The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Nightblade still too strong in this patch

Patro
Patro
✭✭✭
Hi! This is what just happened to me in Imperial City. I was playing with my magicka sorcerer with 21k physical resistance, minor protection and in addition of course to the damage reductions by CP. Nightblade needs more nerf!

IC.png

• Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Or you could just block since they are both easily avoidable skills. Raising your resistance would also help, but nothing in the recap suggests a nerf especially when there are proc sets doing twice the damage.
  • rbfrgsp
    rbfrgsp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well done posting on public that you actually got hit by an assassins scourge. :D
  • Patro
    Patro
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was obvious that I was ganked.
  • Patro
    Patro
    ✭✭✭
    rbfrgsp wrote: »
    Well done posting on public that you actually got hit by an assassins scourge. :D

Assassin's Scourge or not it's insane to do 26k damage without proc sets.
  • Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    After carefully inspecting your death recap I have come to the conclusion that heavy attacks need to be buffed!
  • rbfrgsp
    rbfrgsp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Patro wrote: »

Tip: play with headphones and don't listen to music while in PvP. Both incap and bow proc have massive audio tells that give you an easy 0.5 seconds window to dodge roll for each. You should never need to eat both these hits unless you're completely out of stamina already.
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

That’s the way it should be, if you build for damage then you should do a lot of damage especially against squishy targets. On the flip side if you don’t build for damage and just use proc sets then you shouldn’t do a lot of damage.
  • Patro
    Patro
    ✭✭✭
    I play pvp since beta and i know every aspect of this game. You can trust me if I tell you that in that half second I was already dead and I was doing the screen at the death recap.
    Edited by Patro on September 8, 2021 7:21AM
  • Jackey
    Jackey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play pvp since beta and i know every aspect of this game. You can trust me if I tell you that in that half second I was already dead and I was doing the screen at the death recap.

Well, then it was just a desync. It happens a lot with gankblades.
    There's no counter when every ability hit you at once. If the game worked properly you'd be able to block or dodge in time.
    PS | EU
  • moo_2021
    moo_2021
    ✭✭✭✭
    I thought it was obvious that I was ganked.

If they nerf nb for IC, nb would become weaker in bg.

nb needs to time burst like that and gank is irrelevant in bg since objective requires everyone to join certain fights or holds ground somewhere.

When they can't pick fight they're no better than other classes.
  • Raeyleigh
    Raeyleigh
    ✭✭✭
    On my nightblade ganker i can oneshot someone from stealth with no time for counterplay from up to 40k hp. An assasins scourge isnt even needed. How? Balorgh and Actuity. Both deserving a fat nerf.
    But ive seen even regular stamblades hitting a 13k incap into a 17k bow that cant be avoided because of breakfree delays and server desyncs.

Fair and balanced as all things should be.
  • Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Incap and merciless both are on the global right? There's no way you can get hit with both at the same time unless the game bugs out.

Not saying nightblades aren't OP, you see tons of them everywhere for a reason
  • rbfrgsp
    rbfrgsp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raeyleigh wrote: »
    On my nightblade ganker i can oneshot someone from stealth with no time for counterplay from up to 40k hp. An assasins scourge isnt even needed. How? Balorgh and Actuity. Both deserving a fat nerf.
    But ive seen even regular stamblades hitting a 13k incap into a 17k bow that cant be avoided because of breakfree delays and server desyncs.

Fair and balanced as all things should be.

You're probably also a vampire..it's vampire that needs the nerf.

I have appalling internet and run 23k health. Yet I am able to dodge roll out of every NB combo pretty reliably. They might get me in a follow up, but there is always time to evade at least part of the initial burst. It's just about honing your twitch reflexes.
  • rbfrgsp
    rbfrgsp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stx wrote: »
    Incap and merciless both are on the global right? There's no way you can get hit with both at the same time unless the game bugs out.

The spectral bow has a travel time so, if he shot it before the burst combo, he could hit it all at once. More likely that OP ate an incap, got stunned, and failed to break free in time to avoid the bow proc though.
  • Raeyleigh
    Raeyleigh
    ✭✭✭
    You're probably also a vampire..it's vampire that needs the nerf.

I have appalling internet and run 23k health. Yet I am able to dodge roll out of every NB combo pretty reliably. They might get me in a follow up, but there is always time to evade at least part of the initial burst. It's just about honing your twitch reflexes.

That extra 300 damage doesnt amount to that much. Perhaps 38k hp tops without it? Still far too high to be reasonable.

The internet connection might work in your favour. I actually despise extended duells against nightbaldes, it feels like im just waiting for that desynced incap into bow crit for 30k hp. And i have a rather good connection.
    It all started with update 25 when they moved calculations server side. Before that i never got hit by a followup after a stun ever. Now its the norm. It feels like im playing more against the server than the nightblade players.
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tank up and see if you still think NBs are OP?

Just commenting generally and not on this patch, or last, with equivalent skills/experience and equivalent thought/investment into equipment: Tanks should beat Ganks. Ganks should beat Balanced Builds. Balanced Builds should beat Tanks.

That's how I see it anyhow. This is why I disagreed with the suggestions that giving Heavy Armor a Maim was the best long-term solution to the Malacath Meta. A healthy ecosystem is best for everyone, in the long haul, in my opinion.
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1.3K heavy attack, 11K Incap, 15K bow proc (it actually hit someone lol)... so um... around 27,3K health ? Well... there is your problem right there... anything lower than 30K HP is basically like asking for a gank, as your opponent sees your health bar and knows that most likely you are not wearing heavy and you have a good offensive capitalises, but defensively - you are squishy and therefore - a perfect target. Any other class would probably also won. Maybe it would not be a gank, but I assume fight would be quick too...
  • Olen_Mikko
    Olen_Mikko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a NB myself, i envy everyone who can actually fire the spectral bow.

In pvp, mine resets every. Single. [snip] time if i disengace from combat. Or kill a guard and lose the aggro, even though i'd still be in combat.

Not having the same issue in pve. It stays loaded even if timer runs out

[edited for filter bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on September 8, 2021 12:17PM
    NB enthusiastic:
    1. Woodhippie stamblade - DW hard-hitter / PvE
    2. Know-it-all elf Magblade - Healer / PvE & PvP
    3. Hate-them-all elf Magblade - Destrostaff AoE monster / PvE
    4. Cyrodiil-Refugee stamblade - Stamina Tank / PvE

Go dominion or go home

Nightblade-Hipster. I played Nightblade before it was cool - from 1.5 onwards.
  • Amerises
    Amerises
    ✭✭✭✭
    Couple tips, but could be more if we knew more about your build:

1. Stay buffed. If you are not running around and casting your buffs every 10 to 25 seconds (depending on buff), you're doing it wrong.

2. Be ready. As others have said, know that can happen, so keep your finger on a strong heal, shield, or block/roll dodge.

3. Stats. Again, others have said your HP and resistances are low. If you choose to run around with low stats like that, you must (hopefully) be hitting others pretty hard, too. I don't think your set up needs a nerf, it's a balance, you make sacrifices on one end, for another (sustain, health, WD/SD, mag/stam, resistances, procs, etc).
  • xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "A NB KILLED ME, SO THEY MUST BE OP!!!111! NERF NAO PLX."

NO, ganking is at the weakest point it has ever been for nbs. Snipe got neutered to hell and nearly everyone is playing a tank now. If a nb still manages to gank you at this point its your fault[snip]. You only lost 200 telvar, who cares.

My advice from you is to just have your shields up at all times. I simply ignore any player who is buffing when I am on the prowl for telvar. Follow in the foot steps of literally every other player and have sword n board equipped and walk around holding block.

[edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on September 11, 2021 10:23AM
    I wrote a poem that I titled, "The ganker's delight."

As you lay upon the ground, cry not little pawn.
    The pain will pass as quickly as my blade did take you,
    but my delight will last and you will respawn.
    My heart simply cannot contain my joy, when I ply my trade.

The fault lies with you, your skill was lacking.
    Now your salt is mine forever, can't you hear the laughing?
    Once you were so proud and now you are reduced to this.
    A miserable, loud deuced fool.

With every tear you drip, with every excuse you let slip.
    All of your insecurities and worries bring a smile to my lip.
    From your despair I have ripped endless glories,
    but our affair is over now. Be afraid for I will return for more.

I have received many titles, to my allies I am The sniper Emperor and Grand champion hero of the Pact. However these titles mean little to me, it is the ones given to me by my victims that I prefer. To them I am "Xv1er", "trash", "no balls", "zerger", "noob", "cringe", "no skill", "camper", "100% new", "the reason this game is dying", "pathetic", "a sack of piece of [snip]", "mediocre", "absolute inbred", "beyond a virgin", "ganky dork", "fat smelly 40yr old virgin", "little girl", "daddy", "exploiting loser", and every [snipped] word known to man.
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Slot radiant magelight. You'll never get stunned or die from a gank again
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • Patro
    Patro
    ✭✭✭
    "A NB KILLED ME, SO THEY MUST BE OP!!!111! NERF NAO PLX."

