The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Pelinals wrath < pelinals aptitude

gariondavey
gariondavey
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
The change to this set is not good. Furthermore, it destroys many hybrid players playstyle.
Please do not do this change.
PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • Luke_Flamesword
    Luke_Flamesword
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yup, I hate it. I'm using it for chillout zone questing and it's completely different with some crazy gimmicks. Just create another sets and for this just give some adjustments if needed...
    PC | EU | DC |Stam Dk Breton
  • Wuuffyy
    Wuuffyy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea. I used to use the set back in the day for WW, and don’t anymore. But even so, from my perspective, don’t change it to this. Just make another set in the game (80% are useless) with those new effects and keep the old one. This is a big step backwards for hybridization, despite the new changes to armor, etc.
    Wuuffyy,
    ESO player since 2014
    -PM for questions
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They’ve basically killed my hybrids with this change, my Templar alone will be losing over 1000 weapon damage! All for what!? To turn into yet another useless set that the meta brigade still won’t use! Thank you for spoiling this game for me!

Whoever made this change has no idea what they’re doing! They’ve smashed the only part of playing this game I still enjoyed! All for nothing! Now only my dragon knight is capable of being a functioning hybrid! I might as well delete my templar and my necromancer!

I do not normally get emotional about these kind of things, but this has really made me angry! Worst of all, despite the massive effect this will have on those of us who play hybrids they did not even include a developer comment!

Also, before anyone says, those changes in the patch notes won’t make up for 100th of what my beloved hybrids are about to lose!
    Edited by Integral1900 on July 12, 2021 6:06PM
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If anything, buff pelinals to match weapon/spell damage, and weapon/spell crit. This change is unwarranted and awful.
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Destroys hybrid player playstyle? What are you talking about? Didn't you see that medium armor now grants spell damage as well and increases all crit damage while light armor grants physical penetration and weapon crit chance?
    You do not need the old Pelinal's anymore to be hybrid!
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • PIBagent
    PIBagent
    Soul Shriven
    I was right to be worried when they said they were changing Pelinals. This is a hard nerf on the magic side of my hybrid dps as I can no longer equalize the damage. It'll be lopsided no matter how much extra weapon/spell damage the set gives you.
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ratzkifal wrote: »
    Destroys hybrid player playstyle? What are you talking about? Didn't you see that medium armor now grants spell damage as well and increases all crit damage while light armor grants physical penetration and weapon crit chance?

Of course it does! Now we need to get both separate 20% damage boosts! How am I supposed to get that on a necromancer, it’s hard enough to get a hybrid build working for that class as it is!

Also what about the nearly 600 damage we get from the glyphs on our jewellery that now won’t be close copied over!

One of the largest changes in the entire patch notes and they didn’t even put a developer comment by it!
    Edited by Integral1900 on July 12, 2021 6:35PM
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree that this change is highly questionable and represents a hard nerf for builds that used the old version.

The change should either be reverted or a new Mythic that embodies the old Pelinal's functionality needs to be introduced during the next Update.
  • KurtAngle2
    KurtAngle2
    ✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely bummed by the change, if they wanted to make something like that they should have just made a new set called Pelinal's Wrath instead of reworking a perfectly fine old set
  • Oakiyo
    Oakiyo
    ✭✭✭
    This set will not be useless as it could be used for solo content very effectively. But as Wolf_Watching said, a new set should have been created instead.

It wasn't needed to completely revamp it. The 2-4 pieces stats change is enough. And if a change is really needed for the 5th bonus, make it so the final value is increased by 5% or something like this.

Hybrid builds are pretty hard to setup. You have to sacrifice a lot in general to gain a little advantage in a specific department. And now you can't even fully build into hybriding your stats. This is truly a shame. I really hope this change doesn't go live.
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Of course it does! Now we need to get both separate 20% damage boosts! How am I supposed to get that on a necromancer, it’s hard enough to get a hybrid build working for that class as it is!

Also what about the nearly 600 damage we get from the glyphs on our jewellery that now won’t be close copied over!

One of the largest changes in the entire patch notes and they didn’t even put a developer comment by it!

You slot Degeneration and Momentum. Entropy is already a good skill on a Necromancer because it benefits from your 15% bonus to damage over time effects and Momentum gives some stamina sustain. You can also only use one and get the other from a potion. But I am all for hybrid potions being made a thing.
    As for the jewelry glyphs, i would honestly go for tristat sustain I think because sustain is already not easy for hybrids because every sustain tool usually only restores one resources or the other, which is certainly true for Necromancers. Bi-damage glyphs should also be a thing.

Also don't forget you now have space for another 5piece set now. So you can offset most of the loss of the 600 damage stats with that. Since your crit isn't split between two different types of damage anymore, I suspect your damage should go up quite a bit despite the lower spell/weapon damage value.
    Edited by Ratzkifal on July 12, 2021 7:03PM
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

You slot Degeneration and Momentum. Entropy is already a good skill on a Necromancer because it benefits from your 15% bonus to damage over time effects and Momentum gives some stamina sustain. You can also only use one and get the other from a potion. But I am all for hybrid potions being made a thing.
    As for the jewelry glyphs, i would honestly go for tristat sustain I think because sustain is already not easy for hybrids because every sustain tool usually only restores one resources or the other, which is certainly true for Necromancers. Bi-damage glyphs should also be a thing.

Also don't forget you now have space for another 5piece set now. So you can offset most of the loss of the 600 damage stats with that. Since your crit isn't split between two different types of damage anymore, I suspect your damage should go up quite a bit despite the lower spell/weapon damage value.

600 Spell Damage from jewelry is just one part of a larger whole. For example, I recently created a hybrid build that gained over 3000 Spell Damage from Pelinal's.

Some of that is getting clawed back with the hybridization of Flawless Dawnbreaker but this is still a planet-cracking nerf for that particular build.
  • PIBagent
    PIBagent
    Soul Shriven
    Oakiyo wrote: »
    This set will not be useless as it could be used for solo content very effectively. But as Wolf_Watching said, a new set should have been created instead.

It wasn't needed to completely revamp it. The 2-4 pieces stats change is enough. And if a change is really needed for the 5th bonus, make it so the final value is increased by 5% or something like this.

Hybrid builds are pretty hard to setup. You have to sacrifice a lot in general to gain a little advantage in a specific department. And now you can't even fully build into hybriding your stats. This is truly a shame. I really hope this change doesn't go live.

The set grants you a stack of "Wrath of Whitestrake" for 10 seconds with each enemy killed. So if you kill 10 within a short amount of time your taking 10% of your max health each second as oblivion damage. You have to be able to heal back 30+ percent of your max health in order for the set to not kill you. The new set name might as well have been Pelinal's Suicide.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Worst of all, despite the massive effect this will have on those of us who play hybrids they did not even include a developer comment!

Because they already told us what their new goal with the set will be.

"Likely the biggest adjustment to an existing set is to Pelinal’s Aptitude, which will be changed to Pelinal’s Wrath, which now focuses on the blood lust this hero of lore succumbed to in their legacy left in Tamriel!"

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/580491/update-31-combat-preview
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PIBagent wrote: »

The set grants you a stack of "Wrath of Whitestrake" for 10 seconds with each enemy killed. So if you kill 10 within a short amount of time your taking 10% of your max health each second as oblivion damage. You have to be able to heal back 30+ percent of your max health in order for the set to not kill you. The new set name might as well have been Pelinal's Suicide.

Pelinal's aptitude just became pelinal's craptitude
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's so sad cause this set only needed a few minor adjustments, not totally gutted and made into a set that kills you.
    Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?
  • Oakiyo
    Oakiyo
    ✭✭✭

It should be manageable with pale's order ring. 10% of 25k health is a 2.5k dot. Plus don't forget it gives shield. 1 living trelis should outheal it, and then you can benefit from the pale's order ring heal + the shield this set provide. So I think it's kind of usable.

But once again, it shouldn't erase an entiere playstyle by replacing the old Pelinal mechanic.
  • Luke_Flamesword
    Luke_Flamesword
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's so sad cause this set only needed a few minor adjustments, not totally gutted and made into a set that kills you.
    Lol, now this set will be literally like "Die hybrid! I will kill you, I don't want you here" :D

Eh, I'm really sad with this patch notes, because I have 3 builds for my main and they will be destroyed:
    1. My hybrid chill build for fun totally destroyed
    2. My PvE stam sets nerfed with medium armor passive (bye bye weapon crit). I don't have room for light pieces in my build without changing used sets (2x5-piece sets medium only and arena weapons)
    3. I must again change PvP build for no-proc campaign

