The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

T(G)ank Heavy armor, open letter to Combat Team

• etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sangwyne wrote: »

Please let me know how Magicka is stronger, I'm just not seeing it. In PvP, the bias is against Magicka.

In PvP it's broken one way in PvE the other. There are progression guilds that don't even allow stamina characters into vet trials any more.
    Edited by etchedpixels on May 1, 2021 2:01PM
    Too many toons not enough time
  • Sangwyne
    Sangwyne
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Please let me know how Magicka is stronger, I'm just not seeing it. In PvP, the bias is against Magicka.

In PvP it's broken one way in PvE the other. There are progression guilds that don't even allow stamina characters into vet trials any more.

PvE isn't trying to deny reality and pretend differently. They've acknowledged Magicka is stronger, so that's what they run. And after these changes, where Orb, one of the highest DPS DOT skills, was nerfed, Caltrops were buffed, and proc sets (Like Relequen) scale off Weapon/Spell damage, which Stamina builds scale much higher, that meta could very well flip.
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm always curious about these numbers people are pulling out. I main a tank and I like to focus on health - granted I'm not a min-maxer so I probably missed a bunch of possibilities along the way, but I'm sitting right around 50k in my dungeon/trial gear. And because I'm so heavy into health, I hit like a wet noodle.

How are these people ending up with health twice as high with weapon damage and everything else to boot?

It seems that the problem isn't just "Crimson," it's "Crimson + something else." And the "something else" seems to be transformation ultimates, which are giving a massive health buff.

Would it help to make it so proc sets don't proc when you're transformed? I mean, a bone goliath is obviously not wearing armor...

I will admit Crimson is strange to have an 8m radius if melee is 7. Crimson's really helpful when you're surrounded, but if it only hit in melee range, it'd be much easier to get out of. What if Crimson's AoE just got scaled down to melee, and then you took away the ability for transformation ults to cheese scaled procs?

Well for you, since you like HP you will love this album. Thank Gaze of Sithis ;)

https://imgur.com/a/AYuYOkp

Edit: oops forgot these two:

shimmering, only minor toughness:

hhxbcda62td4.png

shimmering, minor toughness vamp:

t16trivujlic.png

keep in mind, not optimized.

Wow, that's incredible - I didn't realize it was so easy for Wardens to get that.

I know Minor Toughness is a rare buff, but it seems that Wardens have easy access to it... would make sense that most of the complaints about 'high Crimson procs' are specifically about Wardens or Necroes since they have a way to bump their health really high without sacrificing damage.

I have a DK tank build that I can solo basic stuff with - usually getting somewhere around 10k when I'm still tanky with Leeching. I know I could do better if I respecced, but there is a certain amount of RPer in me that wants to stick with heavy armor.

...ah well, this is already getting more complicated than I personally like. Once I have to start pulling out the spreadsheets and number crunching, I've stopped having fun. There's a reason I like storytelling way more than PvP.
  • AgentUriel
    AgentUriel
    ✭✭✭
    If this goes through I'm using it. Screw it. I've already got a build figured out and it would be crazy. Too crazy. I guess we can all have fun... I'll be at 70k hp without goliath. Thanks for the inspiration.
  • Sangwyne
    Sangwyne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AgentUriel wrote: »
    If this goes through I'm using it. Screw it. I've already got a build figured out and it would be crazy. Too crazy. I guess we can all have fun... I'll be at 70k hp without goliath. Thanks for the inspiration.

70k without Goliath? Now that I'd like to see. Do it without a transformation ultimate. Because the only way you're reaching 70k without Goliath is with Blood Scion and a serious amount of investment in health, leaving you with zero room to grab damage, or anything else for that matter.

Meanwhile, Necro grabs all the damage they like, pops Goliath and still has more HP than the builds that actually invest in it. While scaling the damage from Crimson, Thews, and the damage on Goliath itself off more HP than anyone else can achieve. ZOS specifically nerfed every other ability that dealt damage based off max HP, but left Gripping Shards and Ravenous Goliath, on the two DLC classes, and let DLC classes achieve more HP than anyone else with Minor Toughness and Goliath.
  • Lord_Imrhial
    Lord_Imrhial
    ✭✭✭
    BlueRaven wrote: »
    Oh goodie, another destroy tanks in PvE so I can kill everyone in PvP thread.

Tank damage has been consistently nerfed for years now.

