The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Grim Harlequin Apex Letdown

Evarelia
Evarelia
✭✭✭
I will start by saying I love the crown crates and the items provided to us for cosmetic purchases, they have such great variety and fun themes.

However, the Grim Harlequin Apex mounts are a let down IN COMPARISON to previous apex mounts.
All apex mounts have a summoning animation, including these new ones.
However, almost all previous apex mounts have a standstill and press space bar animation that makes them special, the exception to this being some camels, but they in turn have an ambient and constant glow or aura to them.

This guar has absolutely nothing special about it, other than it's barding.
RZKnsyf.png?1

The grim harlequin apex mounts have none of these special effects. No glow, no aura, no special space bar animation. They are very simple looking, black mounts with nice barding.
Please see comparison images below of SPACE BAR or idle animations, compared to the grim harlequin guar.

Y8AM7cP.png
YnBETy2.png
iy8AluI.png

Even these two have auras, if subtle.
bTH7XQj.png
yKoQXRD.png

MJnHvjn.png

This one at the very least has a forehead gem that lights up and then fades.
3ljM33x.png
  • Jackey
    Jackey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would be nice if you could preview the animation and effects.
    PS | EU
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Radiant Apex is the new apex tier. Apex is the new legendary tier.

It may not be long before Apex tier is maybe one mount, with a collection of costumes, emotes, furnishings and collectibles you would usually find at legendary tier. Time will tell.
  • meekmiko
    meekmiko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They're kinda like how the Cursebound mounts were from the Nightfall Crates then.
    Those had absolutely nothing. No special summoning, no special spacebar, no footprints, no trails, nothin' at all.

We had threads about those: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/533608/new-apex-have-no-effects-at-all

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/533561/new-crown-mounts-sound-wimpy

https://amp.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/hbvsc2/cursebound_wolf_has_no_animations/

At least these mounts have a purple summoning thingy, albeit very small and short, but yeh I dunno.
    Really disappointing all around.
    🌟PC/NA CP2025+ [Been playing since 2016]
    vMA / vVH / vDSA / vBRP / vAA HM / vSO HM / vHRC HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS+1 & +1 / vCR+2 / vSS / vKA/ vRG
    • 🌩️ ⚔️ EP - Jessamine Seed-Nightrun, Dro-m'Athra Destroyer / Bosmer StamSorc (DPS) -Main DPS-
    • ☀️ 🛡️ EP - Mihi'Mai-Ra, Plague of Peryite / Khajiit StamPlar (Tank) -Main Tank-
    • ☀️ ✨ EP - Lady Lapa'au, The Magnanimous / Khajiit MagPlar (Healer) -Main Healer-
    • 🌩️ ☄️ EP - Ra'venk, Style Master / Khajiit MagSorc (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ⚔️ EP - Bird gra-Shuzgub, Forge Breaker / Orc StamBlade (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ✨ EP - Blades-at-the-Ready, Witch / Argonian MagBlade (Healer)
    • ☀️ ⚔️ EP - Lady Fortuna the Blessed, Grand Champion / Imperial StamPlar (DPS)
    • 🔥 🛡️ EP - Plays-in Volcanoes, Mystic / Argonian StamDK (Tank)
    • 💀 ☄️ EP - Ko'shamari the Doomweaver, Dovahkriid / Khajiit MagNecro (DPS)
    • 🌱 ✨ EP - Sorvete, Countess / Khajiit StamDen (Healer)
    • 🔥 🏹 EP - Falora Veloth, The Merciless / Dunmer StamDK (DPS)
    • 🌩️ 🛡️ AD - Shimmers-with-Static, Spark of Vengeance / Argonian StamSorc (Tank)
    • ☀️ ⚔️ EP - Amarri-do the Magnificent, Clan Mother / Khajiit StamPlar (DPS)
    • 🌩️ ⚔️ EP - Z'majii-dar the Quick, Battlegrounds Butcher / Khajiit StamSorc (DPS)
    • 🔥 ⚔️ EP - Habasi the Glamorous, Seeker of Artifacts / Khajiit StamDK (DPS)
    • ❄️ 🛡️ EP - Elísabet Skull-Smasher, Thane of Falkreath / Nord StamDen (Tank)
    • 🗡️ 🛡️ EP - Yana-la the Iron Lotus, Silver Knight / Khajiit StamBlade (Tank)
    • 👁️ ☄️ EP - Mog gra-Ushug the Scholar, Master Historian / Orc MagCanist (DPS)
    • 👁️ 🔨 EP - Mamaea the Sledgehammer, Alpha Predator / Khajiit StamCanist (DPS)
    • 👁️ 🏹 AD - Elsyiir Lichenhollow, Lady / Bosmer StamCanist (DPS)
    • & I only dabble on the PC/EU server sometimes
    • 🗡️ ⚔️ AD - Jessamine Seed-Nightrun / Bosmer StamBlade (DPS)
    • 🌩️ ⚔️ EP - Sings-a-Song-of-Storms / Argonian StamSorc (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ☄️ DC - Helainie the Shadebringer / Breton MagBlade (DPS)
    • 🌩️ ☄️ EP - Steals-Many-Hearts / Argonian MagSorc (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ⚔️ AD - Pashet the Nimble / Khajiit StamBlade (DPS)
    • 🔥 🏹☄️ EP - Furoni the Ember / Dunmer HybridDK (DPS)
    • 👁️ ☄️ EP - Am-Kesh / Argonian MagCanist (DPS)
    • 🔥 ⚔️ AD - Eldrinthr the Flame-Heart / Bosmer StamDK (DPS)
    • 👁️ ☄️ AD - Bajaa the Blackened Beast / Khajiit MagNecro (DPS)
    • 💀 ⚔️ AD - Vashpurri-do the Corrupt / Khajiit StamNecro (DPS)
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the info on current Apex mounts!

Previewing Apex mounts, I was surprised to see nice summoning effect this time, but I wondered if they also have any effects when rearing up... I'm disappointed now :/
    This one at the very least has a forehead gem that lights up and then fades.

I still think that Ayleid season has the worst and most boring Apex mounts :o The little glowing gem is not worth 400 gems :D I bought Apex senche only for his beautiful idle animation.

XJqpD73.png
    They're kinda like how the Cursebound mounts were from the Nightfall Crates then.
    Those had absolutely nothing. No special summoning, no special spacebar, no footprints, no trails, nothin' at all.

True! I still can't get over the fact they designers didn't add any summoning animation and trail effects to those mounts :s Such a shame to leave these mounts forever incomplete.
    Their models are really nice, and they all have creepy voices to compliment their looks. With effects, it would be real pleasure to actually ride any of those mounts.

Ll8I4T7.jpg
    Radiant Apex is the new apex tier. Apex is the new legendary tier.

It may not be long before Apex tier is maybe one mount, with a collection of costumes, emotes, furnishings and collectibles you would usually find at legendary tier. Time will tell.

Sadly, I have the same feeling :(
    Most of past seasons, Apex mounts were unusual creatures with special effects to enhance the pleasure of riding them. It was easy decision to own them. But season after season, "specialness" of Apex rewards fades away.

Last time there were properly awesome Apex mounts during Gloomspore crates - yes, very long time ago... Unique models, epic summoning animations, beautiful rearing up and trail effects. Those Apex mounts were the last ones worth their price.

8C96t9f.jpg
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One person's boring is to someone else's liking. I prefer these more normal looking apex. Like the Baandari, Ayleid etc.
    The Grinning Terror mounts are not something new or wrong. They are just in the category of less extreme.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really like them.