And of course not even a bit of buff for dks. You kill all joy for me with this patch...
    PC | EU | DC |Stam Dk Breton
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my opinion, it only needed an additional 5th piece bonus to be worth using. But I'm not mad at the change either. The majority of my characters are hybrids and they don't use Pelinal's. In fact, all of them just got better with the new bonuses to light and medium armor. I'm not the best hybrid builder/player out there (I die a lot) but I can play both vet dungeons and pvp with them. I'm just trying to show you another way. watch: https://youtu.be/lTeIApYFDHA or https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1083825290
    Edited by StarOfElyon on July 12, 2021 8:37PM
  • Red_Feather
    Red_Feather
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There is a lot of stuff happening that is outright malicious towards player investment. You cannot just completely change the purpose of items players invested so much time into getting and expect them to completely change how they play now. Pelinal's aptitude is no longer anything like it was before.

It is 100% pointless to change it like this instead of adding a new set that does the new effect. At this point someone at ZoS needs to take the reigns here and apply better design principles than what is being demonstrated.
  • PIBagent
    PIBagent
    Soul Shriven

It should be manageable with pale's order ring. 10% of 25k health is a 2.5k dot. Plus don't forget it gives shield. 1 living trelis should outheal it, and then you can benefit from the pale's order ring heal + the shield this set provide. So I think it's kind of usable.

But once again, it shouldn't erase an entiere playstyle by replacing the old Pelinal mechanic.

Shield won't block oblivion damage.
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Leave Pelinal's Aptitude alone, or even buff it.

Don't replace it with a completely different set. You're missing the point that YES Pelinal's Aptitude is unpopular generally -- but EXTREMELY popular among some hardcore hybrid players.
    PC NA
  • Ergele
    Ergele
    ✭✭✭
    I kinda like this version.
  • Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fennwitty wrote: »
    Leave Pelinal's Aptitude alone, or even buff it.

Don't replace it with a completely different set. You're missing the point that YES Pelinal's Aptitude is unpopular generally -- but EXTREMELY popular among some hardcore hybrid players.

And it was a great set for people who wanted the thrill of being a spellsword. Was it meta? No, of course not. But it was manageable enough for a lot of solo content and normal dungeons that it didn't matter if it wasn't the best.

But no spellswords for us, I guess. :/
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a lot of stuff happening that is outright malicious towards player investment. You cannot just completely change the purpose of items players invested so much time into getting and expect them to completely change how they play now. Pelinal's aptitude is no longer anything like it was before.

It is 100% pointless to change it like this instead of adding a new set that does the new effect. At this point someone at ZoS needs to take the reigns here and apply better design principles than what is being demonstrated.

They did that to the Vampire Lord set. Only reason the outcry wasn't as large is because nobody really used the set to begin with. With the rework the old version would've actually been good put they turned it from an offensive set to a sustain set with a horrible kiss/curse slapped on the side. Now they're doing the same here, but unlike Vampire Lord people used this set.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • shrekt4303
    shrekt4303
    ✭✭
    How short sited everyone is. You want that set to be the only thing used in hybrid builds? Id rather see some variety
  • Sluggy
    Sluggy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been using this set for years on my DK. It allows me to play an extremely powerful healer, a healer/damage dealer, and an extremely powerful damage dealer.

Over the years I've had to adjust to many minor changes to DKs and core game mechanics to keep it working but this final change will be the nail in the coffin. If it goes through, I *will* be deconning all pieces I've crafted (of which there are many) and not be looking back.
    Edited by Sluggy on July 13, 2021 12:10AM
  • Sluggy
    Sluggy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    shrekt4303 wrote: »
    How short sited everyone is. You want that set to be the only thing used in hybrid builds? Id rather see some variety

There are many other sets that hybrids can already use. This one was unique if quite niche. If this change goes through I don't see anyone using this set for any reason ever.
  • Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    shrekt4303 wrote: »

I'm not sure I understand how removing options is giving variety. If anything, it's taking away variety.
  • oterWitz
    oterWitz
    ✭✭✭✭
    I will be trying it once the PTS patch downloads because, as a couple others have mentioned, it looks interesting for solo play if you can push through enough HPS with RotPO. It's a shame that a common set for hybrid builds had to be sacrificed, but remember that this patch did add a lot in terms of hybrid passives.

And who knows, maybe they'll reintroduce the hybrid set with a different name "Prismatic Aptitude" or some such in keeping with their new lore and naming priorities ;)
    PC NA