The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Nightblade still too strong in this patch

• xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Patro wrote: »
    "A NB KILLED ME, SO THEY MUST BE OP!!!111! NERF NAO PLX."

NO, ganking is at the weakest point it has ever been for nbs. Snipe got neutered to hell and nearly everyone is playing a tank now. If a nb still manages to gank you at this point its your fault, stop it with this stupid death recap salt. You only lost 200 telvar, who cares.

My advice from you is to just have your shields up at all times. I simply ignore any player who is buffing when I am on the prowl for telvar. Follow in the foot steps of literally every other player and have sword n board equipped and walk around holding block.

There shouldn't be the possibility of being killed instantly without even having time to react.

Why not? If someone wants to run around with poor defense and go glass cannon mode, then they should die instantly. Lots of "instant" deaths have lots of other factors that lead up to them. Like in your case this guy clearly farmed some npcs for ultimate and for his assassin's scourge. Then you were caught off guard with your defenses down. He puts in the effort to deal a massive melee burst like that and you put nothing into defense, then you should be dead or close to it.

You really need to try this kinda tactic out from the NB side of things to get a better idea of how it really is. I swear to you that this kind of gank rarely ever works and usually only on potatoes. Every damn decent player is running around like a pseudo tank now and you want our damage to be even lower? If we lose anymore burst we will be straight up incapable of killing anyone good. You do that combo on a good player and even if it all lands they will start blocking and get a potion off before you can finish them. From there you have already wasted your burst and cannot damage them fast enough to kill them through their block and self heals. Please try playing an "OP" gank blade in no cp no proc and then you can talk.
    I wrote a poem that I titled, "The ganker's delight."

As you lay upon the ground, cry not little pawn.
    The pain will pass as quickly as my blade did take you,
    but my delight will last and you will respawn.
    My heart simply cannot contain my joy, when I ply my trade.

The fault lies with you, your skill was lacking.
    Now your salt is mine forever, can't you hear the laughing?
    Once you were so proud and now you are reduced to this.
    A miserable, loud deuced fool.

With every tear you drip, with every excuse you let slip.
    All of your insecurities and worries bring a smile to my lip.
    From your despair I have ripped endless glories,
    but our affair is over now. Be afraid for I will return for more.

I have received many titles, to my allies I am The sniper Emperor and Grand champion hero of the Pact. However these titles mean little to me, it is the ones given to me by my victims that I prefer. To them I am "Xv1er", "trash", "no balls", "zerger", "noob", "cringe", "no skill", "camper", "100% new", "the reason this game is dying", "pathetic", "a sack of piece of [snip]", "mediocre", "absolute inbred", "beyond a virgin", "ganky dork", "fat smelly 40yr old virgin", "little girl", "daddy", "exploiting loser", and every [snipped] word known to man.
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

NO, ganking is at the weakest point it has ever been for nbs. Snipe got neutered to hell and nearly everyone is playing a tank now. If a nb still manages to gank you at this point its your fault, stop it with this stupid death recap salt. You only lost 200 telvar, who cares.

My advice from you is to just have your shields up at all times. I simply ignore any player who is buffing when I am on the prowl for telvar. Follow in the foot steps of literally every other player and have sword n board equipped and walk around holding block.

There shouldn't be the possibility of being killed instantly without even having time to react.
    If we lose anymore burst we will be straight up incapable of killing anyone good.

And you shouldn't. Unavoidable burst shouldn't go higher than 24-25k. Starting a fight with enemy barely surviving at ~5k HP is enough initiative already, especially if you time it well.
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    divnyi wrote: »

If we lose anymore burst we will be straight up incapable of killing anyone good.

And you shouldn't. Unavoidable burst shouldn't go higher than 24-25k. Starting a fight with enemy barely surviving at ~5k HP is enough initiative already, especially if you time it well.

It's not unavoidable
  • xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Its not unavoidable, quit lying. Even the old snipe gank was avoidable and survivable. Not to mention that having npcs near by to farm ult and assassin's scourge is a completely unrealistic scenario anywhere other then imperial city. That would be the only time you would have any issue seeing it coming. In a more realistic scenario the nb was already fighting you and you will know that when he cloaks he is going to try bursting you.
    I wrote a poem that I titled, "The ganker's delight."

