Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Poll] Do you want CP Changes, again?

• karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Players are honestly still too powerful. They should have cut it down 75% down to the first tier only. CP shouldn't be too strong, player input should.
  • Merca
    Merca
    How we have already been tortured by some individuals. Here, a hundredth percent of people don't like what developers do. In response, they make mechanics even worse. As a result, everyone suffers. And those who scream the most about this, they themselves practically do not play.
  • remosito
    remosito
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fix the *** green tree micromanagment before doing anything else with cp trees.

oh... and up the penalty point of 1800 to 2000 with blackwood.
    ShutYerTrap (selectively mute NPC dialogues (stuga, companions); displayleads (antiquity leads location); UndauntedPledgeQueuer (small daily undaunted dungeon queuer window)
  • Abelon
    Abelon
    ✭✭✭✭
    I really didn't mind CP 2.0. Sure, it could be improved here and there, like with the green tree. But it really isn't as bad as some people make it out to be.

The new changes though? What's the point of them? They don't benefit any group of players whatsoever. The hardcore players don't get any benefit, the new players don't any get benefit, the regular casual players do not get any benefit. 2.0 did make me excited to grind levels to get the numbers up. The new changes make me not want to open the CP tab at all. I don't want to see those ridiculously tiny numbers and percentages.

I also see people on the forums (not in this thread, but elsewhere) trying to point fingers and blame the changes on other players. Things like "oh yeah, you didn't want to grind and ZOS listened, good job" or things like "you thought the game was too easy and wanted it to be harder, well here you go!" And that's just so absurd. Looking at the changes, I doubt ZOS listened to anyone at all. The new system doesn't even benefit the players who asked for the things mentioned above.

I'm not going to throw around empty threats like "ooh, me cancel sub if something get nerfed." But I'd be lying if I said that the new changes won't influence my enjoyment of the game. And like many others I have to wonder what will come next. So far the new changes are taking a few huge steps backwards instead of improving the CP system.
  • penguin_zombies
    I remember when CP 2.0 was first shown off during a livestream, the devs talked about late game vertical progression coming in the form of health and general survivability, rather than character power. What happened to that? That seemed like a very fair way to balance vertical progression. New players can get their character up to speed power wise relatively quickly, and long term players still have a way to continue progressing their character vertically without massive power creep.

I understand there'd certainly need to be some balance changes to things that scale of health and health recovery, but the core idea seemed like a great way to add long-term vertical progression that doesn't feel nearly as mandatory.
    Edited by penguin_zombies on April 29, 2021 1:36PM
  • Snow_White
    Snow_White
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly, I don’t know why they just didn’t implement diminishing returns again. If the slottable was worth 10%, give 4% for stage one, 3% for stage two, 2% for stage three, and 1% for stage 1. No stage 5 because I like round numbers... but, whatever floats your boat.

It’d make newer players stronger, quicker, with less of a power gap and still providing a minor reward to those who put in the time to gain more CP.

That said, the changes read like the problem was that CP was too strong and this was a clumsy attempt at selling us that they were doing us a favour by reducing lateral progression. Lateral progression is, IMO, a good reason to grind, and by reducing it they’re reducing the number of reasons to continue playing the game.

The problem with horizontal progression is that it’s a waste of time. They could add 100 stars to the game, there’ll only be 4 BIS (with maybe a couple of situational choices like Backstabber), and once you have them you can ignore everything else.

IMO.
    Edited by Snow_White on April 29, 2021 1:40PM
  • DinoZavr
    DinoZavr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Horizontal might become a bit more horizontal is the 5th slot added at CP2000 and the 6th one for CP3000 for all 3 trees.
    (this does not mean the Green tree does not require a complete rework. how it is implemented now is very inconvenient).

edit: corrected an error
    Edited by DinoZavr on April 29, 2021 3:00PM
    PC EU
  • MrZeDark
    MrZeDark
    ✭✭✭
    DinoZavr wrote: »
    Horizontal might become a bit more horizontal is the 5th slot added at CP2000 and the 6th one for CP3000 for all 3 trees.
    (this does not mean the Green tree does not require a complete rework. how it is implemented now is very inconvenient).

edit: corrected an error

Horizontal growth need more passives - not slots. As it comes back to once you have your bis actives, you’re done.

They need to include passives that add more flavor based on maxing actives. So if you have 40 pts in thaum, you can now gain access to passives that increase flame dmg of aoe, but reduce frost dmg — or now aoe can proc some bs. Lol .. there needs to be more focus on specialization to a build that is in fact regardless to low or complaints - attainable by high levels.
  • AgentUriel
    AgentUriel
    ✭✭✭
    Wait. Why doesn't ZoS just take the middle of the road approach and give people More for Less?
    Just reduce the cost of all of the passives stars by half and keep the benefits?
    I mean what would it really change for the game? More goodies faster? Personally I think that would make progression feel more rewarding and let everyone keep the power they already have while including newer slottable stars.
    Edited by AgentUriel on April 29, 2021 6:13PM
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What an odd design choice:

They went and increased the CP but do not want players becoming any stronger? did it not occur to them someone with 2000 CP would be stronger then someone with 500 CP? why even increase it in the first place?

Who is at fault here? Is it the PvP players due to balance in PvP? why not just remove the CP campaigns altogether, no CP PvP is much more fun and engaging, for PvE I do not see why it matters if one player is 10x stronger then another or is it about a scoreboard that a significantly large portion of the player base does not care about.

I was on the PTS and felt that a character with 3600 CP was pretty weak and the CP slots need to stay or be buffed, they do not need nerfing to the point that their is no point in leveling, before you know it the difference between a level 50 character with no CP and a character with 3600 CP will be smaller then the difference between a Level 50 character and a level 40 character.

Amen
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • Styxius
    Styxius
    ✭✭✭✭
    I do not like the passive nerfs, just add more stars.
  • master_vanargand
    master_vanargand
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The ceiling of CP2.0 was too high.
    It's good to lower CP.
  • Marto
    Marto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with ZOS' assessment that the power of players is a bit too high moment, and a nerf is needed.

However, I feel like having small numbers like 320 critical rating (which only equates to a meager 1.5% crit chance) makes CP builds less defined and less interesting.

I'd rather they keep the values of CP stars as they are right now, and give a slight nerf to the base values of health/crit/penetration/etc. every player gets.
    "According to the calculations of the sages of the Cult of the Ancestor Moth, the batam guar is the cutest creature in all Tamriel"
  • spotzhopz
    spotzhopz
    ✭✭✭
    Snow_White wrote: »
    Honestly, I don’t know why they just didn’t implement diminishing returns again. If the slottable was worth 10%, give 4% for stage one, 3% for stage two, 2% for stage three, and 1% for stage 1. No stage 5 because I like round numbers... but, whatever floats your boat.

This is how i think they should go about it.

Also maybe making cp gain faster. Like im not someone who has time to grind all the time. Ive been playing almost a year and im a little under 700(i had 4 characters to cp before i got to 160. Took my time i guess). When i have time to play, grinding isnt how i want to spend my time, i want to have fun not run around dolmens repeatedly. I just choose to not worry about cp, ive sone some of the harder vet dungeons just fine, i play no cp PvP. So it doesnt effect me as much, but some faster cp lvl gain would be nice.
  • Hurbster
    Hurbster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sort the green tree out. Its anti- quality of life.
    So they raised the floor and lowered the ceiling. Except the ceiling has spikes in it now and the floor is also lava.
  • MrZeDark
    MrZeDark
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you everyone for your feedback!!

@ZOS_GinaBruno plz plz plz don’t let the CP reduction move to live ;_;
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The good part is that there are new slottable stars added, very nice to have more options so Im happy with this.

The bad parts is the 50% nerf of passive stars, it barely makes any difference for low CP players but its taking away something from players who had these already unlocked.

More choices = good
    Taking power away = bad
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • MrZeDark
    MrZeDark
    ✭✭✭
    The good part is that there are new slottable stars added, very nice to have more options so Im happy with this.

