The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)

Players are figuring out how to avoid Dark Convergence

• MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Baphomet wrote: »
    In laggy conditions convergence will sometimes stun you and apply all the damage before it even starts to drag you to the center.

And there's nothing you can do about it - your character becomes completely catatonic for 1-2 seconds and other enemies can hit you during this period.

So yeah, it is broken and powerful and from what I can tell ball-groups benefit more from it than solo players because they can steamroll everybody more effectively now than they ever could before.

There are abilities with CC feature that almost can ensure a 100% success for the dark convergence damage. This set was not properly thought out from the get go because of this. I been testing various abilities out dueling a friend and when you only have less than a second to avoid the damage you are typically dead or near death that requires only a light attack to kill you.

Best case scenario is blocking through it and hopefully getting off a heal before you get hit and die. Though in groups it means instance death from my experience, even with a block.

I have seen Hrothgar and Dark Convergence being run together and even got to test them with my friend in duels. If one set proc doesn't kill you the other will.

Knockback abilities and staying 20+ meters away is the only way to ensure you don't die from Hrothgar or Dark Convergence.
    Edited by MEBengalsFan2001 on September 14, 2021 8:46PM
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SkaraMinoc wrote: »
    Fhritz wrote: »
    It's... Normal, i guess ? I don't understand what you want to say tbh

I'm saying it was very strong for about 24 hours. Now players know how it works.

It's mostly a dead set for BGs. Maybe for Cyrodiil it will work.

It is still a very strong set, especially when you learn to keep people stuck in it.
  • RedTalon
    RedTalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very easy to figure out, can also just hold block and walk through it can pop a potion and walk through, can mist form briefly and past trough it has a bunch of counters really and basics ones at that, its more good for large groups and is good for coward control outside of pvp also.
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As dodgeroll seems to not work for me in cyrodil again and as a squishy toon, Its game over when the stacks of convergence land.
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • gamma71
    gamma71
    ✭✭✭✭
    What's really annoying is when your in the inner keep we're u can not spread out and u get sucked into the corners were the little parapit wall are and you can't just roll dodge out you have to jump over the little speed Bump first Wich normally you would not be there because it's past the position were you normally could go, but dark convergence pulls you there and every body knows it.

• Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Developer Comment:
    This set was designed with one goal in mind – kill large groups. Pesky zerg sitting on your keep or resource flag? Send them to the void by pairing this set with some hard CC and immobilizes.

If you want large group/zerg busting, why allow a zerg busting set be worn by zergs?

Maybe the set should be selective since it is supposed to be a zerg buster. Perhaps it should only work if the user is not grouped and not within X meters of more than X allies.

Disabling the set for grouped players would kill the set in battlegrounds. (Which, in my opinion, would be great for battlegrounds)
    Edited by Dojohoda on September 18, 2021 5:44PM
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Feaky
    Feaky
    ✭✭✭
    Its basically killing Cyro right now - at least in GH, maybe not so much the lower populated camps. But when you have faction stacking with 50% of the player population wearing DC, there is literally no where to stand that is in range to attack or fire a siege weap. Forget dodge rolling, u just dodge roll into another one. Also blocking works but to an extant. If you were only blocking 1 DC, it be ok, but so many are wearing it that many times its multiple stacked DCs along with all of the other AE damage being spammed on you while you stand there trying to move or block.

Its amazing how little insight went into this set especially with feedback in PTS that all this would happen..
    Edited by Feaky on September 18, 2021 11:44PM
  • moleculardrugs
    moleculardrugs
    ✭✭✭✭
    RevJJ wrote: »
    SkaraMinoc wrote: »
    Played ~10 battlegrounds and most players dodge roll / streak out of Dark Convergence now.

Sometimes it does well when defending but players are catching on.

I've shelved Dark Convergence. Hrothgar still good for Chaosball tanks.

The Secret is to run this "Zerg Busting Set" as part of a Zerg also using this set, that way all the ground is LAVA because.... ZOS Logic

^This. The problem is not when one player uses it, the problem is when a zerg/ballgroup has multiple players using it because there's nowhere to roll out to. So instead of being zerg-busting, this has just become another tool for zergs and ballgroups. What a surprise.

Should just make Wabbajack an actual weapon so you can turn people into goats or skeevers so they can’t run away from you. An AoE Wabbajack would be something no one would want. Players not in a ball group are dispersed and would not be affected all at once
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feaky wrote: »
    Its basically killing Cyro right now - at least in GH, maybe not so much the lower populated camps. But when you have faction stacking with 50% of the player population wearing DC, there is literally no where to stand that is in range to attack or fire a siege weap. Forget dodge rolling, u just dodge roll into another one. Also blocking works but to an extant. If you were only blocking 1 DC, it be ok, but so many are wearing it that many times its multiple stacked DCs along with all of the other AE damage being spammed on you while you stand there trying to move or block.

Its amazing how little insight went into this set especially with feedback in PTS that all this would happen..

I see in zone chat stop using DC set so that the other alliance stop using it. LMAO...that won't change how the other alliance uses the set.