The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Moth swarm or amethyst eyelashes?

winterscrolls229prerb18_ESO
First, let me just admit that i'm male, so kinda cringing at asking this question...

But what would you all suggest, should i get the amethyst eyelashes or ancestor moth swarm? Are there any instant buyers remorse realisations for either of these options? The rootbrim hat with flower looks okay as well. I guess none of them are an instabuy hence the question. The eyes look great for wood elves, and my main is a wood elf, but not much else. With the butterflies, i thought i would like the mara butterfly from the other crates, bit it was strangely a bit of a letdown.

I only have enough gems for one choice.

Ahh well, been doing dolly dressup for decades now so no point of feeling bad about it here. Especially with how good it is.
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It will be down to your personal taste, but for me the Amethyst Eyelashes are too over the top (but I don't use any other eyelashes than the Dark Emphasis Eyelash and the Bronze Color Eyeshadow which have a more realistic look).

The Ancestor Moth Swarm is definitely far superior to any of the Moth and Butterfly options, because it's a whole kaleidoscope of butterflies (5 ancestor moths) which is far more visible than the single butterfly versions, and their movement as a group is more interesting too. The pet also has the bonus of being usable as House decoration.
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In my opinion, both eyelashes in Wild Hunt Crates are beautiful, the best of all I've seen so far :) If I had to choose between Moth Swarm pet ot beautiful Amethyst eyelashes, I would buy eyelashes with no regrets <3

I've also bought Azure Feather eyelashes. They are too babulous :smiley:

UpSXSBe.jpg

And don't forget that these crates will be back again in future. So if you will still want the Moth Swarm, you will have a chance at this pet.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you haven’t many Gems and don’t often buy crates, then I would wait until you see something that is an insta buy for you.

I do really like the Ancestor Moth Swarm for housing as they are a perfect addition to a magical garden or woodland glade! I bought them for Gems myself. Now as a pet to follow you around, I do like the Dusklight Lunar Moth but I found the Ancestor Moth Swarm to be too much. It might have been all the movement or the combination with their also glowing, but that might just be what distracts or bothers me visually, while you might like them very much if you found the single butterfly underwhelming.

I have not bought the Amethyst Eyelashes nor similar from other crate seasons as they are a bit mich for my taste. I do use the Dark Emphasis Eyelashes from the Barbaric Beauty pack on several characters and like them except for the fact that they don’t seem to work on male characters at least not the one I tried it on (the eyelashes were somehow in the middle of his eyes instead of aligned with his eyelids). You may want to check what Appearance category the Amethyst Eyelashes are in, determining whether you could combine them with other makeup, etc. The Dark Emphasis Eyelashes are in Facial Hair, which is both logical and quite convenient for female characters!

I hope that helps some! :)
    Edited by Araneae6537 on April 25, 2021 9:04PM
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Fischblut what Appearance category are the Amethyst Eyelashes in?

And the eyelashes work well on male characters too? That is good to see. I don’t know if you’ve also tried to use and had problems with the Dark Emphasis Eyelashes on male characters — or perhaps those are far too understated for your taste! 😜

As for waiting until the crates make another comeback, unless I am mistaken, this is their first reappearance in three years, since they were released! Now we may hope ZOS brings back crates and other items more frequently, but there are also more and more seasons, so who knows how often that will be for any particular season.
    Edited by Araneae6537 on April 25, 2021 2:36PM
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Araneae6537 Amethyst Eyelashes are in "Facial Hair" category.
    I don’t know if you’ve also tried to use and had problems with the Dark Emphasis Eyelashes on male characters — or perhaps those are far too understated for your taste!

It's interesting that you mention exactly these eyelashes, cause the only character I use them on is my male model :smiley: I bought them just for him.

VvmwENZ.jpg
    As for waiting until the crates make another comeback, unless I am mistaken, this is their first reappearance in three years, since they were released! Now we may hope ZOS brings back crates and other items more frequently, but there are also more and more seasons, so who knows how often that will be for any particular season.

Last time they returned in October 2018, definitely one of the rarest seasons.
  • LurgidBean
    LurgidBean
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Ancestor Moths make a high pitched "tinkling" sound that I personally can't stand which is a shame because they're a very nice pet I can't use.
    If you are into housing at all, go Moth pet because as stated above, it's a really nice accent/addition to homes.
    Xbox NA/EU
    "Once I misplaced an entire roast chicken, so this doesn't surprise me."
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fischblut wrote: »
    @Araneae6537 Amethyst Eyelashes are in "Facial Hair" category.
    I don’t know if you’ve also tried to use and had problems with the Dark Emphasis Eyelashes on male characters — or perhaps those are far too understated for your taste!

It's interesting that you mention exactly these eyelashes, cause the only character I use them on is my male model :smiley: I bought them just for him.

VvmwENZ.jpg

Thank you for the info! :blush: The difficulty that I encounted must have been character specific then — perhaps having to do with the size, height or angle of the character’s eyes. It was a male woodelf with large eyes and I have since recreated the character (to adjust some other characteristics and change his name) so it might be worth trying them again. :)
    Edited by Araneae6537 on April 25, 2021 9:02PM
  • winterscrolls229prerb18_ESO
    Thanks for all the helpful information.

Next day got the moth swarm. The eye lashes don't preview so well in bright daylight.

So i don't think the moths are as good as the rabbit, but much better than the mara butterfly. Also the noise is gone.. same with the nixad wings which seemed to have stopped buzzing some time in the past also.

Yeah will get the eye lashes with daily challenge tokens.

Thanks again for the tips!