The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Opinion about upcoming patch

Trundik
Trundik
✭✭✭
Hello everyone. I play ESO on console PS4 and should say that new patch in my opinion is terrible mistake in part of guaranteed overland set drop. Selling and buying overland items is major economic part, which also helps in creating additional value for crafter materials. Anyone can check how many of this kind of items now present in market, that is a lot. I can understand why guaranteed drop is better for dungeon items, but in case of overland drop it have alternative source, where player could get items he need - market. It means someone else put in this his time which have certain price. Since we have bots farming raws, dropping price on it to zero, and now we will have no gain in overland farm, where player should get money? Stealing? Imo destroying real game economic, when there is no need in this, is very bad decision. Thanks for attention.
  • Trundik
    Trundik
    ✭✭✭
    Forgot to mention that stealing doesn't give money for guild trader.
  • Smoky
    Smoky
    ✭✭✭
    If I am right you are saying you think the guaranteed drop change is a bad thing! I think (and I could be wrong) judging by the reaction when they announced it on the live stream that a pretty huge majority think this is an excellent idea and will save having to run the same dungeon hundreds of times praying for RNG gods blessing.

You can still make good money selling rare furniture plans and there are plenty of guides out there on how to farm them.
  • Deter1UK
    Deter1UK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People wanting overland set for alts are not going to waste transmute stones on construction or time on farming - sets are cheap mostly and buying is the better option if you want to try something out in a hurry.

I don't think you have much to worry about, but time will tell. :)
  • Trundik
    Trundik
    ✭✭✭
    Smoky wrote: »
    If I am right you are saying you think the guaranteed drop change is a bad thing! I think (and I could be wrong) judging by the reaction when they announced it on the live stream that a pretty huge majority think this is an excellent idea and will save having to run the same dungeon hundreds of times praying for RNG gods blessing.

You can still make good money selling rare furniture plans and there are plenty of guides out there on how to farm them.

Again, i'm telling not about dungeons, but about overland set items like mother sorrow, pariah etc. Please read properly. I'm sure that ppl bored with dungeon runs will be pleased by this change.
  • Trundik
    Trundik
    ✭✭✭
    Deter1UK wrote: »
    People wanting overland set for alts are not going to waste transmute stones on construction or time on farming - sets are cheap mostly and buying is the better option if you want to try something out in a hurry.

prices for overland items already dropped for around 50%.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • AuraStorm43
    AuraStorm43
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trundik wrote: »

Tbf farming overland is genuinely a waste of time anyways, compared to the many other things you could be doing to make gold
  • Blood_again
    Blood_again
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry if these changes make some damage to your trading business. But actually, if a choice is "Many people gain the items they are looking for" vs "People pay you gold for items they got no luck to obtain"... Sorry I would vote for the profit for many people, not for you.

I think the upcoming changes are great. It is one in the row of sequential changes that make the game less grindy. It allows people to focus on enjoying the game instead of grinding for items.

...where player should get money?..

I'm sure you know, that guildtraders are about exchange items and gold between players for taxes. Summary this mechanic sinks some gold from the players, not grants the gold. So you can be calm, direct gold flow from game to players won't be touched by the upcoming overland drop changes. Well the money flow between players will probably change. It can cause some anxiety.

I guess you're disturbed by the question "How a trader like you should get money from other players?". Same as after any change in the game - you can sell something else. It's a real game economy. It can't be static, so we should change our businesses along it changes.
    BTW the patchnotes allow us foresee the changes and make some steps beforehand. This is way better than the real world economy.

Try to look on these changes from the bright side. People with less grind would be happier. Happier people are buying more. Just sell them what they want and get your profit.
  • peacenote
    peacenote
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Honestly I make most of my gold on small ticket items, like white pieces that grant inspiration, recipes, and enchants that I get easily from writs and the content I am already running.

I don't ever make $200k on one item but it's a steady stream of income and I never have to grind.

I can't foresee this change being a large issue for most people and the way they make gold in this game.
    My #1 wish for ESO Today: Decouple achievements from character progress and tracking.
    • Advocate for this HERE.
    • Want the history of this issue? It's HERE.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Prices peaked then the recreate system went live as people wanted to fill up their selection.
    They then fell down, I assume the expensive things like weapons has lost most value while jewelry lost little.

Now for me main benefit here will be in dungeons or trials.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Wandering_Immigrant
    Wandering_Immigrant
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello everyone. I play ESO on console PS4 and should say that new patch in my opinion is terrible mistake in part of guaranteed overland set drop. Selling and buying overland items is major economic part, which also helps in creating additional value for crafter materials. Anyone can check how many of this kind of items now present in market, that is a lot. I can understand why guaranteed drop is better for dungeon items, but in case of overland drop it have alternative source, where player could get items he need - market. It means someone else put in this his time which have certain price. Since we have bots farming raws, dropping price on it to zero, and now we will have no gain in overland farm, where player should get money? Stealing? Imo destroying real game economic, when there is no need in this, is very bad decision. Thanks for attention.