As you lay upon the ground, cry not little pawn.
    The pain will pass as quickly as my blade did take you,
    but my delight will last and you will respawn.
    My heart simply cannot contain my joy, when I ply my trade.

The fault lies with you, your skill was lacking.
    Now your salt is mine forever, can't you hear the laughing?
    Once you were so proud and now you are reduced to this.
    A miserable, loud deuced fool.

With every tear you drip, with every excuse you let slip.
    All of your insecurities and worries bring a smile to my lip.
    From your despair I have ripped endless glories,
    but our affair is over now. Be afraid for I will return for more.

I have received many titles, to my allies I am The sniper Emperor and Grand champion hero of the Pact. However these titles mean little to me, it is the ones given to me by my victims that I prefer. To them I am "Xv1er", "trash", "no balls", "zerger", "noob", "cringe", "no skill", "camper", "100% new", "the reason this game is dying", "pathetic", "a sack of piece of [snip]", "mediocre", "absolute inbred", "beyond a virgin", "ganky dork", "fat smelly 40yr old virgin", "little girl", "daddy", "exploiting loser", and every [snipped] word known to man.
  • Raeyleigh
    Raeyleigh
    ✭✭✭
    Every damn decent player is running around like a pseudo tank now and you want our damage to be even lower? If we lose anymore burst we will be straight up incapable of killing anyone good.

Decent players build tanky exactly because damage is absurd. If you instantly die to a gank it never mattered how good you are.

The offense is not that gankers and nb in general do high damage in general but that their burst damage is much higher than that of any other class, bar harmony necro. And that creates a situation where people either instantly die or they pump up their resistances and hp by so much that they will automaticly stalemate in any other encounter.

If nb burst gets nerfed the class will be in trouble because ZoS basicly degraded stamblade into a braindead suprise attack spam bot, which is a major design flaw.
    ThePedge wrote: »
    It's not unavoidable.
    It is avoidable in theory only. Serverside desync and breakfree delays make it otherwise in practice. Before Update 25 you could always avoid the followup after a stun with no fail. Today thats not consistently possible anymore.
    And when you get ganked you dont know its coming and dont prepare. Nobody keeps his buffs, hots and block up 24/7 unless he knows or strongly suspects a ganker to be nearby.
    Edited by Raeyleigh on September 8, 2021 1:03PM
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raeyleigh wrote: »
    Every damn decent player is running around like a pseudo tank now and you want our damage to be even lower? If we lose anymore burst we will be straight up incapable of killing anyone good.

Decent players build tanky exactly because damage is absurd. If you instantly die to a gank it never mattered how good you are.

The offense is not that gankers and nb in general do high damage in general but that their burst damage is much higher than that of any other class, bar harmony necro. And that creates a situation where people either instantly die or they pump up their resistances and hp by so much that they will automaticly stalemate in any other encounter.

If nb burst gets nerfed the class will be in trouble because ZoS basicly degraded stamblade into a braindead suprise attack spam bot, which is a major design flaw.
    It's not unavoidable.
    It is avoidable in theory only. Serverside desync and breakfree delays make it otherwise in practice. Before Update 25 you could always avoid the followup after a stun with no fail. Today thats not consistently possible anymore.
    And when you get ganked you dont know its coming and dont prepare. Nobody keeps his buffs, hots and block up 24/7 unless he knows or strongly suspects a ganker to be nearby.

It is possible to avoid, trust me I main Stamblade in PvP and the exact combo in OP is blocked/dodged a lot.

Good players keep their buffs up.
  • techyeshic
    techyeshic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they had that proc ready to go, it would seem to me that you should expect something might be coming and had shields up. Speaking of which; what's your crit resist?

Basically; I'm not really concerned about a sorc who might be built for shields getting 1 shot when shields are down. That's actually balanced IMO.
  • Raeyleigh
    Raeyleigh
    ✭✭✭

It's not unavoidable.

