The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

August Daily Rewards

• Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    Lugaldu wrote: »
    Wow, as someone who doesn't do PvP these are the most disappointing rewards in the last 3 years.

It is a great reward for those who don't pvp. You can unlock sone of the skills without setting foot in there on a low level alt

That may be true, but those skills (as far as I have the overview) are also not extremely relevant for a solo PvE player. But anyway, it´s good that some people are happy with the rewards. Personally, I also don´t need more pets, but I would like to see some stuff for housing.
  • BoraxFlux
    BoraxFlux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, as someone who doesn't do PvP these are the most disappointing rewards in the last 3 years.

It is a great reward for those who don't pvp. You can unlock sone of the skills without setting foot in there on a low level alt

+ you can save the AP until you have enough for golden jewelry or monstermasks / shoulders at the Golden Vendor. I might be wrong, but can you buy motifs as well with AP at BG-vendors?
  • santhoranb16_ESO
    santhoranb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Still, while some find it useful, its a new dimension of "nothing", before there was always something special (pet, cosmetics, SOMETHING) . This did cost ZOS nothing, no work , no investment into the player base. Its to accept but it shows the lowering dedication to it.
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vigarr wrote: »
    I wonder does claiming that 150k ap boost your alliance rank?
    Depends on your char's rank. Possible boosts:
    - From Citizen to Legionary grade 1 you need 145,6k.
    - From Legionary grade 2 to Veteran grade 1 you need 102,4k.
    - From Veteran grade 1 to grade 2 you need 129,6k.

From Veteran grade 2 forward you need more than 160k to go up the ranks.
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Alliance_Points
    Edited by redlink1979 on August 1, 2021 11:55AM
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Something new would be nice like a hair style or a skin as monthly reward.
    Total ESO playtime: 8325 hours
    ESO plus status: Cancelled
    ESO currently uninstalled.
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saving up AP so will be glad of this.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That may be true, but those skills (as far as I have the overview) are also not extremely relevant for a solo PvE player. But anyway, it´s good that some people are happy with the rewards. Personally, I also don´t need more pets, but I would like to see some stuff for housing.

Purge, Barrier, War Horn, Vigor, Caltrops, and Continous Assault are very relevant to PVE.

Vigor, Caltrops are essential to stamina solo pve.

Continuous Assault boosts mount speed permanently, useful for all builds

Purge and Barrier massively increase what a magicka dps can solo in PvE.

Those skills are all locked behind pvp. So getting boosters like this is very beneficial to solo pve people who don't like pvp.

• NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BoraxFlux wrote: »

+ you can save the AP until you have enough for golden jewelry or monstermasks / shoulders at the Golden Vendor. I might be wrong, but can you buy motifs as well with AP at BG-vendors?

@BoraxFlux Yup. Akaviri and Militant Ordinator. Going up in PvP rank also reward dyes for more fashion scrolls online.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BoraxFlux wrote: »

@BoraxFlux Yup. Akaviri and Militant Ordinator. Going up in PvP rank also reward dyes for more fashion scrolls online.

This - the whole point for me.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Vigor may be handy nonetheless, depending on your class, but the free skill points from the login rewards don't have to be used on the PvP skill lines. They're particularly useful, for example, on a character that has just started a new skill line such as antiquities.
  • EvilAutoTech
    EvilAutoTech
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My inbox will overflow with Rewards for the Worthy. I will claim this on my level 3 Tyro. Should be good for more than 50 RftW emails and at least 1 promotion.
  • waterfairy
    waterfairy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

you should welcome it because it means you can unlock vigor and a mount speed passive without ever setting foot in cyro
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Neat.
  • tim99
    tim99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    waiting for 150k telvar :D
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    My inbox will overflow with Rewards for the Worthy. I will claim this on my level 3 Tyro. Should be good for more than 50 RftW emails and at least 1 promotion.

The boxes are every 25k AP so you'll receive 6.
  • Ken_Koerperich
    Ken_Koerperich
    ✭✭✭
    I appreciate it...

Went out when it was "DEAD" and did the first quest, which got me VIGOR and left....

Now I'll be able to get a "level" or two, and hopefully get the other 2 skills I want w/o EVER setting foot in there again...

Thanks ZOS!
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You get boxes at lower AP intervals on a U50 character, feels like maybe 10k?
  • Waseem
    Waseem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    some players are like literally preventing themself from earning Alliance Points by participating in their own Alliance battle

I would complain day and night about the Pay2Win free damage Overpowered grind called "Psijic Order skill line" but I have no power for that

PC EU

• Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something new would be nice like a hair style or a skin as monthly reward.

I would like if they gave out some appearance, race, name or alliance change tokens every few months. That's something that's actually meaningful that everyone can appreciate, even if they don't have immediate use for it. It also doesn't really take any extra work on the developer side while every new cosmetic needs to be created by someone first and giving it away for free makes it hard to justify time spent on its development.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • waterfairy
    waterfairy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Waseem wrote: »
    some players are like literally preventing themself from earning Alliance Points by participating in their own Alliance battle

I would complain day and night about the Pay2Win free damage Overpowered grind called "Psijic Order skill line" but I have no power for that

before you complain about that first complain about the P2W wardens and necros who are the dominant classes in cyro for anyone who's not a bomber or the P2W mythic items..the best stuff is locked behind dlc and it's not just 1 specific thing you dislike
    Edited by waterfairy on August 2, 2021 4:22PM
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you claim reward while in Cyrodiil, in your home campaign, does it count toward end-of-campaign reward tier?
  • EvilAutoTech
    EvilAutoTech
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Actually, the lower the level of the character, the fewer AP is required for a reward box. My level 3 Tyro gets 2 mails every time we get 5k. I was actually being conservative at 50 mails. My level 4 Tyros will get fewer RftW mails but still quite a few. I don't know what the break points are, but now that the source of Major Gallop has been changed, I'm back to collecting my log-in AP with my designated characters.
  • fiender66
    fiender66
    ✭✭✭✭
    wait no cosmetics? pets? nothing...what? :(

I raise my spine in disappointment
  • Folkb
    Folkb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if I should get that on my pve main guy or use it for a low level pvp alt I plan to make sometime later. 🤔
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vigarr wrote: »
    I wonder does claiming that 150k ap boost your alliance rank?

Yep. Skill points, Rewards for the Worthy, etc.
  • RPGplayer13579
    RPGplayer13579
    ✭✭✭✭
    I know that I am late in saying this but, Thank You for the 150k AP Reward! Feel free to do this again in the future. B)
    My Characters.

Mike Snow - Imperial - Templar - One-Handed and Shield - Tank - Daggerfall Covenant - Commander.
    Catelyn Rivers - Breton - Sorcerer - Destruction Staff - Daggerfall Covenant - Telvanni Magister.
    Ashara Sand - Redguard - Warden - Two-Handed/One-Handed and Shield - Daggerfall Covenant - Heroic.
    Tormund gro-Largash - Orsimer - Dragonknight - Two-Handed - Daggerfall Covenant - Furious.
    Lysa Rivers - Breton - Nightblade - Bow/One-Handed and Shield - Vampire - Daggerfall Covenant - Brassy Assassin.

Jon Karstark - Nord - Dragonknight - Two-Handed - Ebonheart Pact - Drunk.
    Arya Sand - Dunmer - Dragonknight - Dual Wield - Ebonheart Pact - Assassin.
    Sansa Snow - Impeial - Warden - Destruction Staff/One-Handed and Shield - Ebonheart Pect - Swashbuckler.
    Jojen Reed-Walker - Argonian - Templar - Restoration Staff - Healer - Ebonheart Pact - Melancholy.
    Alys Karstark - Nord - Nightblade - Bow/Dual Wield - Ebonheart Pact - Minstrel.

Nymeria Woods - Bosmer - Nightblade - Bow - Aldmeri Dominion - Thief.
    Brandon Wings - Altmer - Templar - Restoration Staff - Healer - Aldmeri Dominion - Scholar.
    Lyanna Flowers - Altmer - Sorcerer - Sword/Destruction Staff - Aldmeri Dominion - Duchess.
    Marvolo-jo Riddle - Khajiit - Necromancer - Destruction Staff - Aldmeri Dominion - Deadlands Firewalker.
    Obara Woods - Bosmer - Templar - Bow - Werewolf - Aldmeri Dominion - Cheerful.

• ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    If you claim reward while in Cyrodiil, in your home campaign, does it count toward end-of-campaign reward tier?

I would also like to know this.

I could do with a bonus 50 transmute crystals geode from the reward if they do. Always a use for those when you have an... hmmm... 'extended family' :smile:
    Edited by ApoAlaia on August 12, 2021 8:14AM
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ApoAlaia wrote: »

I could do with a bonus 50 transmute crystals geode from the reward if they do. Always a use for those when you have an... hmmm... 'extended family' :smile:

I'm going to be in Cyrodiil when I take this reward, and just wait to see what happens.
    PC EU
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm going to be in Cyrodiil when I take this reward, and just wait to see what happens.

Daily rewards do not count towards campaigns, even if you take it while in Cyrodiil. Yes, I've tested this in the past.

Never take an AP daily reward in a battleground. Battlegrounds have a deserter penalty system that prevents you from earning any AP if you prematurely abandon a BG. How this works is that the second you enter a BG, the penalty system activates, and will deactivate only after a period of time or upon completion of a BG. So while inside an incomplete BG, you are unable to earn any AP, and that includes from daily rewards.
    Edited by code65536 on August 12, 2021 10:37AM
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »

Daily rewards do not count towards campaigns, even if you take it while in Cyrodiil. Yes, I've tested this in the past.

Never take an AP daily reward in a battleground. Battlegrounds have a deserter penalty system that prevents you from earning any AP if you prematurely abandon a BG. How this works is that the second you enter a BG, the penalty system activates, and will deactivate only after a period of time or upon completion of a BG. So while inside an incomplete BG, you are unable to earn any AP, and that includes from daily rewards.

Thanks for the informative reply, much appreciated.

I presume that tortes etc do not multiply the contribution of daily reward AP towards AR either?