The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Racing to complete anything

egood1225
egood1225
Soul Shriven
I don't know if this is a bug report per se, but over the last week, I have had severe problems trying to complete any quests or do anything. Whenever in the game and trying to follow-up on a quest or complete anything, there are many other players racing throughout the game and interfering with anything I try to do. I have entered delves and had many other players race past me and kill everything in the area -- I don't know if they're working on the same quest or are simply fighting anything they see. As a result, I am left to wait for the system to reset and the creatures to respawn. In addition, these other people racing around causes many creatures to rush me and attack - and I have died many times because of this. 90% of the areas I have gone to I have seen other people racing in and passing me by and finishing the quest. This is no longer an Elder Scrolls game, but instead a waste of my time. I have seem other players block elements (NPC's) of the game and make it impossible for me to complete anything. At this point I am strongly considering requesting a refund for the price I paid for this. I would greatly appreciate someone from Bethesda to issue me a full refund for the price I paid for game. The interference and behavior of other players has made this game unplayable.
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    egood1225 wrote: »
    This is no longer an Elder Scrolls game, but instead a waste of my time. ... The interference and behavior of other players has made this game unplayable.

Unfortunately, the whole "racing around, killing stuff as fast as possible" is pretty standard MMO behavior. And since this is an Elder Scrolls MMO...

(and yeah - other people "interfering" with what you're trying to do is also par for the course in most open-world multiplayer games.)

While it has lots of solo-able content, this is not a single-player game. You can't expect the same things you would of an SP game. That's just the way it is.
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You want to submit a ticked if you want a refund. The forums are not the place for this.

My experience is that people usually only crowd new zones or places where an event is happening (like Elsweyr right now).

Outside of that, delves and questing areas are mostly peaceful.

So maybe you should try the main story quest rather than Blackwood, for example?
    The Moot Councillor
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can ask for a refund via ticket submitted on a website, not a forum. Would depend on time played but doable if you just started.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Most quest related enemies respawn quickly if someone with the quest is in the area, so I don't see the issues. Overland mobs are really easy to kill even without set gear and CP so it's not the other player's fault that you get killed by them. I don't see what bothers you.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Cendrillion21
    Cendrillion21
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're in Elsweyr this will settle down considerably after the event is over (August 3rd). Blackwood is still fairly busy, some of us haven't finished the quests there but we will.

If this is happening in other areas then it's just mmo-ing as usual. I like to take my time with content but I'm in the minority.
    Campos de oro
  • waterfairy
    waterfairy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    welcome to MMO
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can't help with most of that, but as far as getting caught in other people's pulls ...

This game doesn't really allow aggro to chain from one person to the next if you don't engage the enemy.

Someone could pull the entire dungeon next to you. But when that person disappears or dies, as long as you didn't interact with them they're running right back to their spawn points.

Only if you're still in range of an enemy that just spawned would they then see you at all.

This changes if you attack those monsters or heal their target. They will then turn attention to you.

If a swarm of monsters chases a player past you, ignore them. Keep walking. Only when a monster returns to its spawn location will it look for a new target in range.

You can get accidentally caught in flying AOE attacks from enemies chasing someone else but collateral damage from a non-boss is rarely enough to kill you outright.
    Edited by Fennwitty on July 26, 2021 4:19PM
    PC NA
  • jssriot
    jssriot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fennwitty wrote: »
    Can't help with most of that, but as far as getting caught in other people's pulls ...

This game doesn't really allow aggro to chain from one person to the next if you don't engage the enemy.

There are a lot of situations where someone is racing through and pulls adds that can then aggro on you, especially in deles with a lot of players coming in and adds respawning a lot and players fighting, etc. Mechanics intended to work in simple situations don't always perform the same in chaos.

Edited by jssriot on July 26, 2021 4:49PM
    PC-NA since 2015. Tired and unimpressed.
  • Blackskyszz
    Blackskyszz
    ✭✭✭
    Okay, this post gave me a good laugh.

It's a MMO...
  • jssriot
    jssriot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To the OP:

Unfortunately MMOs do not work the same as singleplayer games, and while there is definitely a lot of obnoxious behavior in MMOs that warrants criticism, the plain reality is you have to deal with is that in a "live" mulitplayer game, we play on an universal clock and not on your own personal clock. By that I mean, you often can't play at your own leisure in public areas. Other people are there doing whatever they are doing and sometimes they are trying to complete at thing quickly for a number of reasons. An example is reset times for dailies or maybe someone has a guild event scheduled in the next 15 minutes, or whatever. You simply have to deal with that, or don't play MMOs. And judging by your post, it doesn't seem MMOs are for you and that's fine. This is why I always tell people who are fans of singleplayer TES games that this is more of an MMO than other TES games.
    PC-NA since 2015. Tired and unimpressed.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not a bug that other players are in the same area as you, doing the same quest as you, and happen to be faster at killing enemies than you are.

ESO is an MMORPG - Massively Multiplayer.

Now, if you want a refund on ESO because having other players around is not to your taste, I suggest you start a request with Support: https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/48054/~/whom-should-i-contact-about-billing-issues?

However, I suspect that this seems like a bigger issue than it is due to inexperience. It's not possible to have a singleplayer experience in an MMO, but the vast majority of players you see running around have successfully leveled up and completed quests in exactly the same sort of environment you are struggling with now. Many of those of us who came to ESO from Skyrim and other singleplayer games, like me, have learned to play and share the quest spaces with others. The more you play, the more you'll get comfortable with questing with other people around.

Admittedly, this is just my experience. But I came to ESO from Skyrim, and I was initially pretty overwhelmed by playing with other people I didn't know IRL. Years later, I just shrug when I get to a delve where someone's cleared the way ahead of me. I've learned that enemies will respawn fast enough and it's no bad thing to see other adventurers around.

If you are willing to give it a shot, I strongly encourage you to give ESO a longer go of it. It's not a singleplayer TES game, but that doesn't mean it isn't a excellent game in its own right.
    Edited by VaranisArano on July 26, 2021 5:09PM
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In addition, these other people racing around causes many creatures to rush me and attack - and I have died many times because of this.

This isn't quite accurate. I understand it's your perception, but this isn't how that mechanic works.

(Ignoring bosses for a moment), when an enemy picks a target, it won't change targets unless someone else attacks it. So, what you're seeing are monsters rushing towards you, but they won't, actually attack (in most cases), unless you attack them. So, when you see someone running from a chain of monsters, don't touch them. They'll leash back on their own soon enough. If you do attack them, then they'll start fighting you (or leash immediately, it depends on how far they are from home.)
  • Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah well he/she saw a video saying it was an online RPG...so he didn't know it was an MMO I guess, right?
    Edited by Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo on July 26, 2021 6:26PM
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    People race to finish the daily chores because there are dragons in their homeland and this week they count towards endeavors :D
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In addition, these other people racing around causes many creatures to rush me and attack - and I have died many times because of this.

This isn't quite accurate. I understand it's your perception, but this isn't how that mechanic works.

(Ignoring bosses for a moment), when an enemy picks a target, it won't change targets unless someone else attacks it. So, what you're seeing are monsters rushing towards you, but they won't, actually attack (in most cases), unless you attack them. So, when you see someone running from a chain of monsters, don't touch them. They'll leash back on their own soon enough. If you do attack them, then they'll start fighting you (or leash immediately, it depends on how far they are from home.)
    This, some just run trough delves typical but tankier builds can do this in public dungeons run towards skyshard / boss / quest objective, mobs chasing them and then turn back so if lots of mobs runs towards you some is tanking them, you can fight them if you want or just sprint after them. Now you might pull enemies the other did not as many moves and you follow another path.
    Delve bosses will always spawn if you never killed the boss before, you however need to notice the boss and get in an hit before its killed.

Now the northern Elseweyr dragons often require long rides and so many farm them it will be hard to get in an hit if you have an <60 speed horse and the pvp horse speed buff. If so do delve quests or simply wait in one area.
    Because the kill 30 dragons weekly rewards many focus on killing dragons.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • paulychan
    paulychan
    ✭✭✭✭
    wild hunt I a super fun item. speed running overland is great
  • Ken_Koerperich
    Ken_Koerperich
    ✭✭✭
    I understand that it's "Public", but when you got people who are CP500+ speeding through ONLY to kill the bosses, and leave you standing around holding your johnston, it becomes very annoying....

In Overland, it's the "bots" who rush past you while you are clearing mobs to reach a NODE and that dip___ takes "said" node....Peeves the snot out of me...

In Overland, you're trying to clear an area, and some CP500+ blows through dragging mobs EXACTLY when you blast an AOE and now you've got 5x the mobs density to deal w/, and you're almost out of stamina, as you're a low level/new player....Annoying....

In Overland, you're SOLOING a Dohlmen, you've killed all the waves, and now are trying to click the "diamond" thingies, and come waffle runs in at warp speed and steals 3 of the 4, smashed the "boss" part in one hit, and then steals the last one from you.....ANNOYING!

List goes on...yeah I know, it's PUBLIC and an MMO, but "said" behavior shouldn't be happening....Respect should be given to someone who did a majority of the work....

