The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Ja'zennji Siir Fox

JoDiMageio
JoDiMageio
✭✭✭✭✭
... is gorgeous!

But it sounds like a lynx with emphezema stepped on a piece of Lego.

If you are considering buying this mount, make sure you preview the sound. It is so distracting that my enthusiasm was killed immediately after my first jump, to the point that I am considering retiring it already.

Caveat emptor... But you have been warned. :D
  • waterfairy
    waterfairy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Indrik are worse. They make a 'derp derp derp' (yes 3 sounds) every time you hit the run button plus their jump and idle rearing sounds are horrible...pretty to look at, painful to ride
  • JoDiMageio
    JoDiMageio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vigarr wrote: »
    Indrik are worse. They make a 'derp derp derp' (yes 3 sounds) every time you hit the run button plus their jump and idle rearing sounds are horrible...pretty to look at, painful to ride

I have an Indrik, and I assure you the high pitched barking sound the fox makes is worse.
    Edited by JoDiMageio on July 31, 2021 4:48PM
  • waterfairy
    waterfairy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    JoDiMageio wrote: »
    Vigarr wrote: »

I have an Indrik, and I assure you the high pitched barking sound the fox makes is worse.

oof I have no way to preview the sounds and couldn't find a youtube showcase vid so I'll have to take your word on that
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you are considering buying this mount, make sure you preview the sound. It is so distracting that my enthusiasm was killed immediately after my first jump, to the point that I am considering retiring it already.

Sadly, developers hesitate to give us option to preview mount's rearing up animations (and thus their voices). This feature was considered, and even mentioned in patch notes few PTS cycles ago. But it never worked... :/

Could you please record some video with few howls and jumping sounds of this mount? :)

Officially, we have only this short video:

https://ne-np.facebook.com/BethesdaSoftworks.Nordic/videos/jazennji-siir-fox-mount-is-here/218505510151641/

Very nice growl. And the "howl" is demonic :D I would even call it shriek, not howl. It sounds like it was inspired by Nightmare Senche's voice, and I like it.
    For my taste, it would be awesome sound for some creepy-looking mount! <3

I would even buy this fox mount just for his howl, but I really dislike his helmet :/ If the helmet could be taken off, that would be great.
  • waterfairy
    waterfairy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fischblut wrote: »

Sadly, developers hesitate to give us option to preview mount's rearing up animations (and thus their voices). This feature was considered, and even mentioned in patch notes few PTS cycles ago. But it never worked... :/

Could you please record some video with few howls and jumping sounds of this mount? :)

https://ne-np.facebook.com/BethesdaSoftworks.Nordic/videos/jazennji-siir-fox-mount-is-here/218505510151641/

Very nice growl. And the "howl" is demonic :D I would even call it shriek, not howl. It sounds like it was inspired by Nightmare Senche's voice, and I like it.
    For my taste, it would be awesome sound for some creepy-looking mount! <3

I would even buy this fox mount just for his howl, but I really dislike his helmet :/ If the helmet could be taken off, that would be great.

Thanks for posting this...I bet that howl is the sound they were talking about and honestly doesn't sound as cringe as the indriks derps to me.

I agree the mask looks lame and probably would've bought it if it didn't have that
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I like this fox a lot (incl. the mask) and if there wasn't anything else that will use up my crowns right now I would get it. Hope it comes back sometimes.

I like the sound and I like the indrik sounds as well.
  • Blinx
    Blinx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unless you collect mounts, if you're not going to use it, why not just ask for a refund? ZoS is very accommodating.
    I asked for a refund on the Dremora Duster, and that cost a fraction of this mount, BUT I knew I wasn't going to use it once I tried it on, and I already have quite a bit of disappointing items in my collection, due to the previews not fully giving me the whole picture.
  • JoDiMageio
    JoDiMageio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fischblut wrote: »

Very nice growl. And the "howl" is demonic :D I would even call it shriek, not howl.

Unfortunately, I am not tech-savvy enough to know how to record my gameplay.

But based on the video you shared:

- I haven't heard a growl once
    - When jumping, basically cut the "howl" in half and it's just a little screech.
    - Unless you have good bass sounds, you are only getting the treble of the howl, without low pitches, so it's more screamy/screechy than howly.

However, since you used the descriptor of "howling", I have to admit I am a little more keen on it now. Maybe it'll grow on me....
    Edited by JoDiMageio on July 31, 2021 6:39PM
  • Wandering_Immigrant
    Wandering_Immigrant
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes how dare they use actual fox sounds, don't they know this is fantasy game. Should have sounded more like blue-jay, those are pretty.

https://youtu.be/jmu7uTl6muE

Skip to 0:47 to hear what a fox sounds like. Could've been worse, some of the sounds they make are more like monkey than k9. Cute animals but oh god you do not want one living in the woods next to your house.
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I hear foxes do that late at night outside my house in the summer. It used to worry me before I found out what it was. Now it's just annoying! :D
  • JoDiMageio
    JoDiMageio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes how dare they use actual fox sounds, don't they know this is fantasy game. Should have sounded more like blue-jay, those are pretty.

... Sure, cause the Indriks sound really life like, too. 🙄

Foxes, like a whole bunch of animals, make more than one sound. Also, it's a computer generated replication. I have no issue with attemps to make them sound life like, I'm just warning people that they went for a more... aggressive... noise.
    Edited by JoDiMageio on July 31, 2021 10:35PM
  • waterfairy
    waterfairy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

https://youtu.be/jmu7uTl6muE

Skip to 0:47 to hear what a fox sounds like. Could've been worse, some of the sounds they make are more like monkey than k9. Cute animals but oh god you do not want one living in the woods next to your house.

I've never heard that sound in my life because I've never lived near foxes but if I heard that alone in the woods at night I'd be terrified :joy:
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To me it doesn't really look like a fox at all and the sounds are vaguely reminiscent of actual fox sounds but nowhere near as good as the sounds our fennec fox pets make by comparison. A big part of it is the pose I think.
    There is a fox mount in World of Warcraft and I honestly think they nailed all the things about it that ESO didn't.
    foxmount.jpg

The Jazennji siir "fox" is just a reskinned wolf mount pretending to be a fox. Even the fox critters in ESO are better foxes than this mount.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.