The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Racing to complete anything

• YstradClud
    YstradClud
    ✭✭✭✭
    Quite the opposite for me being in a completely different part of the world to almost everyone on the server. We were running all the scrolls in Cyrodiil completely unhindered last night because there simply was no one else in there.
  • Klad
    Klad
    ✭✭✭✭
    egood1225 wrote: »
    I don't know if this is a bug report per se, but over the last week, I have had severe problems trying to complete any quests or do anything. Whenever in the game and trying to follow-up on a quest or complete anything, there are many other players racing throughout the game and interfering with anything I try to do. I have entered delves and had many other players race past me and kill everything in the area -- I don't know if they're working on the same quest or are simply fighting anything they see. As a result, I am left to wait for the system to reset and the creatures to respawn. In addition, these other people racing around causes many creatures to rush me and attack - and I have died many times because of this. 90% of the areas I have gone to I have seen other people racing in and passing me by and finishing the quest. This is no longer an Elder Scrolls game, but instead a waste of my time. I have seem other players block elements (NPC's) of the game and make it impossible for me to complete anything. At this point I am strongly considering requesting a refund for the price I paid for this. I would greatly appreciate someone from Bethesda to issue me a full refund for the price I paid for game. The interference and behavior of other players has made this game unplayable.

If you are on console god have mercy on your soul, but if you are on PC...

Do like I do...don't race around. I read my quest I don't run unless I'm being chased (you would be amazed what other folks miss while running) and I report/mute douchenozzles that interfere with my game. I am on a chat channel that isn't public and I just ignore the folks running around it's their choice.

In Conan the barbarian Conan and Subotai ran everywhere they had to they had no mounts and if you want to be able to swing that 30 pound broadsword for more the five minutes, you better do some cardio.

ESO has two communities; those who play the game like a Pachinko machine and those who play the game like an Elder Scrolls game. Both are okay, and the Dnozzles usually only show up when WoW or SWTOR is down
    Edited by Klad on July 28, 2021 4:52PM
  • nightstrike
    nightstrike
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For those who say "just wait for a boss to respawn", note that often it takes ten to fifteen minutes for a respawn. It appears to me that bosses only forcibly respawn when someone with a quest enters the dungeon, not when you walk near the boss area with a quest. So it can take quite a long time. The worst is any cyrodiil delve, where I've waited over 20 minutes regularly for spawns.

To those saying "just hit the boss once and get credit", to that I say, do you consider that "fun"? Is ESO just about participation trophies? We pay an enormous amount of money for a large amount of content and lore. Bypassing it on forced autopilot isn't exactly exciting or captivating. There is a certain feeling of accomplishment when you complete difficult content yourself as intended than when you just watch someone else do it and pick up the reward afterward like you're a henchman carrying the bag of holding.

My solution to these problems is to play off hours. It mostly works.
    Warning: This signature is tiny!
  • moo_2021
    moo_2021
    ✭✭✭✭
    To those saying "just hit the boss once and get credit", to that I say, do you consider that "fun"? Is ESO just about participation trophies?

If I see a boss about to die I'd rush to hit it.

I don't have to get the achievement, but sometimes there are important stuff in their corpses. Do you know how many large and small bosses I had to kill repeatedly to get the ring of pale order? There were even fights where I had zero chance and died repeatedly until other players did it.
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For those who say "just wait for a boss to respawn", note that often it takes ten to fifteen minutes for a respawn. It appears to me that bosses only forcibly respawn when someone with a quest enters the dungeon, not when you walk near the boss area with a quest. So it can take quite a long time. The worst is any cyrodiil delve, where I've waited over 20 minutes regularly for spawns.