“But PvE tanks don’t need to do big damage in a dungeons!”

Tanks don’t just disappear when the dungeon is over, they have to do dailies, go resource farming, etc. Taking forever to kill the two lions near an ore node is not fun gameplay.

“They can carry around another set of gear for overland stuff.”

...And still do lower damage then a pure dps. OR they can put away their tank stuff, become a pure dps and do overland much, much easier, AND still do all of the content tanks can do, PLUS do solo arenas.

That is why their is so few tanks. Low damage. Extra requirements for overland adventuring. Can’t do all content.

Not. Fun.

Have you considered finding a way you could achieve your goals without affecting PvE?

A-flipping-men. I like playing Tanks and my main is a Tank. I shouldn't have to go level and re-do everything as a DPS just to go enjoy doing PvE content (aka, like 90% of the content). Things like zaan's are a literal life-saver when doing content that has a big boss now and then and I have no idea how to re-gain that sort of damage.

I honestly think sets should just scale completely different when in PvP versus PvE. I get a lot of people play PvP and in PvP balance is a harder beast to tame, but a ton of people also do PvE but they are very different things and yet we are bound to the same tools (set scales) for both.

I truly think sets should have separate stats/scales for PvP versus PvE.
    Edited by Lord_Imrhial on May 3, 2021 12:25PM
  • Anyron
    Anyron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BlueRaven wrote: »
    Oh goodie, another destroy tanks in PvE so I can kill everyone in PvP thread.

Tank damage has been consistently nerfed for years now.

“But PvE tanks don’t need to do big damage in a dungeons!”

Tanks don’t just disappear when the dungeon is over, they have to do dailies, go resource farming, etc. Taking forever to kill the two lions near an ore node is not fun gameplay.

“They can carry around another set of gear for overland stuff.”

...And still do lower damage then a pure dps. OR they can put away their tank stuff, become a pure dps and do overland much, much easier, AND still do all of the content tanks can do, PLUS do solo arenas.

That is why their is so few tanks. Low damage. Extra requirements for overland adventuring. Can’t do all content.

Not. Fun.

Have you considered finding a way you could achieve your goals without affecting PvE?

A-flipping-men. I like playing Tanks and my main is a Tank. I shouldn't have to go level and re-do everything as a DPS just to go enjoy doing PvE content (aka, like 90% of the content). Things like zaan's are a literal safe-saver when doing content that has a big boss now and then and I have no idea how to re-gain that sort of damage.

I honestly think sets should just scale completely different when in PvP versus PvE. I get a lot of people play PvP and in PvP balance is a harder beast to tame, but a ton of people also do PvE but they are very different things and yet we are bound to the same tools (set scales) for both.

I truly think sets should have separate stats/scales for PvP versus PvE.

zaan for overland seems like overkill to me.
    swaping cps and atributes for overland is just nonsense too. overland is joke

you need it only when playing vet dungs + trials, and you go there as tank i assume, when you play tank. not as dps
    for arena you need build that is 33/33/33 (damage, healing, survivability) which means you can just swap sets and still be using those cps and atributes
  • Mionikoi
    Mionikoi
    ✭✭
    AgentUriel wrote: »

70k without Goliath? Now that I'd like to see. Do it without a transformation ultimate. Because the only way you're reaching 70k without Goliath is with Blood Scion and a serious amount of investment in health, leaving you with zero room to grab damage, or anything else for that matter.

Meanwhile, Necro grabs all the damage they like, pops Goliath and still has more HP than the builds that actually invest in it. While scaling the damage from Crimson, Thews, and the damage on Goliath itself off more HP than anyone else can achieve. ZOS specifically nerfed every other ability that dealt damage based off max HP, but left Gripping Shards and Ravenous Goliath, on the two DLC classes, and let DLC classes achieve more HP than anyone else with Minor Toughness and Goliath.

Or, separate the ultimate from effecting proc sets. Either way, there are worse exploits out right now in PTS. Like:
    https://youtu.be/PzIH6pdj4go

It would be funny if all these crazy numbers we are concerned (and for some, hysterical) about essentially get balanced by an increase in... Well, just about everything else. Then a 100K health tank might not be that impressive if a stam or magblade is hitting with an access of that amount...

Even a 200k health tank is not very impressive if you can reach burst damage equal to half their health.

Edit: Well, they nerfed crimson. By 44%
    Edited by Mionikoi on May 4, 2021 10:44AM