Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Scaly Cloth Scraps - The Grind

• Sju
    Sju
    ✭✭✭✭
    At first I thought the grind was ridiculous, but if I go in once a day and grind for 30 minutes or less, I'll get one, maybe two if I'm really lucky. At that rate, I'll have it in a reasonable amount of time. If it takes longer than that to get one, I'm not stressing myself and will come back a different day.
    Tbh, I like it better this way, collecting 50 pieces, rather than collecting 7 different pieces, it felt worse doing it that way.
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ajkb78 wrote: »
    B0SSzombie wrote: »
    I though I read somewhere that the fragments in the two dungeons had a "Rarity" Cooldown?

Like, the first time you go for a fragment in 20 hours, it will drop fairly quick, but after that they take a LONG time to drop?

That was certainly my experience with the mummified alfiq parts. One would drop fairly quickly, usually within 5 minutes, but after that it was exceedingly rare to get another in quick succession. So I just added it to my daily task list, 5 minutes of killing skeletons in Rimmen Necropolis every day for 10 days and boom, there was my mummy cat. I haven't bothered with the plague drenched fabric or the newer collectibles that require 50 parts but I expect the same principle would work.

There is no 20 hour cool down on any PD grind. Source: me. I have gotten multiple (even during single grind session) drops in the form of 1 from a mob/boss, then a second from the next mob boss. Yes in 4 different PDs in 3 different chapters.

My problem with Silent Halls is the drop rate. When I farm Zenithars Abbey for 1-2 hours, that’s generally 3-5 drops. 1 session, not leaving or coming back. In Silent Halls I’m lucky to get 2 drops in the same time, usually 1 drop. Not to mention SH is very overfarmed. I stopped farming SH until the drop rate is upped, or the number of people farming leads goes down.
    Edited by CaffeinatedMayhem on July 8, 2021 2:16PM
  • Jem_Kindheart
    Jem_Kindheart
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah there's definitely no cooldown. One of my runs was with a couple guildies, and one member got 4 pieces I think in about an hour maybe hour and a half. In the biggest irony, I got zero that run and 4 is the total pieces I have in what is now twelve hours lol. My rng there appears to be far below what some others experience. *shrug* Again I don't mind a grind, but stuff like this is bad design.
    Longtimer since beta, the usual. 26 CP toons. ~1700cp on main account, 1000cp on 2nd account. Endgame-ish lol. Most Vets / some HM's cleared.
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just can't do the same thing over and over all day. I will just do an hour or two then do something else. Then come back again the next day.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah there's definitely no cooldown.
    Well, that's not entirely true.
    You get that very first "carrot" piece almost immediately, no matter what.

After that, the weights on the rng go way down and you are hooked for the grind.
    dry.gif

• Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »

After that, the weights on the rng go way down and you are hooked for the grind.
    dry.gif

That's not entirely true either.
    I've been through there on four different characters, going after the skyshard and the group boss event on each, plus my main has cleared the dungeon of all bosses and I have not seen a single piece.
  • adriant1978
    adriant1978
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

dry.gif

That's not entirely true either.
    I've been through there on four different characters, going after the skyshard and the group boss event on each, plus my main has cleared the dungeon of all bosses and I have not seen a single piece.

Agreed. There is no "carrot" piece. I've cleared it on two characters now and didn't find any cloth scraps.

The grind for these is ridiculous.
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    At least in Elsweyr you could use the pieces as you got them. Now I have to keep these things in my inventory... probably forever.
  • waterfairy
    waterfairy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    same can be said about stone husk frsgments...I cringe just seeing labyrnthian now :tired_face:
  • adriant1978
    adriant1978
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vigarr wrote: »
    same can be said about stone husk frsgments...I cringe just seeing labyrnthian now :tired_face:

Is that when this 50 piece insanity started? This is the first public dungeon collectible I've been interested in since I think Summerset when it was much more reasonable.
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

They dropped much more frequently though in comparison. I collected those pretty quickly. Since Blackwood dropped I've got 3 fragments so far. I'd completed the stone husk in the same time
    Soupy twist
  • waterfairy
    waterfairy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    fizl101 wrote: »