It is possible to avoid, trust me I main Stamblade in PvP and the exact combo in OP is blocked/dodged a lot.

Good players keep their buffs up.

It is not possible to avoid it consistently since update 25. Trust me, ive seen it from both perspectives hundreds of times. Neither me or other good players are slow when it comes to breakfree or dodge/block.
    Also there is no telegraph so unless you permablock you have to guess to block it.
  • rbfrgsp
    rbfrgsp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nobody keeps his buffs, hots and block up 24/7 unless he knows or strongly suspects a ganker to be nearby.
    :o All of the best players do precisely that.

Remember that NB gankers are not NPCs. They have free will and choice. If you get ganked a lot it means you're being targeted a lot.

If you're being targeted a lot it means you are sending out signals that say "I am weak".

If you're not keeping your buffs, hots, and shields up and everyone around you is, who do you think is going to attract all of the gankers first? It's you.

Remember that anecdote: if you're chased by a bear you don't need to be faster than the bear. You just need to be faster than the slowest person in your group. Apply that mentality to group play in MMOPvP and you'll die much less often.
    Edited by rbfrgsp on September 8, 2021 1:34PM
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Everybody who downplay it and say that it's easy to dodge or hard to hit merciless: you are wrong here. You can stack merciless hitting NPCs, incap stuns and merciless hitting the stunned state 0.6s after (because of that 0.4s cast time). There is no way to dodge merciless after incap.
    Incorrect. Merciless ALSO has the 0.4s proc time on top of a travel time. You hear the Incap you roll dodge and/or break free. In many cases not even Incap hits me. This is a hard combo to land successfully. The OP sounds like a victim of a desync.
    The only counterplay is to have enough HP+armor to survive whole burst. And maybe dodge if you know NB is here, and it might not be the case in IC. You can pay attention to tiniest details around, like dead bodies of NPCs, strange behaviors, but good NB can move without disturbing anything.
    The OP claims he was "ganked" with this combo. That doesn't really fly. You go out of combat, you lose the bow proc. That means there must have been an NPC or player fight immediately preceding. Last patch I thought the really nasty ganks were Soul Tether / Proxy Det ones, because the latter was so strong even against single targets and it's true stacked burst. This is not. The OP claims to be a very experienced player. I don't buy that. He should know that this is not 0.5s burst, then, and what he describes can only be true via a desync or it took longer. From start to finish this combo takes 2.4s and you hear the Incap scream before it goes off. Better yet, if you're on PC, get Miat's. You get the "I'm being attacked" ding at the same time. That "ding" just makes me dodge roll - not via the addon, but due to ingrained habit. You avoid 95% of nightblade attacks that way. Radiant Magelight is also a good idea. Juggernaut set can be decent gank protection. Being buffed, obviously. A player without at least an armor buff or a sorc without a shield is a dead player and that's how it should be.

The platform isn't mentioned. If this was console then it might still have been last patch. Just wait for this one. NB gank potential already feels nerfed again.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [snip]

You can't avoid getting damaged in second GCD after GCD with stun, because stun break animation is eating 1s. In CP you might get better results with automatic break star, but definitely not in noCP. This is the reason why I kill people with a dead-stupid double surprise attack without any fail.

Incap into Relentless is no different, once you build that into your muscle memory and stay at point-blank range.

[edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on September 8, 2021 2:08PM
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rbfrgsp wrote: »
    Well done posting on public that you actually got hit by an assassins scourge. :D

Assassin's Scourge or not it's insane to do 26k damage without proc sets.

