The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Please add an additional DLC Monster drop from the Golden

Marcus_Aurelius
Marcus_Aurelius
✭✭✭✭✭
There are so many DLC dung now that the probability to have something interesting from the Golden is very low.
I think it is time to ad an additional Monster helm from the Golden and at least one should always be from a DLC dung.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or allow players to "roll" for new loot. For example, pay 250k AP to shuffle the list with a maximum of 2 shuffles per week. Second shuffle doubles to 500k AP.

Edited by Alucardo on July 31, 2021 7:51AM
  • agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    At this point, I don’t see why we need a shuffled list every week. Just put the damn things up for sale so that they are available if someone wants them.

I’m sure someone will comment that there’s some arcane gaming law that states people must earn their right to wear a monster set. [snip] Let people play the way they want. Not everyone wants to run very dungeon on bet and some people simply don’t have the time. If you want to “earn it” no-one’s stopping you.

The ever more grindy nature of this game has to be the worst thing about it by approximately a million miles. I don’t spend my free time playing a game to be bored out of my skull with grind.

[edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on July 31, 2021 1:26PM
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    agegarton wrote: »
    At this point, I don’t see why we need a shuffled list every week. Just put the damn things up for sale so that they are available if someone wants them.

I’m sure someone will comment that there’s some arcane gaming law that states people must earn their right to wear a monster set. [snip] Let people play the way they want. Not everyone wants to run very dungeon on bet and some people simply don’t have the time. If you want to “earn it” no-one’s stopping you.

The ever more grindy nature of this game has to be the worst thing about it by approximately a million miles. I don’t spend my free time playing a game to be bored out of my skull with grind.

MMORPGs have never been a "take what you want and go have fun" type of deal. There's always been RNG involved when it comes to loot, and while I may agree with you, I also think it should stay that way.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on July 31, 2021 1:27PM
  • Kusto
    Kusto
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What grind? Monster helms drop 100%. If you don't get the right weight, chances are your group mates did. Most people who run dungeons/pledges regularly, already have all the helms so they have no problems giving it to you. I always link mine at the end. Also you don't have to worry about traits anymore. As a PVPer I'm sure you got plenty of transmutes.
    I get that you're PVPer and hate pve but pve players are also forced to pvp when they level new toons to get mandatory alliance skills.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on July 31, 2021 1:27PM
  • agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kusto wrote: »

I’m sure someone will comment that there’s some arcane gaming law that states people must earn their right to wear a monster set. To those people I say sit down and shut up. Let people play the way they want. Not everyone wants to run very dungeon on bet and some people simply don’t have the time. If you want to “earn it” no-one’s stopping you.

What grind? Monster helms drop 100%. If you don't get the right weight, chances are your group mates did. Most people who run dungeons/pledges regularly, already have all the helms so they have no problems giving it to you. I always link mine at the end. Also you don't have to worry about traits anymore. As a PVPer I'm sure you got plenty of transmutes.
    I get that you're PVPer and hate pve but pve players are also forced to pvp when they level new toons to get mandatory alliance skills.

Your response is a bit assumptive.

I play far more PvE than PvP - but I do play both.

I refer you to the second para of my post. In summary: 1) great that you have an opinion, but I don’t see how it constrains your game if people can take a different route to you. 2) What I said was, not everyone wants to run every dungeon on vet - not everyone can for multiple reasons.
  • finehair
    finehair
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you can't complete a veteran difficulty dungeon, maybe you don't deserve the veteran difficulty dungeon loots. That's why those monster sets, motifs, undaunted stuff, titles, skins, furniture, etc. are rewards for higher difficulty veteran content.
    I play pvp like %90 of my game time, and i don't have necessary gear to run many vet dlc dungeons and trials so i can't get them and that's how it's supposed to be.
  • hcbigdogdoghc
    hcbigdogdoghc
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah even better, how about ZOS send all the new gear directly to our mail every update, zero work needed. Perfect solution am I right?

