Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Armory system in U32, no more full build changes pains

• redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    between those two forms without requiring a new bite and running the quest so even just that functionality will be nice.

A bit confusing that it can't copy over your mundus stone which will potentially limit the usefulness in instances. Also, by the sounds of it, you can't use the assistant in any vet trials or arenas. It makes sense, but again, it's another reason to stick with the addon option if it's available.

I will not be surprised if the API loses the hooks for gear changes. Remember pre-buffing in trials? The devs had to alter a lot of sets to "break" pre-buffing. Now the trash/boss duality? I would NOT be surprised at all if addons lost the ability to access builds to the current extent. Thus, PC raids would only have 1 setup per run, just like console.

It will be very disappointing if this new system also comes with the addition of removing the functionality of addons at the same time. It would be very petty to provide a weaker version of an addon... with a paywall... then remove the option to use the addon as well. I'll cross my fingers and hope that they don't go that route.

Well, paywall is a strong word. Just like outfits you get enough for "free." Console has been clearing titles (trifectas) without gear switching for 7 years. Yes, PC is 're used to being spoiled, but honestly, that kind of gear grind puts a LOT of players off end-game content. Heck, even grinding out more than 1 set of gear (meta changes at least yearly) puts people off doing advanced content.

It's healthier for the game if we're a little less min/max focused.

You're not wrong, but at the end of the day, if this change leads to less functionality than we have currently, it will lead to player frustration, especially if there is a real world cost associated with buying back the previous functionality on each toon.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gederic wrote: »
    They were so satisfied when they announced that they had made a worse version of an addon lol.

Woo, I'm sure it will be 5k crowns (plus crowns for build slots) for a worse version of Alpha Gear or Dressing Room! And I can't use it in arenas, trials, or Cyrodiil? Incredible!

So use the add-on. If you play on console this is a big change.

And it is cost free changing of champion points, skills and attributes. Which add-on is it that lets you do that?
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    For some reason people are missing this for "crappy alpha gear" but it's not crossing much with it, being able to swap from tank to DD or from pve to pvp in a single click is the thing, not gear swaps via an assistant which would be completely useless.

Wish add-ons could do that easily but it's completely new feature that would probably alleviate or ease a lot of issues be it fake roles, tank overland and solo arenas, pvers going pvp and vice versa, being soft locked to a single spec etc.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For some reason people are missing this for "crappy alpha gear" but it's not crossing much with it, being able to swap from tank to DD or from pve to pvp in a single click is the thing, not gear swaps via an assistant which would be completely useless.

Wish add-ons could do that easily but it's completely new feature that would probably alleviate or ease a lot of issues be it fake roles, tank overland and solo arenas, pvers going pvp and vice versa, being soft locked to a single spec etc.

I think part of the issue is that for people that really like what Alpha Gear does, this is no replacement. People hoping for a built in gear swap system to replace the addon know now that it's not likely to ever happen.

This new armory does have some great features and will be used, just not in the same ways that Alpha Gear is used. The hope is that both options can still be used together on PC so everyone wins.
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    \ ease a lot of issues be it fake roles

One can dream...
  • HugoG92
    HugoG92
    ✭✭✭
    Great addition but the assistant doesn't let you change anything in trials so will this even be used on PC and it still doesn't let console try and compete with the scores set on PC. Makes more sense to allow the assistant everywhere but PVP...

Right?! It doesn't makes sense to me. I'm not buying it unless i can use it in trials. There's no point otherwise :(
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wait, Zenimax said they were adding an armory?
  • Coatmagic
    Coatmagic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nice console will at least have this option now even if in gimped form

as for pc, i don't see people that regularly use dressing room type addons forking over cash for any base game system extras
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Feljax wrote: »
    This is exciting! Any word on whether this will affect Mundus boon as well?

It will affect everything....exept mundus
  • Ishtarknows
    Ishtarknows
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was excited to hear that console would gain one of the benefits that pc players have while doing hard content such as Godslayer - the ability to switch gear on the fly, from aoe setup to boss and back again.

But you've decided that we can't use it during trials. I'd say to the Devs what even is the point? Give with one hand and take with the other. Not happy
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Feljax wrote: »
    This is exciting! Any word on whether this will affect Mundus boon as well?

It will affect everything....exept mundus

Technology just isn't there yet...
  • allumo
    allumo
    ✭✭
    While this armory feature is a realy nice QoL for all its quite sad seein it be implemented the way its goin to be cus its i deliberate moneygrab. You dont even try to hide it instead you make slots to be sold per character. How about use those resources placed developing this greedy move and fix the servers quality. Now that would be a great QoL improvement that you that is long due to the comunity.
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As a console player, this is awesome!

Sure pc player seems to be unhappy that some addon seems to be better, but isnt this exactly what a addon is for? To make your life easier in a way that the game dont? At least, i understand it like that

For the slot limit
    I can understant why some people can be disappoined. You dont need 10 build on all your character, maybe you want it but non you dont need it at all especially if one as alt

For the no switching in vet trial or areana
    I think that not what they wanted out of this system, i think they wanted to remouve most of the cost and time associated to changing your build and to conserve the intended way to gear for a trial, like what is currently on console
    Also with additionnal slot being crownstore only we would probably already have p2w complaint on the forum, since paying would enable quicker setup change mid trial for better time/score

In the end
    Not a perfect system but still way better thatn what we currently have on console where addon dont exist
    Edited by Dark_Lord_Kuro on September 17, 2021 10:45PM
  • Indigogo
    Indigogo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like a great step forward delivered in a clunky way.
    I'm not seeing how having to travel/go through load screens/spend money is any quicker or easier than changing it manually for me.