They dropped much more frequently though in comparison. I collected those pretty quickly. Since Blackwood dropped I've got 3 fragments so far. I'd completed the stone husk in the same time

idk if they increased the drop rate or you had luck on your side but it felt like I was getting around 3-5 an hour of running loops as a werewolf (faster movement and quick trash burns)...it was painful for someone like me who loathes farming and it's the very reason why I haven't farmed the new door yet
    Edited by waterfairy on August 1, 2021 4:03PM
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    fizl101 wrote: »

idk if they increased the drop rate or you had luck on your side but it felt like I was getting around 3-5 an hour of running loops as a werewolf (faster movement and quick trash burns)...it was painful for someone like me who loathes farming and it's the very reason why I haven't farmed the new door yet

That I think that was fairly close to what I was getting for the stone husk. I'm lucky to find 1 scrap a week!
    Soupy twist
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Is that when this 50 piece insanity started? This is the first public dungeon collectible I've been interested in since I think Summerset when it was much more reasonable.

I don't think so. I think these sorts of fragments started at least as long ago as Elsweyr.

EDIT -- Okay, the Elsweyr collectible of this nature had only 10 fragments, not 50. There was also a "normal" 7-fragment collectible, where each of the 7 fragments had a different name. So I guess it actually did start in Greymoor, at least as far as needing 50 fragments.
    Edited by SeaGtGruff on August 2, 2021 4:15AM
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Some things in this lovely game are not interesting and this is one of them.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • TheOriginalMrT

dry.gif

No it's rng based. i can run thru the whole dun and get nothing then cycle back and find 1. time wasted. The real question is there a good place in the Pub Dun like the other one to spawn camp an area to farm these things?
  • Erissime
    Erissime
    ✭✭✭
    Well this is very disappointing. I used to enjoy farming for costume parts and various cosmetics every new chapter comes with. This one time - not a bit. First of all the drop rate between the two dungeons is incomparable - the door parts drop fairly decent for the new ( also disliked) nr of 50 - but the costume is literally non-existent. I feel it very unfair and a game braker rather than an incentive ( as it used to be). I got 4 pieces for the costume in the first days and ever since I am literally wondering if that is even something still existing - not cool, not pleasant, and definitely not encouraging to play the game in any way. Also the mobs barely drop ANY loot - never mind the stupid costume parts (those are more rare than mythic items leads). At least in the past we would get some gold for the run now one kills literally entire groups of mobs for zero loot.
    Edited by Erissime on September 13, 2021 11:24PM
  • Gadget4
    Gadget4
    ✭✭✭
    I got the costume last night :)
    PS5 EU (UK)
    PS5 NA
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    28/50. Still going......
    Soupy twist
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have been pushing for those 'missed' skill points on my alts between events.

So far I have complete Silent Halls (quest, all bosses defeated, group event) killing all mobs in my path - some groups several times while I waited for bosses to respawn - with 11 additional characters.

I got a grand total of 3 Scaly Cloth Scraps between all of them. 3 in 11 full runs of the PD.

When I purchased 22 of them to supplement the 28 I had managed to farm with another character I thought it was a bit extravagant, now I'm glad I did.

I don't even know how much time I spent in there to farm 28, fortunately I did not clock the time spent as I - regrettably - did with other grinds like the BMH lead for the Pale Order ring.

Needless to say I think this is ludicrous. It also seems to be the direction the game developers are going. With each chapter and DLC release the grind is taken up a peg or two.

I guess by the end of 2022 we will have to collect 200 arbitrary fragments with lower drop rates to complete the collectible 'du jour'.
    Edited by ApoAlaia on September 14, 2021 8:07AM
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is so much content I would love to do but I just don't because its pain numbingly grindy.