In dungeons, you see the "new" guy going/coming into the "same" boss, don't just smash it, let him get a hit so he doesn't have to stand there idle. You know, it's actually wasting my XP scrolls....and my time...

I get it, but I don't condone one ounce of what I've seen so far....
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is why we need an option for 500+ CP players to not aggro overland/delves/public dungeon mobs, unless attacked ofcourse.

Personally it feels bad for me too, whenever I run past someone. Simply because I kill and/or move quicker. But it feels even worse when I try to kill everything, which I always do, and someone runs past me dragging everything behind them.
  • RisenEclipse
    RisenEclipse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trust me, there are far worse MMOs out there that allow players to actually make things impossible to do. Such as WoW with their allowing people to kill quest related NPCs. Honestly I've never had a problem with ESO. If I'm in a delve and someone happens to beat me to a boss I'll just wait for it to respawn. But I'm not going to get angry with it lol that wasn't MY boss. It's everyone's boss. If you don't want everyone killing mobs or bosses around you and playing the solo content at whatever pace they want, then perhaps an MMO just isn't for you.
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings!

Recently, we've had to remove a few posts for Baiting and Rude Comments, content that is against the Community Rules.
    • Rude and Insulting Comments: We understand that sometimes tempers rise, but it is never acceptable to resort to rude comments and insults. This goes for rude comments and insults directed at other community members, and ZeniMax Online Studios employees alike.
    • Trolling or Baiting: The act of trolling is defined as something that is created for the intent to provoke conflict, shock others, or to elicit a strong negative or emotional reaction. It’s okay and very normal to disagree with others, and even to debate, but provoking conflict, baiting, inciting, mocking, etc. is never acceptable in the official The Elder Scrolls Online community. If you do not have something constructive or meaningful to add to a discussion, we strongly recommend you refrain from posting in that thread, and find another discussion to participate in instead. It is also not constructive or helpful to publicly call out others and accuse them of trolling, or call them a troll—please refrain from doing so. If you genuinely believe someone is trolling, please report the post or thread to the ESO Team, and leave it at that.
    For further posts be sure to stay constructive and respectful to avoid thread derailment.

Thank you for understanding.
    Staff Post
  • Pevey
    Pevey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I understand that it's "Public", but when you got people who are CP500+ speeding through ONLY to kill the bosses, and leave you standing around holding your johnston, it becomes very annoying....

In Overland, it's the "bots" who rush past you while you are clearing mobs to reach a NODE and that dip___ takes "said" node....Peeves the snot out of me...

In Overland, you're trying to clear an area, and some CP500+ blows through dragging mobs EXACTLY when you blast an AOE and now you've got 5x the mobs density to deal w/, and you're almost out of stamina, as you're a low level/new player....Annoying....

In Overland, you're SOLOING a Dohlmen, you've killed all the waves, and now are trying to click the "diamond" thingies, and come waffle runs in at warp speed and steals 3 of the 4, smashed the "boss" part in one hit, and then steals the last one from you.....ANNOYING!

List goes on...yeah I know, it's PUBLIC and an MMO, but "said" behavior shouldn't be happening....Respect should be given to someone who did a majority of the work....

In dungeons, you see the "new" guy going/coming into the "same" boss, don't just smash it, let him get a hit so he doesn't have to stand there idle. You know, it's actually wasting my XP scrolls....and my time...

I’m not sure I understand the real issue here. You’re mad because you didn’t get to be the one to click all the pinions at a dolmen. Someone else swooped in and “stole” them from you? You will get the exact same rewards. I think a multi-player game is maybe just not for you.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pevey wrote: »

I’m not sure I understand the real issue here. You’re mad because you didn’t get to be the one to click all the pinions at a dolmen. Someone else swooped in and “stole” them from you? You will get the exact same rewards. I think a multi-player game is maybe just not for you.

I think you missed the gist of their comment. Just because it's a multiplayer game doesn't mean that players can't be civil and courteous to each other.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • moo_2021
    moo_2021
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is no longer an Elder Scrolls game, but instead a waste of my time. I have seem other players block elements (NPC's) of the game and make it impossible for me to complete anything.

Are you playing your first character?

There are a lot of racing because many players are no longer on the first character and not interested in the quest contents they did previously. I rush or cloak through old delves just for skyshards and killing bosses to turn the delve mark white.

You could pick a different time or less popular zone. EU server is very quiet in the morning to the point you wouldn't be able to do random normal dungeon.

I think the problem could be reduced significantly if we can just change class instead of creating new characters to start over from zero.
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »

I think you missed the gist of their comment. Just because it's a multiplayer game doesn't mean that players can't be civil and courteous to each other.
    But at that point it's not about people being civil. Any given Dolmen doesn't belong to whoever gets there first, they're for anyone who comes across to take part in. Those other people are literally just playing the content they're entitled to.

Taking nodes or chests while someone else is fighting mobs for it? Yeah it's a butt move but any given node or chest doesn't belong to you until you harvest it, and this is from someone who gets annoyed when another person dashes for a chest or node even though I'm already running for it. At that point I just keep going and let them have it, there are so many chests and nodes in the game that not getting to any individual one is hardly going to matter.

Other players aren't obligated to pay attention to what mobs you're fighting, what skills you've used, and whether or not you can handle any you accidentally aggro as they run by. Are people not allowed to just ignore mobs when they're trying to get around on the slim chance they somehow drag those mobs to someone who can't handle them?

Like a lot of these are minor annoyances at best, they aren't matters of disrespect. These are problems had by someone who, perhaps, games of this nature simply aren't for. When you get mad at other people for just playing the game they purchased, perhaps an MMO isn't for you, and there's nothing wrong with that. No one is going to like every style of game, after all.
    Character List [RP and PvE]:
    Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
    Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
    Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
  • Ken_Koerperich
    Ken_Koerperich
    ✭✭✭

CP500+ Already/most likely has the "ACHIEVEMENT", how about letting me earn my, that's the point.

He/She doesn't need them, so why be a nut and steal my work??

Oh, because you can at warp speed while I'm still at Lv1 speed....

• alanmatillab16_ESO
    alanmatillab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

CP500+ Already/most likely has the "ACHIEVEMENT", how about letting me earn my, that's the point.

He/She doesn't need them, so why be a nut and steal my work??

Oh, because you can at warp speed while I'm still at Lv1 speed....

Delves are public, NONE of the mobs or nodes in there belong to you and you have just the same claim as anyone else in there. I totally get where you are coming from, it is annoying to be sneaking through a delve (for example) and some player comes running through, usually spamming that templar spear or sorceror lightning form and aggro everything. It is just the way MMOs work in shared areas. No one is going to form an orderly queue at the start of the instance for you or I to have our "turn" at the delve.

As for your achievement for completing the delve, you only have to get 1 hit on the boss to count it as killed and just because a player is 500cp you can't assume they have completed every delve out there. You can easily get into the 200+ cp just by doing one of the three story lines, never mind expansion areas and events. That 500cp character might be there to get the achievement for completing the delve and the sky shard just as much as you are. They might even be there wanting a particular belt or boots for a set piece.
  • JJOtterBear
    JJOtterBear
    ✭✭✭✭
    basically unless you are in a solo instance, everyone is entitled to everything in the game. i'm 700+ CP and there are times where I have to wait for bosses to respawn. Where i'm going through a delve and another player is obliterating everything.

That's just how online multiplayer games work. One solution I could think of would be to make delves solo instances. But that would probably be a lot of work to convert. but on the other side, that would result in a loss of potential group content.

but things like public dungeons or overland events are always going to be available to whoever happens upon them. It sounds like what you need is a single player game. And a lot of people say Skyrim is good, especially with all its mods and fan created expansions.
  • Supertonicbaker
    Supertonicbaker
    ✭✭✭
    I happen to be one of those that obliterate everything in my way as quickly as possible in delves/public dungeons/overland quests so I can be done with it and move on, as I’ve played everything already and am just grabbing something or other and want to do it as quickly as possible.

BUT…. That’s only if I think I’m alone in there. Whenever I catch up to someone lower level, or perceived lower level with how they are fighting and damage they’re dealing anyways, I turn on my light attack only mode and go with their flow of traffic. I also don’t grab any chests unless they’re advanced/master level and no one is around me, as I don’t need what’s inside anyways.

However, I have to agree with everyone else here when it comes to the MMO format, it’s there for everyone. I do this because I hated it when it was done to me, I neither demand nor expect anyone else to do it as I’ve been playing MMO’s a very very very long time and know better.
  • FlamingMeat
    FlamingMeat
    ✭✭✭
    I am going through and trying to complete side-quests in zones in the past few months and can count on one hand how many times I've been on the same quest stage as someone else. Do older content for a while. If the thought that you might see other players doing the newest content/quests alongside you disturbs you then there's nothing you can do other than wait it out and do the older ones.

I agree to an extent that more quests should be instanced, especially lore-heavy ones where it makes no sense seeing other players (looking at you dream sequences), but it's hardly immersion destroying considering as soon as you enter a populated area you're assaulted with kids playing bass-boosted rap through their 2006 original xbox headsets regardless.
  • DP99
    DP99
    ✭✭✭✭
    I personally think it’s great when people kill enemies for me in delves and dungeons! Less work for me.