If it had been like outfit slots, you select build 2 and away you go, I'd have been singing zos's praises. That's true QoL.
    I wouldn't mind MAKING a build at a station.
    But not being able to change on the fly makes this something I'll very rarely use.
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Only 2 slots?....will be continuing to use addons...
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • SpiritKitten
    SpiritKitten
    ✭✭✭✭
    Indigogo wrote: »
    I'm not seeing how having to travel/go through load screens/spend money is any quicker or easier than changing it manually for me.

If it had been like outfit slots, you select build 2 and away you go, I'd have been singing zos's praises. That's true QoL.
    But not being able to change on the fly makes this something I'll very rarely use.

it also comes as an assistant.
  • Malmer
    Malmer
    ✭✭
    after there leaked it that console get away swap hole setup´s quicker like bars gear at once i was so hyped but after there told us it isnt possible to use in raids and arena´s its dissapointed me even more its defently not fair pc endgame teams can use it over ages for scores in arena and trails why console get not the right for it?
  • Indigogo
    Indigogo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

it also comes as an assistant.

Invalid in pvp.
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Chaos2088 wrote: »

I think the point that yourself and others are missing about addons and the comments from worried PC players, is that Zenimax has to ALLOW addons to be used and because there is now going to be a poorer version available but much of it on the Crown Store, that they will DISALLOW addons that do similar (but better) things, by simply not allowing addon authors to access that functionality from the game.
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • Red_Feather
    Red_Feather
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Being able to have a werewolf for one build and vampire for another blows my mind.

Got to collect all the curses now on my main.

• Red_Feather
    Red_Feather
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I was thinking because it allows you to change skill point and attribute allocations without having to visit shrines it'll be what I will use over any addon.
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Epona222 wrote: »

I think the point that yourself and others are missing about addons and the comments from worried PC players, is that Zenimax has to ALLOW addons to be used and because there is now going to be a poorer version available but much of it on the Crown Store, that they will DISALLOW addons that do similar (but better) things, by simply not allowing addon authors to access that functionality from the game.

Haven't thought about that yet. Now I am thinking about it.
    Definitely sounds like something they might do long term. They'll say something like "addons that are spying or exploiting will be banned", but the actual list includes stuff like this and enough people on copium will defend the decision. Especially the part of the console crowd that thinks all addons are exploits and "playing the game for you".
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • Soul_Soliloquy
    Totally agree with OP, I love that Armory is gonna be a thing!
    Will I need to spend crowns to get the exact setups I want? Most likely
    Will it be buggy on release & need fixes? Maybe
    Still very happy, thank you ZOS <3
    GM Waking Dreams | PC NA
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ratzkifal wrote: »

Haven't thought about that yet. Now I am thinking about it.
    Definitely sounds like something they might do long term. They'll say something like "addons that are spying or exploiting will be banned", but the actual list includes stuff like this and enough people on copium will defend the decision. Especially the part of the console crowd that thinks all addons are exploits and "playing the game for you".

They don't even have to say it's banned, they just do whatever to the API and addons can no longer access those functions
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Malmer wrote: »
    after there leaked it that console get away swap hole setup´s quicker like bars gear at once i was so hyped but after there told us it isnt possible to use in raids and arena´s its dissapointed me even more its defently not fair pc endgame teams can use it over ages for scores in arena and trails why console get not the right for it?

Why is it not fair? Does a player getting a high score on PC bump a player off the console leader board? You aren't competing against each other.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The fact that we only get 2 lots for free (and buying more is per character) is a bit disappointing. But it's better than nothing.

My main character has 3 dd setups, 2 tank setups, 3 healer setups, and 3 pvp setups. I swap role daily. So I will probably be sticking with addons for now.
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage noble & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • PeacefulAnarchy
    PeacefulAnarchy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Rich has said at least three times on his stream tonight that they will not be affecting any current addons and specifically mentioned dressing room.

Of course long term who knows, but I'd expect the worst they'd do is some cooldown like with the CP swap.
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    But seriously, the fact that slots are per character is such a deal breaker... I have 12 characters that I actually play plus a couple of mules (for now, probably will play in future too). I'd by 3-5 slots for sure if accountwide, but separately for at least 12 characters? No way. Just actually buying on each character would be a work in itself, not to mention excessive costs.

Same with outfits, the only reason I don't have any bought slots is because these are per character. I would buy a couple if accountwide...
  • Cireous
    Cireous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it's really exciting. Alpha gear is pretty busted right now, and even when it was doing everything it claimed it could do, it still didn't do everything this does. The thing I am most excited about is the ability to change attribute points between builds. This was the one thing keeping me from using stamina builds on magicka characters. I needed to change those attribute points, with everything else, and couldn't. This should fix that :love:

And we can change morphs too? How cool is that?

This will open up so many new ways to play, same with all the hybriding possibilities that were mentioned.

However, I know exactly what my one complaint is, um, no testing required. No bag space for gear sets. We will need a 140-item Armory chest in our homes, or something, that links to this. Who has room for more than 2 gearsets in their bags, let alone 10?
  • Xebov
    Xebov
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the system needs some extansion.

The idea is great to switch the character between general Roles. Like one build is a Tank, one is a Mag DD etc. For this 10 Slots would be ok. The only downside is that it doesnt save the mundus which is something they should add.

What it needs in addition is an extansion for fine tuning in terms of gear that works similar to addons allowing you you to switch skills, active CP stars and Gear. This would allow you to pick a role before you go into content but fine tune it at bosses etc.