Adding content that is not achievable unless you devote 6 months of your time doing that one thing is not how you make great games players can enjoy.
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I grinded them for 3 days 2-3 hours a day, and leveled one of the companions in the process as well, my brain literally hurt at the end. I kept 50 pieces in bank for a couple of months until they became usable. The costume isn't that great IMO.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I only just got my first one...
  • Dragonlord573
    Dragonlord573
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate that the drop rate is so low. I was able to grind the Zenithaar door in about 6 hours, I've been working with a friend in the Silent Halls for 12 hours and we have a total of 21 between us. And we both want it. So that's 100 scraps we have to get.
    Edited by Dragonlord573 on October 17, 2021 11:56PM
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, ZOS needs to not make things a pain like this! The thing to find and assemble is made worse too with those invisible tapestry scrap leads — who thought that was a good idea??? At least that isn’t RNG and there’s probably an add-on for it, but it’s still an element made worse. I like the glow/sparkle other item pieces have — that could be a gameplay option to toggle on/off if their are people who like to comb through blades of grass.
  • G1Countdown
    G1Countdown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    27/50 here. I've went hours without a single drop. Compared to the Zenithar Gate and the target dummy, this is a lot of work. Anyone on pc/na who wants to give up the grind, feel free to send your Scaly Cloth Scraps to @G1Countdown lol
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd love to have this costume but there is no way I am going to grind 50 of these or pay a minimum of 30k each to buy them.
    PCNA
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I finally got the Zenithar fragments and would like to get this one for completion, though I am not sure I could stand the grind.

I am not one to say overland is too easy, but if you have more than one high CP player in a public dungeon it really makes it difficult to farm. Standing around and waiting for mobs to respawn is a waste of time.

This public dungeon has also caused many PS players to crash, I don’t know if it has ever been fixed either. I do not wish to get my main character stuck in there.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Artim_X
    Artim_X
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm definitely not a fan of the grind. I spent three hours in there and did not get a single piece. I literally don't have the time for that kind of mind-numbing grind, so I looked at the price point for buying 50 pieces in one-shot from guild stores and decided to grind for gold instead (I love PvP so I just sold gold jewelry I hoarded from The Golden and hakeijos). Although I love the costume, if you told me a year ago that I would spend millions of gold for a costume I would have laughed at ya. To that one person who was willing to do the grind and sold them for significantly less than the competition, you are the true MVP! <3
    iKqRfIK.png
    (AD) Artim X/Xirtām/Måtrix |PC/NA| Casual staff wielding vampire sorcerer/templar/arcanist
    Electric-Burn/Stun
    https://media.giphy.com/media/Av0zcKH3i2BkaY1GXW/giphy.gif/https://c.tenor.com/jQHdFftrgwMAAAAC/tenor.gif
    • Damage Dealing Build.
    • Gear: 5 Infallible Aether (All apparel light and Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchants), Maelstrom's Perfected Inferno/Lightning Staff (infused/shock enchant), and Rage of the Ursauk jewelry (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant)/lightning staff (infused/flame/weapon damage enchant). 1 Mora's Whispers.
    • Ability-Bar 1: Critical Surge, Boundless Storm, Mages' Wrath, Lightning Flood, Twilight Tormentor (Twilight Matriarch for solo roleplay variant of build), and Power Overload.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Crushing Shock/Storm Pulsar, Streak, Flame/Shock Reach, Unstable Wall of Fire/Storms, Twilight Tormentor (Twilight Matriarch for solo roleplay variant of build) and Fiery/Thunderous Rage.
    Electric-Heal
    https://media.giphy.com/media/5ibGIHneWS6ek/giphy.gif
    • My Healer Build.
    • Gear: 5 Spell Power Cure (All apparel light and Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchants), Maelstrom's Perfected Lightning Staff (Charged/shock enchant), and Infallible Aether jewelry (arcane with spell damage enchant)/restoration staff (Powered with absorb magicka enchant). 1 Mora's Whispers.
    • Ability-Bar 1: Power Surge, Boundless Storm, Blessing of Restoration, Energy Orb, Twilight Matriarch, and Replenishing Barrier.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Dark Deal, Overflowing Altar, Elemental Drain, Blockade of Storms, Twilight Matriarch, and Aggressive Horn.
    Electric-Ward
    https://media.giphy.com/media/Wa0TGmtDvwW3e/giphy.gif
    • My Meme Tank Build that uses high resistance and variety of wards.
    • Gear: 5 Brands of Imperium (All body pieces except Head and Shoulders, with Divine trait, and with Prismatic Defense Enchants), full Mother Ciannait's (1 light and 1 medium. Divines and Max Mag Enchant), and Combat Physician jewelry (bloodthirsty with Prismatic Recovery Enchants), CP restoration staff (Infused with hardening enchant), and CP ice staff (Infused with crusher enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Critical Surge, Bound Aegis, Deep Thoughts, Boundless Storm, Healing Ward, and Replenishing Barrier.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Silver Leash (Elemental Drain if healer isn't running it), Bound Aegis, Frost Clench, Blockade of Frost, Empowered Ward, and Temporal Guard.
    Electric-Vamp
    https://media.giphy.com/media/ukDQiYZzRAxMZKcK86/giphy.gif
    • Tanky stage 4 vampire utility focused PvP healer that can take down very inexperienced players but is primarily focused on working alongside others in an organized group, PUGs, or zergs.
    • Gear: 5 Torug's Pact for regular and NoCP build/Oblivion's Foe for dot build (medium chest and body pieces light. All Impenetrable. Max Mag Enchants). Gaze of Sithis and 1 light Mighty Chudan/Pirate Skeleton (light shoulders, and impenetrable with Max Mag Enchants). Knight Slayer/Pariah jewelry/Plaguebreak for dot build (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant)/lightning staff (infused with oblivion enchant for regular and noCP build/absorb magicka enchant and Sharpened for dot build. Sharpened for dot build)/restoration staff (infused with oblivion enchant regular and noCP build/absorb magicka enchant and Sharpened for dot build).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Structured Entropy, Boundless Storm, Soul Splitting Trap, Radiating Regeneration, Healing Ward, and Life Giver.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Drain Vigor (Elemental Susceptibility), Race Against Time, Rune Cage, Radiant Magelight, Empowered Ward, and Shatter Soul.
    Dawnfang
    https://media.tenor.com/ogWfvDdsqBIAAAAd/anime-black-clover.gif
    • My casual one bar heavy attack Templar build that only utilizes Aedric Spear abilities.
    • Gear: 5 Infallible Aether (Head or Shoulder and body pieces except Chest. All body pieces Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchant), Lightning Staff of the Sergeant (Infused/shock enchant), and Sergeant's Mail jewelry (One Ring and one Neck. Both bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant). 1 Oakensoul Ring (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Puncturing Sweep, Aurora Javelin, Toppling Charge, Blazing Spear, Radiant Ward, and Crescent Sweep.
    Duskfang
    https://media.tenor.com/Jo8aG_ouy_oAAAAd/ac-odyssey.gif
