The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why splitting tickets again?

Lady_Galadhiel
Lady_Galadhiel
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
During the Year One Celebration, you can earn up to two Event Tickets per day by completing the following:
One Event Ticket for completing a Daily Quest in Wrothgar or Craglorn
One Event Ticket for completing a District Daily Quest in the Imperial City

Isn't it enough that during Midyear Mayhem we have to go into 2 different zones to earn tickets?
I mean I get it,its 3 zones but my playtime is limited and I would like to farm some DSA and MA during double loot but I wont be able to because I will sit in IC for like 30 minutes trying to complete a district quest.

I will see myself rather skipping the ticket thing this time and go for the double loot instead.
Contrariwise, if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.Lewis Carroll
  • Marto
    Marto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Simple answer: To encourage players to go to the Imperial City.

ZOS always likes to encourage players to try different things. It keeps all zones and activities populated, and it can make the experience more fresh and varied. It's the same reason why endeavors include things like heists, contracts, and PVP activities.
    "According to the calculations of the sages of the Cult of the Ancestor Moth, the batam guar is the cutest creature in all Tamriel"
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To annoy those of us who want nothing to do with IC. ;)
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Marto wrote: »

ZOS always likes to encourage players to try different things. It keeps all zones and activities populated, and it can make the experience more fresh and varied. It's the same reason why endeavors include things like heists, contracts, and PVP activities.

Endeaovers include a large varity of activities so there is something for everyone while during an event,in my opinion it should be either PVE or PVP related and not forcing people who want both tickets to do both.

It would have been fine if each daily in Crag,IC or Wrothgar would have given us the 2 tickets so each type of player would have something fitting for their playstyle.

Contrariwise, if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.Lewis Carroll
  • TwinLamps
    TwinLamps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    simple answer:
    To punish me for having 5 accounts
    Awake, but at what cost
  • GenjiraX
    GenjiraX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS always likes to encourage players to buy different things.

FTFY. (In b4 someone else said it.)
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Sure, if IC worked well and was fun that would be no problem.

But during events and even when empty you often can't even change zones without trying several times. And collecting the quests requires multiple zone changes -- and then turn in another one.
    PC NA
  • TwinLamps
    TwinLamps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GenjiraX wrote: »

thing is IC is free, so logic for this is not in place
    Awake, but at what cost
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another interesting question is "Why IC dungeons don't count for ticket?" like during any other IC event.

Ah, well, good thing I don't care about current style (Old Orsinium) and I don't care about daedric griffin.
    The Three Storm Sharks, episode 8 released on january the 8th.
    One mer to rule them all,
    one mer to find them,
    One mer to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them.
  • GenjiraX
    GenjiraX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TwinLamps wrote: »

I knew someone would point that out. 🤣
  • TwinLamps
    TwinLamps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TwinLamps wrote: »

I knew someone would point that out. 🤣

Me too
    Awake, but at what cost
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Olauron wrote: »
    Another interesting question is "Why IC dungeons don't count for ticket?" like during any other IC event.

Ah, well, good thing I don't care about current style (Old Orsinium) and I don't care about daedric griffin.

I have tickets for the mount part and I don't care for the style,so I will limit myself to one Wrothgar daily then and collect tickets for the next event already.
    Not that I would use the mount but I have a feeling this is the only griffin mount we will see for a long time.

And yea IC dungeons should count as well,they are after all part of the dlc.
  • Blinx
    Blinx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just want the 2nd fragment for the mount, luckily I already have 8 tickets, as I am NOT going to IC
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Should get a ticket for any 2 of the 3 zones.
  • trackdemon5512
    trackdemon5512
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The point of these events has always been to get players to try and experience ALL DLC. This is how it has always been.

MidYear always had tickets in both IC and Cyro.

Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood required you to do a daily in both zones.

Elsweyr requires both Northern and Southern zones.

You can expect any Western Skyrim event to now include both The Reach and Solitude dailies.
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MidYear always had tickets in both IC and Cyro.
    That is not correct. IC and battlegrounds during Mayhem is the new invention. Previously Mayhem was only about Cyrodiil, IC had separate event featuring both zone and dungeons.
    The Three Storm Sharks, episode 8 released on january the 8th.
    One mer to rule them all,
    one mer to find them,
    One mer to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them.
  • Dzadzey
    Dzadzey
    ✭✭✭

I only do PvP when forced to by the necessity of securing PvP skills for use in PvE...chiefly rapids and caltrops. Once done those toons never venture into PvP again. ZOS, despite claims to the contrary does force players into PvP who really want nothing to do with it. They need to get over themselves and show some respect to the PvE player base instead of kowtowing to the PvP base.
  • sharquez
    sharquez
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    arena daily quest takes upwards of a minute or 2 pretty much no matter what and can actually be completed by rescuing any imperial in the entire IC so will get done regardless.
    At least 3 of each class. PVPing Since IC.
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Because everyone hates the IC district quests and no one would do them without being forced. Even if you like IC, those district quests are annoying and tedious.
  • six2fall
    six2fall
    ✭✭✭✭
    During the Year One Celebration, you can earn up to two Event Tickets per day by completing the following:
    One Event Ticket for completing a Daily Quest in Wrothgar or Craglorn
    One Event Ticket for completing a District Daily Quest in the Imperial City

Isn't it enough that during Midyear Mayhem we have to go into 2 different zones to earn tickets?
    I mean I get it,its 3 zones but my playtime is limited and I would like to farm some DSA and MA during double loot but I wont be able to because I will sit in IC for like 30 minutes trying to complete a district quest.

I will see myself rather skipping the ticket thing this time and go for the double loot instead.

Do the ic quests (all 6 I believe) before event starts then just turn in 1 quest each day. Can even do on multiple toons if you want to have enough ready for every day of event.

Problem solved hopefully
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's see...I've got a Morpholith, 1/3 fragments for the mount, 2/3 fragments for another Morpholith and 11 tickets.

Assuming the new mount fragment costs 10 tickets like the last one I'll need 4 more tickets to get both fragments I'm missing, then another 10-12 in case I miss the next event, so I need 14-16 tickets total.

I'm going to miss at least 4 days due to being away and it will end before I finish work on the Tuesday so that's 5 days gone. That leaves me 8 days, so I need to get both tickets every day.

Looks like I'll be doing IC dailies ahead of the event starting, trying to do them during the event is always more hassle than it's worth. I don't mind PvP, but not when I'm just trying to complete a PvE quest and some idiot who presumably can't get kills any other way is lurking in a corner to gank people they know won't fight back.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Smitch_59
    Smitch_59
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can live without the IC tickets. I won't be there.
    By Azura, by Azura, by Azura!
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Safe Imperial City Daily for non-PVPers:

If ZOS hasn't fixed it (and they haven't ever commented on it, to my knowledge), you can complete the Arena Daily risk-free. Just stay up on the Spawn Platform's trapdoor in stealth and wait for people nearby to kill the daedra below and free the respawning prisoners. It should count towards your quest too. It'll take awhile, but it's completely safe.

If you are feeling slightly more adventurous, you could even venture out onto the Spawn Platform and kill the respawning daedra yourself. Though any enemy player below could hit you with a ranged attack, so it may not be 100% safe. Still, if you die, you respawn back in your Sewer Base, climb the ladder, and get right back to waiting.
  • Thannazzar
    Thannazzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To annoy those of us who want nothing to do with IC. ;)

You still have time to get 6 IC quests each done on 2 toons, and just hand one in daily during the event, it avoids the gank fest that is IC. Works a treat if you do it early hours of the morning your local server time.
    Edited by Thannazzar on August 24, 2021 9:39PM
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why can't they split it differently? Like 1 ticket for Imperial City or Craglorn, and 1 ticket for Wrothgar.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Then they should offer 3 tickets, one for each zone. As it is, all they are encouraging players to do is go to IC. They certainly aren't encouraging players to do Craglorn, since all they have to do is a WB daily in Wrothgar. The Crag dailies aren't that quick to do, though some are quicker than others.

It's also like they are assuming players will just do Wrothgar for the ticket, since they specifically mention that the daily quests are in two different locations. They said nothing about how to get the daily quests in Craglorn, which is basically to wander around looking for NPCs with blue quest markers, LOL.
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS, please stop trying to funnel prey for the gankfest. IC is a cesspool. It's designed that way. The prevalent behaviors there are ones you should be trying to discourage, yet you keep looking for more opportunities to throw sheep to the wolves. Stop it.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • zelaminator
    zelaminator
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    during an event,in my opinion it should be either PVE or PVP related and not forcing people who want both tickets to do both.

So if you got your way, pure PvE or PvP players would miss out on half of the events..
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, I just did 6 IC dailies in just under an hour. I knew it was easier when events aren't running but I hadn't appreciated how much easier. I think if I do them in future I'll definitely be doing it this way instead of during the event.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Hurbster
    Hurbster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Good job I've got enough thingywotsits for the latest hoojamacallit for the gryphon that can't fly. Because like I'm going nowhere near IC.
    So they raised the floor and lowered the ceiling. Except the ceiling has spikes in it now and the floor is also lava.
  • wishlist14
    wishlist14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They need fresh meat in IC so the regulars can feast 🍽😭😭😭😂😂😂😂😂😂