The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.

[Poll] Do you want CP Changes, again?

• Nebula_DooM
    Nebula_DooM
    ✭✭✭
    They should reintroduced diminishing returns. That way lower cp can still benefit from gaining stats and % damage and healing while the higher cp levels won't gain too much out of it. The new cp system is so basic too
  • Curious_Death
    Curious_Death
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello
    In pvp health regen will be cut as healing - whats the point of PVP gear like alessian?
    But true problem is : CP 30 hp regen each 10 ultimate u have - WHATS THE POINT?
    IN PVE EVEN TANKS uses ultimate when they have it ! in pvp - every other perk is more usefull than keeping ultimate for pathetic regen that is cut now by half... also what with vampire - they got cut bcz of pvp ... now its also pintless? pls explain!
  • Zodiarkslayer
    Zodiarkslayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do not get why people assume, that ZOS has THE ANSWER right off the bet. When my former employer adopted a new ERP system, they took more than two years until they had figured everything out. And that was just the client side or user side of things.

People need to understand, that BIG changes need BIG testing. And testing in controlled environment, which I assume is what they are doing pre PTS, or on public test servers themselves are never going to produce enough DATA to even extrapolate the complete impact of your new system. Never.
    YOU NEED TO GO LIVE! Period! And then monitor, control and adopt...
    We are currently in a monitor and control Phase. U30 is the first iteration for adaptation.

We, the players, had still too much power through CP alone and it is not what they had intended ESO to become.

[non-political statement following] And PASSIVE power disenfrenchises the player.
    Edited by Zodiarkslayer on May 20, 2021 10:46AM
    read, think and write.In that order.
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hi , how are all of you. i disagree with "Yes, reduce CP Passive's Cost by 50% and Effect by 50%" some of the effects aren't that strong like on crafting tree to require a 50% power decrease.

unfortunately you can't edit your post. but the logical option would be "Yes, reduce CP Passive's Costs , maybe add new passives (especially to craft tree) and if needed decrease some passive effects.

since i don't have this option to chose from, i prefer to chose the "leave cp has it is option" on this thread.

I am @fluffypallascat pc eu if someone wants to play together
    Shadow strike is the best cp passive ever!
  • Riptide
    Riptide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should reintroduced diminishing returns. That way lower cp can still benefit from gaining stats and % damage and healing while the higher cp levels won't gain too much out of it.

Seems simple, elegant and makes you scratch your head at the reasoning to not utilize it.
    I do not get why people assume, that ZOS has THE ANSWER right off the bet. When my former employer adopted a new ERP system, they took more than two years until they had figured everything out. And that was just the client side or user side of things.

People need to understand, that BIG changes need BIG testing. And testing in controlled environment, which I assume is what they are doing pre PTS, or on public test servers themselves are never going to produce enough DATA to even extrapolate the complete impact of your new system. Never.

Also agree with the gist here. I think it is possible there is a shockingly small amount of internal testing, like it wouldn’t surprise me if it was a handful of people.

It seems strange to not simply adjust the amount of xp required to get levels, if progression time seemed too short. It is noninvasive. But then the fact you could gain cp past cap, and that whole mechanic I think generated some of this problem to start with. The cp creep made dlcs or whatever zero progression mode at releases etc, then strangely pegged it a long stretch.

The other issue is the disparity between non scrolled normal questing and block out a week and hammer scrolled/event grinding. It is so vast that it makes it wonky. And the average player may well be getting the vast majority of their xp primarily from the first, but still putting a lot of hours in. Anyway that whole deal nudges things...but again adjust via nudging the diminishing returns formula at the xp to level curve.
    Esse quam videri.
  • honey_badger82
    honey_badger82
    ✭✭✭✭
    Riptide wrote: »
    Well, this is may be unpopular here - but I think vertical progression should end at around 1400-1500 on the outside. That is around a year of active playing from zero. Not grinding with xp scrolls 365 days straight in a rotation that gives carpal tunnel, but not just doing crafting writs either. It would be about a year of doing 3-4 hours most days playing somewhat efficiently if my loose arithmetic is right (which it may not be).

A year from 0 cp, and about six months from 810 to cap vertical, and half that if hard nosed about it - that seems about right and reasonable to me. Horizontal after that for convenience and prestige.

As for progression, I mean they capped at as at 810 forever, so having any output for points above the vert cap is new and fresh overall. It is far from perfect, but they seem to have no beta/testing team. They knew they would get an influx of people as they do every summer expansion. This has been the testing quarter, surely few are actually surprised they released cp tree this quarter and tuned it for the release of the expansion when the flood of new/returning people come.

What would be pleasant is if you could spent 2 red or blue points for one green or some mechanic for quality of life. It wouldn’t be much but it would be something.

Here is what is unreasonable - vertical progression that goes on indefinitely or takes years to cap from scratch. That is simply not workable. Hard pill to swallow for those that have been playing hard from the get or raced to 1800-2000 and have no path to a fresh feeling of vertical progression, but it is the truth.

dude this is a 3600 level cp system... 1400-1500 isn't even half that! Also I have been playing for 3 years with quite a bit of hardcore grinding... I just passed cp 1100. Good luck hitting 1500 in just 1 year even with the xp curve. I currently gain 1 maybe 2 levels a day depending how many daily random dungeons I do, that's with a xp scroll always active. I was above 930 when cp 2.0 hit so it's not like I jumped up a huge amount in the nearly 3 months since release.

I do agree vertical needs to end earlier but with that said its because I think 3600 is far more cp than needed to even flesh out horizontal progression. Right now most above CP 1800 have unused points as there is literally nothing they will use to put them in. I think 2400cp should be the limit with about 1400 being the end of vertical.

Also you miss the big point, no one is upset that they are cutting the passive points to reach its max power, we are all upset they cut the power with it. For christ sake they could have simply cut the cost per stage in half! That would of left us with as many stages and just as much attained power but recieved quicker. What they did hurts EVERYONE!