Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Update 30 - Bug Reports for Companions

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
Please report any issues you run into while testing Companions in this thread. In general, we prefer you to use /bug in-game but if you’d rather submit a report here, please give us as much information as possible, including screenshots and/or video if applicable. Thank you!
Edited by ZOS_GinaBruno on April 20, 2021 3:53PM
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Some encounters will probably need to be looked at. Granted most I tested seem ok, but I did run into this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Maa928YMeG8&ab_channel=DeadMan

The boss just sort of.....didn't do anything.
    Edited by karekiz on April 20, 2021 7:45PM
  • Caff32
    Caff32
    ✭✭✭✭
    My companion reached level 4 and then every time something died, it would ding that the companion had leveled up. It wouldn't stop until a relog.

Also, I'd suggest that the companions riding speed matches the character's speed. It's really distracting to have the companion health bar keep disappearing and reappearing in the top left hand corner because it got too far from the character.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bug with companions:

The achievement "Room for Two" achieved by placing a companion in a house was "achieved" for me the second I ported into my main home.

I had done nothing of the quest line for companions. Had not unlocked companions. I had several houseguests placed in my home previously (Lyranth, Ezabi/Fezez, Seryene in particular).
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    60,005 achievement points
  • This_0ne
    This_0ne
    ✭✭✭
    I complite guilds daylie quests with Bastian (fighters guild dolmens, mages relic and Undaunted Bolgurs Delve) and anyone guild skills of my companion dont unblock. They still unavaliable after first daylies.
  • Xebov
    Xebov
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Killing some critters with the Dunmer caused her to elvel up and create a buffer underflow with the XP, causing a levl up message after every kill (without granting the levelup).

Also with the Dunmer, she lost her bow visually and tried to fist fight enemies from 20m away.

With both i noticed that they do a dodge roll early after combat starts. So they attack an enemy and then dodge roll away. Which is especially odd with Bastien if he chains enemies in, then dodges away from them. I guess this is tied to the weapon type used, but its still irritating and annoying.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This reputation thing is getting weirder. To recap:

1. I made a template character, and summoned Mirri. I got an immediate notice that my rapport with her had decreased.

2. I chatted with her (the R3/R4 option was available), played around with her skills/equipment/etc. and so on.

3. I went into my champion point UI, spent a few points, and got an immediate notification that our rapport had dropped again. It was evidently for real, in that the dialogue option was now greyed out.

But

4. When I logged back into that character later, our rapport was back at the level where the dialogue option was active.
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This_0ne wrote: »
    I complite guilds daylie quests with Bastian (fighters guild dolmens, mages relic and Undaunted Bolgurs Delve) and anyone guild skills of my companion dont unblock. They still unavaliable after first daylies.

Same thing happened (or rather what should have happened didn't!) to me also, I did both a Bolgrul's Undaunted Daily and a Mage Guild Daily with Bastian active and although they registered and we gained rapport, it did not unlock the skill lines or progress the skill bars for those skills.

I did post already in the feedback thread, only just noticed there was a separate bug thread though. I also did a /bug in game so hopefully one way or the other I have managed to successfully report the issue :D
    Edited by Epona222 on April 21, 2021 2:01AM
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mirri's "overall" XP progress towards her next combat level is constantly changing on a per-fight per-action basis.

(ETA: I just did one excavation, and all progress to the next level was lost in the "overview" section. It remained in the class lines.)

Sometimes it says much less than what her class skills say.

Sometimes it says exactly what her class skills say.

Sometimes it says things like "4,294,966,498/3,500 XP (122713328%)". (Perhaps this is what Caff32 and Xebov were talking about above, as it causes her to "level up" continuously on every kill until the XP sorts itself again.)

After I did her recruit quest, her bow and light armor lines did not advance for an hour until I relogged. When I logged back in, they were at level 5.

Her rapport increases when I do excavations and decreases when I harvest torchbugs. But her rapport meter, her rapport level ("Cordial"), and her dialogue do not ever change to reflect any reported change in rapport. I have a net gain of +4 increases and see no difference whatsoever.
    Edited by virtus753 on April 21, 2021 4:08AM
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »
    Mirri's "overall" XP progress towards her next combat level is constantly changing on a per-fight per-action basis.

(ETA: I just did one excavation, and all progress to the next level was lost in the "overview" section. It remained in the class lines.)

Sometimes it says things like "4,294,966,498/3,500 XP (122713328%)". (Perhaps this is what Caff32 and Xebov were talking about above, as it causes her to "level up" continuously on every kill until the XP sorts itself again.)

Her bow and light armor lines did not advance for an hour until I relogged. When I logged back in, they were at level 5.

Her rapport increases when I do excavations and decreases when I harvest torchbugs. But her rapport meter, her rapport level ("Cordial"), and her dialogue do not ever change to reflect any reported change in rapport. I have a net gain of +4 increases and see no difference whatsoever.

From what I can work out, there seems to be a cooldown on rapport changes - so if your rapport recently went up, next time you do something that might increase it normally you get a verbal response from the companion but your rapport bar doesn't move. Similar for activities that might decrease rapport.

I haven't worked out what the cooldown is yet, but I guess it could be quite long as my bar made an initial jump towards better rapport, then nothing - I wonder if it is a daily thing or something - anyhow it seems to be a noticeably long cooldown (probably long enough that when it goes live people are going to assume that it is bugged because they are trying to farm rapport and it's not moving)
    Edited by Epona222 on April 21, 2021 4:04AM
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Epona222 wrote: »

Her bow and light armor lines did not advance for an hour until I relogged. When I logged back in, they were at level 5.

From what I can work out, there seems to be a cooldown on rapport changes - so if your rapport recently went up, next time you do something that might increase it normally you get a verbal response from the companion but your rapport bar doesn't move. Similar for activities that might decrease rapport.

I haven't worked out what the cooldown is yet, but I guess it could be quite long as my bar made an initial jump towards better rapport, then nothing - I wonder if it is a daily thing or something - anyhow it seems to be a noticeably long cooldown (probably long enough that when it goes live people are going to assume that it is bugged because they are trying to farm rapport and it's not moving)

Yup, there is a cooldown mentioned in the patch notes. How long that is wasn’t specified, unfortunately.

I was waiting 5-10 minutes between excavations, which was enough to prompt the loot log entry that “rapport increased” after each excavation. If it’s still on cooldown, then it shouldn’t give me a message that the rapport increased when it did not.
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont know if its specific to that encounter but Bastian just went afk after I died to twin Behemoths encounter in Black Drake Villa just before last boss. He stayed that way until resummoned.
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    robpr wrote: »
    I dont know if its specific to that encounter but Bastian just went afk after I died to twin Behemoths encounter in Black Drake Villa just before last boss. He stayed that way until resummoned.

The "simulated player" experience :smiley:
  • Agalloch
    Agalloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bet no one will use companions after a month.
  • freezinggrey
    freezinggrey
    ✭✭
    Had a problem where I couldn't switch skills on my back bar when I had my companion summoned m.
  • This_0ne
    This_0ne
    ✭✭✭
    Well i am exploring pts some hours, any bosses, mobs (overlend), dont try group dungeons yet but for maybe 4-5 hours i dont get any companions gears in my loot. I travels with Bastian, and as i read when companion in group we can loot armor for them, but nothing any quality armor and weapons. Anyone looted its? My companion wear gear from test boxes.
    Edited by This_0ne on April 21, 2021 10:05AM
  • cyberjanet
    cyberjanet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bastion is currently the companion to a character I am levelling with him. I bought armour from the various armoursmiths, but though he has it is equipped, it is still in my inventory and comes up for selling when I speak to a merchant.
    Edit: Seems he had armour when I got him, though his slots were all blank. When I called Mirri with an established character, she has armour. Nothing shows up in the armour overview. This is very confusing, and I think we should be able to see their initial armour in the armour overview.

Also, In Auridon, he does not mount with me as he does in Blackwood. I will test this in other areas.
    Edit: Went to a number of areas, he does not have everything unlocked, and he mounted fine, so it was just Auridon. Then I tried with an established character, and Bastion mounted just fine in Auridon. So it seems to affect levelling characters.
    Mirri did not mount with my other character in Eastmarch.

Fighter's Guild skill line did not unlock though I did a fighter's guild quest with Mirri. I did get the achievement update for it though.
    Edited by cyberjanet on April 21, 2021 1:27PM
    Favourite NPC: Wine-For-All
    Mostly PC-EU , with a lonely little guy on NA.
  • Ragged_Claw
    Ragged_Claw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I choose a dialogue option with Bastion his response is really quiet. His initial opening dialogue is fine.

He dismounts to fight enemies that I am just charging through, eventually he gets the message that I don't want to fight, but does not re-mount unless I get off my mount and back on again. Not a massive issue but it does make him look a bit dumb :p

I also have the bug where doing the dailies does not unlock the associated skill line.
    PC EU & NA
  • Darlon
    Darlon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well i am exploring pts some hours, any bosses, mobs (overlend), dont try group dungeons yet but for maybe 4-5 hours i dont get any companions gears in my loot. I travels with Bastian, and as i read when companion in group we can loot armor for them, but nothing any quality armor and weapons. Anyone looted its? My companion wear gear from test boxes.

I have looted 1 light shoulder piece in about 3 hours...
    Edited by Darlon on April 21, 2021 11:16AM
  • Wolfkeks
    Wolfkeks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes Mirri likes to fight with her fists instead of the daggers she has equiped. I think she believes she is in some sort of bar fight!

(Also sometimes she is unrezzable, I get that it is awkward to get killed after one or two hits, but don't lay down and ignore my rezz! Trying to safe Mirri results in not being able to use skills and having to dodge roll to fight again)
    Edited by Wolfkeks on April 21, 2021 11:43AM
    "Sheggorath, you are the Skooma Cat, for what is crazier than a cat on skooma?" - Fadomai
    EU PC 2000+ CP professional mudballer and pie thrower
    Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, vAA hm, vHelRa hm, vSO hm, vMoL hm, vHoF hm, vAS+2, vCR+3, vSS hm, vKA, vRG, Flawless Conquerer, Spirit Slayer
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also got the "Room for Two" achievement the first time I ported in to one of my homes after getting a Companion

Also experiencing the low dialogue volume on Bastian after the initial opening dialogue

When Bastian is behind any kind of obstacle (wall edge, stack of crates, etc.) A) He's not smart enough to step around it to fire his skill and B ) The fireball from his LA persists indefinitely.

tdm1hugwugvz.jpg
  • thejadefalcon
    thejadefalcon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A possible issue, not sure if this is actually a bug or if there was backtracking or miscommunication involved, but I was under the impression you need to complete the companion's acquisition quest to unlock it on each character. Made a new character, was able to summon Mirri in her own quest and Bastian despite never having met him. I was also able to summon both during the new Balfiera tutorial.

While I'm reporting this, I would like to specify this is not a problem. I honestly prefer it this way, so long as I can do the acquisition quest whenever I like anyway.
  • cyberjanet
    cyberjanet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Companion achievements aren't working. Took Bastian on a Mage's guild quest. Game didn't notice, didn't update the Favour achievements and didn't open the skill line.

Just updated his outfit, Game didn't notice. No achievement noted.

Took him to Eyevea. Game didn't notice.

Took Mirri to a Daedric delve, Game didn't notice. Perhaps it wasn't Daedric enough? I only went there because of the achievements , she hasn't said anything to indicate an interest in daedra. She did say her father is an antiquarian and her mother taught her, so I took her on a dig, and she enjoyed that.

However, the little marker on the Companion screen doesn't seem to move at all, even when you get an announcement of an increase in rapport.

Changed Bastion's mount, game didn't notice.
    Edited by cyberjanet on April 21, 2021 2:14PM
  • This_0ne
    This_0ne
    ✭✭✭
    Darlon wrote: »

Where you got it? Boss, mobs, chests? Tell please.
  • cyberjanet
    cyberjanet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [quote="Darlon;c-7221754"

Where you got it? Boss, mobs, chests? Tell please.[/quote]

I got a couple of things, a green shield and boots, a blue resto staff and a blue hat.
    Mostly from random mobs. I did several dolmens, a dungeon, a couple of quests, so it was a lot of playing for all that.
    PLEASE don't let companion armour be so rare.

• LuxanQualta
    LuxanQualta
    ✭✭✭
    I am also experiencing an issue with leveling Mirri. She got to level four.questing and then at a dolman hit lvl 5. After every kill I got a screen message that she had leveled even after she died in combat. She kept earning XP and should have been well on her way to lvl 6. I opened her interface and the combat level was a lvl 4 bar maxed out with no white showing. I entered some more combat and her bar went back to lvl 4 with no progress at all.

The same thing happened to her skills. I saw that she had lvl 5 on bow and later it was lvl 4 with no progress.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Had a problem where I couldn't switch skills on my back bar when I had my companion summoned m.

This happened to me too. I’m wondering how specific it is. Here’s my situation:

I have Mirri out. ALL of her skill slots show as available, including her ult, even though she’s only level 5-6 at this point. Once I slot enough skills, I get a message about the slot not being available. But the skill remains slotted, and the error message starts to get spammy. She’s using a bow, and I slotted her version of Lethal Arrow in her first slot (to try to address another bug in which her bow skill wasn’t advancing in the UI).

When I tried to swap out Lethal Arrow on my back bar for Endless Hail, I was told the same message about the slot (my back bar slot??) not being available.

I haven’t yet tested whether giving Mirri a different weapon or removing her bow skill can fix this. I also wonder if it’s a problem that her Lethal Arrow skill was somehow interfering with mine or if it affects all of the back bar no matter what companion you have or what weapon they have.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I haven't done much with companions, but I've noticed oddly quiet dialogue snippets with each of them. With Mirri, it happens the first time I get into the relationship discussion. I just summoned Bastian, and for him it was the second thing he said about our relationship.
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Some of Bastian's dialogue is very quiet.

During the quest it was fine, but after recruiting him, asking him about our relationship or about how he feels seemed to set the volume to 50% of what it was.

Bastian's weapon was not visible at the outfit station. I could outfit/dye his armor fine, but he would not pull out his weapon when I went to that screen. That means I could only outfit/dye his staff based on what I knew they looked like rather than seeing it in his hand.

Also some of his skills left the effects persistent. Shown here:hzeuvvfcupfk.png
    Edited by tomofhyrule on April 21, 2021 5:28PM
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Another - just did a MG daily with him (get the Wabbajerky from Rulanil's Fall).

Turned it in with him standing right there, I got a notification about the rapport increase, but the MG skills are still not unlocked for him.

EDIT: Ditto for a Bolgrul daily.
    Edited by tomofhyrule on April 21, 2021 7:12PM
  • Solarius_eu
    Solarius_eu
    ✭✭

This happened to me too. I’m wondering how specific it is. Here’s my situation:

I have Mirri out. ALL of her skill slots show as available, including her ult, even though she’s only level 5-6 at this point. Once I slot enough skills, I get a message about the slot not being available. But the skill remains slotted, and the error message starts to get spammy. She’s using a bow, and I slotted her version of Lethal Arrow in her first slot (to try to address another bug in which her bow skill wasn’t advancing in the UI).

When I tried to swap out Lethal Arrow on my back bar for Endless Hail, I was told the same message about the slot (my back bar slot??) not being available.

I haven’t yet tested whether giving Mirri a different weapon or removing her bow skill can fix this. I also wonder if it’s a problem that her Lethal Arrow skill was somehow interfering with mine or if it affects all of the back bar no matter what companion you have or what weapon they have.

Same issue here, I wonder if it's because I got companions on an maxed character creation (which I deleted because I'd made mistakes), was trying companions on a newly created level 3 toon. If I unslot the companion's abilities to just the first two slots, it appears to unlock my toons' ability bar again, but as soon as I put an ability in 3rd or higher on the companion, I get the "slot is not unlocked" spam and my toon's bars are locked