From my 5+ years of experience, regular overland delve bosses respawn instantly if a character that's never been in said delve comes into their spawn area. And, they seem to take around 5min to respawn if you're farming them, which I have done many, many times.
    Cyro delves are different; I've heard theories about there only being one boss up at a time - I too have waited a long time for certain bosses to spawn. I think they're coded that way to "increase the risk" as far as PVP is concerned.
    x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017.
    Melbourne Australia - the land of Potato Internet.WTB ESO OCEANIC SERVER
  • nightstrike
    nightstrike
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stating how long it's been since you've registered doesn't make your statement correct. I have empirical evidence to the contrary.
    Warning: This signature is tiny!
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    CP500+ Already/most likely has the "ACHIEVEMENT", how about letting me earn my, that's the point.

He/She doesn't need them, so why be a nut and steal my work??

Oh, because you can at warp speed while I'm still at Lv1 speed....
    See, here's the thing: You're assuming these other people who are just doing the same as you and playing the game somehow have ANY way of knowing what YOUR intent in any given area is. You're acting like people should just somehow know you don't have any given achievement, or just sit out content they want to take part in simply because you're already doing it, but that's NOT how it works. You're also assuming other players already have these achievements or whatever. For all you know they might not have any given achievement. CP doesn't mean anything aside from how long and/or often you've been playing. People can get to higher CP just doing things like questing and doing daily crafting writs, so you honestly have no way of gauging what content a person has or hasn't done just because they have a large amount of CP.

I'm sorry but this is an MMO. If it's not a solo instance, then it's not "your" work when it comes to doing Dolmens, public dungeons, or other overland content. It's the work of whoever comes upon what's going on and decides to take part. If people taking part in the same content at the same time as you bothers you, then maybe MMOs aren't for you.
    Character List [RP and PvE]:
    Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
    Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
    Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Arunei wrote: »
    CP500+ Already/most likely has the "ACHIEVEMENT", how about letting me earn my, that's the point.

See, here's the thing: You're assuming these other people who are just doing the same as you and playing the game somehow have ANY way of knowing what YOUR intent in any given area is. You're acting like people should just somehow know you don't have any given achievement, or just sit out content they want to take part in simply because you're already doing it, but that's NOT how it works. You're also assuming other players already have these achievements or whatever. For all you know they might not have any given achievement. CP doesn't mean anything aside from how long and/or often you've been playing. People can get to higher CP just doing things like questing and doing daily crafting writs, so you honestly have no way of gauging what content a person has or hasn't done just because they have a large amount of CP.

I'm sorry but this is an MMO. If it's not a solo instance, then it's not "your" work when it comes to doing Dolmens, public dungeons, or other overland content. It's the work of whoever comes upon what's going on and decides to take part. If people taking part in the same content at the same time as you bothers you, then maybe MMOs aren't for you.

Agree, also I don't have a working crystal ball, so I don't know if that person at the dolmen that I want to do for FG dailies is chasing a specific achievement. If the dolmen is up I will join in. Same with world bosses etc. Delves I go into LA mode if I see other people in there but things will go down quickly. On console I don't have dressing room to quickly swap to being naked or lower powered gear, so I tend to run around in my usual trial gear
    Soupy twist
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know if this is a bug report per se, but over the last week, I have had severe problems trying to complete any quests or do anything. Whenever in the game and trying to follow-up on a quest or complete anything, there are many other players racing throughout the game and interfering with anything I try to do. I have entered delves and had many other players race past me and kill everything in the area -- I don't know if they're working on the same quest or are simply fighting anything they see. As a result, I am left to wait for the system to reset and the creatures to respawn. In addition, these other people racing around causes many creatures to rush me and attack - and I have died many times because of this. 90% of the areas I have gone to I have seen other people racing in and passing me by and finishing the quest. This is no longer an Elder Scrolls game, but instead a waste of my time. I have seem other players block elements (NPC's) of the game and make it impossible for me to complete anything. At this point I am strongly considering requesting a refund for the price I paid for this. I would greatly appreciate someone from Bethesda to issue me a full refund for the price I paid for game. The interference and behavior of other players has made this game unplayable.
    Unfortunately, only main quests and guild quests happen in solo instances (as well as some of the chapter ending quests). The only way to make game experience better in the other parts of the game is to play in off hours.

