The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Adept Rider needs a change

StarOfElyon
StarOfElyon
✭✭✭✭✭
Since major gallop is a passive in the assault skill line now its pointless to have it on a set. I recommend changing the bonus from the current state:

(5 items) Gain Major Gallop and Major Expedition at all times, increasing your Movement Speed and Mounted Speed by 30%.

To the following:

(5 items) Gain Major Expedition at all times, increasing your Movement Speed by 30%.

Plus one of the choices below:

1) Gain minor expedition at all times, increasing your movement speed by 15%.

2) Reduces the effectiveness of snares by 30%.

3) Grants major evasion at all times, reducing your damage taken from area of effect attacks by 20%.
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Since major gallop is a passive in the assault skill line now its pointless to have it on a set

This set was made so in the same patch gallop became passive, with dev comment that it is supposed to be beginner crafter set for people who didn't do pvp yet to be able to move around faster.
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fine. Keep major gallop and still add another bonus on.
  • MrMazurski
    MrMazurski
    ✭✭✭
    like half of the old sets. Has one advantage still this set. It gives you speed without the need to sprint like Coward set. Don't expect them to play around repairing old sets. Players are encouraged to grind with new sets, not by repairing old ones
    - Where "Update on Cyrodiil Performance & Upcoming AOE Tests"? I wish ZOS would stop kicking players' balls, especially those on Cyro
    - - PC-EU / Ravenwatch
  • twing1_
    twing1_
    ✭✭✭✭
    Should give permanent minor gallop as well, to fit the theme of a "rider" set.
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm down for Minor Expedition or snare reduction, but Major Evasion would be too much I think. At least Adept Rider is finally useful. The Major Gallop is still nice for brand new characters, and newer players who haven't PvPed. It has a niche.
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is my primary Capture the Relic set. It's so good with the health, armor, and movespeed bonus.
    Edited by SkaraMinoc on July 26, 2021 1:46AM
    PC NA
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    As someone else mentioned, adding a Minor Gallop would be a nice touch that would also not have any impact on PvP. It would allow pure PvE players to ride around at top speed, which is nice for them and harmless for everyone else.
    I'm down for Minor Expedition or snare reduction, but Major Evasion would be too much I think. At least Adept Rider is finally useful. The Major Gallop is still nice for brand new characters, and newer players who haven't PvPed. It has a niche.

I agree, Major Evasion would definitely be too much - plus it's not really thematic to the name.

The poor Leki's Focus set provides you with permanent Major Evasion... but it also randomly has the "curse" effect of reducing your AoE damage by 5%. Of course, I would rather see Leki's Focus buffed into something more usable but having a set that provided permanent access to both Major Expedition and Major Evasion would be pretty OP indeed.

Some amount of snare reduction could be nice - though again we have sets in the game whose entire 5-piece bonus is something measly like 50% snare reduction, so adding that feature to Adept Rider would necessitate a buff to those sets as well (which would be welcome).
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a terrible suggestion.

The passive requires Assault 3.

It's relatively easy to get, yes, but it's not something that everyone automatically has.

For example, I like to craft Adept Rider for new characters. You know, characters below level 10 who CAN'T have Assault 3 since they can't even enter Cyrodiil. These characters also happen to have no horse training. Because, you know, they're new. Adept Rider is perfect for these kinds of scenarios. There's absolutely no reason to change it.
    Edited by code65536 on July 21, 2021 12:53AM
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »

It's relatively easy to get, yes, but it's not something that everyone automatically has.

For example, I like to craft Adept Rider for new characters. You know, characters below level 10 who CAN'T have Assault 3 since they can't even enter Cyrodiil. These characters also happen to have no horse training. Because, you know, they're new. Adept Rider is perfect for these kinds of scenarios. There's absolutely no reason to change it.
    Fine. Keep major gallop and still add another bonus on.

• Ippokrates
    Ippokrates
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they really want to make a set for beginners who need to explore the map, they would add some stamina boost/regen to 2-4 bonuses. Or maybe some unique boost to detection.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »

I agree with pretty much all of this. Adept Rider is one of the best craftable utility sets in the game currently. If anything, the power level is a bit on the high end. To suggest they add even more to it is to lack an understanding of how the set could be used to very great effect.

If OP doesn't like Adept Rider or perhaps doesn't personally have a use for it currently, that's understandable, but it's perfectly fine as is.
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wasn't fully honest before about how much I love this set as it is and don't want it to change lol. I really hope they forget about it and don't rework it.

If you haven't tried the set in its current state, it's really fun. My stamsorc is wearing Adept Rider with Ring of the Wild Hunt, Engine Guardian, 2-piece Agility, Vateshran destruction staff, and Master's dual wield. That's 194% movement speed without sprinting, so you can use all your skills and save stamina at max speed. It's not overpowered because it comes at the cost of a better 5-piece set, but it's a unique way to avoid damage and control fights.

As a speed demon, I was so excited when Ring of the Wild Hunt was released. The Adept Rider rework was almost as hype.
    PC-NA
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean, I just asked for a buff and it seems like people who claimed to like it don't like buffs. 😂
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I mean, I just asked for a buff and it seems like people who claimed to like it don't like buffs. 😂

LOL, fair point. But look at New Moon Acolyte: it was really strong when it released, and got nerfed to the point where the majority of people replaced it on their build.

Look at Pelinal's: People had been asking for a buff to it for years, and instead it got completely reworked to be nothing like it used to be.

So, sometimes, a set staying in the "sweet spot" of balance means it's safe from the nerf hammer and the rework flail.
    PC-NA
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't worry about Pelinal's. This is just my speculation but I think we'll see it again as a monster set or a mythic.