NO, ganking is at the weakest point it has ever been for nbs. Snipe got neutered to hell and nearly everyone is playing a tank now. If a nb still manages to gank you at this point its your fault[snip]. You only lost 200 telvar, who cares.

My advice from you is to just have your shields up at all times. I simply ignore any player who is buffing when I am on the prowl for telvar. Follow in the foot steps of literally every other player and have sword n board equipped and walk around holding block.

There shouldn't be the possibility of being killed instantly without even having time to react.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on September 11, 2021 10:24AM
  • rbfrgsp
    rbfrgsp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a time to react. Use audio cues and block, dodge roll, evade. As I said above: I run 23k health and nine times out of ten gankers fail to wipe me with their kill burst.
  • WaywardArgonian
    WaywardArgonian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a time to react. Use audio cues and block, dodge roll, evade. As I said above: I run 23k health and nine times out of ten gankers fail to wipe me with their kill burst.

This.

And if you really need a panic button, Precognition is available to every class.
    PC/EU altaholic | Smallscale & ballgroup healer | Former Empanada of Ravenwatch | @ degonyte in-game | Nibani Ilath-Pal (AD Nightblade) - AvA rank 50 | Jehanne Teymour (AD Sorcerer) - AvA rank 50 | Niria Ilath-Pal (AD Templar) - AvA rank 50
  • Pauwer
    Pauwer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, that is how you die to an nb if you don't know what to do. [snip]Like others say, both these skills you can hear coming and you can avoid them. You have too low health anyway to live in pvp.

[edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on September 11, 2021 10:25AM
  • Patro
    Patro
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe I have difficulty in making you understand that what you see in my death recap happened in a split second.
  • ResidentContrarian
    ResidentContrarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm... A post claiming cloak is extinct by one player, then this post showing a build gank him with crit damage stacking and stat scaling that is only available by using cloak.

Is this proof the average claim of the two is the real case?

EDIT:
    Maybe I have difficulty in making you understand that what you see in my death recap happened in a split second.

IC is a ganker's paradise. What you have to do is either have stealth detection at all times, pay attention to surroundings, or spam AoE as part of your rotation.

Personally, I have fought so many NBs I have a sixth sense when it comes to them and they stay away from me because they already know the result. Well, when they don't they claim it's impossible to have known.

When you think "this is a good time to be ganked or something" it likely is. In fact, NB behavior is so easy to predict that I watched my brother in a BGs and told him exactly when the NBs would appear and exactly what they would do.

Quite easy to handle anyone once you start reading their nature and get into their mindset...
    Edited by ResidentContrarian on September 8, 2021 11:19AM
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It can't.

You can hear the incap 0.5s before it hits you, then the games Global Cooldown, then the travel time on the bow proc.

You can only get ganked while afk.
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To OP: Those numbers are most likely come from vamp frenzy. And that's not top tier burst even, you can go new set that procs off heavy and caluurions. But that's very hard to pull off because it's melee gank - players rarely stay in one place and it's very hard to hit the moving target, and you are also living on tiny fraction of hitpoints because of frenzy.

Everybody who downplay it and say that it's easy to dodge or hard to hit merciless: you are wrong here. You can stack merciless hitting NPCs, incap stuns and merciless hitting the stunned state 0.6s after (because of that 0.4s cast time). There is no way to dodge merciless after incap.

The only counterplay is to have enough HP+armor to survive whole burst. And maybe dodge if you know NB is here, and it might not be the case in IC. You can pay attention to tiniest details around, like dead bodies of NPCs, strange behaviors, but good NB can move without disturbing anything.

Human reaction time is approx 0.3s, incap is 0.4s. You must be very well prepared to dodge that on reaction, and any lag will remove the dodge counterplay.
  • Sun7dance
    Sun7dance
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    divnyi wrote: »
    [...]

Everybody who downplay it and say that it's easy to dodge or hard to hit merciless: you are wrong here. You can stack merciless hitting NPCs, incap stuns and merciless hitting the stunned state 0.6s after (because of that 0.4s cast time). There is no way to dodge merciless after incap.

[...]

This is not the reality, sorry!
    Most of your decent opponents you hit with incap break free and dodge before you can hit them again with the spectral bow.

Yes, all typical skills do a lot of damage on their own, but you don't get them on your opponent at the same time (except of performance).
    That's the big difference in contrast to warden, nekro and Dk with all the Dots.

With the current patch the gank meta will probably return, coz of sets like Hrothgar that exactly fill this gap!
    PS5|EU