I think it's insane that you are implying it would be ok to do 26K damage with proc sets.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nobody keeps his buffs, hots and block up 24/7 unless he knows or strongly suspects a ganker to be nearby.
    You really said this? No wonder you die or, if not, how? Can't keep block up obviously, but buffs and longer than 5s HOTs, yes, 100%. I suppose if I am being truthful, it depends on how much in movement I am. You can't maintain buffs on a mount, for example. Standing on a flag on the other hand, yes, everything including blocking.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can't avoid getting damaged in second GCD after GCD with stun, because stun break animation is eating 1s.
    And that is why ZOS added the 0.4s delay to Assassin's Will / Scourge also. Nightblades have been pretty screwed on the timing front, whereas a DK gets to leap and execute in 0.6s alright. Now THAT is unavoidable (if you get stunned by the leap). Nightblade burst is different.
    In CP you might get better results with automatic break star, but definitely not in noCP.
    I like that CP star to help with lag and sustain and for the automatic Zoal counter-stun, but I'll break free just as fast without it in the great majority of cases. Incidentally Slippery + Zoal will neutralise most melee nightblades attacking you, since drinking Immovability potions before a gank isn't all that popular / viable anymore.
  • Raeyleigh
    Raeyleigh
    ✭✭✭
    fred4 wrote: »
    You really said this? No wonder you die or, if not, how? Can't keep block up obviously, but buffs and longer than 5s HOTs, yes, 100%. I suppose if I am being truthful, it depends on how much in movement I am. You can't maintain buffs on a mount, for example. Standing on a flag on the other hand, yes, everything including blocking.

I know how this looks like from the ganker perspective. If people permablock i just wait until they dont anymore because they wanna move.
    If im feeling tenacious i count down peoples buff and hot timers by using my own and if they dont refresh prematurely i instagib them the second they run out.

When you run around you sure feel like you keep everything up 100% of time. But from the ganker perspective i can tell you i have never seen a single player that doesnt eventually let something drop of.
    Not that it matters. In the ic event the best kill i got was on a 41k hp warden with armor buff and vines up. He reacted as fast as mechanicly possible, yet i instakilled him from stealth with no counterplay. Praise balorgh and acuity.
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And that is why ZOS added the 0.4s delay to Assassin's Will / Scourge also.

Contrary to popular belief, 0.4s helps you to connect the attack on next GCD, not making it harder. It's because you have 0.4s channel and 0.6s to next GCD, instead of full 1s second to next GCD.

What it hampers is non-gank usage, harder to incap people in the face without getting dodged.
    Incidentally Slippery + Zoal will neutralise most melee nightblades attacking you

It's an anti-NB set. Works as intended for me.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I know how this looks like from the ganker perspective. If people permablock i just wait until they dont anymore because they wanna move.
    If im feeling tenacious i count down peoples buff and hot timers by using my own and if they dont refresh prematurely i instagib them the second they run out.

When you run around you sure feel like you keep everything up 100% of time. But from the ganker perspective i can tell you i have never seen a single player that doesnt eventually let something drop of.
    Not that it matters. In the ic event the best kill i got was on a 41k hp warden with armor buff and vines up. He reacted as fast as mechanicly possible, yet i instakilled him from stealth with no counterplay. Praise balorgh and acuity.
    Well. Couple of questions there. Are you on console? Cause the Waking Flame changes have been a clear nerf to nightblades.

Next question: Do you like playing your ganker? Cause extreme one shot builds are / have been a thing. I myself was very annoyed with one shot stamsorcs months ago, but the trend seems to have abated on it's own. A friend did it for a while. It was pure ganking. Sitting in ambush. Fretting over being discovered early and being obliterated quite often. I've never actually done that. I gank people, but I play very high movement and high sustain builds, meaning my damage is substantially nerfed. If I don't have those things, movement and sustain, I'm not happy. I like the acrobatics of jumping off a bridge in IC, chasing people, going with the flow, staying in the fight and ... escaping. I think most people prefer a more rounded character to play every day. The impression I have of a pure ganker, such as yours, is that they stake out a location, they maybe fight NPCs systematically for ultimate, they're probably super squishy and low sustain, they're holding out for specific opportunities to shine.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Contrary to popular belief, 0.4s helps you to connect the attack on next GCD, not making it harder. It's because you have 0.4s channel and 0.6s to next GCD, instead of full 1s second to next GCD.
    I agree. However we are looking at a specific combo here: Incap -> Assassin's Scourge. Those skills BOTH have the delay. I agree that something like Incap -> Execute, Incap -> Suprise Attack or Assassin's Scourge -> Surprise Attack gives you a timing advantage. Just not the combo mentioned by the OP.
    Incidentally Slippery + Zoal will neutralise most melee nightblades attacking you
    It's an anti-NB set. Works as intended for me.
    Well good, then that's simply another recommendation for the OP.
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The impression I have of a pure ganker, such as yours, is that they stake out a location, they maybe fight NPCs systematically for ultimate, they're probably super squishy and low sustain, they're holding out for specific opportunities to shine.

Yup, that's how you gank. You don't roll head-on to the first enemy you see, you patiently observe the whole scenery, check their numbers, HP, wait for them to start fighting something that can damage them, drop defences, be less active. Then when you start ganking, you plan escape route before you go.

Obviously this gameplay doesn't work well in BGs or organized group play (with the exception for ganker groups, but those generally don't play at the same slow pace).
  • rbfrgsp
    rbfrgsp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bow proc resets to 0/5 as soon as you leave combat (and, frequently, during....) It is not viable to charge it in advance off NPCs. If you kill them your proc resets; if you kite them then you blow your stealth for the gank.

Added to the established fact that bow proc has an audio tell with plenty of opportunity to react, there is more than enough going into the setup to demand 20k damage. In fact, if you assume that bow proc hits at most 1/5 times (probably more like 1/10), then that works out as 4k damage per attempt. If anything, it should get a substantial buff.

Substantial buff.
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree. However we are looking at a specific combo here: Incap -> Assassin's Scourge. Those skills BOTH have the delay.

Wait, since when Relentless have cast time? Any proof on that?
  • ganj1234
    ganj1234
    ✭✭✭

if anyone is running a build that one shots you before you can react, they're insanely squishy and will die instantly. High stakes high reward. NB is built for this, so do what you can to deal with it; run revealing flare / magelight, be on your guard, stay buffed. Be more upset about the garbage proc sets, rather than someone playing their class exceptionally well.
    @x.Elle_x - PC/NA DC magblade sweat and fashion extraordinaire✿ Guild: Black Fire
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You don't roll head-on to the first enemy you see.
    Hehehe, but that's what I do :). How boring is "real" ganking then? I'm basically so fast that I can usually extricate myself without Shadow Image. I may also run after people in cloak while I wind up a dual-wield heavy attack to hit them with Thunder Caller, Caluurion, Soul Harvest and Concealed while they're running. Don't scoff. You know how much I hit a templar with that the other day, in the current patch? 2.5K per proc. He was the extreme case. No idea what he was wearing. Ironblood maybe. I tend to hit other tanky characters for more like 4K each, but I'm having fun.
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hehehe, but that's what I do :). How boring is "real" ganking then?

Lets say it's very different type of gameplay. It's about slow planning and lightning fast, precise execution (expecially when we discuss frenzy gankers). Btw frenzy gank is fun, sometimes you die to some random pet zap.

Even though I like this type of gameplay, I don't want it to be meta. It is one of the strongest reasons why people go above 30k and cling to any broken set that allows them to kill players while they invested so much of their build into tankiness.

Healthy gameplay has "fighter" role, with 25-28k, good armor and damage, minmaxed in every direction. And we had it just an update ago. Got ruined so hard with new sets (both PvP and dungeon).
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I agree. However we are looking at a specific combo here: Incap -> Assassin's Scourge. Those skills BOTH have the delay.

Wait, since when Relentless have cast time? Any proof on that?
    This goes back many patches. Nightblades complained bitterly at the time that Mass Hysteria + Assassin's Will / Scourge was becoming a useless combo, because opponents could now break the fear and dodge the bow proc. If you use Merciless in PvE you'll also find (today) that the timing of light attacks around that skill is screwed up. It takes a slight bit longer to weave than other skills.
  • MalakithAlamahdi
    MalakithAlamahdi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't say NB's damage is an issue, I rarely get burst down without being able to counteract.

I have a lot bigger issue with their ability to cloak away whenever they fail to just reset the engagement, counters still don't work properly. I've had them cloak through pods and flare plenty of times over the last week. It just makes for a boring and frustrating experience. It should've had the streak/ dodge treatment years ago.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't say NB's damage is an issue, I rarely get burst down without being able to counteract.

I have a lot bigger issue with their ability to cloak away whenever they fail to just reset the engagement, counters still don't work properly. I've had them cloak through pods and flare plenty of times over the last week. It just makes for a boring and frustrating experience. It should've had the streak/ dodge treatment years ago.
    Yawn. This argument has been made so many times by players who never worked at countering nightblades. I ran into one such player yesterday. He was spamming Revealing Flares. Well, that alone didn't kill me. He was quite tanky and his actions were slow and defensive. I am not saying that's you, but it does take a knack to pressure a nightblade. However there are players who have figured it out and who are extremely dangerous to nightblades. I may be a special case, because I don't use Shadow Image, but looky here. You don't mention Shadow Image. You mention Cloak. Well, that's just typical.

Players who counter me: It could be the mag DK with Revealing Flare, Fossilize, Talons and then just Leap and Whip. It's all sorcs. Less so, these days, but a detection potion plus Streak is nasty. Overload spam can kill me in open terrain, because I actually have next to no defense when Cloak does not work. It's not restricted to those classes, though. Sentry is a good set. It's stats aren't bad. Thank god so few people wear it then, but let's say you're a stamplar with that set? Deadly. The thing with you and anyone who makes this argument is, they have not learnt or bothered to learn how to go after nightblades.

Nightblades are annoying? Frustrating? That's what they're supposed to be. Do they ... kill you though? Most people don't invest in the know how, nor the skills nor gear to actively hunt nigtblades. Fair enough and thank god. You think Cloak hard counters you? It's simply a very brittle skill (like shields). Once you counter Cloak it's lights out for the nightblade (though Shadow Image is harder to counter, but also harder to use). If it's a bad nightblade, simple DK Breath spam is enough. Bombard from the bow skill line can be an absolute nightmare for someone like me, cause I wear Wild Hunt, not Snow Treaders. That bow skill can be boosted so hard ... I don't know exactly what the setup is, but Bombard (or Acid Spray?) spam can do a ton of damage and counter a non-Shadow Image nightblade, like me, very well.
    Edited by fred4 on September 8, 2021 3:58PM
  • Patro
    Patro
    ✭✭✭
    rbfrgsp wrote: »
    :o All of the best players do precisely that.

Remember that NB gankers are not NPCs. They have free will and choice. If you get ganked a lot it means you're being targeted a lot.

If you're being targeted a lot it means you are sending out signals that say "I am weak".

If you're not keeping your buffs, hots, and shields up and everyone around you is, who do you think is going to attract all of the gankers first? It's you.

Remember that anecdote: if you're chased by a bear you don't need to be faster than the bear. You just need to be faster than the slowest person in your group. Apply that mentality to group play in MMOPvP and you'll die much less often.

I obviously had major resolve active. There is no magicka sorcerer who can afford to have shields always up.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There is no magicka sorcerer who can afford to have shields always up.
    This is why you failed. Phew. That was easy. I agree that shield-stacking is too expensive. However 1 shield should always be up 100% or near 100% of the time. The good sorcs I see in IC have a shield up without fail.

OK. That was a bit flippant. Like I said before. If you are in motion, if you spend magicka on Streak, maybe you can let your shield drop here and there. Targets in motion are more difficult to attack for a melee nightblade. However if you stand still for more than two seconds and your shields are down, you deserve to be punished. And you will be unless I determine you are questing or fishing, in which case I may leave you alone. Not that my NB in particular would be that much of a threat (see above).

I unfortunately don't play magsorc and have no first hand experience. I've played it occasionally and know that permanent shield-stacking is out for cost reasons. The closest thing is my magden, but even in light armor I think that's a different kettle of fish. Magden has a big buff rotation with Living Trellis, the heal from being attacked, being one of them. I can't keep my shield up (and I am a 50K mag shielding build), because I have so much other stuff to do on that class. My other mode of defense is to run the Bull Netch instead of the Betty, so I get stamina sustain while blocking or sprinting and I have stamina for dodge rolls.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It should be a requirement when you ask for a class nerf to at least give your own class and build.