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on July 31, 2021 1:28PM
  • DinoZavr
    DinoZavr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Number of DLC increases each every year.
    It IS logical to:
    - add 4th Undaunted quest giver (and an option to select only Base game random for subscribers)
    - add 1 more DLC dungeon jewelry item and helm/shoulders to Golden
    - add fetching inventory space to keep this fetching stuff at last!
    - add companions gear bag
    - add antiquities furnishing bag
    In my opinion principal updates like antiquities and companions were very little thought by theirs designers, as Zenimax never wondered where players are going to store the stuff they add so profusely. :/
    PC EU
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I still think that stuff should be earned :) But over past 2 years, so many things were devalued... CPs, gear/weapons, achievements, rare items. So I no longer care, and just enjoy the fleeting moments.

For example, it feels nice to be the only one who wears Encratis monster set in nSunspire pugs these days. The dungeon for this set is not even hard (for DD, at least), but this set was not sold in Golden vendor yet.

I also remember how, long time ago, wearing Earthgore or Velidreth meant at least something... But these two sets were sold at Golden vendor so many times, that any meaning was lost :D I still use my Earthgore sometimes.

But no matter my own thoughts, I participate in Golden market too, even if it is devaluing some stuff :blush:
    When Golden vendor offers some DLC monster set parts, and I don't have them - I buy them all. For example, I did Moongrave Fane dungeon on vet only once - for the dye and 1 helm. I had no interest to go there on vet ever again. But Grundwulf's heads were later available in Golden vendor, so I bought two missing weights. For Collection.
    It would be super easy to just buy all monster heads and never have to do any vet dungeon. But I have to do each DLC dungeon on vet once (for dye and collectible) anyway.
    What I said was, not everyone wants to run every dungeon on vet - not everyone can for multiple reasons.

I don't want to run any dungeon on vet too... But I have to do it, when I want Monster set from it :o
    I don't see how it is a problem. If one wants the loot, one has to do the dungeon (or even pay for carry, which are advertised everywhere in the game).

I also have a creeping feeling, that someday all current monster sets might drop in normal version of dungeons... And of course, all our previously earned monster sets will not be updated to veteran version :| This looks awfully possible. So if somebody doesn't want to run veteran dungeon but wants the monster head from it - either wait for Golden vendor, or just wait :D
    In my opinion principal updates like antiquities and companions were very little thought by theirs designers, as Zenimax never wondered where players are going to store the stuff they add so profusely.

Agree! There were only two features which help with inventory management:

1) 2 inventory pets with 5 bag slots each. It's too little, but it helped my characters so much already! Those extra 10 slots saved my adventures from interruption many times.
    We had at least two more inventory pets datamined, and I wonder why developers don't add them to the store too.

2) Set Collection system. I still keep some sets physically existing in my inventory, but I've deconstructed so many other sets to free lot of space! Most of sets I keep will not be used ever (especially with constant nerfs)... So ability to deconstuct everything but reconstruct it again is priceless :)

I am not interested in companions. But if I get any companion someday, he will wear white starter gear. Maybe I will buy him some random greens if those are cheap on guild traders. I am not interested in experimenting with companion's gear at all, especially knowing that it would take my inventory space again.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on July 31, 2021 1:29PM
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More... Shoulders... More... Shoulderssssss
  • agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I’m sure someone will comment that there’s some arcane gaming law that states people must earn their right to wear a monster set. To those people I say sit down and shut up. Let people play the way they want. Not everyone wants to run very dungeon on bet and some people simply don’t have the time. If you want to “earn it” no-one’s stopping you.

Yeah even better, how about ZOS send all the new gear directly to our mail every update, zero work needed. Perfect solution am I right?

Sounds ok to me.
  • agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can we all just be clear about something: the value of an item is not in how you got it; it’s in whether you can use it.

If you’re assigning value to a thing - e.g. a monster set - because “it was hard to get”, that’s ok, but it’s not a fact. It’s an opinion. An we all know what opinions are like, right? Yep, everyone’s got one.

I run around in the very best gear that’s available in this game. It’s all gold. I have multiple sets (all gold) for multiple chars, roles, different needs for different trials and dungeons or PvP or whatever. None of that makes me any good - I know that, because I know I’m distinctly average. I’m perfectly comfortable with that. I’m sure I could be better if I wanted to spend hours parsing at a dummy, but frankly I’d rather poke my eyes out with a blunt pencil.

It would be nice if we acknowledged that not every player has the time or inclination to spend the time getting their gear and that should not be a barrier to entry.
  • wishlist14
    wishlist14
    ✭✭✭✭✭

[snip]

I agree with you .

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on July 31, 2021 1:30PM
  • Woodenplank
    Woodenplank
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think it's healthy for gear to be, at least a little, troublesome to obtain. One of the biggest criticisms another MMO, World of Warcraft, received over the years was "dumbing down" and, in an effort to appease even the most casual players, made all content very easy to get into.
    People often clamour for gear to be more easily available, because it provides a nifty instant gratification, but at the end of the day I think they often regret it / there's suddenly no goals left.

All that being said... since the number of available sets has grown tremendously since the Golden Vendor was introduced, I don't think adding a few extra slots would hurt.
    I think it is central to ESO's well-being to critique the developers when they change the game (or fail to change something).
    But the negativity can be exhausting, so I vow to post 50/50 negativity and appreciation.
  • old_scopie1945
    old_scopie1945
    ✭✭✭✭

[edited for baiting]

I agree the grinding nature of this game is way over the top. The Dev's spend a great amount of time and coin in developing game play and quests only for it to be overshadowed by the amount of grind elements to the game. Not every one can or wants to spend twelve hours a day playing ESO. The grind element is increased even further with each update which makes it harder and harder to enjoy the game.
  • old_scopie1945
    old_scopie1945
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kusto wrote: »

[edited to remove quote]

I don't agree. The days and days I have spent running the same dungeon just to get the last elusive piece of gear to complete my build, is just soul destroying. It's as if the game knows that you are after it and says up yours, I'm alright Jack. The grind affects all aspects of the game.
  • old_scopie1945
    old_scopie1945
    ✭✭✭✭

Sounds ok to me.

That will do me, bring it on.
  • coletas
    coletas
    ✭✭✭✭

[edited for baiting]

Absolutely agree. Years taking the same skyshards, the same dungeons, the... Ohh... Time breaches... Seriously, who thinks that is fun, ok, play that way, but for the rest, let us turn the computer on and play fighting sanely between us without having to use that boring torturing system. Sure, dont give us archievements, fantastic colours, that great Lords tittles and super great super useful rewards... Just let us plug and play please.
  • svendf
    svendf
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are player´s out there, who are not able to run these dungeons for alot of reasons, health, reflexes, time. Some run these dungeons, where they are better off not, both for them and the group.

I have run those dungeons in the past for the same reason as others. Locking gear and other things behind content is done, because they want those trial and dungeons filled up.

The times have changed, with new player´s coming to ESO and so have those, who wish to get this gear. Every single head gear I have attained, have been through running vet eccept for one (and I as many others I have alot of them).

That said I support OP`s request because people should not be forced into content they aren´t able to do or can´t do for different reasons. People have bought ESO and should have acces to items in and alternative way.

If I have been asked a couple of year´s back It would have been a no. As I said above times have changed and it got my support.

Thank You

Edited by svendf on August 1, 2021 10:35AM
  • AuraStorm43
    AuraStorm43
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At this point they simply need to update the sticker book so you can fill empty slots with trans crystals

It took me well over a hundred runs of vss to get my hands on pfg jewelry, there’s several gear pieces i’d easily spend 500 trans crystals just to get in my sticker book to get recon’d later
    Edited by AuraStorm43 on August 1, 2021 2:43PM
  • CombatRecon11B
    CombatRecon11B
    ✭✭✭
    If op had stated they wanted an extra golden "overland" drop, I might be inclined to agree, but "monster set?" Just go get it.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If op had stated they wanted an extra golden "overland" drop, I might be inclined to agree, but "monster set?" Just go get it.

Shoulders are locked behind rng and it is not uncommon to waste many tens of keys on a specific weight you wanted. It is not "just go get it".
    Edited by zvavi on August 2, 2021 12:00AM
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think OP has a good idea. The rotation should remain fixed but since there are a great many more items in the rotation it makes sense to add a slot or two to what the vendor offers.
  • PizzaCat82
    PizzaCat82
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've grinded pretty much every normal and several DLC helms from vets and buying from the golden.

I don't really mind the shoulder RNG grind, as just running the dailies every day will eventually get you what you want. But the helms, without a dedicated Vet group, will basically not work for DLC zones. I can work on my rotation and be a good DD who doesn't stand in red, blocks, rolls, or interrupts when I can, but if the other players aren't prepared or understand the mechanics we don't get past the first boss.