The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

Pvp build for a stamdk using whip

• Vizirith
    Vizirith
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vizirith wrote: »
    Just to jump on the reply to Tiphs real quick, 1vx videos often are with less skilled players and will be a much harder fight against skilled pvpers. Isthereno1else said it best: "you can't 1vx yourself" (or players of your equal skill/build).

I just don't know if the sacrifice is worth it. Lash is used best in the aforementioned post by Daffen, but the issue with whip is that there's no cost reduction like lash, and can be building seething fury stacks. You dot somebody up with claw and breath, then have to either use one of those again if you bb cauterize or don't have it, or use FOO fb. Now you can use it for 3 stack whip, but they heal up. Do you use claw, breath and FOO again?

It would work great if you can just breath>claw>FOO>cc>3 stack whip and they die. But healers/solid survival would put a quite a dent in your sustain, even with the new buffs to it.

True about the 1vX videos - but, best available information.

Whatever the limitations of Seething Fury:

Does access to both morphs of Whip give StamDK a unique advantage over a Power Slam Necro?

What advantage would a StamWhip with no secondary effects give StamDK over a Power Slam Necro?

Is there any skill in this game which has Dynamic Resource Cost?

I hear what you're saying, I'm just coming at it from a "is there a whip build that is equal to or better than a non-whip build" perspective. But at the end of the day everybody's perspectives/preferences are different and hopefully whip will at some point be viable. Personally I'd love to see a beautiful green poison whip which would be so cool, but to each his own.
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to jump on the reply to Tiphs real quick, 1vx videos often are with less skilled players and will be a much harder fight against skilled pvpers. Isthereno1else said it best: "you can't 1vx yourself" (or players of your equal skill/build).

I just don't know if the sacrifice is worth it. Lash is used best in the aforementioned post by Daffen, but the issue with whip is that there's no cost reduction like lash, and can be building seething fury stacks. You dot somebody up with claw and breath, then have to either use one of those again if you bb cauterize or don't have it, or use FOO fb. Now you can use it for 3 stack whip, but they heal up. Do you use claw, breath and FOO again?

It would work great if you can just breath>claw>FOO>cc>3 stack whip and they die. But healers/solid survival would put a quite a dent in your sustain, even with the new buffs to it.

True about the 1vX videos - but, best available information.

Whatever the limitations of Seething Fury:

Does access to both morphs of Whip give StamDK a unique advantage over a Power Slam Necro?

What advantage would a StamWhip with no secondary effects give StamDK over a Power Slam Necro?

Is there any skill in this game which has Dynamic Resource Cost?

I hear what you're saying, I'm just coming at it from a "is there a whip build that is equal to or better than a non-whip build" perspective. But at the end of the day everybody's perspectives/preferences are different and hopefully whip will at some point be viable. Personally I'd love to see a beautiful green poison whip which would be so cool, but to each his own.

Right, to summarize my points, I think the answer is probably yes - with a Sword and Board frontbar - and I'm not sure whether the Stam cost matters, or might actually be a bit worse.
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast