Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.2.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

Major Protection on Revealing Flare. What?!

Gamerscape2007
Gamerscape2007
✭✭✭✭
Revealing Flare: This ability and its morphs now prevent stealth and invisibility for 4 seconds, up from 3 seconds.
This ability and its morphs now passively grant Major Protection while slotted to ensure they do not feel lackluster to slot when not actively trying to deny stealth or invisibility, similarly to Magelight or Expert Hunter granting Major buffs.

I hope this is some kind of sick joke. Major protection? Just by slotting in this skill? Are you out of your mind?! So you're telling me, You're going to give everyone. EVERYONE Both minor protection via Temporal guard, and major protection from Revealing flare, Giving EVERYONE a total of free 15% damage reduction? Even after buffing the damage reduction buff from battle spirit? I had to double take this skill to make sure I wasn't seeing things. Why? Why in god name did you think this is a good idea? Revealing Flare might as well make sets like Pirate Skeleton, or skills like permafrost obsolete. Why would I ever use them if I have this? Please don't let this change go live, I beg of you.
Edited by Gamerscape2007 on July 13, 2021 9:39AM
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't forget about major maim on Frost Clench (:
  • Grandchamp1989
    Grandchamp1989
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's actually one of the few changes I enjoy.
    The original major protection got nerfed by 66% so it's a watered down version we have now.
    So having easier access to it makes sense.

I no longer have to slot useless abilities in the case I "MIGHT" fight a NB. (finally!!)
    It's a very good change that actually benefit us even when we're not fighting the invisible people.

On top of that it will be very useful in certain PvE content on Tanks.

I applaud this change.
    Edited by Grandchamp1989 on July 13, 2021 9:47AM
  • Marchastre
    Marchastre
    ✭✭
    And the same minor maim from the chilled status that will be guaranteed

... Or even the new Deliberation passive that gives a 30% that stacks with Major/Minor protection
    Edited by Marchastre on July 13, 2021 9:47AM
  • CaptainVenom
    CaptainVenom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    15% reduction isn't that much... major protection used to give you 30% reduction. Things would somewhat overpowered (I said somewhat) if it's used by a Necromancer with Spirit Guardian. And again, they would need to sacrifice like 2-3 abilities (ultimate included) for it.

So, please calm down :neutral:
    🏳️🌈 Ride with Pride 🏳️🌈
    Stamina/Damage Sorcerer - PC - NA - DC
  • Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dropping my defensive set for an offensive set and running this with temporal backbar, medium armour changes are literally a PvP nerfing for everything except a major buff to cloak spamming stamblade (probably 95%+ of the people playing it). I suppose when every man and his dog is running revealing flare it will reintroduce a very solid skill gap to stamblade whilst simultaneously bringing a very tanky meta back.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    10% dmg mitigation just for slotting a skill ?! whaat ? :#

This is insane. It is an equivalent of 7K armour. Not even 5pcs set bonus gives something like that. Not even Gaze of Sithis or Mighty Chudan

And you can actually stack it. Yep, you can have 33K armour that is 50% dmg mitigation and slot this to have additional 10%.

What are they thinking lol...
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on July 13, 2021 12:37PM
  • Grandchamp1989
    Grandchamp1989
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You can literally spot the NB players in this thread xDDDD
  • Lughlongarm
    Lughlongarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very extreme passive. Wonder if players will slot this skill for the passive only.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But NBs will slot it also lol. It is too good not to have it - if it will stay like this that is. it does not matter if it is a stealth counter or not. 10% additional dmg mitigation on a squishy build is definitely worth it, even more so than on a tanky build.

I mean, every one will probably use it in PvP. It is just too good not to.... even if you are not planing to use that flare, you have 10% dmg mitigation (+/- 7K armour) for free...
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on July 13, 2021 1:01PM
  • NagualV
    NagualV
    ✭✭✭✭
    But NBs will slot it also lol. It is too good not to have it - if it will stay like this that is. it does not matter if it is a stealth counter or not. 10% additional dmg mitigation on a squishy build is definitely worth it, even more so than on a tanky build.

I mean, every one will probably use it in PvP. It is just too good not to.... even if you are not planing to use that flare, you have 10% dmg mitigation (+/- 7K armour) for free...

As a squishy NB, I'm definitely thinking about slotting it.....
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You'll need it slotted because everyone is also going to be running Inner Beast.

It also doesn't just give Major Protection, it gives 10% mag recovery from the Support Skills passive as well.
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The buff should be for X seconds after casting so you at least have to spend Magicka and a GCD to get it
  • CleymenZero
    CleymenZero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    10% dmg mitigation just for slotting a skill ?! whaat ? :#

This is insane. It is an equivalent of 7K armour. Not even 5pcs set bonus gives something like that. Not even Gaze of Sithis or Mighty Chudan

And you can actually stack it. Yep, you can have 33K armour that is 50% dmg mitigation and slot this to have additional 10%.

What are they thinking lol...

Buffer of the Swift.
  • BalticBlues
    BalticBlues
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's actually one of the few changes I enjoy.
    Me too. Finally it's worth to sacrifice an entire slot for this detection skill.
    The other detection skills also have similar beef to make them worthwhile to slot.

Edited by BalticBlues on July 13, 2021 1:27PM
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »

You'll need it slotted because everyone is also going to be running Inner Beast.

It also doesn't just give Major Protection, it gives 10% mag recovery from the Support Skills passive as well.