I can understand your perspective. The overland gear market is already pretty bad, I deccon probably 99.9% of the drops I get because they're just not worth listing. The only time I list any gear is if I happen to get a rare drop of a current meta set. So yeah if you make that market even less worthwhile there could be less people bothering to sell gear making it actually harder to find what you're looking for.

However, this change isn't going to do that. My understanding is that the only guarantee is that you'll get items not already in your sticker book. So it's not like people are going to be able to go out and farm 18 mother's sorrow fire staffs for all their characters, because once it's in their sticker book their rng is no longer weighted towards it dropping, in fact until they've collected all the other weapons in the set it won't drop at all. And as others have said people putting together builds involving overland sets on alts will usually check the traders before spending transmute stones on reconstruction. So, people will continue buying which means people will continue selling, so I don't think this change will have much impact on the overland market as a whole.
  • Meiox
    Meiox
    ✭✭✭✭
    I prefer to not farm stuff for days, weeks, months just to get the missing part to be able to transmute stuff for the minimum cost.

Its also not funny for me to travel to each zone and look which guild vendor has the missing part I need.
  • codierussell
    codierussell
    ✭✭✭✭
    I as well think it is a bad idea. For players with multiple characters getting set pieces will be terrible. Instead of farming for bahsei jewelry you are going to get all the useless weapons that nobody wants then it goes back to RNG. Sure this reduces RNG if you have one character but if you have multiple it is a terrible change. They basically are making people reconstruct items that people may be willing to grind for.
  • Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It might also mean those whom don't have DLC will have a hard time finding the items in shops or the prices might be rather expensive (more than usual).

It's simplification obviously, but it might also be closing down options for non DLC buyers.
    Edited by Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo on September 29, 2021 4:08PM
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The overland set economy is already busted. I used to make millions selling set pieces. Would farm bangkorai and treasure maps for multiple zones to get gear pieces to sell. Not a thing I even bother doing anymore because none of it sells anymore.

Since they introduced the stickerbook, it's cheaper to decon most overland set pieces than waste a listing fee to put them in a guild trader. And this is pretty much the same for every set introduced in each new chapter after a few weeks. Just look at the Hrothgar, DC, and Plaguebreaker market, it's already cratered and only a few pieces sell for anything. Blackwood sets are already decon fodder and don't sell for anything. Even mother's sorrow, a set you used to be able to get 50-100K for a stave on, now doesn't even sell staves for 30K.

This update is a good thing. And there will still be a market for Tel Var and AP bought sets to some extant. But the market for overland is already gone.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I can guarantee you that I am not going to waste transmute stones in the Star Trek Replicator to gear up alts. :smile: I have a ton more gold than I have transmute stones, and there is no cap on the gold.

While this new system will allow me to complete my "sticker book" faster, I don't see it having much effect on the gear that I am actually wearing.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Jackey
    Jackey
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe most people, but I need to use those transmute stones on something so it doesn't use up all my inventory.
    Gearing up alts is a good way to get rid of them.
    PS | EU
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I remember pre-CWC people were thinking somewhat the same thing. Why would anyone buy a correct traited item? Just buy a training item and transmute it into precise instead. So much cheaper.

And people do just that.

Hybrid stats
    Smart Loot
    Crit cap

RIP ESO.
  • Caligamy_ESO
    Caligamy_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I.. was incredibly bored with everything on u32 pts in about 45 minutes. It seems to suffer from the same thing Blackwood suffered from, which is just a bleh storyline and zone composition. Nothing about the zone compelled me to explore it, solod both of the world bosses in about 10 minutes even though one of them was bugged and invisible (but I could still hit it with aoe.) anyways..

I am very excited for the changes to the RNG drop system though.. just not a whole lot else. It took me about 5 years to finally see a Burning Spellweaver Inferno staff, even though now its just become a meme weapon.. yeah.. that old system can go perish in a fire.
    love is love
  • Zaraina
    Zaraina
    Didn't read through all replies, so sorry if repeating, but I believe that price drop you are worried about already mostly happened with Sticker book introduction. Even to take Inferno MS staff. The only expensive worth selling option will still be having in in Precise and lesser extend Infused (plus Purple/Gold ofc). This will remain, as the only reason to buy vs reconstruct - it saving crystals. If crystals are not an issue - people buy teh cheapest off-trait item, bind and reconstruct or reroll the trait. I know I did...
    Same with Pariah, especially jewellery since there are no dolmens analogy in Wrothgar. You can have them in your sticker book, but upgrading to purple vs buying it from someone who was lucky to find it in the chest is just unjustifiably more expensive. So yeah, nothing really change...
    Plus fully agree on overland set farming not being at all efficient... Leyawiin furniture and even simple resources farm much more stable and reliable source of income
  • Smoky
    Smoky
    ✭✭✭

Again, i'm telling not about dungeons, but about overland set items like mother sorrow, pariah etc. Please read properly. I'm sure that ppl bored with dungeon runs will be pleased by this change.

I did read your post properly but quite simply this update will massively help people farming dungeons which is why I mentioned dungeons!

Really a 5 minute search on google and you could find many more ways to make much more gold so if its gold your after then like others have said just find the next stuff that's selling well and farm that. I don't farm unless I actually am after a certain piece as I would far rather be playing the game then grinding it every day but each to their own.
  • Xebov
    Xebov
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont see the issue with the economy.

In the past before the stickerbook only a handful specific items of a handful specific sets where valuable. At that time the market already had many set items with little value.

After the stickerbook was introduced these valuable items became less valuable since player no longer where required to purchase multiple copies.

Now after this items are likely devaluated a bit further, but thats not realy aproblem because the majority already had very low value the past years. Besides that items in the right trait or jewelry in higehr qualities might still keep some value.
  • ArielSira
    ArielSira
    ✭✭✭
    If I skipped over it I apologize, but say the last item you need from an overland set is an inferno staff. If it then drops but you don't bind it; does that mean it will continue to drop that last piece again and again or does the weighted rng not care about binding?
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Selling and buying overland items is major economic part, which also helps in creating additional value for crafter materials. .

The crafter material part should remain unchanged since players will still want to upgrade their items. Even from reconstruction upgrade materials are still required since overland gear reconstructs mostly in green quality and dungeons in blue quality.

Even for obtaining the gear initially, it will have a little impact no those that farm since they have likely already filled out their collections. Those that do not want to farm are still going to buy the items the first time which is unchanged. So it comes down mostly to those who grow frustrated with farming a weapon that will lower the demand.
  • Ippokrates
    Ippokrates
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am not sure that market will be damage. I mean, you can get guaranteed drop for items you do not have, so you can spend whole day grinding drop in delves, dolmens, public dung, chests or even quests buuuuut... wouldn't be better to fill your stickerbook for few thousands and then go directly for big prize like daggers, staffs or greatswords? Which are BTW. in many cases guaranteed by zone quests anyway ;p

So sure, maybe it is end for 100k stuff but smaller things for 5-10k still could be sold.

UNLESS... do not forget that not everyone in ESO have access to ESO+ or full range of DLC, so still there will be people that are looking for items from particular zone.

BTW. does someone know if pvp chests will also be affected by this rng? As far as i know, they don't, so hot stuff like Deadly or Morag would be still desired by market.
    Edited by Ippokrates on September 29, 2021 10:22PM
  • Colecovision
    Colecovision
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArielSira wrote: »
    If I skipped over it I apologize, but say the last item you need from an overland set is an inferno staff. If it then drops but you don't bind it; does that mean it will continue to drop that last piece again and again or does the weighted rng not care about binding?

I tested that on the pts. Yes, you will be able to leave one overland item uncollected and farm for days and stockpile MS inferno staffs if you want. I brought it up on the pts. If they think it's a bad thing, they will make a change. If they are fine with it, it will go live like that.

If they are cool with it, I just want everyone to know that's how it works. I don't want to see a bunch of people get ripped off because that fact is unknown to them. Overland gear should be worthless after this change. I'm fine with that. As others have mentioned above, it's already nothing like it used to be. This is the end of a long road.
  • Parasaurolophus
    Parasaurolophus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC / EU and none of the overland sets are worth decent money anymore. Mother's fiery staff - 20k. What else? Briarhart? Spinner?
    PC/EU
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess I'll have to go watch the announcement stream again, but I could swear that they said the modified RNG was just for dungeon bosses, not for everything else such as overland sets?
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Ippokrates
    Ippokrates
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC / EU and none of the overland sets are worth decent money anymore. Mother's fiery staff - 20k. What else? Briarhart? Spinner?

From Deadlands you will have medium Hexos with 12k shield every 6 sec and great 2-4 stats, so i would say it is worth considering ;)

But for now, I would say except Briarheart and MS, Spriggan, Dragonguard Elite, Pariah, Alfiq, Deadland Assassin BUUUUT from next patch many things will change. Personally, I think that Morrowind will be most popular - Defiler with crit & War Maiden with 600 dmg ;)
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    karekiz wrote: »
    I remember pre-CWC people were thinking somewhat the same thing. Why would anyone buy a correct traited item? Just buy a training item and transmute it into precise instead. So much cheaper.

And people do just that.

Hybrid stats
    Smart Loot
    Crit cap

RIP ESO.

I will never waste Transmutes on a piece of gear that I can buy in the correct trait from a shop. It's such a waste.