There is no need to assume anything. If somebody has done a dolmen solo, it is bad and even evil move to take pinion. For geysers, for example, that doesn't matter, as there is no achievement, but for dolmens it matters.
    The Three Storm Sharks, episode 8 released on january the 8th.
    One mer to rule them all,
    one mer to find them,
    One mer to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them.
  • Tra_Lalan
    Tra_Lalan
    ✭✭✭✭
    MMORPG is a reflection of human behaviour . Some of the players just dont care about others and only think about themselfs. Running through delves and beeing to lazy to kill mobs, killing delve bosses without waiting for other players that were just behind you, leaving opened chests with one item inside - its just beeing rude and selfish. However it will happen, because some of people just act this way.

If you want to avoid other players interrupting your game expierience, go to zones that are less populated. Avoid Southern and Norhtern Elsweyr, because they are currently full of people due the ongoing event.
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Olauron wrote: »
    There is no need to assume anything. If somebody has done a dolmen solo, it is bad and even evil move to take pinion. For geysers, for example, that doesn't matter, as there is no achievement, but for dolmens it matters.
    Um...except it isn't? It's not bad, wrong, evil, or anything like that. Are people just supposed to sit out content for YOU, when they have no idea whether you have any given achievement or not? Are they supposed to avoid content other people are doing at any given time? To me this sound awfully selfish and entitled, it's saying no one else has the right to content simply because you were there first. With this sort of logic most people would never even get to DO content, because a lot of the time someone else is there doing it.

If you don't like playing a game where the main concept is playing alongside a lot of other people, then again, MMOs are NOT for you. Content doesn't belong to whoever gets there first, or to whoever needs any given achievement. It belongs to everyone who paid for the game. If you honestly think other people taking part in any given content alongside you makes them "evil", I'd also say you miiiiight want to step back and actually reconsider that.

There are other things in this game that are indeed rude, such as people doing group dungeons and zooming off without bothering to wait for the other people in their group. But other people simply doing content with you? Especially when they have no idea of who else has done this or that, or what a person is after? No, that's just other people playing the game.

Character List [RP and PvE]:
    Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
    Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
    Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Um...except it isn't? It's not bad, wrong, evil, or anything like that. Are people just supposed to sit out content for YOU, when they have no idea whether you have any given achievement or not? Are they supposed to avoid content other people are doing at any given time? To me this sound awfully selfish and entitled, it's saying no one else has the right to content simply because you were there first. With this sort of logic most people would never even get to DO content, because a lot of the time someone else is there doing it.

If you don't like playing a game where the main concept is playing alongside a lot of other people, then again, MMOs are NOT for you. Content doesn't belong to whoever gets there first, or to whoever needs any given achievement. It belongs to everyone who paid for the game. If you honestly think other people taking part in any given content alongside you makes them "evil", I'd also say you miiiiight want to step back and actually reconsider that.
    No, it is bad and evil, because another person has already done all the work of clearing the dolmen, and a bonus to the achievement "how many pinions are taken" is his by the right of doing this work. Taking this just from his nose while doing nothing is not "playing alongside". It is stealing the credit for the work done. I would not want to be near such person not only in a game, but also in real life, as his moral health is questionable.
    one mer to find them,
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

No, it is bad and evil, because another person has already done all the work of clearing the dolmen, and a bonus to the achievement "how many pinions are taken" is his by the right of doing this work. Taking this just from his nose while doing nothing is not "playing alongside". It is stealing the credit for the work done. I would not want to be near such person not only in a game, but also in real life, as his moral health is questionable.

Ummm...no.

Not evil. Not immoral. They could just have been the only person there, not achievement hunting. How is another person turning up supposed to know? Also how about that person turning up also has things to do. Why is person 1 more entitled than person 2 to complete their activity
    Soupy twist
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fizl101 wrote: »

Ummm...no.