The bad parts is the 50% nerf of passive stars, it barely makes any difference for low CP players but its taking away something from players who had these already unlocked.

More choices = good
    Taking power away = bad

I think taking power away is fine, if additional options are provided to balance the loss.. not more active, but more passives that add utility to the losses. Though these implementations have to occur together - not take power 1 month and reward me back 3 mo later.
  • MrZeDark
    MrZeDark
    ✭✭✭
    Keep voting everyone!! They are anonymous, I am not trying to create a thread to target anyones opinions!!

If you have any strong feelings on CP direction, you should click your choice! :)
    Edited by MrZeDark on April 30, 2021 3:09PM
  • sjean73
    sjean73
    their should be an option to lower cost of passive stars by 50% and just leave them like that... not reducing anything else
  • MrZeDark
    MrZeDark
    ✭✭✭
    sjean73 wrote: »
    their should be an option to lower cost of passive stars by 50% and just leave them like that... not reducing anything else

This has been suggested - nerfing the value doesn’t resolve their concept of reducing a power gap - making them cheaper does, and doesn’t impact higher lvl toons :)

I wish they would at least try reducing cost before value.
  • Mumbles_the_Tank
    Mumbles_the_Tank
    ✭✭✭
    Marto wrote: »
    I agree with ZOS' assessment that the power of players is a bit too high moment, and a nerf is needed.

Plenty of new, shiny and broken gear in the pipe implying damage is going up - as usual.

So we are yet again being told by the left hand of ZoS that we need to be reigned in while the right hand provides the means to not just sidestep the first statement, it’s completely eclipsed.

Only this time it’s at the expense of our supposed progression. Probably because they’re running out of skills and passives to butcher. So what will we trade from our characters for the next round of broken gear, I wonder?

Their assessment is bunk - don’t p*** in my ear and tell me it’s raining.
  • MrZeDark
    MrZeDark
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks to all that have voted!!

We still have 3-4 weeks of testing left though! Let’s see if we can get some more!

Votes are anonymous, and no requirement to post your thoughts!
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    All crafting tree should be passive
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • Ishtarknows
    Ishtarknows
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The whole purpose of the CP system was PROGRESSION. This game has no other progression.
    <snip>

Name one other game where new players can pull out their credit card and buy a game, and that same day expect to jump into end game raid content. EVERYONE has to level up. This idea they need to make it easier for new players is fine but you don't gut the only progression system the game has to do it.

This. Exactly this. Stop catering for players who joined 5 minutes ago. Why should their stats be on a par with players who have played for years? This whole gutting of the cp tree might be a quick fix for the whiners who are moaning that they don't wanna grind cp, but by stopping meaningful progression how will those players feel in 6 months or next year when they are still no more powerful than at the start of the game?
    Make it all about diminishing returns if you have to - cp 1.0 was pretty great for that.

And zos please make choosing a cp node actually have value. 2% extra heals or 2% damage mitigation is practically worthless. May as well not even bother.
  • Aldia_of_Drangleic
    Aldia_of_Drangleic
    ✭✭✭
    All these changes are so exhausting and demotivating... :(
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    current CP is ok, even a bit OP in some cases. I like it )
  • MrZeDark
    MrZeDark
    ✭✭✭
    mocap wrote: »
    current CP is ok, even a bit OP in some cases. I like it )

I mean it should be a bit more powerful than our 810 cap, by later levels - but not grossly more powerful.
  • remosito
    remosito
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    like the new la/ha active skill
    ShutYerTrap (selectively mute NPC dialogues (stuga, companions); displayleads (antiquity leads location); UndauntedPledgeQueuer (small daily undaunted dungeon queuer window)
  • MrZeDark
    MrZeDark
    ✭✭✭
    remosito wrote: »
    like the new la/ha active skill

?? Those don’t improve the power curve, less your build relies more on LA/HA than any other weaving toon - or a toon that has no reliance on either AoE or DoT, to replace bitter or thaum for it.