The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Players are figuring out how to avoid Dark Convergence

• Baphomet
    Baphomet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In laggy conditions convergence will sometimes stun you and apply all the damage before it even starts to drag you to the center.

And there's nothing you can do about it - your character becomes completely catatonic for 1-2 seconds and other enemies can hit you during this period.

So yeah, it is broken and powerful and from what I can tell ball-groups benefit more from it than solo players because they can steamroll everybody more effectively now than they ever could before.
    - The Psijic Order
    - TKO
    - Dominant Dominion
    - The Noore
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SkaraMinoc wrote: »
    Fhritz wrote: »
    It's... Normal, i guess ? I don't understand what you want to say tbh

I'm saying it was very strong for about 24 hours. Now players know how it works.

It's mostly a dead set for BGs. Maybe for Cyrodiil it will work.

So you are saying a Zerg Busting set is dead in a 4v4v4 Battlegrounds scenario? Inconceivable...
    Edited by Idinuse on September 3, 2021 12:14PM
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Idinuse wrote: »
    Fhritz wrote: »
    It's... Normal, i guess ? I don't understand what you want to say tbh

I'm saying it was very strong for about 24 hours. Now players know how it works.

It's mostly a dead set for BGs. Maybe for Cyrodiil it will work.

So you are saying a Zerg Busting set is dead in a 4v4v4 Battlegrounds scenario? Inconceivable...

It is very far from dead, because apart from damage, it is delayed stun&pull that allows to dump AoE on multiple characters at once.

And the fact that it's also huge damage creates ZONING effect (zones that you need to avoid). It's even stronger effect if you weren't pulled initially - because second pull guarantees damage while you are still in stun.

Successful escape from the center eats resources and gives up initiative - you have to spend approx 3-4s defensively. Defensive play costs more than offensive play, and this is often the reason to lose a fight.
  • Magio_
    Magio_
    ✭✭✭✭
    Baphomet wrote: »
    ball-groups benefit more from it than solo players because they can steamroll everybody more effectively now than they ever could before.

Why do I keep seeing zerglings complaining that Dark Convergence is being used more effectively by organized groups? That's literally what it was designed for...
  • HumbleThaumaturge
    HumbleThaumaturge
    ✭✭✭✭
    And now gangs of "Twinks" in the under-level-50 Cyrodiil campaign (those who play this campaign every week of the year) are running in Dark-Convergence zergs (gold-quality gear, of course).
  • NoxiousBlight
    NoxiousBlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RevJJ wrote: »
    Played ~10 battlegrounds and most players dodge roll / streak out of Dark Convergence now.

Sometimes it does well when defending but players are catching on.

I've shelved Dark Convergence. Hrothgar still good for Chaosball tanks.

The Secret is to run this "Zerg Busting Set" as part of a Zerg also using this set, that way all the ground is LAVA because.... ZOS Logic

^This. The problem is not when one player uses it, the problem is when a zerg/ballgroup has multiple players using it because there's nowhere to roll out to. So instead of being zerg-busting, this has just become another tool for zergs and ballgroups. What a surprise.

Yup. Dark Convergence is the worst set to ever enter ESO PvP.

I have whiplash in Cyro now from getting pulled all over the place. It was supposed to bust ball groups but instead just made them able to face roll solos and PUGs.

Had to log off today after only 45 minutes because I didn't get a single fight without multiple people spamming this set. The heart of the matter is this set just isn't fun. This one set has completely ruined the PvP experience for me. All it does is jerk you around for the entire fight. I want to fight other players, not roll out of DC every 7 seconds.

Not to mention people spamming it on keep walls just to annoy you with 1000 cuts, or even worse, spamming it UP the keep walls to pull people down. This patch is a mess and is probably the first PvP meta that I am going to tap out from.

Edited by NoxiousBlight on September 3, 2021 6:01PM
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not to mention people spamming it on keep walls just to annoy you with 1000 cuts, or even worse, spamming it UP to the keep walls to pull people down. This patch is a mess and is probably the first PvP meta that I am going to tap out from.