    • Tanky stage 4 vampire utility focused PvP healer that can take down very inexperienced players but is primarily focused on working alongside others in an organized group, PUGs, or zergs.
    • Gear: 5 Torug's Pact (Heavy Chest with light Head, Waist, Hands, and Feet. All body pieces Impenetrable. Health enchant on head and everything else Magicka Enchants), 1 Medium Mighty Chudan/Pirate Skeleton Shoulder (Impenetrable, Max Health Enchant), Knight Slayer Restoration Staff (Infused/Decrease Health enchant/Stealth-Draining Poison IX), and Knight Slayer jewelry (One Ring and one Neck. Both bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant). 1 Oakensoul Ring (bloodthirsty with Spell Damage Enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1:Radiant Oppression, Race Against Time, Aurora Javelin, Breath of Life, Resolving Vigor, and Life Giver (Shatter Soul).
    PvE Starter Gear
    https://media.giphy.com/media/6CovzgyTig7M4/giphy.gif
    • Gear: 5 Law of Julianos (heavy chest, gloves/belt light, and the rest can be light or 1 medium piece if you're not wearing medium anywhere else on your body. All in training if grinding for XP or divines), Armor of the Seducer or Magnus' Gift head, shoulder, and staves (light with 1 medium piece if you are not already wearing 1 medium Julianos piece. All in training or divines. The staves should be training or infused), and 3 purple Willpower Jewelry with Arcane trait (can be bought from trading guilds for relatively cheap.
    • Check tamrieltradecentre.com for the best deals if you're not using a price checking addon).
    Race
    https://media.giphy.com/media/sdEkeWpiaGz0A/giphy.gif
    • High elf, since you will not have issues with sustain, but other mag based races are also fine so this is more of a personal choice.
    Mundus Stones
    https://media.giphy.com/media/cT3wMhLGQWdKU/giphy.gif
    • PvP: The Lover for penetration when playing a sorc or temp.
    • PvE Healing/Damage: The Thief for decent crit rate.
    • PvE Tanking: The Lady to get close to resistance cap.
    Current Champion Points
    https://media.giphy.com/media/l4FGDAx6u3hthMhgI/giphy.gif
    • DPS Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Exploiter, Weapons Expert, Biting Aura, Thaumaturge, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • Healer Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Hope Infusion, Weapon's Expert, Arcane Supremacy, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • Tanky Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Ironclad, Enduring Resolve, Reinforced, Duelist's Rebuff, Bastion, Ward Master, Rejuvenation, Fortified.
    • PvP Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Weapon's Expert, Occult Overload, Arcane Supremacy, Bastion, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • PvE Temp: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Fighting Finesse, Master-at-Arms, Weapons Expert, Biting Aura, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • PvP Temp: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Weapon's Expert, From the Brink, Arcane Supremacy, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    Favorite Foods and Potions
    https://media.giphy.com/media/3otPoTggaYFNd1FdAI/giphy.gif
    • Parse Food for PvE:(DPS) Ghastly Eye Bowl (increases Max Magicka by 4592 and Magicka Recovery by 459 for 2 hours).
    • Gold/Purple Food for Sorc PvP and Meme Tanking:(PvP) Clockwork Citrus Filet (increases Max Health by 3326, Health Recovery by 406 [useful if stage 1 vampire], Max Magicka by 3080, and Magicka Recovery by 338 for 2 hours). Witchmother's Potent Brew (Increase Max Magicka by 2856, Max Health by 3094, and Magicka Recovery by 315 for 2 hours.
    • Trash Potions when feeling cheap: Regular CP150 Essence of Magicka pots that I obtain frequently from playing the game or Crown Tri-Restoration Potion obtained from dailies.
    • Crafted Potions: Essence of Spell Critical (Bugloss, Lady's Smock, and Water Hyacinth). Without magelight this is my primary means of obtaining Major Prophecy on my Sorc, which increases my Spell Critical Rating. This also heals and restores magicka. Essence of Immovability (Columbine, Corn Flower, and Wormwood). I use this in PvP, since this gives me stealth detection, knockback immunity, and restores magicka (better to use it when competent allies are nearby, since it might reveal that you are surrounded by multiple players in stealth and you will not have an emergency pot available after use). Essence of Invisibility with only 2 ingredients (Blue Entoloma, Namira's Rot, Nirnroot, or Spider Egg). I use this in PvE content that requires stealth and if I need more speed I'll use Rapid Maneuver before using the potion. Essence of Invisibility with 3 ingredients (Blessed Thistle, Blue Entoloma, and Namira's Rot). Very useful in PvP alongside the vampire Dark Stalker passive, since you'll be invisible, ignore movement speed penalty while in Crouch, and you'll have a 30% movement speed boost from Major Expedition (I always have this slotted when riding from point A to B in PvP land, since gankers are always lurking). My templar will mostly use Essence of Health (Tri-Stat Potion) Ingredients: (Mountain Flower, Columbine, and Bugloss).
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I absolutely love costumes, but haven't bothered to do this grind. 50 is just too much. I think I have around 5 collected because of sending various characters through just for the skill point and skyshard, but it's not fun to spend hours and hours on something that doesn't drop much. It should tell ZOS something that even people who love costumes aren't bothering with this grind.
This discussion has been closed.