Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Ball Groups: A National Concern

• maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    [Quoted post has been removed.]

Please provide proof to the statement "and those players are a majority".
    And of course your opinion is valid, but so are the opinions of players who want to play in organized groups.

It would be impossible to provide proof without doing a poll in which every player responded honestly. Even doing a poll on the forums would be limited to those who frequent here, and from my interaction with many past players, they never visit the forums.

I think everyone's opinion is valid as a paying customer of the game. And when it comes down to it, everyone should play how they want because it's their money and their life. But I do think the developers owe the pvp community more and I hope they are paying attention to this thread.

It also gets difficult to know exactly what players mean when there seems to be different definitions for "ball group" or "organized group". I fully support organized group play. I just don't support groups that take a keep, intentionally let it flip back and then farm for an hour inside the keep. I'd fathom to say that that isn't fun for the majority of players, except the "ball group" - and that's kinda my definition of a "ball group."

There are some good suggestions in here. It's been an overall good discussion. Lots of passion for pvp and the state of Cyrodill. I hope that changes can be made that encourage more players to play. I think all of us would like that.
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on May 27, 2021 12:24AM
  • Soul_Demon
    Soul_Demon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maxjapank wrote: »
    [Quoted post has been removed.]

Please provide proof to the statement "and those players are a majority".
    And of course your opinion is valid, but so are the opinions of players who want to play in organized groups.

It would be impossible to provide proof without doing a poll in which every player responded honestly. Even doing a poll on the forums would be limited to those who frequent here, and from my interaction with many past players, they never visit the forums.

I think everyone's opinion is valid as a paying customer of the game. And when it comes down to it, everyone should play how they want because it's their money and their life. But I do think the developers owe the pvp community more and I hope they are paying attention to this thread.

It also gets difficult to know exactly what players mean when there seems to be different definitions for "ball group" or "organized group". I fully support organized group play. I just don't support groups that take a keep, intentionally let it flip back and then farm for an hour inside the keep. I'd fathom to say that that isn't fun for the majority of players, except the "ball group" - and that's kinda my definition of a "ball group."

There are some good suggestions in here. It's been an overall good discussion. Lots of passion for pvp and the state of Cyrodill. I hope that changes can be made that encourage more players to play. I think all of us would like that.

I dont think its hard to see the difference in the two types.....ball groups vs organized raids has been defined quite well in this thread. Some may disagree but "I think a definition for most is ball groups tend to focus effort on play specifically designed to kill players where the group holds advantageous ground (choke points) or through excess in movement. If you want to break that into more easily stated goals they try to 'farm players' Organized groups on the other hand tend to focus on taking objectives on the map correlating to alliance score and faction advantage.

Both tend to run tightly packed to maximize the damage/healing/buffs/debuffs available to them and are highly organized in the nature of how they move......the biggest difference is in the choice they make in where to fight and how they either move or stay based on the previously mentioned goals each has. Of course some may use other criteria, but that has been my understanding of the differences for a very long time now. If you come across either groups you will notice they tend to select very different terrain to fight in as well due to the nature of the choices in play-styles the groups make" gives a pretty well defined set of characteristics helping to see how the groups differ.
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on May 27, 2021 12:30AM
  • ZOS_GregoryV
    Greetings all,

After review, we have decided to it best to close this thread given the amount of warnings for Baiting, and yet it still continues. Baiting is a violation of the Community Guidelines and is stated as follows:
    • Trolling or Baiting: The act of trolling is defined as something that is created for the intent to provoke conflict, shock others, or to elicit a strong negative or emotional reaction. It’s okay and very normal to disagree with others, and even to debate, but provoking conflict, baiting, inciting, mocking, etc. is never acceptable in the official The Elder Scrolls Online community. If you do not have something constructive or meaningful to add to a discussion, we strongly recommend you refrain from posting in that thread, and find another discussion to participate in instead. It is also not constructive or helpful to publicly call out others and accuse them of trolling, or call them a troll—please refrain from doing so. If you genuinely believe someone is trolling, please report the post or thread to the ESO Team, and leave it at that.
    If there may be any questions in regards to the rules, please be sure to take a few moments to review them here.

Thank you for your understanding,
    -Greg-
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.