Inner Beast looks pretty busted too. I mean it is way better than Mark Target. it is kinda ridiculous that ranged taunt from a guild skill line is actually better than a class skill that was meant to be a de-buff for the enemy. Mark reduces armour by around 6K (8 - 9% more dmg taken) while Inner Beast gives 15% more dmg taken (10K armour pen) while also it deals dmg and has a auto-synergy that deals dmg...

Is it just me or Guild / Weapon / Armour skills should not be better than class skill ? I remember ZOS saying something like that.
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I can't justify having camo hunter a lot of the time on my bar I definetly cannot see making room for this without swapping to pots for other major buffs or dumbing down my rotations massively.

This didn't excite me at all. With the way percentage based mitigation stacks the more you have the less useful each source is. Battlespirit is included as a source of mitigation. All are applied multiplicatively.
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I can't justify having camo hunter a lot of the time on my bar I definetly cannot see making room for this without swapping to pots for other major buffs or dumbing down my rotations massively.

This didn't excite me at all. With the way percentage based mitigation stacks the more you have the less useful each source is. Battlespirit is included as a source of mitigation. All are applied multiplicatively.

Bingo. Diminishing returns hit hard, and there are a LOT of sources of % damage reduction. What is means for me is that my mag sorc has effectively the same damage reduction as my necro. When everything is mathed out, Spirit Guardian's 10% only nets me 2-3% actual increased damage reduction, so I can swap to Mender for massively increased heals.

Or I can drop damage reduction CP for increased damage stars, healing stars, etc.

Major maim on clench will have a larger impact.
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    Don't forget about major maim on Frost Clench (:

And the battle spirit buff.
    Another 30% while meditating and/or undeath if vamp.
    Looking like a fun patch ahead.
    We are going from 1 hit KOs to tank meta.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    katorga wrote: »

Bingo. Diminishing returns hit hard, and there are a LOT of sources of % damage reduction. What is means for me is that my mag sorc has effectively the same damage reduction as my necro. When everything is mathed out, Spirit Guardian's 10% only nets me 2-3% actual increased damage reduction, so I can swap to Mender for massively increased heals.

Or I can drop damage reduction CP for increased damage stars, healing stars, etc.

Major maim on clench will have a larger impact.

With the changes, I am actually thinking I may drop all but one shield from my Mag Sorc next patch. I usually front bar one and back bar the other.

Replace it with revealing flare. Replace Mages Wrath with Inner Beast. Run 3/3/1 with light, med, and heavy. It will help reduce the amount of damage running 5 light takes from stam. And Front Bar Flawless Dawnbreaker for the extra spell damage from the passive and the activation.
    Edited by jaws343 on July 13, 2021 3:43PM
  • techyeshic
    techyeshic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, go along with the more damage reduction while CCed star; going to be hard to kill a good player. Or just a decent player. Better stack more
  • Xeniph
    Xeniph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll be honest here. From a gankers perspective I HOPE everyone slots it. It's laughably easy to avoid the detection from. I have never, since it's inception, been hit by it unless I am ignoring it to go in for the kill or run in a breach.

Please slot this over Radiant magelight or Evil Hunter, that is all.
    Here since Beta.

Characters: All of them, both Stamina and Magicka.
  • Grandchamp1989
    Grandchamp1989
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Xeniph wrote: »
    I'll be honest here. From a gankers perspective I HOPE everyone slots it. It's laughably easy to avoid the detection from. I have never, since it's inception, been hit by it unless I am ignoring it to go in for the kill or run in a breach.

You have never been hit by it because no one wore the darn thing it was so bad xD
    Now it'll probably be a different story.
  • Finedaible
    Finedaible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Minor Protection would have been fine.

Major Protection will be cancer, especially to anyone playing Nightblade.

Can't wait for the new un-killable tank bs this is gonna bring along with Temporal Guard and Gaze of Sithis.
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If it only offered Minor Protection, I doubt anyone would run it. You still have to figure out how to fit it in your bars, and it'll likely only be one-barred.
  • lucky_Sage
    lucky_Sage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It will be slotted in most builds flex spot no reason not to
    DC PC NA
    Magdk - main
    Stamcro - alt

AD PS4 NA -retired (PC runs way better to play on console)
    magdk
    magblade
    stamplar
    magden
    magsorc

• Xeniph
    Xeniph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xeniph wrote: »

You have never been hit by it because no one wore the darn thing it was so bad xD
    Now it'll probably be a different story.

Uhh, this thing is slotted everywhere on greyhost NA. Don't ask me why but a bunch of noobies use it lol
    Here since Beta.

Characters: All of them, both Stamina and Magicka.
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hunter and Mage Light give you buffs you can get from potions. They're there for convenience and you don't run them for reveal.

It's bs to give protection to revealing flare
    I drink and I stream things.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hunter and Mage Light give you buffs you can get from potions. They're there for convenience and you don't run them for reveal.

Potions also have an opportunity cost. Hunter and Magelight can be used to free you from needing Crit potions, and there are some interesting defensive options that can compete with Major Protection.

image.png
    image.png
    Edited by WrathOfInnos on July 14, 2021 5:49AM
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Which potion increases my max magicka?
  • Spurius_Lucilius
    Spurius_Lucilius
    ✭✭✭
    I suggest that it grant minor evasion. Other than warden’s wing there is nothing in the game that provides this buff and it is less powerful than major protection
    PC NA Casual/PVP