The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Changes across the board are wrong, when classes aren't balanced properly

• master_vanargand
    master_vanargand
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    Necro going to be insane when they get 10% damage reduction for slotting flare, plus 10% for having a spirit out. Basically 20% mitigation just for being a Necro. IMHO they don't need that 10% from the spirit, and it's a little unfair the class with the highest self healing and potential burst damage has such a thing. Just my thought anyway.

Battle Spirit 12% + Slotting Flare 10% + Necro 10% = Super Tanky DPS.
    Oh my Sithis ... No one can kill Necro in PvP.
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I'm still not happy about flare. It seems people forgot about it because there was a big dumpster fire in Battle Spirit.
    I drink and I stream things.
    Twitch: DrSlaughtr
    YouTube: DrSlaughtr
    Facebook: DrSlaughtr
    Twitter: DrSlaughtr
    TikTok: DrSlaughtr
  • BohnT2
    BohnT2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Necro going to be insane when they get 10% damage reduction for slotting flare, plus 10% for having a spirit out. Basically 20% mitigation just for being a Necro. IMHO they don't need that 10% from the spirit, and it's a little unfair the class with the highest self healing and potential burst damage has such a thing. Just my thought anyway.

Has been the case for 2 years now, so no surprise here.
  • MrZeDark
    MrZeDark
    ✭✭✭
    If I take one thing from this, it's NERF NECROMANCER AND WARDEN IN PVP ONLY
  • BohnT2
    BohnT2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MrZeDark wrote: »

PvE ruined Magnb for PvP, therefore PvP can ruin necro and warden for PvE
  • BohnT2
    BohnT2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edited by BohnT2 on July 28, 2021 12:57PM
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BohnT2 wrote: »

[snip]

I know 5 people who only run magden. They put my stamden to shame and I'm pretty good on my stamden. The trick is the gear and the rotation isn't as simple. You can't just spam sub assault and spin to win.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on July 30, 2021 3:34PM
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Necromancer benefits the least from the changes. Diminishing returns on multiplicative % reductions are heavy.

On my magcro, with everything in the quoted post slotted, CP damage reduction, enabled, nets me 77% damage reduction. Removing Spirit Guardian (10%), only reduces my mitigation to 74%. So a 10% reduction nets me only 3% real mitigation, not worth using. The classes that will benefit are the non-tanky damage builds. They get free mitigation, and get more real world effect because they have fewer multiplicative sources of % damage reduction.

There are so many sources of % reduction in CP environments, that you might not even notice the changes.

You will notice in non-CP.
  • Jameson18
    Jameson18
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Stamden*

I know 5 people who only run magden. They put my stamden to shame and I'm pretty good on my stamden. The trick is the gear and the rotation isn't as simple. You can't just spam sub assault and spin to win.

Truth. For all classes.

Seems there's a growing populous of folks that don't understand that.
  • BohnT2
    BohnT2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    katorga wrote: »

Necromancer benefits the least from the changes. Diminishing returns on multiplicative % reductions are heavy.

On my magcro, with everything in the quoted post slotted, CP damage reduction, enabled, nets me 77% damage reduction. Removing Spirit Guardian (10%), only reduces my mitigation to 74%. So a 10% reduction nets me only 3% real mitigation, not worth using. The classes that will benefit are the non-tanky damage builds. They get free mitigation, and get more real world effect because they have fewer multiplicative sources of % damage reduction.

There are so many sources of % reduction in CP environments, that you might not even notice the changes.

You will notice in non-CP.

Yeah, you won't notice because you still won't die on necro just like this patch, and the patch before and the one before...
  • BohnT2
    BohnT2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Stamden*

If you do worse on a Stamden than a magden then the magden is just a way better player and there is no reason to say one does good on a stamden if he ever loses to a magden.
  • Trixterion
    Trixterion
    ✭✭
    katorga wrote: »
    Jazraena wrote: »
    Tragically, it feels like instead they bought fully into the Nightblades burst apart everyone meme as being the PvP Status Quo.

And the one shot Sorc build. :)

The problem is none of that is consistent and immutable. Sometimes a NB will burst me to zero. Other times they fail. Some times a bomber wrecks me, other times, I destroy the bomber. And so on.

The result on the forum? Posts about "too much burst" and posts about "players are too tanky".

ZOS picked burst and did a knee-jerk nerf.

But ZOS can't really make up their minds because the forums are contradictory, and already complaining about next patch's "Tank Meta".

So ZOS splits the difference with a slight increase to damage mitigation and a nerf to healing. Which basically cancel each other out (so why do anything at all?).

My take is permanent major breach and healing nerfs mean we stay with the insane burst builds tearing players apart meme.

LOL, even my younger brother who can't pvp at all and usually dies to any normal pvper can outlive and kill ganking NB in Imperial Sewers while running Sorc in full pve gear
  • spacefracking
    spacefracking
    ✭✭✭✭
    Eh, the balance is fine except for that busted one shot sorc build and troll tanks. Just gotta run some mitigation instead of running around in pve glass cannon gear.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Has been the case for 2 years now, so no surprise here.

Pretty much this. Don't they also have Deaden Pain that has 3% less damage taken for just being slotted + Major Protection for 2 seconds per corpse consumed while the heal is going on? Granted the duration is based around corpses, but they can spam some kills to just liter the ground with them or line things up perfectly.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Stamden*

If you do worse on a Stamden than a magden then the magden is just a way better player and there is no reason to say one does good on a stamden if he ever loses to a magden.

With respect, no. IF you put the work into magden and are willing to use more than 3 skills in your rotation, they WRECK people. The reason more don't use them (and some who do struggle) is because it requires effort and time. Stamden is easy mode. Anyone can run stamden with cheap gear right out of the box. But magden has a higher ceiling for damage and survivability. But again, it's not a slot and win build.

Plenty of current videos on YouTube showing magden whooping people in Cyro.
    Edited by DrSlaughtr on July 28, 2021 11:08PM
  • BohnT2
    BohnT2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Eh, the balance is fine except for that busted one shot sorc build and troll tanks. Just gotta run some mitigation instead of running around in pve glass cannon gear.

The balance between classes is fine if you take stamden and necromancers out of the picture, those 3 specs are overperforming and will continue to do so.
  • BohnT2
    BohnT2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Stamden*

With respect, no. IF you put the work into magden and are willing to use more than 3 skills in your rotation, they WRECK people. The reason more don't use them (and some who do struggle) is because it requires effort and time. Stamden is easy mode. Anyone can run stamden with cheap gear right out of the box. But magden has a higher ceiling for damage and survivability. But again, it's not a slot and win build.

I won't have this discussion, if you believe magden is better in any way than stamden I'm sorry but I just can't help you and I won't waste my time to explain it because it is obvious to anyone who has ever played both of those specs or has basic understanding of the game.
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Stamden*

I won't have this discussion, if you believe magden is better in any way than stamden I'm sorry but I just can't help you and I won't waste my time to explain it because it is obvious to anyone who has ever played both of those specs or has basic understanding of the game.

I never said it was "better." But yes, someone who plays it more than once a month and puts the work in can destroy stamdens on their mag warden along with anyone else they come across.
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Stamden*

I never said it was "better." But yes, someone who plays it more than once a month and puts the work in can destroy stamdens on their mag warden along with anyone else they come across.

maybe in low mmr.
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I watched my buddy over the weekend drop down into a full group on the inner door. No help. Hit storm and wiped em in 15 seconds. I recognized the names. They weren't slouches.

I don't have any way to share his videos or I would.

Point is, they are harder to use and take A LOT of practice but they can murder with the best of them in the right hands. Now if you wanna argue that should be as easy as Stam, well that's a different conservation.
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I watched my buddy over the weekend drop down into a full group on the inner door. No help. Hit storm and wiped em in 15 seconds. I recognized the names. They weren't slouches.

Point is, they are harder to use and take A LOT of practice but they can murder with the best of them in the right hands. Now if you wanna argue that should be as easy as Stam, well that's a different conservation.

i'd like to see him try to survive any type of mild punishment.
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭

He had 12 people attacking him...
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

they must have been really bad. unless he was getting heals from a healer there's no way you can live 12 semi competent people on a magden. that's just not how this patch works.
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭

they must have been really bad. unless he was getting heals from a healer there's no way you can live 12 semi competent people on a magden. that's just not how this patch works.

He heals himself. You can see YouTube videos of people doing the exact same thing. Just because you can't do it doesn't mean it's impossible, ya know?

He wears pariah. I don't know what light set he wears. It's not a build I'm interested in. The only mag character I run is templar.

It's the old "I'm in light armor so I just get killed." It's not really true. You just have to be ready to work hard if you get surrounded or work hard to keep at range.

But honestly he fights mostly in melee anyway because he's a crazy person. Does he die? We all die. But this idea that no one can run magden in Cyro isn't really true. It's not like we're talking about magdk.
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

He heals himself. You can see YouTube videos of people doing the exact same thing. Just because you can't do it doesn't mean it's impossible, ya know?

He wears pariah. I don't know what light set he wears. It's not a build I'm interested in. The only mag character I run is templar.

It's the old "I'm in light armor so I just get killed." It's not really true. You just have to be ready to work hard if you get surrounded or work hard to keep at range.

But honestly he fights mostly in melee anyway because he's a crazy person. Does he die? We all die. But this idea that no one can run magden in Cyro isn't really true. It's not like we're talking about magdk.

not even vampire pariah helps you to survive on magicka warden since your burst healing is too awful. i don't believe he didn't have outside help to live against 12 people unless they were really bad.
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭

not even vampire pariah helps you to survive on magicka warden since your burst healing is too awful. i don't believe he didn't have outside help to live against 12 people unless they were really bad.

Burst healing is awful? Lol. You got multiple burst heals that one crit can fill you up. Plus you can drop hots, which he does.

Believe what you want.
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Burst healing is awful? Lol. You got multiple burst heals that one crit can fill you up. Plus you can drop hots, which he does.

Believe what you want.

i'll believe what i see and have seen for a long time. trellis, blast and shrooms don't burst heal for very much at all, budding seeds is incredibly buggy and takes too long to burst heal yourself even if you spam it, when it is then prone to bugs and lag, being forced to use resto means your blocking will suck and your best burst heal becomes blessing of restoration. trees's burst heal is alright but it's not as much as a single necro/templar/sorc burst heal even though it's on a 90 cost ultimate. you can't use annulment because it's too awful even with incredibly high max magicka.
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Believe what you want.

i'll believe what i see and have seen for a long time. trellis, blast and shrooms don't burst heal for very much at all, budding seeds is incredibly buggy and takes too long to burst heal yourself even if you spam it, when it is then prone to bugs and lag, being forced to use resto means your blocking will suck and your best burst heal becomes blessing of restoration. trees's burst heal is alright but it's not as much as a single necro/templar/sorc burst heal even though it's on a 90 cost ultimate. you can't use annulment because it's too awful even with incredibly high max magicka.

That's just not true about arctic. On a magden with 45k healing with passives that thing is just as strong as honor the dead.

Hell, I just checked my magden defile tank. 28k mag. Trash spell damage. I critted 18k on my arctic. Base it was still 13k.

Please, just go on YouTube and search magden pvp and watch them murder people. It's not an easy build but it can rock people.
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Believe what you want.

That's just not true about arctic. On a magden with 45k healing with passives that thing is just as strong as honor the dead.

Hell, I just checked my magden defile tank. 28k mag. Trash spell damage. I critted 18k on my arctic. Base it was still 13k.

Please, just go on YouTube and search magden pvp and watch them murder people. It's not an easy build but it can rock people.

the more you funnel into health just to get a good heal, the more your damage takes a hit, that's just a fact. you cannot balance being a full hp tank with being a damage dealer unless you're fighting bad players. good luck trying to fight good players with that.
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Believe what you want.

the more you funnel into health just to get a good heal, the more your damage takes a hit, that's just a fact. you cannot balance being a full hp tank with being a damage dealer unless you're fighting bad players. good luck trying to fight good players with that.

I have an example of what I can do on a 35k magden tank with no CP healing slots.

A 45k mag magden blows my heals out if the water. You can easily full heal from 1% with a crit arctic.