The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Armory system in U32, no more full build changes pains

• Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    On console so quite pleased about this.

On the free slots - 2 per character is fine by me. Have the full 18 and the only gear swapping is for pvp. May need 1/2 extra for my healer but as gear discussions happen before trials simple to change beforehand.

And whilst I do end game, I don’t do it so obsessively that I would need to switch gear mid-trial. I can’t get my head round that even being a thing. Can the hard achievements be done without it? Yes they can. So why an issue?
  • Varana
    Varana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Epona222 wrote: »
    Chaos2088 wrote: »
    Only 2 slots?....will be continuing to use addons...

I think the point that yourself and others are missing about addons and the comments from worried PC players, is that Zenimax has to ALLOW addons to be used and because there is now going to be a poorer version available but much of it on the Crown Store, that they will DISALLOW addons that do similar (but better) things, by simply not allowing addon authors to access that functionality from the game.

Apart from Rich's statements on stream, it never worked like that before. When they incorporated some form of guild store search etc. into the game, they didn't cut off the functionality of addons like Awesome Guild Store. When they introduced QOL-features to writ crafting, they didn't kill Dolgubon. Action Duration Reminder happily continues to work as well.

Their general stance on this seems to be to add some features to the game in their own way, and let the addons find their new place or just become obsolete. Are they truly replaced, like Multicraft? Fine, no one will use the addon any more. Do they find a way to add more functionality? Fine as well.
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Varana wrote: »
    Epona222 wrote: »
    Chaos2088 wrote: »
    Only 2 slots?....will be continuing to use addons...

I think the point that yourself and others are missing about addons and the comments from worried PC players, is that Zenimax has to ALLOW addons to be used and because there is now going to be a poorer version available but much of it on the Crown Store, that they will DISALLOW addons that do similar (but better) things, by simply not allowing addon authors to access that functionality from the game.

Apart from Rich's statements on stream, it never worked like that before. When they incorporated some form of guild store search etc. into the game, they didn't cut off the functionality of addons like Awesome Guild Store. When they introduced QOL-features to writ crafting, they didn't kill Dolgubon. Action Duration Reminder happily continues to work as well.

Their general stance on this seems to be to add some features to the game in their own way, and let the addons find their new place or just become obsolete. Are they truly replaced, like Multicraft? Fine, no one will use the addon any more. Do they find a way to add more functionality? Fine as well.

Well these features you mentioned were not paid...

• Folkb
    Folkb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This new armory feature has one downside. It will drastically elevate races that can play either majicka or stamina builds than those that can't.
  • Luke_Flamesword
    Luke_Flamesword
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They made this armory is crown store heavy and it's controversial enough, so I don't think that they will rage whole PC community by killing addons which still have some additional features, that armory will be missing. So overall situation is not so bad, we will have old ways and some new options to do things.
    PC | EU | DC |Stam Dk Breton
  • Berdusk
    Berdusk
    ✭✭✭
    Kind sad to hear that it doesn't pull gear from your bank or housing storage, because it sounds like a big leap backwards in terms of inventory management.

My least favorite and most often visited activity in game.

Not to say that we really need it, but what I would really like to see for this system are Lockers.

Simple space-storage devices tied to each build, like our storage chests, not tied to our bank. They wouldn't even be directly accessible. You want to change it up? Toggle your Build to Active, change things, and then store them by switching to another Build.

No extra inventory management. No having to worry about "Does this set belong to this character or that character, and can I get rid of it?" amidst all the other gear you've got lurking in your bank. No having to worry about which set belongs to which build. And best of all? Not having to carry all of that gear in each character's inventory.