Not evil. Not immoral. They could just have been the only person there, not achievement hunting. How is another person turning up supposed to know? Also how about that person turning up also has things to do. Why is person 1 more entitled than person 2 to complete their activity

Person 1 is more entitled to take the pinion for the achievement, because person 1 has already killed all the waves at this dolmen. Taking the pinion from him is just like taking the premium payment from the employer for the work that is already done by another employee.
    one mer to find them,
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ummm...no.

Person 1 is more entitled to take the pinion for the achievement, because person 1 has already killed all the waves at this dolmen. Taking the pinion from him is just like taking the premium payment from the employer for the work that is already done by another employee.

Pinions count towards participation for a dolmen. If you pop a pinion you will get the rewards at the end so if you run up to dolmen, can't get any hits in on the NPCs, and are like... melee range only, the only way to get your piece of the pie is to pop the pinion or camp the boss drop in spot and try to land a hit in.

This has nothing to do with the achievement, and if you care about that achievement you'd do what I did and camp the pinion corners and pop them when they light up. Popping the pinions also gives resources so it's encouraged to activate them as they come up to continue your assault on the anchor.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vevvev wrote: »

Ummm...no.

Pinions count towards participation for a dolmen. If you pop a pinion you will get the rewards at the end so if you run up to dolmen, can't get any hits in on the NPCs, and are like... melee range only, the only way to get your piece of the pie is to pop the pinion or camp the boss drop in spot and try to land a hit in.

This has nothing to do with the achievement, and if you care about that achievement you'd do what I did and camp the pinion corners and pop them when they light up. Popping the pinions also gives resources so it's encouraged to activate them as they come up to continue your assault on the anchor.

Yes, I know that they count towards participation. That is the reason why it is OK to do this at geysers (and I will even give a chance for somebody else to take the pearl, if it is the only chance for a newcomer to get the participation). But at dolmens achievement for somebody who done the work is more important than participation for somebody who was not participating.
    one mer to find them,
  • moo_2021
    moo_2021
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tra_Lalan wrote: »
    Running through delves and beeing to lazy to kill mobs, killing delve bosses without waiting for other players that were just behind you, leaving opened chests with one item inside - its just beeing rude and selfish.

agree with the rest but how is not killing mobs a problem to anyone?

You go there, all mobs running away from you and when you encounter them they're already running backwards and not bothering with you. Nice isn't it?
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Ummm...no.

Agreed. I don't have a crystal ball. I've seen people with less CP have the achievements completed and I've seen people in the upper 900's that don't. Dolmens are a public event whether or not how much progress you do, or they do. It's also pretty telling how something so trivial elicits the whole unnecessary "their moral health is questionable" statement, when it's just that; a public event. There's three dolmens per large zone in the base game omitting Craglorn. There are plenty of pinions to poke and it's not that big of a deal.

As far as the OP goes, if there's a high player density around my quest objective — I usually wait. A perfect example of this are the Northern Elsweyr dragons (I don't have Southern Elsweyr because I stopped ESO+). I loiter in the zone to check the timing of each dragon and plan accordingly. The moment when two dragons go down at the same time is when I stop. I don't get mad that the rotation was broken, I simply go do something else. While I can find a lot wrong within ESO, this is probably the least problematic.
  • Its_MySniff
    Its_MySniff
    ✭✭✭
    I have about 1540cp or so. I have several characters that don't have the pinion achievement or whatever it's called. I can imagine some wonder why is that guy closing them. On my so called main, I usually wait and let the othe player close all points. Usually in a delve or Public Dungeon I'll face the door or hallway and watch for approaching players while holding block. In a PD, another player may be killing mobs, searching for loot or afk. I won't hold aggro forever. I've had a few colorful whispers because the boss died on the players approach. I don't fret over what others do as much as I once did. I go with the flow or take another path.
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    re: Dolmens

And then, of course, there's the people who have no idea there's any significance to the glowy things other than "need to hit them to advance the event". I certainly had no idea - I usually run around triggering nearby ones, just because I happen to be free at the time. Thought I was helping. /shrug
  • LannStone
    LannStone
    ✭✭✭✭
    If somebody has done a dolmen solo, it is bad and even evil move to take pinion.

I've been playing three years, and this is the first time I was aware there was any special achievement related to taking the pinions, other than restoring attributes. So there's that as well ...
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    LannStone wrote: »
    If somebody has done a dolmen solo, it is bad and even evil move to take pinion.

I've been playing three years, and this is the first time I was aware there was any special achievement related to taking the pinions, other than restoring attributes. So there's that as well ...

Same I had no idea there was an achievement for that,had to look it up now after reading this...
    Edited by Lady_Galadhiel on July 30, 2021 6:33PM
    Total ESO playtime: 8325 hours
    ESO plus status: Cancelled
    ESO currently uninstalled.
  • Its_MySniff
    Its_MySniff
    ✭✭✭
    If you activate 100 you get the chain breaker achievement. 10 whole wopping points. Nice to finish I think.
  • MagmaFerret
    MagmaFerret
    ✭✭
    Fennwitty wrote: »
    Can't help with most of that, but as far as getting caught in other people's pulls ...

This game doesn't really allow aggro to chain from one person to the next if you don't engage the enemy.

Someone could pull the entire dungeon next to you. But when that person disappears or dies, as long as you didn't interact with them they're running right back to their spawn points.

My Main runs with Bastion as a Companion. I've occasionally seen him attack a pulled enemy while I've been fighting my own mob. I don't know if this is a weird targeting issue where I actually accidentally targeted that enemy and Bastion picked up on it (I've been targeting an enemy but actually killed a rat before), or a function of the Companion system. It's annoying, but I've only ever been mad about it because something IRL already pissed me off and I hadn't cooled down yet.

I've played since pre-release, and knew that there were achievements for the dolmen bosses, but not for the pinions...

While I understand your frustrations, and I know this isn't a full fix, but perhaps putting a shout in Zone chat like "Trying to solo [blank] dolmen, please don't join" could help? It doesn't stop people from joining, but it might reduce the instances of people "stealing" pinions?
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I understand your frustrations, and I know this isn't a full fix, but perhaps putting a shout in Zone chat like "Trying to solo [blank] dolmen, please don't join" could help? It doesn't stop people from joining, but it might reduce the instances of people "stealing" pinions?

Or, just focus on a less popular zone for Dolmen farming, and get your Chainbreaker achievement there. Greenshade comes to mind.
  • MagmaFerret
    MagmaFerret
    ✭✭

Or, just focus on a less popular zone for Dolmen farming, and get your Chainbreaker achievement there. Greenshade comes to mind.

This might be wandering into off-topic territory, but does the Chainbreaker achievement even require you to solo the dolmens, or is it just 100 cumulative pinions? Because if it's just cumulative, then the whole dolmen side of this thread's conversation is pretty much null. Most dolmens I've joined in on, people are too busy focusing on the enemies and ignoring the pinions.
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This might be wandering into off-topic territory, but does the Chainbreaker achievement even require you to solo the dolmens, or is it just 100 cumulative pinions? Because if it's just cumulative, then the whole dolmen side of this thread's conversation is pretty much null. Most dolmens I've joined in on, people are too busy focusing on the enemies and ignoring the pinions.

You just have to activate the pinions. It doesn't matter who else is there.
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Shouting in a zone is asking for trolls to come and ruin everything. Without a shout there is a high chance that trolls don't know about you.
    Also, this is not about wanting to do a dolmen solo. It is about already completing a dolmen solo. There is nothing wrong when a person who participated by killing the daedra uses a pinion. It is wrong when a person not participating just takes the pinion.
    one mer to find them,
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to always click the pinions at dolmens until recently someone in the group said " Don't click the pinions until all the mobs are gone or we miss out on experience." So now I don't.
    PCNA
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have heard that leaving the pinions active till the waves are done increases the chances of a named boss (which also contributes to an achievement) but I don't know if that is really true.