The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Players are figuring out how to avoid Dark Convergence

SkaraMinoc
SkaraMinoc
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Played ~10 battlegrounds and most players dodge roll / streak out of Dark Convergence now.

Sometimes it does well when defending but players are catching on.

I've shelved Dark Convergence. Hrothgar still good for Chaosball tanks.
PC NA
  • Fhritz
    Fhritz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's... Normal, i guess ? I don't understand what you want to say tbh
    I'm a single character man.
    Stamblade. Khajiit. Mostly pvp.
    And...that's it.
  • Lapin_Logic
    Lapin_Logic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SkaraMinoc wrote: »
    Played ~10 battlegrounds and most players dodge roll / streak out of Dark Convergence now.

The Secret is to run this "Zerg Busting Set" as part of a Zerg also using this set, that way all the ground is LAVA because.... ZOS Logic
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i mean i never really saw it as a BG set, more to use on rams or flags in Cyro.

there is enough stuff going on that your bound to pull some poor suckers into it. that being said i was in some pretty heavy sieges as a noob character and recognized right away when it grabbed me and did in fact just roll out, even when i felt like it went off and i should have taken damage the effect was minimal. took getting hit with it all of twice to be aware of how to deal with it.
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fhritz wrote: »
    It's... Normal, i guess ? I don't understand what you want to say tbh

I'm saying it was very strong for about 24 hours. Now players know how it works.

It's mostly a dead set for BGs. Maybe for Cyrodiil it will work.
    PC NA
  • RevJJ
    RevJJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The Secret is to run this "Zerg Busting Set" as part of a Zerg also using this set, that way all the ground is LAVA because.... ZOS Logic

^This. The problem is not when one player uses it, the problem is when a zerg/ballgroup has multiple players using it because there's nowhere to roll out to. So instead of being zerg-busting, this has just become another tool for zergs and ballgroups. What a surprise.
  • Kory
    Kory
    ✭✭✭✭
    You mean players are doing what they always do when being pulled/chained in?
  • ResidentContrarian
    ResidentContrarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Told people that the set wasn't a big deal. I always break free and roll out. So far, not even lag has been able to stop me from doing that. Then again, I rarely ever lag or DC ever since January of this year...
  • danthemann5
    danthemann5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can also hold block and just walk away.
    ZeniMax has no obligation to correct any errors or defects in the Services.

Greetings! We've closed this thread due to its non-constructive nature.

"You know you don't have to be here right?" - ZOS_RichLambert
  • hexnotic
    hexnotic
    ✭✭✭✭

there's many times in life where we should just hold block and walk away.
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hexnotic wrote: »

there's many times in life where we should just hold block and walk away.

preach brother
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The beauty is that in the huge melees that are happening in IC right now, a good percentage of players miss it in all the confusion, or roll from one ground aoe to another. So yeah, it is effective, and fun, right now.

It is like a harmony necro build, sure boneyard is easy to avoid and misses a lot, but if for some reason you can't avoid, it hits like a truck.

• ServerusEcru
    ServerusEcru
    ✭✭✭
    The problem is when you try to roll dodge from Dark Convergence because it’s so powerful and a Nightblade jumps on you from behind with Surprise Attack. Then you are stunned again by a Templar spamming jabs; by this time your stam is out. RIP.
    Edited by ServerusEcru on August 27, 2021 2:13PM
    "Train your opponent to make the wrong response." — The Book of Circles, By Loredas Maxims
    NA/PC/ Order of the Candle
  • ResidentContrarian
    ResidentContrarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem is when you try to roll dodge from Dark Convergence because it’s so powerful and a Nightblade jumps on you from behind with Surprise Attack. Then you are stunned again by a Templar spamming jabs; by this time your stam is out. RIP.

But that is more than one player versus you, and it's not like the outcome would really be any different whether they had the set or not since they could force you to roll with any other set or skill in the game and execute the same pattern too.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tbh. It is only easy to get out if you had no lag & de-sync and you are near the edge of the aoe. If you are closer to center, then even if you roll-dodge out of it, the game will register you only after roll-dodge animation is finished, so very often you will get pulled in.
    I don't know if I can use RAT to not to get pulled. It seems to help a bit, but I am not sure if I had some kind of CC immunity from previous CC, as RAT does not state it prevents from "pull" - only snares and immobilizations.

Anyway, this set feels extremely overloaded. It has 3x AOE CC (snare, stun & pull) and double AOE delayed burst dmg, that gets stronger the more targets it hits. All in one, easy to proc condition. And it only has 1 second of counter-play.

I think that there should be some adjustments to it. Either reduce snare to a lower value, or add 1.5 or 2 second proc time instead of 1. Also, this set (just like all new sets) it very problematic if Ball Groups use it (and they do use it). Those sets were designed to counter them, but instead it feels like those sets only Empowers ball groups. I think a good solution would be to add similar condition that Pale Order ring has. It gets less effective the more people are in the group. Something like this could potentially help as solo players & small scale groups could still use this set effectively, but in a ball group it would not be this effective.
  • Thuragan
    Thuragan
    ✭✭✭
    Not surprising, it takes 1 second delay to charge and then 4 more seconds for damage to go off. Plenty of time to avoid it.
    Edited by Thuragan on August 27, 2021 5:26PM
  • Recapitated
    Recapitated
    ✭✭✭✭
    katorga wrote: »
    It is like a harmony necro build, sure boneyard is easy to avoid and misses a lot, but if for some reason you can't avoid, it hits like a truck.