I did that the other day and got quite a handful down to face me. It felt awesome from my point of view like the old days of magDK's being able to chain people off walls, but.... I didn't have line of sight to the people I pulled, and even worse is those people just got fed to a hungry zerg waiting for them down below. I imagine their enjoyment hit rock bottom when I did that, and if they don't laugh it off they were probably very bitter afterwards. :#
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • NoxiousBlight
    NoxiousBlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vevvev wrote: »
    Not to mention people spamming it on keep walls just to annoy you with 1000 cuts, or even worse, spamming it UP to the keep walls to pull people down. This patch is a mess and is probably the first PvP meta that I am going to tap out from.

I did that the other day and got quite a handful down to face me. It felt awesome from my point of view like the old days of magDK's being able to chain people off walls, but.... I didn't have line of sight to the people I pulled, and even worse is those people just got fed to a hungry zerg waiting for them down below. I imagine their enjoyment hit rock bottom when I did that, and if they don't laugh it off they were probably very bitter afterwards. :#

Yeah. I mean my test case for PvP every patch is simple: "is it fun?" And I have always been able to answer yes. Even with proc metas and all the insanity we have been through the last few years, you can always try something new or work around it. I've always had fun.

But for the first time today I finally had to answer "no." As long as Dark Convergence is in the game in its current state, PvP is no longer fun for me. And that makes me incredibly sad.

Getting pulled off a wall once is "haha wow." And if you got pulled off for doing something dumb you can learn from it and move on. But not being able to stand on walls anymore to defend a keep because Dark Convergence sucks you off the wall when you can't even see where the set proc'd is a new level of frustration. All I do in Cryo since this patch dropped is play "dodge the dark convergence."

Edited by NoxiousBlight on September 4, 2021 12:12AM
  • Azrael001
    Azrael001
    ✭✭✭
    Played ~10 battlegrounds and most players dodge roll / streak out of Dark Convergence now.

Streaking out of dark convergence pulls me straight back in, and so does roll dodging. How are y'all escaping dark convergence especially when it's proccing for 10-15k normally but up to 25k in bgs? I have yet to play a match where I see a single person escape it. To be fair, I quit bg's after 2-3 matches against dark convergence premades.
  • Azrael001
    Azrael001
    ✭✭✭

The Secret is to run this "Zerg Busting Set" as part of a Zerg also using this set, that way all the ground is LAVA because.... ZOS Logic

^This. The problem is not when one player uses it, the problem is when a zerg/ballgroup has multiple players using it because there's nowhere to roll out to. So instead of being zerg-busting, this has just become another tool for zergs and ballgroups. What a surprise.

Yup. Dark Convergence is the worst set to ever enter ESO PvP.

I have whiplash in Cyro now from getting pulled all over the place. It was supposed to bust ball groups but instead just made them able to face roll solos and PUGs.

Had to log off today after only 45 minutes because I didn't get a single fight without multiple people spamming this set. The heart of the matter is this set just isn't fun. This one set has completely ruined the PvP experience for me. All it does is jerk you around for the entire fight. I want to fight other players, not roll out of DC every 7 seconds.

Not to mention people spamming it on keep walls just to annoy you with 1000 cuts, or even worse, spamming it UP the keep walls to pull people down. This patch is a mess and is probably the first PvP meta that I am going to tap out from.

Come to no-CP, it's a "no-proc" paradise now. A lot of procs still work that shouldn't, but the new sets don't which is a life saver. And neither does earthgore, which makes no-skill players soooo squishy now.

I won't do bg's anymore until dark convergence's area and/or damage is significantly nerfed, and definitely won't be stepping for in a CP server.
  • Vizirith
    Vizirith
    ✭✭✭✭
    Been pulled from 20+ meters away by it, pretty hard to dodge when there's no radius.
  • NoxiousBlight
    NoxiousBlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Come to no-CP, it's a "no-proc" paradise now. A lot of procs still work that shouldn't, but the new sets don't which is a life saver. And neither does earthgore, which makes no-skill players soooo squishy now.

I won't do bg's anymore until dark convergence's area and/or damage is significantly nerfed, and definitely won't be stepping for in a CP server.

I would but right now, on a Friday night, Ravenwatch is 1 bar. It is a ghost town. That is not fun either.
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Azrael001 wrote: »

I was in no cp IC just now and that set was proccing all over. And it was stunning and CCin me while I was on an immpobilse pot and blocking. Roll dodging does nothing you get pulled right back. This is from the memorial spawn point looking down. There were several blue sorcs spamming it.
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • Azrael001
    Azrael001
    ✭✭✭

I would but right now, on a Friday night, Ravenwatch is 1 bar. It is a ghost town. That is not fun either.

Go to no-CP IC. Or Raven rn is fairly busy if you're AD or EP
    blktauna wrote: »

I was in no cp IC just now and that set was proccing all over. And it was stunning and CCin me while I was on an immpobilse pot and blocking. Roll dodging does nothing you get pulled right back. This is from the memorial spawn point looking down. There were several blue sorcs spamming it.

Definitely not no-CP IC then. I've been running there all event and haven't seen it once. Even got 400k telvar so far.
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Streaking out of dark convergence pulls me straight back in, and so does roll dodging. How are y'all escaping dark convergence especially when it's proccing for 10-15k normally but up to 25k in bgs? I have yet to play a match where I see a single person escape it. To be fair, I quit bg's after 2-3 matches against dark convergence premades.

Depends on when did you get pulled. Was that first wave pull, when it just appears? Don't waste CC-break, stun is only 1s, wait for it to finish and roll dodge out. Explosion is in 2-3s, have plenty of time to run from both circles.

But if you were pulled on second pull, you will explode in both. You can only heal through if you are lucky.
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    blktauna wrote: »

Definitely not no-CP IC then. I've been running there all event and haven't seen it once. Even got 400k telvar so far.

Sorry friend it was noCP hence my shock. I didnt even know what it was and had to ask.
    Edited by blktauna on September 5, 2021 3:44PM
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • Ryath_Waylander
    Ryath_Waylander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sluggy wrote: »
    It's also pretty good for a ballgroups taking a keep with outnumbered defenders. The best part is when they don't stun you and instead just chain convergences. You basically feel like someone tied horses to your characters limbs and flicked the whip. Dodge and snare-remove all you want at that point. You're going for a ride!

Oh gods yes. This has been my experience the whole week. It's exhausting. Oils are so yesterday :D
  • MihailioG
    MihailioG
    Soul Shriven
    When you see it,block and you cant be pulled inside,in case u get pulled brake free roll dodge and block. Cheers.
  • Greasytengu
    Greasytengu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MihailioG wrote: »
    When you see it,block and you cant be pulled inside,in case u get pulled brake free roll dodge and block. Cheers.

the biggest issue is Dark Convergence+lag.

With lag even if you move, dodgeroll, or block as soon as you see the red circle under you, often times you still get pulled because the server seems to think you are still within pull distance.

After getting pulled it often takes too long for the server to register the breakfree or dodgeroll and you just end up standing there unable to take any action while you explode.

There have been time where I have been pulled, successfully got out of the AOE then got pulled back in after getting well out of its radius.

Without lag, Dark convergence would be almost trivially easy to evade and would be closer to Vicious Death in terms of overpowered-ness (IE: overpowered, but only if you fail to take evasive or preventive measures), but with lag it is pure cancer, and since its either use it or die, everyone is using it.
    " I nEeD HeAlInG!!! "
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MihailioG wrote: »

Without lag, Dark convergence would be almost trivially easy to evade and would be closer to Vicious Death in terms of overpowered-ness (IE: overpowered, but only if you fail to take evasive or preventive measures), but with lag it is pure cancer, and since its either use it or die, everyone is using it.

There is no lag in BGs but Dank Convergence is still OP.

1. It sometimes allows to stun people inside with some other stun while being pulled - despite pull shoul've put you in stun immunity state. So it requires both break and roll in such a case.
    2. If it's not the beginning of the combat, convergence can be put at the end of your stun immunity and you'll be pulled with the second pull, just before the explosion.
    3. Harmony necros killing whole group in initial burst.
    4. Pull range is insane. No pull ability in the game has also 1s stun after it.
    5. Even while you can escape with roll dodge, pulling whole group in one spot allows to ulti-dump them.
    Edited by divnyi on September 6, 2021 9:29PM
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you have two or three players that coordinate their usage you may dodge roll into a second one and die. Last night I saw 5 properly used ability and the end result was a full wipe for anyone trying to break into the fort. Than, the remaining players were picking up and got blind sided and that was the end of that.

In the open field the set is worthless but defending a keep it is a bit over powered. No ram group really seems to survive this set.

Now comes the fun part. I got hit by biting jabs, was able to avoid the damage from the dark convergence but got killed by other attacks and the plague break set wiped the group that got near me. It seems that plaguebreak and dark convergence are being combined by some players.

The new gear sets are overpowered in certain situations.
  • PunkAben
    PunkAben
    ✭✭✭
    I think Zenimax should have thought it through.
    It is really a good set with the hug lag we have at the server in prime time.
    Far away from the goal with massive PVP we only have few players left now and it takes time to break free and use skills.
    With dark convergence , most people need more time and I see people die like flies.
    It really doesn't fit the bad performance.
    I think Zenimax self-goal again with killing Cyrodiil.
    The good news about computers is that they do what you tell them to do.The bad news is that they do what you tell them to do.Ted NelsonElder Scrolls Online most balanced part is maybe the the number of bugs and not bugs!
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PunkAben wrote: »
    Far away from the goal with massive PVP we only have few players left now and it takes time to break free and use skills.
    With dark convergence , most people need more time and I see people die like flies.

It should do the pull or stun, not both. Removing one of these crowd control features would greatly improve how players interact with the ability.
  • L_Nici
    L_Nici
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its great and all that you can block it, or avoid it in other ways, if it would work reliable...During Primetime in Cyro literally the entire court of a keep is covered in Convergence and before you even see it, they pull you from one into the next, into the next, into the next and always apply their damage, and most of the time get abused with Hrothgar, since Hrothgar procs directly of Convergence.
    Edited by L_Nici on September 10, 2021 7:52PM
    A very special girl

PC|EU
  • Photosniper89
    Photosniper89
    ✭✭✭✭

Funny, one person in our ball group runs it but seems like every PUG is running it.

Yes, it took 1 raid for us to figure out how to avoid it.

Optimized groups will always be better than pugs. The day ZOS realizes this and focuses on fixing servers the better.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Won’t bother adding to how badly these sets have affected the game. Here’s a nerf suggestion:

Dark Convergence (current)
    Casting abilities that leave an effect on the ground will create an area that applies a 60% snare and pulls enemies every 2 seconds after a 1 second delay, and stun them for 1 second. After 4 seconds, the area deals 2475 Magic Damage to all enemies in the area, and 4950 Magic Damage to enemies within 3 meters of the center, increasing by 10% for each target. This effect can occur once every 15 seconds and scales off the higher of your Weapon or Spell Damage.

Dark Convergence (new)
    Casting abilities that leave an effect on the ground will create an area that applies a 60% snare after a 1 second delay. If 6 or more enemies are in the area, they are pulled toward the center. After 4 seconds, the area deals 1235 Magic Damage to all enemies in the area, and 2475 Magic Damage to enemies within 3 meters of the center, increasing by 50% for each additional target. This effect can occur once every 15 seconds and scales off the higher of your Weapon or Spell Damage.

No more pulling unless there’s a lot of players stacked, and damage is much low against a few players.
    Edited by Vaoh on September 11, 2021 4:47AM
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Does it really affect you? I mean since you mainly pvp 6 in the morning vs npcs. :trollface:
    EU | PC
  • Pauwer
    Pauwer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes confirmed, i died to this set once and then learned to get away after pull. Once i was pulled off a wall and i just ran back in.
  • PunkAben
    PunkAben
    ✭✭✭
    Master_Kas wrote: »

Does it really affect you? I mean since you mainly pvp 6 in the morning vs npcs. :trollface:

These days the map is yellow at 6 am, sp not so much PVP I'm doing.
    I use my sorc later in evening with convergence, so easy to make all quests for 40 players killed, 3 keep or 9 resources.
    If I use my stamsorc, I normally can deal with a huge group, stay away, blink into a group and out again.
    With dark convergence you can get pulled down from the wall when you stand with a siege weapon and pull into 40 zerging EP and it is a little hard when I run alone to survive with this lag.
    If the server have run smooth and we could use an ability it will have been easier, often we can not even use weapon swap.
    I don't use exploit like you Kas or any cheat, so it is hard for people who play fair game!
    The good news about computers is that they do what you tell them to do.The bad news is that they do what you tell them to do.Ted NelsonElder Scrolls Online most balanced part is maybe the the number of bugs and not bugs!
  • Vizirith
    Vizirith
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I've been pulled from 1/2 a keep away. With lag my faster toons can cover so much distance that never actually counts. Streak away twice for 30m distance? Nope still in the radius. Dodge roll and sprint? Nope still in the radius.