The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Don't forget to try multi-threaded rendering!

PurpleScroll
PurpleScroll
✭✭✭✭
Just a PSA to everyone to remember to try out the multi-threaded rendering setting under Video - make sure to restart your game when you've enabled it.

I haven't experienced any issues with it yet, but at 1080p with settings maxed out I was getting 50 fps at the crafting stations in Vivec with A LOT of players in view. The performance increase is simply stunning, and my system isn't even high-end - AMD Ryzen 1500X, NVIDIA 1050 Ti.
  • Parasaurolophus
    Parasaurolophus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ryzen5 1600 and 1060 6gb
    Watching with msi afterbuener. So far, I do not see any difference either in values or in performance. I'll have to see how it works in trials and Cyrodiil.
    PC/EU
    Options
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    lol

no chance juginh by the 50% reder dcrease just for patching, I hate to think what that'll do

& Yes I saw a decrease from 110 FPS to 43 in Viviec City after this patch!!!
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
    Options
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    On a verge trying it out after my game patches having pretty old gear myself.
    Options
  • Doomiel92
    Doomiel92
    So, I'm trying to turn it on.. but it says "You have to restart the game for it to work" However, after I restart the game it is turned off again.
    Options
  • Red_Feather
    Red_Feather
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have an older cpu, an amd 8350 but a newer gpu, RX 5500 XT

Silent Halls in Blackwood used to tank my fps. It was jarring.

I'm there right now with MTR enabled and it's solid 60 frames per second because I capped my fps at 60.

fainting.gif
    Options
  • Darkstorne
    Darkstorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    "This option enables a separate thread for the render process which can improve performance and provide a smoother overall experience"

A separate thread? As in, ZOS have just discovered dual-core CPUs..?
    Options
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    10yo gear 60fps at crafting area when people dueling around wth zos!
    Options
  • bruta
    bruta
    ✭✭✭

I'm there right now with MTR enabled and it's solid 60 frames per second because I capped my fps at 60.

fainting.gif

same here with fx 8300, with MTR went from 45 fps to solid 60 now:D
    Options
  • LeoXearo
    LeoXearo
    ✭✭
    My laptops CPU temp has gone down from 70ish to 55ish while playing which is nice.
    Leo Xearo, / CP 1160+ / Magplar
    Options
  • Sahqon
    Sahqon
    ✭✭✭
    Confirming it works. FPS doubled in Vivec (now at capped 58, yes I had 25-30 on good days), CPU temps went down a few C (no too much) and my abilities in fights seem to fire much more dependably.
    Options
  • Red_Feather
    Red_Feather
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    bruta wrote: »

fainting.gif

It has transformed how I experience the world. I'm somewhat in shock that I can put vsync on now and think about raising some settings. 😲
    Options
  • ssewallb14_ESO
    ssewallb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm probably a bad use case as my I'm running a 9900k with an RX-570. But it's basically the same until I cross and render line, in which FPS drops considerably for a few seconds. Turned it off after running Banished Cells.
    Options
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Getting 43% more fps in 4k. GPU is now properly utilized.
    PC NA
    Options
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can confirm it affects combat scenarios heavily even on old potato i3's quad, weaving never felt so smooth and not missing weaves feels insane.
    Options
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Does nothing at all

This patch nerf prefomance & this option didnt change a thing!
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
    Options
  • EmEm_Oh
    EmEm_Oh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can confirm it affects combat scenarios heavily even on old potato i3's quad, weaving never felt so smooth and not missing weaves feels insane.

Nice. I'm looking forward to exploiting my i9-10900k.
    Options
  • nwilliams2107b16_ESO
    nwilliams2107b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yup definitely working for me, probably the single best thing about this update though.
    Options
  • bruta
    bruta
    ✭✭✭
    bruta wrote: »

fainting.gif

It has transformed how I experience the world. I'm somewhat in shock that I can put vsync on now and think about raising some settings. 😲

yeah when I get home tonight, gonna increase the view distance and maybe turn on planar reflections
    Options
  • Yozza
    Yozza
    ✭✭✭
    Doomiel92 wrote: »
    So, I'm trying to turn it on.. but it says "You have to restart the game for it to work" However, after I restart the game it is turned off again.

Yeah I'm getting this too. Anyone offer any advice?
    Options
  • rauyran
    rauyran
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's working great for me. I tried it, without much hope because I play on Linux via Proton, and FPS seems much higher now.
    Options
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's early days, but just logging in to Vulkhel Guard by the wayshrine which is always well populated and wandering around for a few minutes (once without the new option enabled and then with it enabled, I saw a 10% increase in FPS and a 10% fall in all temperatures.
    Options
  • roblock81b14_ESO
    This has been huge for me! I have always been cpu bottlenecked at about 75-80fps. Now I am running 144FPS solid and my CPU usage is much better! AMD 8 core users appreciate it!
    Options
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Working great for me.
    Faster load times and went from about 75 fps to around 90/100.

Smooth as butter
    Options
  • N3CR01
    N3CR01
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm one of the unfortunate that its not working for.
    When starting the game I get the main story cinematic (which only happens on the PTS usually)

And when I try setting the multithreaded rendering option... nothing happens.
    No 'you have to restart the game' like others are reporting... nothing at all.

Then when I do restart the game, the option is set to off.
    Options
  • Vhozek
    Vhozek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turn on SSAO if this allows you to. It adds a nice level of detail to the game.
    𝗡𝗼𝘁 𝘀𝗼𝗿𝗿𝘆, 𝗺𝗼𝗱𝘀. 𝗙𝗿𝗲𝗲 𝗕𝗶𝗿𝗱 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴.
    Options
  • LaughingGremlin
    LaughingGremlin
    ✭✭✭
    I tried Multi-threading and it helps. I have an AMD Ryzen 9 3900 12 core machine with a Geforce RTX 2080 Super. I set the view distance to 75 with the resolution set to 4k. The FPS would go from 100-140 and dipping to 70FPS in Leyawiin. Now it stays over 100 in Leyawiin. In my home and on certain dungeons the FPS can go as high 255 though it averages 130-160 FPS. I never got to 255 FPS before even when I had the view distance set to 50.

Update: I did a second Test and in Pantherfang get 150-200 FPS averaging 160 outdoors and 200 indoors.
    Edited by LaughingGremlin on August 23, 2021 9:27PM
    Options
  • propertyOfUndefined
    propertyOfUndefined
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No crashes here so far, and it does seem to help with FPS. Seeing average FPS of about 150 in all areas. Using an RTX 2070.
    Options
  • Vhozek
    Vhozek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You might have to turn on the option in the game files if it turns back off when you restart. Go to documents > The Elder Scrolls Online and click UserSettings and look for RENDER_THREAD, change the 0 next to it to 1. Exit out and save when it asks you to save. Retry and see if that works. If it doesn't, do it again and this time at the end right click UserSettings and go down and check the box that says Read Only. You might have to uncheck it before being able to edit it like I said.
    Edited by Vhozek on August 23, 2021 5:33PM
    𝗡𝗼𝘁 𝘀𝗼𝗿𝗿𝘆, 𝗺𝗼𝗱𝘀. 𝗙𝗿𝗲𝗲 𝗕𝗶𝗿𝗱 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴.
    Options
  • Chips_Ahoy
    Chips_Ahoy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a PSA to everyone to remember to try out the multi-threaded rendering setting under Video - make sure to restart your game when you've enabled it.

I haven't experienced any issues with it yet, but at 1080p with settings maxed out I was getting 50 fps at the crafting stations in Vivec with A LOT of players in view. The performance increase is simply stunning, and my system isn't even high-end - AMD Ryzen 1500X, NVIDIA 1050 Ti.

what does PSA mean?
    Options
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chips_Ahoy wrote: »

what does PSA mean?

Public Service Announcement, I assume.
    Options