That's what I'm seeing it on most of the time anyway. It wasn't ever realistic to consistently kill people with the set burst alone unless they're already in a position where just about anything will kill them. But it adds a lot of utility and respectable damage to aoe burst builds.
  • thebobbyllamanub18_ESO
    Anyway, this set feels extremely overloaded. It has 3x AOE CC (snare, stun & pull) and double AOE delayed burst dmg, that gets stronger the more targets it hits. All in one, easy to proc condition. And it only has 1 second of counter-play.
    Yeah, it's weird that this proc is comparable to a skill you might slot on your bar. Not only that, but the risk vs. reward is way off. Since ground effects can be created at range, it can be used in complete safety from the top of a keep or a wall.
    I think that there should be some adjustments to it.
    Per my point above, I'd like to see a range limit on how far away you can trigger the proc, perhaps 20 meters. Enough that you can't try to casually nuke groups from maximum range.
    Stuff for RPers:
    ESO-Rollplay.net - A character sheet and dice rolling system for your in-game adventures.
    RP Profile Viewer - An ESO addon that allows you to view character profile information from ESO Rollplay directly within ESO!
  • Theignson
    Theignson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone know how far this set pulls you in? I was being pulled in from ~10 meters it seems.

Or does the length you are pulled in, depend on which ground aoe you set?
    Quakrson, Stam DK, Grand Overlord
    Trackrsen, Stam Warden, Grand Overlord
    Quakrsen, Mag DK, Overlord
    Tolliverson, Stam NB, General
    Farfarel, Stam Necro, Praetorian
    Spencerson, Templar, Prefect
    Phosphorsen, Stam Sorc, Tribune
    Phosphorson, Mag Sorc, Tribune
    Glimson, Arcanist, Major
    All EP/ PC NA
  • ResidentContrarian
    ResidentContrarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Theignson wrote: »
    Does anyone know how far this set pulls you in? I was being pulled in from ~10 meters it seems.

Seems to have a bug with infinite range. I pulled some people off the top of a keep (inner keep top) through outer FD when I used shadow image on my NB. Didn't bother testing to find out how it worked since it obviously ruined the battle and it's an exploit.

Safe to say it probably has no range checks...
  • Nemeliom
    Nemeliom
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't think they figure it out just yet. I usted it today with no sweat.

Cant find a way to post an imagen. Can anyone explain? 😁
    http://imgur.com/gallery/hSShFfe
    Edited by Nemeliom on August 29, 2021 3:29AM
    Baradur Morker - Level 50 Bosmer Nightblade
    Le-Duck - Level 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight
    Boom-Stormer - Level 50 High Elf Sorcerer
    Nemeliom the Great - Level 50 Redguard Warden
    Crazy Little Maggie - Level 50 High Elf Templar
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Surprise attack should not have a stun. In fact, no spammable should have a stun effect but that's another issue all together.

On console so I have not encountered these sets yet, but they seem to be doing what they were designed to do and that is disrupting player vs. player environment. It does sound like some do need some adjusting in the proc conditions to not effect smaller groups so much as larger groups.

Stay safe everyone and ZOS please fix the green tree micromanaging :)
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still pretty good for outnumbered players defending a keep by keeping the attackers from being able to use their siege weapons.

Speaking from the perspective of the attacking faction at least. Did not make for an enjoyable experience.
    Edited by MasterSpatula on August 29, 2021 3:57AM
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • Sluggy
    Sluggy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's also pretty good for a ballgroups taking a keep with outnumbered defenders. The best part is when they don't stun you and instead just chain convergences. You basically feel like someone tied horses to your characters limbs and flicked the whip. Dodge and snare-remove all you want at that point. You're going for a ride!
  • Magio_
    Magio_
    ✭✭✭✭

I strongly disagree with that opinion. It's strong even solo as is if used correctly and it grows in power exponentially in organized play in BGs.
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Magio_ wrote: »

I strongly disagree with that opinion. It's strong even solo as is if used correctly and it grows in power exponentially in organized play in BGs.

Yeah you're probably right. I haven't used it a whole lot tbh. It was good w/ Daedric Mines. Not overpowered but good.
    PC NA
  • Jameson18
    Jameson18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Players are figuring out how to avoid Dark Convergence"

I see mention of all the traditional methods that one would apply to avoiding such a thing.

However, the popular method that seems to be emerging is:

Don't go to PvP areas/activities.

The other method mounting in popularity is:

Don't bother playing.

I've just lost several friends and guildmates. Basically anyone that plays on PC as well as console. Due to this patch and the items released in it. Which are entirely multiple steps backward in any sort of laughable progress made over the last year or two.

Lost to the upcoming beast that shall not be named, no less.
  • ealdwin
    ealdwin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Templar’s jabs doesn’t stun.
    Edited by ealdwin on August 30, 2021 11:49PM
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Seems to have a bug with infinite range. I pulled some people off the top of a keep (inner keep top) through outer FD when I used shadow image on my NB. Didn't bother testing to find out how it worked since it obviously ruined the battle and it's an exploit.

Others do no share your position. There was a group last night that was using it to knock players off the top of keeps last night. Bleakers was really bad. Got so predominate that zone chat was warning when the players doing it were near the keep in an effort to minimize getting yanked from below. Could be a fun set but it will be nerfed to oblivion because players can't help but exploit it.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • ResidentContrarian
    ResidentContrarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kargen27 wrote: »

Others do no share your position. There was a group last night that was using it to knock players off the top of keeps last night. Bleakers was really bad. Got so predominate that zone chat was warning when the players doing it were near the keep in an effort to minimize getting yanked from below. Could be a fun set but it will be nerfed to oblivion because players can't help but exploit it.

Haha saw people exploiting it today as well. I only slotted the set for 5 minutes before changing back to my stat and/or recursive debuff builds (something arguably worse than that set...).
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Then again, I rarely ever lag or DC ever since January of this year...
    Was it a new year's resolution?
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB