The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PTS Update 30 - Bug Reports for Companions

• Wild_Haggis
    Wild_Haggis
    ✭✭
    While doing daily quests for Fighters Guild, Mages Guild, and Undaunted and turning them in (companions were out and present during the actual questing AND turning in said quests) their respective skill lines do NOT unlock, and no progress is showing been made.
    Also, I do not know if this is a bug or intended, but it didn't quite seem right so I figured I'd report it as well. Every time you enter a Mages Guild hall* with Mirri out, you lose rapport with her. Does not seem to affect Bastion.

*At least the Mages Guild hall in Deshaan. My toon is EP.
  • zassasaurus
    zassasaurus
    ✭✭✭
    I have had a few bugs with Mirri so far. Sometimes she just stops attacking while we are still in combat, once there was a rock in between her and the mob and she couldn't seem to manage walking around it to attack and just kind of got stuck.
    She also just stopped getting on her mount for some reason, I assigned her a mount and it was working ok for a while, she would ride when I did, but after a while she stopped getting on her mount and would just run after me while I was mounted. I am not sure what caused this to happen, I think maybe it was when I got on and the off my mount very quickly in succession. Reloading UI, changing her mount and changing zones did not help.
    Another issue I encountered was I came across what I assume is the quest to unlock her while I had Mirri active, so there were two of her in front of me. I did create a template character and that's how I had access to Mirri, but this was while using her on a different, regular character (not a template). This might just be a quirk of unlocking her with a template character, not sure.

In general feedback, I did a world boss with her and she died very quickly, she did have a heal on her bar but was still quite low level so that could be why. I could find a way to revive her during the fight, I'm not sure if a prompt wasn't popping up or if I just couldn't find her body, but it seemed to be much harder to find than another players body.

On a character with max riding speed she got left behind almost immediately, I am not sure if there is a way to increase a companion's riding speed, but if not it should match the players, riding with her was pointless, I never saw her as she never kept up with me.

I also think it would be good if the unusable skill slots on the skill bar were locked out, I could still put a skill in them and I missed the error message the first time, so didn't know why she wasn't using that ability. It would also then be more clear when they unlock, as the first couple were one every level but then it seemed to change. Would be nice to have it locked out and you can hover over it to see when it unlocks, like you can with locked skills.
  • Siuansong
    Siuansong
    I believe many of these have been mentioned already but just adding my own experience:
    with Bastion:
    1) Voice drops to near inaudible volumes when interacting with him.
    2) There seems to be skill slots that are unlockable but no ui indication of when they will unlock. Additionally, I had the 4th unlock at some point but no notice of this change. Simply discovered through trial and error.
    3) When running Dwarven Relics of Stonefalls, Bastion fought with his fists even though he was shown as having his stave still equipped.
    4) No increase unlocking of skill lines doing either mages or undaunted daily. Bastion did however increase in reporte with mages I believe
    5) Eyvea achievement did not unlock after multiple visits to Eyvea.
    6) There is no notable way to place Bastion in my home from the housing menu (and he cannot be summoned there).
    7) When Bastion would drop to low health, he would use his heal but would cast it at me instead of using it on himself.
    Edited by Siuansong on April 28, 2021 11:02PM
  • crazepdx
    crazepdx
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not sure if this is a bug or a very sadistic planned feature. Spent a couple hours today with Mirri visiting library's and areas with lots of books. The first book I items when I logged in gave me a rapport increase. That was the only increase I got after that for clicking on books. I tried different zones and chapter areas, including Arteum, Clockwork City, Summerset, Alikr and of course Blackwood. Both delves and city bookshelves. Is the rapport increase for books a once daily increase? If so increasing rapport is going to a horrible grind.
  • jwellsub17_ESO2
    jwellsub17_ESO2
    ✭✭✭
    Greetings,
    crazepdx wrote: »
    Is the rapport increase for books a once daily increase? If so increasing rapport is going to a horrible grind.
    The prevailing theory is that rapport increases are time gated. Some are saying 5 minutes while others are saying 10 minutes. So if you read a book, with Mirri, you will get a rapport increase and then need to wait another 5 - 10 minutes before getting another rapport increase.

Please note that this does not appear to apply to rapport decreases.
  • crazepdx
    crazepdx
    ✭✭✭✭
    Greetings,

The prevailing theory is that rapport increases are time gated. Some are saying 5 minutes while others are saying 10 minutes. So if you read a book, with Mirri, you will get a rapport increase and then need to wait another 5 - 10 minutes before getting another rapport increase.

Please note that this does not appear to apply to rapport decreases.

I'm aware of the current theory. However I spent far longer online then 5 minutes. Only one of the books read gave an increase., the first one I read in a delve in blackwood. No books afterwards did.
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can't get Intensive Mender to heal my Companion.
    PC EU
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Had a situation were I ran ahead and mounted, but Mirri didn't mount. I got off and on, changed her mount back to default, rode a long distance. Still, she didn't mount. I changed zones and finally she got on her horse when I got on mine.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • tuibitsi
    tuibitsi
    Soul Shriven
    Bastian's fireball just hanging out after the end of a battle gets me every time :lol:
  • Mysticman
    Mysticman
    ✭✭✭
    driosketch wrote: »
    Had a situation were I ran ahead and mounted, but Mirri didn't mount. I got off and on, changed her mount back to default, rode a long distance. Still, she didn't mount. I changed zones and finally she got on her horse when I got on mine.
    I get that too, usually after I leave a Delve or Public Dungeon. Deactivating and then reactivating the companion will fix it.

• RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I started the new character tutorial and immediately summoned a companion. When I got to the combat tutorial the companion attacked the Golem and that broke the game.

When I was blocking as instructed the golem wouldn't land its blow. It was just stuck there in its ready to strike poseur.

The blue aura was around the screen. My character was unable to get out of. Key board commands were almost all locked out. I couldn't do a /bug report. I couldn't even take a screen shot. I had to quit the game to get out of it.
    PC EU
  • feyii
    feyii
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shouldn't being able to summon them immediately on a new character already be a bug? I don't remember where else I read it (I think it was on this forum, but can't find it anymore), but at least on UESP I found what I had in mind:

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Companions

Under restrictions and limitations it says:

"Players will always take priority and companions will be auto-dismissed as players zone in. Companions cannot be summoned in PvP areas, solo arenas or in housing instances. They also cannot be summoned while you are in combat or if the summoning character has not yet completed the associated introductory quest, even if the collectible has been unlocked by another character."

So, without doing the aquisition quest first on a specific character, that character shouldn't be able to summon the companion. Which makes a lot of sense, because it also prevents the situation where you have your companion and the same one as quest NPCs at the same time.

And since then you wouldn't be able to summon them in the tutorial, they couldn't break it - it probably doesn't account for them because of that.
    Edited by feyii on May 3, 2021 10:21AM
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    feyii wrote: »
    They also cannot be summoned while you are in combat or if the summoning character has not yet completed the associated introductory quest, even if the collectible has been unlocked by another character."

I hope they fix this. It would take care of this little anomaly...
    Bastion turning up to help rescue Bastion

kzG0AaS.jpg
    PC EU
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There appears to be a boundary around Glenbridge that Mirri cannot cross, Entering or leaving, she is un-summoned. No change of Rapport noticed. She can immediately be re-summoned on either side of the imaginary line. I have not spent the time to determine of it's circle around one spot, or a point on each road, as I've always been on the way to something else to test.
  • Sable751
    Sable751
    ✭✭✭
    Originally posted this yesterday in the Companion feedback thread:

1. Combat levelling seems to be broken. Did a Dolmen and got the on screen message that Mirri was now Level 7 and an additional slot was now available. But when I opened the menu she was on Level 6 (with no additional % experience). Fought some more overland creatures and she got to Level 6/4% did some more and checked and she'd gone backwards and was at Level 6/2 %.

2. I've done two days worth of fighter and Undaunted guild quests, so far no progression on the skills bar and no skills.
  • NoxiousBlight
    NoxiousBlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't speak for Bastian, but Mirri's ultimate still does not seem to be working correctly. The ultimate number never goes up on the UI so I can't control it myself. It stays at 0 at all times. When I put her to "auto-use" her ultimate she does seem to fire it, but it seems very sporadic and doesn't seem to work consistently.
  • NoxiousBlight
    NoxiousBlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One other note: Did Mirri's personality change? She started week 1 with Brassy Assassin, but now she seems to fluctuate between no personality and the Deadlands Firewalker one. Not sure if it was a bug or just a change, but wanted to note it in case she is still supposed to be using the Brassy Assassin.
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Made a template character and equipped max level Bastian. Went into a daedric portal - my 2 skill character died to a mob but miraculously, Bastian was still alive and at full health. Here's the bug:

As I lay dead, Bastian and the 1/4 health spectre stood over my corpse in a silent standoff. Not attacking, not fighting, nothing. I couldn't rez, I couldn't port to a wayshrine or another player because I was dead.

xy1kpdw79i26.jpg

Used the /unstuck command and...it teleported me two feet to the "wayshrine" at the start of the portal. Still stuck, still dead, still with Bastian/Wraith standing over me but now with a 60 minutes unstuck cooldown.

elv2mac5ajgc.jpg

All I could do was log out.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apparently... If you earned Mirri on another character, you can bring her along when you help Mirri so you can unlock her...

es20ucyg96c8.png

Bonus: Mirri gained 2 levels during the quest to unlock herself!
    Not-a-Bonus: Kept talking to the companion Mirri instead of the quest Mirri to advance the quest.
    Edited by Elsonso on May 6, 2021 2:13PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • ectoplasmicninja
    ectoplasmicninja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bastian says he approves every 5 to 10 minutes when I read books, but the bar does not move at all. I played for about 6 hours, all the way through the Blackwood main quest and some side quests, doing nothing to annoy him, reading bookshelves and noting the approval popups, as well as taking him on a Mages Guild daily, but at the end of my playtime his approval marker was only about a millimetre to the right of centre. At this rate he might take literally 6 months to max approval...

...and that's if he doesn't randomly decide to disapprove of me doing perfectly normal things like killing that Valkynaz boss in the main quest. I feel very unable to make this guy happy or form a bond with him. He helped me save Tamriel from a Daedric Prince and we are cordial acquaintances? And he dies in a strong breeze? Why am I even trying to be friends with this dude?
    PC NA, CP2000+Character creation is the true endgame.
  • elinien
    elinien
    ✭✭✭
    7.0.2 - Was doing some testing with my necro tank, and noticed that Spirit Mender + morphs are not targeting the companion.
    PCNA/EU since 2015
  • Kuratius
    Kuratius
    ✭✭✭
    7.0.2 The skills "Guard", "Mystic Guard", and "Stalwart Guard" are unable to target companions.
    Edited by Kuratius on May 7, 2021 8:31PM
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure if this is intended or not, but Mirri's eyes seem really asymmetrical. This is not what I was expecting.

fhuZeCG.jpg
    PC EU
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure if this is intended or not, but Mirri's eyes seem really asymmetrical. This is not what I was expecting.

fhuZeCG.jpg

I don't see that... or didn't, last time I took a screen cap of her:

8d5z73a21jb8.png
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • carlm10ub17_ESO
    Started a new character and started the tutorial. Activated Bastion to see if I could. He showed up, but when I started the fight tutorial, he broke it by continuing to attack. I could never block and advance past the tutorial.

I would suggest not allowing him in tutorial.,
  • Mysticman
    Mysticman
    ✭✭✭
    There's a problem with the companions when they are equipped with a bow. When using the pet command to to order them to attack a enemy if their line of sight is blocked by something or if they are too far away from a target the bow animation will activate but no arrows will be fired and no damage is done. This will go on for about 30 seconds before the animation will stop. If I equip the companion with a staff and put them in the exact same spot they will move to another spot that will allow them to carry out my attack command. I tested it yesterday after the v 7.3 patch to see if it had been fix and it was still broken.
    g7i56mg68gmt.png
    l58frfy9w9m5.png
    Edited by Mysticman on May 11, 2021 6:40PM
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mirri's expertise seems to have stopped working. I have just done 15 overland chests with Mirri's summoned, and I didn't receive any extra loot bags. I don't remember getting any since 7.0.3 was installed.

I don't have Mirri's collectable on my account at the moment.
    PC EU
  • Cabot
    Cabot
    ✭✭✭
    I found a little thing with Mirri and her fear of being around boats/ships.

I took my character down to the docks in Daggerfall and Mirri made a fit about her fear of ships,
    so much so, that I had to get her hurry her out of the area.

Fast forward, to a part of the main quest, where Eveli and my character got high class outfits from a tailor, to blend in with people going on a retreat to a private island.

With Mirri, along with us . . . the 3 of us, went down to the docks, and boarded the ship, that was taking us to the island.

No muss, no complaining, not even suggesting she should stay behind, (not even turning a bit green, to go with her usual blue/grey skin color), Mirri just walked up the plank, like the rest of us.

I'm not sure if there is a backstory regarding her fearful actions around boats, but . . .
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Companions "controls" with gamepad ui on PC completely unusable. Cannot activate ultimate, cannot position.

Cannot activate ultimate - Pushing in both sticks either results in tab target changing (my default for RS in) or crouching if held (RS hold) Not sure what I would swap that function to... at all.

Cannot "position" companions. Not sure what "button 3" is supposed to be on an Xbox controller, but nothing I have tried results in the companion picking a target.

Can gamepad ui not be be left in the dust JUST THIS ONCE??

Update: not casting ultimate was probably due to "autocast" being set to on... but then, Bastian never cast his full ultimate at any time during the Sul-Xan WB, despite the ultimate being FULL at the start of our second attempt.

Update 2 - there aren't even control mappings for companion keybinds? What if I can't make LS+RS work??? What if I need to change that??? Is my only option auto-cast? WTF?
    Edited by CaffeinatedMayhem on May 17, 2021 5:34PM
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Still testing Bastian's controls - if the gamepad keybinds are set to default, pressing LS+RS yields the message "Bastian Hallix cannot use their ultimate right now" - even when full AND in combat AND not casting other skills. Eventually after enough presses I guess ultimate is "used' because the icon is no longer full... but there was no visible tell and no discernible extra damage done (eg, not done by me)

Still upset there are no controls binds for companions, ESPECIALLY the ultimate!

Might also want to look at Bastian's combat comments - "Are you stuck" is fine if I'm standing in stupid. If I'm not stunned, not in AoE, and moving around it's... kinda weird.
    Edited by CaffeinatedMayhem on May 17, 2021 6:16PM