The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Necromancer Gravelord Passive, over nerfed?

• Tessitura
    Tessitura
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, I would be fine with them dropping the passive all together in favor of a actual execute ability. What kind of death magic user doesn't have one anyway? This "execute" passive was dumb to begin with. Only really see much use in pve which you can make due without if you needed to. In pvp necro's dont even use their offensive kit outside of BB so useless there, even if people didn't tend to have a lot of crit resist.

A crit passive is a poor substitute for a real execute ability. Which I dont understand why not every class has access to at this point. Since all stam characters get free executes and half the classes have built in executes, it seems stupid that three builds have to cobble together something when it's all over the place.
  • eelis_lancet
    eelis_lancet
    Soul Shriven
    Necromancer have good solo target damage and exellent AoE damage, have irreplaceable group's buffs, have good vitality. Its need nerf, I'm totally agree with this changes.
  • GreenHere
    GreenHere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    Necromancer is just insanely strong in pvp, specially stamcro. They need a plethura of nerfs, but i would settle for mortal coil and spirit guardian nerfs. Specially the latter as 10% dmg mitigation and a great heal in one ability that lasts 16 seconds is just waow...

Could you even imagine how happy Dragonknights would be to get a skill that gave healing over time for just 8 seconds and 5% dmg mit? Even without any passives to go along with it!

Pretty sad that many of us mDKs would be thrilled to get a skill less than half as good as the latest paid class, right? :D
  • PvXGamer
    PvXGamer
    ✭✭✭
    At the end of the day Death Knell is given to necromancer in order to address their lack of an execute. Crit chance is exactly as it is named, a CHANCE to crit, versus skills that when used will hit if you are within range. The nerf is just making it more difficult to hit harder in execute range. So why not just remove Death Knell and the added crit chance all together and give necromancers an actual execute skill that is usable by both mag and stam instead of making the passive less meaningful?