The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

PTS Update 30 - Bug Reports for Companions

• cyberjanet
    cyberjanet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anchor pinions don't heal companions.

When I equipped a resto staff (which side is up, btw?) I was able to cast healing on Bastian. But they have no potions or ways of keeping alive. I did equip him with cauterize but it doesn't seem to work that well.

Also, Bastion seems to have a permanent unfilled health bar. I cast healing on him and it filled up, but when I zoned to a different area the health was gone again.
    Edited by cyberjanet on April 25, 2021 7:23AM
    Favourite NPC: Wine-For-All
    Mostly PC-EU , with a lonely little guy on NA.
  • cyberjanet
    cyberjanet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Took Bastian into Vaults of Madness and he just stood around, not fighting at all. I even tried the Y - mouse button, and he just ignored me.

Here is one example of a boss fight, but the trash fights are the same. Please mute the video, the vacuum cleaner decided to interfere.

Also, he doesn't always follow me, and I can't interact with him. Whether this is just in Vaults of Madness I can't say, I'm pretty sure he reacted in another dungeon.

Edit: just took him to Fungal Grotto. He fights just fine there, and I can interact. Do I need to do a list of dungeons where he works and where he doesn't? Spindleclutch was fine, Icereach he just stood ready, though he did tell me to give it everything I've got. So it does seem to be related to specific dungeons.

Next thing to test: is Mirri the same?

Ok Mirri is fighting fine in Icereach. She is a DD though, where I have Bastion currently as a tank, and now I have to wonder if role affects the fighting/not fighting.

Gave Bastion a staff and fighting skills rather than a tank setup, and he still just hangs around. So it's a problem with Bastion and specific dungeons. It may be that Mirri has a problem with specific dungeons too.
    Edited by cyberjanet on April 25, 2021 8:12AM
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    When you have gotten the companions quest, other players companions will have the quest icon above their head and you can even talk to them to start the quest, might need fixing that.
  • cyberjanet
    cyberjanet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And... companions don't appear in the encounterlogs.
  • NakedPoorNord
    found this from imperial city chest
    while i have mirri lvl 1 only, and not active
    intended?

CQDnx74.png

• kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We ended up with 4 companions in normal Rock Grove last night, because we couldn't fill the run.
    I had Mirri (no equipment, combat level 1 as this was a last minute decision.)
    As others have reported, she went from combat level 1 to 2, then I had 30-40+ notifications that she had leveled up, and after that her experience was visually stuck at the beginning of level 2.
    In the group as a whole, we had 2 Mirri and 2 Bastian. Both Mirri's behaved more or less as expected. Bastian was frequently crouching in a state of fear at one edge of the room. At one moment, I think after a wipe on the 3rd boss, one Bastian ran back over to his matching player...while still crouching in fear, giving the impression of a super fast scuttle/crab walk. This was hilarious but probably not intended.
  • NakedPoorNord
    rapport boost items from template characters can be banked, but if i withdraw them on another character they will just dissapear
    Edited by NakedPoorNord on April 25, 2021 2:52PM
  • NakedPoorNord
    anyone know when companion will offer quests? i have maximum rapport
    still no quests
  • Sionz13
    Sionz13
    Soul Shriven
    I've noticed that mobs and or bosses seem to target Mirri for the kill. She seems to have a really big aggro table at level 4
  • MrWill416
    MrWill416
    Both companions won't show up Is this a bug, because I went to both locations and they both weren't there do I need to do missions Or something for them too show up?
    Edited by MrWill416 on April 25, 2021 6:16PM
  • t3hnerevarine
    t3hnerevarine
    ✭✭✭
    I only barely got the question, mirri was still waiting outside the doomvault for me to agree to help, and i was able to equip her. I thus had two mirris elendas with me during that quest.

Also, mirri likes to a walk towards me and b have the lowest texture quality possible while im trying to make an outfit for her
    g9mky6dydh9k.png
    Edited by t3hnerevarine on April 26, 2021 3:40AM
  • stefj68
    stefj68
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i equipped a companion resto staff on bastion, equipped/slot rejuvenation skills in 1st sloot, companion is now level 8, all my class skills lines levelled for those skills slotted, but that resto staff is still level 1 and never gain a single experience

look like all weapon skills are not levelling

edit:
    30 min later after like 4 hours of gameplay, resto staff get from rank 1 to rank 8...

completed
    1 fighter guild quest, 1 mage guild quest, and 1 undauted guild quest... and it didnt unlock anything...

