Companions are hilarious!

• Ryuvain
    Ryuvain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    Ryuvain wrote: »
    Yep, mind that I'm only talking live servers. No aggro or damage at all. Even on bosses. Using clanfear and twilight.
    I can test pts tomorrow, was trying out companions all day.

That is odd indeed. I'm talking live server (PC/NA). I've been running this setup for years (literally) and it works for me. No twilight, just the Clannfear. In fact, i just ran two group dungeons solo last night. (Darkshade Caverns I and City of Ash I )

My Clannfear taunts and holds aggro, even on bosses and it does take damage (albeit less than for overland).

And i recall ZOS making these exact statements back then, that they only removed the taunt and added invulnerability if you are grouped, but left it in when you are solo.
    post-2-1445282250.gif

What, I want your game then lol. I'm PCNA too, and my pets on sorc don't hold aggro at all, or take damage.

If they worked for me like that, I could solo much more dungeons...
    I even tried changing my group role before walking in. Tried healer and tank role. Maybe dps role would work? Does it work with double pets for you? What slot is clanfear?

I really want to figure this out now.
    Can our own skills and sets buff and shield our companions?

For examples:
    If we cast Molten Armaments will it give our companions major brutality and sorcery?
    If we wear sets like Combat Physician will it shield the companion?

If it only targets players and not pets, then it won't work. Only thing that hits companions are things that will hit pets. Targeting does not consider them players or in your group.

They should change this, would help using companions. Also they don't use synergies either.
    Edited by Ryuvain on April 22, 2021 9:41PM
    That one khajiit obsessed with werewolf behemoth and vampire lord. Lady Thorn is bae, dont @ me.
    Werewolf behemoth=vampire lord>blood scion>werewolf>vampire.
    Options
  • The_Old_Goat
    The_Old_Goat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are the companion gear pieces completely random or can you farm a dungeon for a specific piece?
    Options
  • StamPlar_1976
    StamPlar_1976
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alekero wrote: »
    Its not SWTOR when you can beat some [snip] from almost everything with companion (Shae ftw) but a good (small af but good) step forward to right direction. Someday companions will tank as their bros n sis in swtor lol

[Edit for censor bypass.]

Yeah. Companions in SWTOR are awesome. They really allow you to solo group stuff and do their exact job.
    Options
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't mind the option to inhabit my companion, if my own character got disabled or I died. What do I mean by that? For example in the Ulfnor / Sabina fight in Fang Lair, Sabina will chain you and you are disabled. If I got control over my companion at that point, there might actually be a chance the companion is not acting stupid (cause I'm in charge) and will kill Sabina, breaking the chain. Same idea in Fungal 2. Would allow soloing those dungeons.

Doing it this way would not require improving the AI nor for companions to be made overly powerful, but it might allow you to solo stuff you otherwise could not.
    Edited by fred4 on May 4, 2021 5:59AM
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
    Options