The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Iron Atronach Radiants -- No Light Effect, Please Add

SickleCider
SickleCider
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I was fortunate enough to get the Sunflare wolf! Something is amiss, though. The product image depicts a red lighting effect on the ground under the wolf. This isn't present in the game. Not sure if bug or intended, but in any case, would you consider fixing it? 😇
✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I can confirm none of the radiants have lighting underneath.
    PC NA
  • RNGeeze
    RNGeeze
    ✭✭✭
    Lucky! So it differs from the in game preview? I’ve not been blessed by rng yet but really want the blue senche as it’s my favorite color yet still short on gems after 120 crates, maybe later but if they have no lighting/trail effects that’s highly disappointing.
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    RNGeeze wrote: »
    Lucky! So it differs from the in game preview? I’ve not been blessed by rng yet but really want the blue senche as it’s my favorite color yet still short on gems after 120 crates, maybe later but if they have no lighting/trail effects that’s highly disappointing.

I haven't seen a senche out in the wild, but I did see a horse. They do have trail effects after rear/roar/howl. The horse leaves a sort of green cloud, and the wolf is trailed by dense red streaks. I hope the senche fares better in this area because the "additional VFX" for these mounts is a little underwhelming. (Worth noting that on howl, the wolf summons a "meteor shower" that to my mind looks like a rain of Fruity Pebbles. 🤣) I think most of what makes these striking is the bold colors, as they are.
    Edited by SickleCider on June 17, 2021 9:39PM
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SkaraMinoc wrote: »
    I can confirm none of the radiants have lighting underneath.

My FPS thanks zenimax for this
  • RNGeeze
    RNGeeze
    ✭✭✭
    RNGeeze wrote: »

I haven't seen a senche out in the wild, but I did see a horse. They do have trail effects after rear/roar/howl. The horse leaves a sort of green cloud, and the wolf is trailed by dense red streaks. I hope the senche fares better in this area because the "additional VFX" for these mounts is a little underwhelming. (Worth noting that on howl, the wolf summons a "meteor shower" that to my mind looks like a rain of Fruity Pebbles. 🤣) I think most of what makes these striking is the bold colors, as they are.

Thanks for the breakdown as I completely forgot to check the howl/roar 👍
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_38QRLTNWKs

The senche has the best effects this season in my opinion, and Dark Anchor sounds are nice touch (and they fit it's description) :smiley:

The fact that they don't shed light on environment is sad. I also hope that this will be fixed (they all emit some light on promo pictures, so they should do it in game too).
    Edited by Fischblut on June 17, 2021 10:58PM
  • what_the
    what_the
    ✭✭✭
    Doing the showcase on snow was probably not the best idea, cause the snow itself leaves trails behind the mount, but you kinda get the idea of the trails the mounts themselves leave.
  • RNGeeze
    RNGeeze
    ✭✭✭
    I finally got mine last night; love the models but somewhat lacking. I play on ps5 in case this is a issue pc players are not experiencing. They both only get trail vfx after howl/roar buff.

https://youtu.be/8Z1RAurIsSQ
    Edited by RNGeeze on June 18, 2021 4:15PM
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Doing the showcase on snow was probably not the best idea, cause the snow itself leaves trails behind the mount, but you kinda get the idea of the trails the mounts themselves leave.

Agree, even though most of my own showcases are also done on snow :D I didn't even see that Horse has trail at first, I had to rewatch the video to notice dark green cloud :o

I've made showcase of Senche on dark ground:

https://youtu.be/LN5-men3zTE

Sadly, these mounts have no trail effects and no paw prints, they get trail effects only after rearing up. So this is just how they work on all platforms.
    But honestly, I am so satisfied by Senche (and the fact that it has permanent ambient sound of active Dark Anchor is just amazing), that I don't even care about weak trail :smiley: I just want to summon/desummon him and roar all the time. Slightly increasing volume of that ambient sound for Senche, and adding some environmental light under these 3 mounts would be perfect <3
    Edited by Fischblut on June 18, 2021 7:42PM
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thank you, everyone, for your showcases! They do a great job demonstrating the mounts' strengths and weaknesses and, most importantly, the lack of light and trail!

@Fischblut , you're right about the ambient sounds, I noticed that the wolf has a sort of "white noise" of its own while you're mounted. I'm not sure where it's sourced from. Oblivion portal, perhaps?
  • what_the
    what_the
    ✭✭✭
    Fischblut wrote: »

Agree, even though most of my own showcases are also done on snow :D I didn't even see that Horse has trail at first, I had to rewatch the video to notice dark green cloud :o

I've made showcase of Senche on dark ground:

https://youtu.be/LN5-men3zTE

Sadly, these mounts have no trail effects and no paw prints, they get trail effects only after rearing up. So this is just how they work on all platforms.
    But honestly, I am so satisfied by Senche (and the fact that it has permanent ambient sound of active Dark Anchor is just amazing), that I don't even care about weak trail :smiley: I just want to summon/desummon him and roar all the time. Slightly increasing volume of that ambient sound for Senche, and adding some environmental light under these 3 mounts would be perfect <3

Nice video..
    I really do like that Senche myself...
    Im really torn between the RA wolf (the red particle effect on it is very cool) and that Senche ( the summoning effect of it is second to none, imo)
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nice video..
    Im really torn between the RA wolf (the red particle effect on it is very cool) and that Senche ( the summoning effect of it is second to none, imo)

Thank you :) I also like the Wolf! I can't even offer you which of them to choose, because they are both very cool in every aspect - sounds, visuals...There are few options:

1) if you like not only both of these mounts, but also many more lower tier items in this season, opening crates is the choice I personally would make.

2) if you like only these two mounts and nothing else from curent season, and have enough gems - get them both :)

3) someday this season will return - so you can get your most favourite mount now, and get the second mount later (maybe even with seals)

4) just in case you haven't seen other mount who drops meteors and blue smoke clouds, and don't mind to wait for his season's return... I want to mention Planemeld Courser :) When he stands still and runs, he is really nothing special... But when you summon him, or make him "rear up", he is (still) the most impressive Radiant Apex mount <3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyh5KzXtxno
  • what_the
    what_the
    ✭✭✭
    Nice video..

1) if you like not only both of these mounts, but also many more lower tier items in this season, opening crates is the choice I personally would make.
    Yeah, I probably will try more crates because there are a few other crate items I would like to try and get.

2) if you like only these two mounts and nothing else from curent season, and have enough gems - get them both :)
    and...if the more crates thing dosn't work for me I will end up doing this...
    3) someday this season will return - so you can get your most favourite mount now, and get the second mount later (maybe even with seals)
    mmm, possibly...but I'm not one to wait too long to get stuff...
    4) just in case you haven't seen other mount who drops meteors and blue smoke clouds, and don't mind to wait for his season's return... I want to mention Planemeld Courser :) When he stands still and runs, he is really nothing special... But when you summon him, or make him "rear up", he is (still) the most impressive Radiant Apex mount <3

Oh, great! that one looks fantastic! ><

• SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nice video..

Thank you :) I also like the Wolf! I can't even offer you which of them to choose, because they are both very cool in every aspect - sounds, visuals...There are few options:

Oh, yes. 💜 I cherish my Planemeld Courser! I didn't get the senche specifically because it'd seem redundant, and, well, the Courser is the clear winner for me. 😍 Some of those older mounts have class that will never fade. I have the Sanguivorian Howler too, and those two are in my most frequently used mounts for sure.