Otherwise, why would we need an assistant to help us manage all of this, anyway?
  • ResidentContrarian
    ResidentContrarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meiox wrote: »
    Andre_Noir wrote: »
    It's not because they will sell build slots in crownstore, right ? :trollface:
    To be clear: PER CHARACTER

some are never happy :-P

Maybe because,

1. It should have come sooner
    2. Monetization of basic QoL is a bad decision and direction, esp. in a game with sub and expansions

But everyone's entitled to their opinion. Just don't be surprised when even more microtransations are pushed into the game.
  • Magic_Doogies
    Magic_Doogies
    ✭✭✭
    God so many of my characters are going to get a lot of use now that I don't have to pick and choose which build I really wanna ride or die for if they turn out to be okay. Never before was I so excited for a feature to drop in the LIVE game. I'm weird though and I don't want "spoilers" so I'll avoid getting the PTS server to experience it first hand. I think the best part of the build load out is that I can name them based on what person created the build and their name 'example: Deltias- Super Werewolf 2021'. In that sense if I ever take a hiatus and come back I'll always have a reminder of what it was I was working towards and if need be- how to play the build again without feeling like it's better to just start from scratch.
  • Luciferazazell
    Luciferazazell
    ✭✭✭
    Paywall is not a strong word it explains exactly what it is and I think because we like this game so much is why we push back to get things done right . I don't understand why on console we get thrown a bone and everyones jumps up and seems happy with it. On pc this is all free the dressing room addon actually works even better with more slots and no pay wall. We have requested addons before and alot of the same community would say that addons couldn't be done on console yet here we are with
    console ability timers which has been a addon on pc for years. Console seems to always get the short end of the stick and it can be disheartening pc gets all console gets non when we do its half fast and its a charge lol this is why alot of console end game users have left to pc and with this new addition of assistance and Armory that does not work like dressing room and on top you have to pay for it because God forbid we get requested core game enhancements for free. So whilst I appreciate the attempt at additions like these to the game. In reality its a slap in the face to console users . ZOS Why can't we just get your own version of dressing room as on pc ? you guys were able to add your own version of ability timers to console luckily we didn't get charged for that but point is It can be done. This Armory aside From it being something that will mostlikely have to be (( purchased )) Unlike dressing room for pc which just gets downloaded for(( FREE )) isn't even going to be usable in end game trials it seems where it counts for group comp adjustments for pushing scores Dressing rooms functionality allows for you to be able to switch things on the fly but this we are getting does not sound like what I'm sure players atleast in the endgame console community were hoping for or had in mind. Again much appreciate and we will have to see the end result but for consoles sake lets hope they're listening and get this right.
    Edited by Luciferazazell on September 18, 2021 6:00PM
  • Varana
    Varana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    a) The basic functionality of this is free.

b) No, Dressing Room does not do exactly the same. It cannot change your morphs, skill points, attributes, or lycanthropy/vampirism.

Addons and Armoury do slightly different things.
  • Cillion3117
    Cillion3117
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I heard somewhere that you can assign a costume to a build along with everything else. Will you be able to assign a mount to a build?
  • vet7years
    vet7years
    Ok, the question I have, is does the armory save the items so it's easily switched out or do you have to lug all that gear around? As a healer with multiple gear combos, it would be impossible to carry more than a couple builds worth if it had to stay in my inventory to be able to use the build.
  • Varana
    Varana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You need to have the items you want to equip in your inventory.
    Or pull them out of the bank before you switch, this isn't for quickly swapping gear on the fly anyway.
  • Xebov
    Xebov
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The one thing iam realy missing here is a way to save the mundus stone. The system in general finally allows for multiple specs without any conflicts (like being a tank and full DD or PvP without conflicts on morphs and attributes). The only thing realy missing is the mundus. If mundus changes are needed we will have to domehow travel to a stone which limits the use of the system to some degree.
  • Kajuratus
    Kajuratus
    ✭✭✭
    This armory sounds great, but this has the same problem as the outfit system does. Why can't we have the option to buy extra slots with in game gold?
    So the Dark Elves have weird alien architecture, where people live in mushroom towers and the shell of a giant crab, but the High Elves, the pinnacle of technology, the most magically advanced race in Tamriel, are still stuck in slightly pretty, fairly tall stone buildings? Not even a hint of a glass city? Are stainless glass windows really enough to claim that a city is made of glass?
  • Rennd
    Rennd
    Soul Shriven
    Maybe a silly question but I have to ask...

I keep hearing that I should make an alt character for crafting because that uses too many skill points. Will armory help my main be a "do it all" or i'm still going to be better with an alt? I hate the idea of transferring motifs between characters, i'd rather pay for a few slots and an npc.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Should i spam threads more? Possibly, but thats the thing Rich was spoiling kind of on streams avoiding answering but it's actually would be available on PTS next monday.

Armory furnishing or assistant, build loadouts (10 build slots for gear, CP, curses like vamp/werewolf, atributes etc.) probably the most asked feature for years, i finally can say that zos spending their time right and building into the future.

I doubt it was the most asked for feature, though I am sure some here will certainly like it so it is a good thing overall.

Some of us are unlikely to use this much at all, especially if slots require crown purchases and slots are per character as I have read.

I am unlikely to even try it in that case.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, has anyone tried this out on the PTS yet? (I haven't.)

I'm curious how this "per character" purchasing is supposed to work. I mean, when you buy something from the Crown Store, it's available to all of your characters on that server on your account. So do you have to be logged in as a specific character to buy additional slots for that character? Or do you have to specify which character it's for when you buy it?
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • merevie
    merevie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is a white elephant.

For pvp there we have been in a queue. Sometimes 45mins queue. We are not going to LEAVE to go to our house to use this once the group gets together and discovers healers need set changes.

There are addons that will do this for us for free. If you are new, don't buy this! There are several addons that will do it for you -ask around.

FREE

Tick tock 6 days to fix lag.
    Dark Convergence still broken - pay to win not going to happen when you don't have a community willing to pay. Please fix broken sets from last DLC.

Edited by merevie on September 22, 2021 5:43AM
  • BazOfWar
    BazOfWar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just another way to milk the player base out of RL money. The player base asks for something that should already be in the game and Zos will monetize it.
  • ajkb78
    ajkb78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kargen27 wrote: »
    Malmer wrote: »
    after there leaked it that console get away swap hole setup´s quicker like bars gear at once i was so hyped but after there told us it isnt possible to use in raids and arena´s its dissapointed me even more its defently not fair pc endgame teams can use it over ages for scores in arena and trails why console get not the right for it?

Why is it not fair? Does a player getting a high score on PC bump a player off the console leader board? You aren't competing against each other.

It's not fair because the difficulty of modern trifectas appears to be designed based on the largest audience - PC players - and with the tacit assumption that add-ons are used.

They make a big difference in being able to optimise for bosses / trash and clear content faster. Console players have to swap gear and skills manually, which takes longer than using an add-on. Given how at-the-limit achievements like Godslayer or planesbreaker are, it's not about competing with pc players for leaderboard scores, it's about it being feasible to clear these achievements at all on console, especially if Deadlands is a significant nerf to optimised group DPS.

Having achievements in the game that are simply unachievable for any group leaves a bad taste in the mouth, not because I'm on the verge of planesbreaker (I'm not!) but because it sours the dream that one day with enough practice I could achieve it. That's doubly true when it's because ZoS can't understand how to balance achievements so they're equally achievable on all platforms. I hoped with the introduction of skill timers that was the direction they were heading, but currently I'm feeling disappointed.
    Edited by ajkb78 on September 22, 2021 9:21AM
  • cyberjanet
    cyberjanet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ratzkifal wrote: »
    *10 build slots, out of which only 2 are free and the rest needs to be unlocked with crowns

This is the part that worries me. One outfit slot costs €15, and that's per character. So I haven't bought any. As a build slot is infinitely more useful, it will probably cost the same or more, and I'm not buying them at that price either.

With only two build slots per character, there won't be much point buying the Armourer assistant either.
    Edited by cyberjanet on September 22, 2021 10:18AM
    Favourite NPC: Wine-For-All
    Mostly PC-EU , with a lonely little guy on NA.
  • LalMirchi
    LalMirchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    between those two forms without requiring a new bite and running the quest so even just that functionality will be nice.

