The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Necromancer Gravelord Passive, over nerfed?

Styxius
Styxius
✭✭✭✭
Curious to see what people think regarding this change as this has been a common theme and function of Necromancer for a long time to help them compete with the execution that Nightblade provided in the past for example. Was this overnerfed? This was a 60% max which is rather high reduced to a 24% max assuming you slot every gravelord ability in the past only using 3-4 was common. What are your thoughts regarding this?
  • Vercingetorix
    Vercingetorix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Necromancer has no execute and Death Knell was supposed to (kinda) make up for it. With it gutted, necromancer DPS is going to tank hard. Also, STILL no fixes for the Stalking Blastbones or the laggy tether skills...
    “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This change was absolutely outrageous in both the PvE and PvP contexts. It's fully a 60% nerf, utterly annihilated.
  • Sangwyne
    Sangwyne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Necromancer needed a nerf, it was the top DPS in trials and broken in PvP too. Still is.
  • actosh
    actosh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds hard on paper, but i stil lthink they will be in the top 3 mag dps.
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    still waiting on my stalking blastbones fix. Been how long now?
    Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
  • hackdrag0n
    hackdrag0n
    ✭✭✭
    When score run guilds are using 7 magcro comps you just know they're going to be nerfed. Doubt this will ruin the class, if it blows too hard they'll scale it back to 6% or something. Regardless they needed adjustment and let's not forget that just about every other source of crit chance has already been reduced so why do necros get a free pass?
  • Grandma
    Grandma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    with how much more crit damage we'll have this patch i think it'll even out fine for necros. just means you need to slot a few more skills on your front bar. if you have all 6 that's 24% crit in execute. next patch ppl will just take thief and now they'll sit at 80-90% in execute. not the end of the world honestly. it was always a bit excessively overpowered. 10% crit just for slotting an ability? eh.
    GH / 3/04/2021 / Elemental Catalyst Necromancer
  • ghost_bg_ESO
    ghost_bg_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    and here i am from couple of weeks farming and choosing sets for raw damage...

Edit: more nerfs on crit was expected, doesn't mean it makes me happy, but meta one way or another will be flipped...
    Edited by ghost_bg_ESO on April 19, 2021 9:47PM
  • techprince
    techprince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slimecraw + Iceheart + Medusa + Mothers Sorrow + Thief + Precise Staff = 80% crit chance
    4 min skills on frontbar = 16% more crit chance so i will be sitting at 80%-96% crit chance.

• ghost_bg_ESO
    ghost_bg_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    techprince wrote: »
    Slimecraw + Iceheart + Medusa + Mothers Sorrow + Thief + Precise Staff = 80% crit chance
    4 min skills on frontbar = 16% more crit chance so i will be sitting at 80%-96% crit chance.

need only medusa nuclease to get, but in this case i see lot of choice and build diversity and class identity /no more fun builds - for results stick to the meta.../.

proc + full monster sets + MS goes obsolete.
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I’m glad I dismantled my necromancer yesterday, she’s now just a writ basher, with a nerf that big, clunky skills, bugs and the fact that several skills are just reskins of others, this class is a mess. Also, what’s the point of a necromancer that cannot summon skeleton swordsmen!?
  • Lynxyn
    Lynxyn
    ✭✭✭
    Sangwyne wrote: »
    Necromancer needed a nerf, it was the top DPS in trials and broken in PvP too. Still is.

[snip] The REAL classes that need gutted in pvp are pretty much every stam class with stamblade at the front and magsorcs.

Necro needed nerfs in pve but gutting a passive that only works at 25% health does barely anything lmao. Magcro damage is unchanged otherwise and now magblade, who performs just as well as magcro in single target, will be outperforming magcro even more than they were before in execute.

At the end of the day magcro is still going to be near the top and [snip] 99% of the people playing pve don't need to worry about what class is doing the best in pve because literally anything can work for all content. And considering there's no pro scene for pve like in wow with race to world first absolutely thrashing a class passive isn't a good decision.

[Edited to remove Baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on April 20, 2021 11:23AM
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It really needed a nerf, though I was surprised they cut it by that much.
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Seems like a big hit indeed but overall you will still be able to complete content in the game.
  • Lynxyn
    Lynxyn
    ✭✭✭
    hackdrag0n wrote: »
    When score run guilds are using 7 magcro comps you just know they're going to be nerfed. Doubt this will ruin the class, if it blows too hard they'll scale it back to 6% or something. Regardless they needed adjustment and let's not forget that just about every other source of crit chance has already been reduced so why do necros get a free pass?

To promote differences between classes? Why homogenize the classes even more than they already are? Because the top 1% is using them? Btw this was their class execute. That in it of its self is reason enough to have a "free pass", because it doesn't work outside of execute. Magblade was already doing just as well if not better than magcro anyways.

I highly doubt the class at the top of the list just in terms of damage actually matters to anyone in this thread either. Any class can complete all content in this game and unless your guild is actually pushing to be the top your class doesn't matter. Saying something should be nerfed because the aforementioned 1% is stacking a class doesn't really mean much because after these nerfs they'll just stack whatever the next best class is which will likely be magblade.
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not to be "that person" but Nightblades have completely escaped the nerf bat with their Assassination passives. Slotting two of those is the same effective Critical Chance boost as slotting 4 Grave Lord skills plus they have an actual class execute ability. But overall though, this change is classic developer overreach.
    still waiting on my stalking blastbones fix. Been how long now?

Amen to this. Definitely that skeleton sitting at the bus stop meme about the skill ever getting fixed.

Each PTS there is hope and each PTS there is the classic reaction of "Disappointed... but not surprised."

• Alaztor91
    Alaztor91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    imo Death Knell was a bit too strong(specially considering the recent crit chance nerfs) but if ZOS has time to nerf this they could atleast add an actual morph effect to Stalking Blastbones or improve the unreliable tether skills.
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Alaztor91 wrote: »
    imo Death Knell was a bit too strong(specially considering the recent crit chance nerfs) but if ZOS has time to nerf this they could atleast add an actual morph effect to Stalking Blastbones or improve the unreliable tether skills.

Uyeah it was too strong but a 60% nerf seem a bit too much, well well see in the comming weeks
  • hackdrag0n
    hackdrag0n
    ✭✭✭
    Lynxyn wrote: »

To promote differences between classes? Why homogenize the classes even more than they already are? Because the top 1% is using them? Btw this was their class execute. That in it of its self is reason enough to have a "free pass", because it doesn't work outside of execute. Magblade was already doing just as well if not better than magcro anyways.

I highly doubt the class at the top of the list just in terms of damage actually matters to anyone in this thread either. Any class can complete all content in this game and unless your guild is actually pushing to be the top your class doesn't matter. Saying something should be nerfed because the aforementioned 1% is stacking a class doesn't really mean much because after these nerfs they'll just stack whatever the next best class is which will likely be magblade.

If it doesn't matter then why are people salty about the nerf?
  • Sangwyne
    Sangwyne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lynxyn wrote: »
    [snip]

What's with people jumping on the Necromancer bandwagon and flaming anyone who disagrees? Necromancer is broken. Full stop. Both Mag and Stam Necro were top DPS in trials, to the point where you'd see a half dozen of them in the most competitive groups, they were busted in PvP and at the top of leaderboards everywhere, but dare say a word about it and people would shout you down. This is like trying to defend Malacath; you even admitted Magcro will still be at the top.
    Not to be "that person" but Nightblades have completely escaped the nerf bat with their Assassination passives. Slotting two of those is the same effective Critical Chance boost as slotting 4 Grave Lord skills plus they have an actual class execute ability.

[snip]

[Edited to remove Non-Constructive Content]
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on April 20, 2021 11:33AM
  • Kurat
    Kurat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Necros definitely needed some nerfing. Too OP, top dps by far. And most trial groups only take necros. If it was up to me I would nerf them more tbh.
  • Skullstachio
    Skullstachio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I reckon death knell should be set to 2.5/5% so that if one were to use all 6 gravelord abilities in execution range, it would sit at 30% critical chance.

or even make it like so:
    • Increases your critical strike chance by 0.5%/1% for each grave lord ability slotted, this bonus is tripled to 1.5%/3% critical chance against enemies under 75% health. This bonus is quintupled to 2.5%/5% critical chance against enemies under 25% health.
    I honestly believe this could work in unique terms like that of the sorcerers amplitude passive being a reverse execution since the damage bonus from that is reduced for every 10% of health shaved off the enemy. But in the case of my suggested death knell passive solution, it grants a small percentage of critical chance off the bat but steadily gets multiplicatively amplified at certain health thresholds on each enemy. Reaching a maximum of 25% critical chance while the enemy is under 25% health with just 5 grave lord abilities slotted, or go the extra mile using all six and top it off to 30%.

(I pray this gets implemented in a future PTS patch.)
    I know what you di-Iddly did... (you would be wise not to do that again during a time when Suspicion in the gaming space is at an all time high.)
    by not actually revealing real drop tables in the game for all items, you only prove what has been proven with proof of concept that you can/will manipulate item drop chances based on certain elements performed by the player.
  • stefj68
    stefj68
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well so far zos always level things by lowering cealing and nerfing... instead of raising lowest class... well it might be a little too much but that was more easy to butcher necromancer, then boost 3-4 class to make them catch up!
  • TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You obviously don't understand how statistics work.

There built in execute is gone.
  • hackdrag0n
    hackdrag0n
    ✭✭✭
    It's not gone, just scaled back some.
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The nerf might be a little over the top on first glance, something like 5% for each skill seems more reasonable.
    Another solution could be to keep 10% for each skill but cap it at a maximum of 30%.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • DreadDaedroth
    DreadDaedroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes the nerf is too big and should be reverted.
  • renne
    renne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

60% is not "some".
  • hackdrag0n
    hackdrag0n
    ✭✭✭
    renne wrote: »

60% is not "some".
    renne wrote: »

60% is not "some".

It's also not "gone" haha
  • Revokus
    Revokus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even better remove the passive completely and give Magcro an execute in Hungry Scythe removing the heal from it if needed like players have been asking.

And no this skill isn't mandatory for tanks in PVE. Maybe if tanks didn't have such healing skills healers would be more needed and the complaints about not needing a healer for most content would not be plaguing the game.
    Edited by Revokus on April 20, 2021 7:47AM
    Playing since January 23, 2016