Edited by stefj68 on April 26, 2021 6:53AM
  • cyberjanet
    cyberjanet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After today's patch, Bastian still zones to 75% health. Still doesn't notice Eyevea (which is where we zoned to), so that achievement not yet done.
    r5f2zteept2e.png

After levelling in a dolmen, he stopped fighting and I could not interact with him. He unlocked a skill slot levelling, and thus I could not fill it. He remained unplayable for the final dolmen in the fighter's guild quest and disappeared at the end of it, though his group bar remained.

Zoned back to Deshaan to hand quest in before doing mage's guild quest as a result, and he appeared in Deshaan again with 75% health. I could interact with him, and he had levelled to level 6, so the skill slot promised me in the level up message was not yet available.

Handing in the quest did not unlock the Fighter's Guild skill line.

He recovered after the trip to Deshaan so we did the 'Mage's guild quest, where he actually took part in the group event, and my character got a skill point. Handing in the Mages guild quest got me a rapport increase notification, but did not unlock the skill line.

No skill line from the undaunted quest either. And once again when we zoned to Deshaan he did so at 75% health.

If you would like video, I can do one that covers all these points though obviously the quests will be different. For now, I'll wait till the next patch before checking Bastian again.
    Edited by cyberjanet on April 26, 2021 3:50PM
  • jwellsub17_ESO2
    jwellsub17_ESO2
    ✭✭✭
    Took Mirri out for a jaunt again, we visted Doomvault Porcixid and did a Mage Guild daily... Still no achievement credit for visiting a Daedric delve or completing a Mage Guild daily.

We went for a nice long horse ride and while she kept up better, she still ending up falling behind and finally de-spawning.

We also did a couple Antiquarian leads (5 - 10 minutes apart) and read a few books in the Mage Guild's library. Got about 8 or 9 increases in Mirri's rapport, but when I look at the rapport bar, it does not appear to have moved at all.

• jwellsub17_ESO2
    jwellsub17_ESO2
    ✭✭✭
    Forgot to mention, in Doomvault Porcixid, the first bridge was "down", but there seemed to be an invisible wall blocking me from crossing it. By working my way around the invisible wall, I was able to step out onto the bridge and promptly fell through the bridge into the lava below. When I climbed up the other side, I ran into another invisible wall at the other side of the bridge. Really annoying, especially as a stage 4 vampire with allergies to fire.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Asmalawia unlocked the "Deadric delve" part of the achievement with Mirri.

Still unable to do the Room for Two or Fashionable Friend, and Bolgrul's quest did not start the skill line. I did not attempt to do a FG daily with her, as That overlaps with too many others, and the result would have mixed meanings.
  • aipex8_ESO
    aipex8_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After the 7.0.1 patch, Mirri seems to be switching between the Deadlands Firewalker and no personality instead of the Brassy Assassin she had before. I assume since Bastian uses the Firewalker personality, Mirri should be different for variety.

No personality

Deadlands Firewalker

House guest also has this personality now, so maybe it is intentional. I prefer the other, personally, for the variety
    Edited by aipex8_ESO on April 26, 2021 8:52PM
  • NakedPoorNord
    so how to receive 3 quests from companion, anyone figured out?
  • Rugby_hook
    Rugby_hook
    ✭✭✭
    I just did a dungeon with Bastion and he never gained any ultimate the entire time. Also, it would be helpful if they would follow us around more. He just stood right near the edge of the fights the entire time, no matter where I ran to. It would be helpful if they had a (relatively) small range of us they would stay in, so if we want to reposition them we can just move out of that range (similar to how we reposition ranged ads).
  • Rugby_hook
    Rugby_hook
    ✭✭✭
    Also, I wanted to test out the rapport system and see how quickly one could lose rapport so I went on a murder spree with Bastion, which he disapproved of the entire time and was very vocal about it. This made sense to me, but he kept helping me kill all the people still, while judging me. If giving them personalities and a rapport is supposed to help immersion/roleplaying aspects it would make more sense for him to not fight with me in these scenarios. It kind of took me out of the game getting synergies from him while he was lecturing me about being a coward.
  • Sionz13
    Sionz13
    Soul Shriven
    I'm not progressing in levels on my Companions. The get towards level 5 and then restart at the begining of level 4. Also, mobs target and stay on the companion. Both Mirri and Bastion
  • jwellsub17_ESO2
    jwellsub17_ESO2
    ✭✭✭
    According to the 7.0.1 patch note, @ZOS_GinaBruno posted;
    Companion guild progress from dailies now works as expected and progress is displayed immediately.
    Just completed my 4th mage guild daily with Mirri and still no indication of how to unlock this skill line. Perhaps you might want to update the text to give an indication how to unlock it.

To date, I have done 4 Mage guild dailies (2 after 7.0.1 dropped), 3 Fighter guild dailies (all before 7.0.1), and 3 Undaunted (1 after 7.0.1 dropped) and it continues to say 'Complete a Mages Guild daily quest to unlock this skill line.' and when I mouse over the progress bar it continues to show 'Mages Guild: 0/100'
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it's worth asking - does anyone have a companion with the guild skill lines unlocked? I see a lot of reports from players unable to start them, but no complaints about progress, so I assume that means nobody managed that first step.
  • Mysticman
    Mysticman
    ✭✭✭
    Rugby_hook wrote: »
    I just did a dungeon with Bastion and he never gained any ultimate the entire time. Also, it would be helpful if they would follow us around more. He just stood right near the edge of the fights the entire time, no matter where I ran to. It would be helpful if they had a (relatively) small range of us they would stay in, so if we want to reposition them we can just move out of that range (similar to how we reposition ranged ads).
    Holding the "Y" key and right-clicking will command the companion to return to you the same as it does for combat pets.
  • BoloBoffin
    BoloBoffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cyberjanet wrote: »
    Companion achievements aren't working. Took Bastian on a Mage's guild quest. Game didn't notice, didn't update the Favour achievements and didn't open the skill line.

Just updated his outfit, Game didn't notice. No achievement noted.

Took him to Eyevea. Game didn't notice.

Took Mirri to a Daedric delve, Game didn't notice. Perhaps it wasn't Daedric enough? I only went there because of the achievements , she hasn't said anything to indicate an interest in daedra. She did say her father is an antiquarian and her mother taught her, so I took her on a dig, and she enjoyed that.

However, the little marker on the Companion screen doesn't seem to move at all, even when you get an announcement of an increase in rapport.

Changed Bastion's mount, game didn't notice.

I was able to get Mirri to appreciate a "Daedric Delve or Public Dungeon" by not having her around, and then summoning her in Saguine's Desmesne - a Daedric public dungeon. She appeared, and then about 15 seconds later, I got the acheivement.
    I ride in a zerg ball of one.
  • aipex8_ESO
    aipex8_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rugby_hook wrote: »
    Also, it would be helpful if they would follow us around more. He just stood right near the edge of the fights the entire time, no matter where I ran to. It would be helpful if they had a (relatively) small range of us they would stay in, so if we want to reposition them we can just move out of that range (similar to how we reposition ranged ads).

Agree! When taking out trash mobs both companions will walk very slowly towards the fight and get there when it's over. If you've got a gap closer slotted, that helps, but only when not on cool down. Why don't they run to the fight?
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ghastley wrote: »
    I think it's worth asking - does anyone have a companion with the guild skill lines unlocked? I see a lot of reports from players unable to start them, but no complaints about progress, so I assume that means nobody managed that first step.

Well, you can unlock them by using the token a template character gets for generally leveling companions.

Otherwise it still seems to be a mess.

• driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ghostly Evasion is a great skill for keeping Mirri alive, but she seems to just dodge farther and farther back. In FG1, in the mid dungeon fight with the goblin chief, she dodged through the wooden beams into the wall. I'm not sure if she or the Boss could still hit each other at that point, though the boss did run towards her a couple more times. She ran out of the wall just fine once the fight was over.

I've noticed when I wayshrine some place, she appears briefly for a split sec in her underwear before her clothes load in. It's funny, but I'm sure it's not intended.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • BoloBoffin
    BoloBoffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    driosketch wrote: »
    Ghostly Evasion is a great skill for keeping Mirri alive, but she seems to just dodge farther and farther back. In FG1, in the mid dungeon fight with the goblin chief, she dodged through the wooden beams into the wall. I'm not sure if she or the Boss could still hit each other at that point, though the boss did run towards her a couple more times. She ran out of the wall just fine once the fight was over.

I've noticed when I wayshrine some place, she appears briefly for a split sec in her underwear before her clothes load in. It's funny, but I'm sure it's not intended.

The first weapon that dropped for me was the Ice Staff. I gave it to Mirri and then watched her kite every boss almost to the point of resetting the encounter. That's when I went and bought her a Lightning Staff. Sheesh.
    I ride in a zerg ball of one.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    BoloBoffin wrote: »
    driosketch wrote: »

The first weapon that dropped for me was the Ice Staff. I gave it to Mirri and then watched her kite every boss almost to the point of resetting the encounter. That's when I went and bought her a Lightning Staff. Sheesh.

She's been working pretty well ranged for me with a bow. 4 WBs, and the only one she died on was one where she cornered herself in the doorway to a tower. She really needs to learn to dodge left or right.
    Edited by driosketch on April 28, 2021 6:02AM
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●