A bit confusing that it can't copy over your mundus stone which will potentially limit the usefulness in instances. Also, by the sounds of it, you can't use the assistant in any vet trials or arenas. It makes sense, but again, it's another reason to stick with the addon option if it's available.

I will not be surprised if the API loses the hooks for gear changes. Remember pre-buffing in trials? The devs had to alter a lot of sets to "break" pre-buffing. Now the trash/boss duality (whatever, first word I thought of)? I would NOT be surprised at all if addons lost the ability to access builds to the current extent. Thus, PC raids would only have 1 setup per run, just like console.

This is pure speculation isn't it? Any concrete information on this subject would be very useful.
  • temerley
    temerley
    ✭✭✭
    kargen27 wrote: »
    Malmer wrote: »
    after there leaked it that console get away swap hole setup´s quicker like bars gear at once i was so hyped but after there told us it isnt possible to use in raids and arena´s its dissapointed me even more its defently not fair pc endgame teams can use it over ages for scores in arena and trails why console get not the right for it?

Why is it not fair? Does a player getting a high score on PC bump a player off the console leader board? You aren't competing against each other.

You’re competing for score, console player takes vVH world record then PC players take it less than a month, and taken again, and again.

How can console compete score on the highest level when you limit them with one set-up?
  • Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean we can do it with an addon...
    There's nothing very innovative about this if I've understood correctly.
    And if we have to pay for more slots...no thank you and wow..if it's the case I'm mind blown.
    I won't support things like this, sorry.
    Edited by Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo on September 22, 2021 3:17PM
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Youyouz06 wrote: »
    I mean we can do it with an addon...
    There's nothing very innovative about this if I've understood correctly.
    And if we have to pay for more slots...no thank you and wow..if it's the case I'm mind blown.
    I won't support things like this, sorry.

I'm a console player, but my understanding is that the addons like dressing room can't change skill morphs, whether you are infected with vampirism, CP points, and your basic health/magicka/stamina points without cost which the new armoury will be able to do.

For me it is effectively going to be able to make my main character into multiple characters now. Instead of having templar for PVE and one for PVP for example, after the first setup costs, I will have 1 character that I can quickly swap out to either option. Mundus stone is a current constraint from watching a twitch stream, but if they can get round that I wouldn't be surprised if it is added later

This means that for people who wanted more character slots because they wanted to have a tank/healer/pve/pvp for each class, they can do that within the armoury system for that character
    Edited by fizl101 on September 22, 2021 3:25PM
    Soupy twist
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Accidental duplicate!

Edited by fizl101 on September 22, 2021 3:25PM
    Soupy twist
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Them disallowing this in Scoreboard counting instances isn't really too surprising. They nerfed crit damage because groups were pushing out too much damage. Why would they then add in a feature that allows groups to optimize on the fly and push DPS even higher?

My only disappointment with the system is the inability to swap in the Alliance base in Cyrodil/Imperial City or in the waiting period of a BG before the match countdown finishes and the match starts.

Not allowing those two things really defeats the purpose of being able to swap between a PVE and PVP setup. It prevents you from doing PVE activities in your PVE setup while queued for PVP. Since you cannot control when the queue will pop. I've had instances where it popped mid fight and I was able to confirm with 10 seconds left. No time to build swap in that situation and now you'd be in Cyrodil without the right build. And since you would need to disengage from combat to interact with the assistant, you won't even be able to stop the fight to swap before accepting the queue in time.
  • Feljax
    Feljax
    ✭✭✭
    This is definitely a big improvement for us console players. I applaud ZoS for going this route. However, I will say that without including the mundus boons, one will still have to go through a couple of loading screens to finalize switching from on spec to another, which to me, seems a little counterintuitive to the concept.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay!!!!
    Andre_Noir wrote: »
    It's not because they will sell build slots in crownstore, right ? :trollface:
    To be clear: PER CHARACTER

...... Oh no.

If it ain't account bound I ain't buying it.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK