Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Soo... Zos, when are you going to give us NEW PVP content ?

• ThorianB
    ThorianB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kwoung wrote: »
    ThorianB wrote: »
    PvP does nothing good for ESO and just adds unnecessary balancing issues. It would be better to remove it.
    I agree we could turn Cyro and IC into something useful and the devs wouldn't spend so much time trying to work around pvp balancing.

A recent poll on the forums here put PVP towards the top of the activities list of what most people do in this game. Higher than most PVE activities actually... I think only questing beat it out. Trials, Dungeons, Housing, etc... all way less popular.

I realize that many players who are strictly PVE don't like to hear that, but as a GM of a 500 person Social/Trade PVE guild, we have had to schedule at least 4 events a week in Cyrodiil now to meet our members wishes. WAY more people than you realize enjoy PVP in ESO, it is actually super fun, incredibly profitable (over 1 mil/mo), and with the exception of the lag, a complete blast. If they fix the lag, I wouldn't be surprised if most players played there at least a few times a month..

Except the forums are not an accurate representation of the player base. If you were to ask the actual player base in the game, you would find out that only a small portion of the player base pvps. You can also see this in what is released. If PVP was a popular part of the game, the devs would spend a lot more time on it. But they don't, they spend all their time on PVE which is where a majority of the player base spends most to all of their time.

If their was money in PVP content, the devs would spend time on it.
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PvP does nothing good for ESO and just adds unnecessary balancing issues. It would be better to remove it.
    I agree we could turn Cyro and IC into something useful and the devs wouldn't spend so much time trying to work around pvp balancing.

A recent poll on the forums here put PVP towards the top of the activities list of what most people do in this game. Higher than most PVE activities actually... I think only questing beat it out. Trials, Dungeons, Housing, etc... all way less popular.

I realize that many players who are strictly PVE don't like to hear that, but as a GM of a 500 person Social/Trade PVE guild, we have had to schedule at least 4 events a week in Cyrodiil now to meet our members wishes. WAY more people than you realize enjoy PVP in ESO, it is actually super fun, incredibly profitable (over 1 mil/mo), and with the exception of the lag, a complete blast. If they fix the lag, I wouldn't be surprised if most players played there at least a few times a month..

Except the forums are not an accurate representation of the player base. If you were to ask the actual player base in the game, you would find out that only a small portion of the player base pvps. You can also see this in what is released. If PVP was a popular part of the game, the devs would spend a lot more time on it. But they don't, they spend all their time on PVE which is where a majority of the player base spends most to all of their time.

Not really. Their PVP instance is broken and every fix they try makes it worst, which pretty much blocks them from moving forward with doin anything new with it. Yet, I still see hundreds of players out there mixing it up nightly, and most of the time have had a 30 minute plus queue just to get in... far from an unpopular activity. That's not even counting BG's or the other Cyro instances, which I know at least a good 20% of my guild participates in. The only PVP part of this game that isn't highly popular, would be IC, that place is just dead.
    Edited by Kwoung on April 7, 2021 11:58PM
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What, and spread out the community even more?
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • Greasytengu
    Greasytengu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adding more content isnt going to dilute the PVP playerbase. Does adding new trials dilute the PVE playerbase?
    " I nEeD HeAlInG!!! "
  • Parasaurolophus
    Parasaurolophus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not really. Their PVP instance is broken and every fix they try makes it worst, which pretty much blocks them from moving forward with doin anything new with it. Yet, I still see hundreds of players out there mixing it up nightly, and most of the time have had a 30 minute plus queue just to get in... far from an unpopular activity. That's not even counting BG's or the other Cyro instances, which I know at least a good 20% of my guild participates in. The only PVP part of this game that isn't highly popular, would be IC, that place is just dead.

How many players can be in one campaign? 600? 900? Now, even in prime time, not all campaigns are filled.
    PC/EU
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gundug wrote: »
    No new PVP content until you fix current PVP. Plain and simple.

In order to design new content you would have to take into consideration just how things are expected to work and if things could possibly change. BGs dealt with this by being no-CP only and limited to small instances.

If we were to go by this rule for PVE, we would never have anything new, considering the things that stay broken for years, or become broken after a patch. Cyrodiil needs a major revamp and re-thinking. It suffers from remaining largely unchanged for years, and from scattering too many different types of actions over a very large space. It would be fine as is if it was possible to have thousands of players in the zone at once but we know there are nowhere near those numbers, nor the server infrastructure to support more.

The dynamics of PvE are much different than PvP. With PvE variety is often achieved by new content. In PvP the variety should come from player behaviors. Those behaviors can be influenced some by changes to the game. No matter the setting it will be players fighting other players. Changing goals could help. Thing is there will always need to be choke points and points of focus such as the gates and keeps.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Even if that were all true it still doesn't reach near the number of players that PvE. Basically there is one campaign that is full during peak hours with others catching some overflow. There are also a couple of guilds that take advantage of the empty campaigns to flip the map and emp a member.

Battlegrounds has queues most the day that can get frustrating.

Of course there is no telling how popular PvP would be if there were some major quality improvements. I know several people I used to PvP with check in from time to time hoping things are better then get frustrated and go to some other game for a while.
  • Kalik_Gold
    Kalik_Gold
    ✭✭✭✭✭

In order to design new content you would have to take into consideration just how things are expected to work and if things could possibly change. BGs dealt with this by being no-CP only and limited to small instances.

IMO just release something new that works for large scale. Don’t know why this should wait while this fix old stuff, unless it’s the same team of people that work on both.
    Main: (PvP & PvE)
    Ras Kalik a Redguard Templar, the Vestige

PvP:
    Aurik Siet'ka a Redguard Necromancer
    Cacique the Sage of Ius a Redguard Warden
    Jux Blackheart a Redguard Nightblade
    Goliath of Hammerfell a Redguard Dragonknight
    Kaotik Von Dae'mon a Redguard* Sorcerer

PvP: (Specialty)
    Tyrus Septim an Imperial Lycan Sorcerer
    Tsar af-Bomba a Redguard Vampiric Nightblade
    Movárth Piquine a Nord Vampiric Necromancer
    Uri Ice-Heart the Twin a Nord Vampiric Warden

PvE:
    Cinan Tharn an Imperial Dragonknight
    Bates Vesuius of Dawnstar an Imperial Dragonknight
    Herzog Zwei the Genesis an Akavari* Templar
    Tav'i at-Shinji a Redguard** Warden
    Lucky Hunch the Gambler - a Redguard Nightblade

Leveling...
    Zenovia at-Tura a Redguard** Sorcerer
    Yesi af-Kalik a Redguard Templar
    Voa a Priest of Sep a Redguard* Necromancer
    ======
    Passives of another race used. (RP)
    *Breton
    **Imperial

__________________________Backstories:_________________________

Ras Kalik the Vestige, a renown Redguard warrior; He has been blessed to save Tamriel from Molag Bal’s destructive Planemeld while reuniting the Five Companions. His further accomplishments after defeating Molag Bal, has been to stop the destruction of Morrowind, the Clockwork City, return order to the isle of Summerset and create a new king in Wrothgar and a queen in Elsywer. These events have made him a living legend and continue to lead him into new adventures throughout Tamriel, as well as into the hearts of many ladies including the Elf Queen, Aryenn. Over many years of adventurous travels, Ras Kalik had become a loner, until he re-visited his homeland of Alik'r.

Alik'r and it's cities were overrun by the undead Ra-Netu and therefore he made an allegiance with Alik'r's own Ash'abah tribe. These Ash'abah with his help, cleansed the city of Sentinel in Alik'r desert and it's surrounding areas of the undead brought to life by the Withered Hand. After rescuing Sentinel from the undead zombies, King Fahara’jad’s personal bodyguard the Goliath of Hammerfell, who was given this name by Imperials in the region; was asked to assist the tribe after learning of the defeat of the Withered Hand to the Ash'abah. Kalik promised Goliath he would task him with fighting living enemies on the battlefield if he so desired. Goliath being a Yokudan warrior wields a massive sword in respect to the Ansei, a gift given by the Imperial, Cinan Tharn. Not many soldiers are able to wield double two handed weapons, but Goliath loves to get up and personal in a fight, so he also carries a giant maul, both weapons laced with magical flames.

Jux Blackheart is a master thief that masquerades as a Bard at the Sisters of the Sands inn, with his younger sidekick Lucky Hunch for pilfering and gambling during this time. Jux was known to infiltrate any towns bank vault he came across and even delved into Ayelid ruins without detection. Kalik can vividly recall the night he met the famed thief. Jux found himself rummaging thru a slightly inebriated Kalik’s pocket for too long, on a full-mooned night and because of his greed and the glimmer of his golden armor in the moonlight. He lost his left pinky fingertip as a lesson! But in return, he gained a new friend, as it was his first time since a child being caught red-handed...

Upon arrival back in the Alik'r after many moons of adventuring, Ras Kalik ventures to Bergama. Visiting The Winking Jackal, he runs into Jux Blackheart, who introduces him to the coin game Crowns vs Forebearers (Heads vs Tails) and Golden Dwemer (RBG).... Jux constantly takes gold from the unfortunate thru theft or gambling, his biggest gambling victim is actually his partner in crime known as Lucky Hunch the Gambler. Lucky doesn't mind losing any gold coins to Jux... as Jux saved him from Altmer slavers in Summerset, by stealing a key and sending him on a boat to the mainland years prior. Lucky spent years in slavery with Khajiits in Summerset and picked up the art of subterfuge, using illusion magic disguises and stealing there.

Kaotik Von’Daemon an outcast, and a half-caste between a Breton mother and a Redguard father. Kaotik become a pariah due to his conjuration of Daedra pets. He was taught healing magic during his childhood years by his Breton mother. His father due to Redguard customs exiled him from the desert, sending him by wagon caravan to be a soldier in the war in Cyrodiil. He happened to meet Kalik while traveling from Alik'r, during this long caravan ride the caravan he was in was ambushed in Bangkorai by a group of bandits. Kalik by chance was also traveling thru this area on his Auridon Warhorse (which was bestowed to him by his friend, Darien Gautier). During this ambush, Kalik was able to rescue five hostages from the bandits. Kaotik was the first rescued, and Ras Kalik also recruited him to be in the Ash'abah tribe. These core Ash'abah tribesmen may never be seen together in travel as they partake in their own adventures but they always know what each other is doing; as they frequent a hideout in northern Bankorai. Their hideout an old Orc castle ruin, is kept watch by Nuzhimeh and she passes messages written between them, and frequently they also enjoy her company and her bed.

The other men rescued were a Dunmer banker, an Imperial mercenary and two other soldiers, an Imperial and a Breton Knight, stating proudly he was an Akavir descendent. One of the Imperials, Cinan, claimed to be related to Abnur Tharn the Battlemage of the Imperial Elder Council (One of Ras Kalik's mentors in the Five Companions). Cinan Tharn was really Abnur's drunkard treasure hunting illegitimate son. He was caught smuggling artifacts out of the Ayleid ruins in Cyrodiil and the elder of the two Imperials was Tyrus Septim a retired Imperial navy battle-mage (now a Lycan mercenary living in the city of Rimmen) and guard to the Tharn family. As much as Abnur Tharn hated his half-sister Euraxia, he dislikes his bas†ard son Cinan more. Tyrus now a ruffian and privateer had been paid by Abnur Tharn to watch over Cinan as much as possible. Cinan Tharn a drunkard, loves to drink at least a quarter barrel of Nord mead before he raids various delves and dungeons for relics to sell on the black market. Cinan also plans to one day, run an illegal gambling ring... which he thinks will net him more gold for his wares.

The Dunmer captive shackled to the Imperials looked familiar to Kalik from his time in Morrowind.... and he recognized him as Tythis Andromo a House Telvanni slave-owner and banker from Vvardenfell. During a rough interrogation to Tythis, Ras Kalik learnt why the bandits accosted him. The racist Dunmer was providing slaves as soldiers for the Three Banner War. The bandits were trying to negotiate a lucrative ransom for Andromo and the Imperials.... Kalik did not need any of this gold and he could never set Tythis free as he did with the two Imperial soldiers. His past involvement with slavery and war crimes, made Kalik's blood boil. He chose not to execute Tythis, as he figured the worse punishment for this former rich and opulent slave owner, is to now be an imprisoned servant for Ras Kalik and the tribe.

Herzog Zwei the Genesis a reknown Imperial/Akavirri battle-mage. His roots going back to Akavir through his mother’s bloodline. (His mother is descended from the Akaviri, through Versidue-Shae, and his Imperial father met her in Hakoshae, while traveling) Herzog earned the nickname "the Genesis" from his father as a child, as he was his mother's first born child, and last, as she tragically died in child-birth.

Herzog was seeking to purchase an artifact from Cinan Tharn, before their capture and was meeting Tyrus while in Rimmen, who introduced him to Cinan. This artifact being the Ayelid artifact; the sword Sinweaver. After their rescue and the exchange of gold to Cinan for the sword he decided to slip away before Ras Kalik could question who he was, and why the Akavir descendant really wanted that sword. Herzog was headed to Nagastani — An Ayleid ruin in eastern Cyrodiil. He had read in scrolls that the Sword would give him magical powers to meet his mothers spirit, if he performed an Ayleid ritual at an old shrine hidden there. Equipped with the artifact sword, he was off to start his own adventure but Ras Kalik, did indeed notice the sword however and instead sent a letter to Jux Blackheart (whom also was interested in Ayleid treasures), to attempt to find Herzog and acquire the sword. (*Azani Blackheart in Elder Scroll's Oblivion is Jux's descendant some 747 years later)

And so the Redguard, Imperial and Akaviri men parted ways ... While Ras Kalik went off to Elsweyr to encounter the latest threat to Tamriel, with Abnur Tharn and Sai Sahan - - DRAGONS!! Little did Ras Kalik know a few people were awaiting him in Senchal besides Sai. A necromancer survived his attack on the Withered Hand, while in Alik'r. The necromancer known as Auriek Siet'ka is also following him to the land of the Khajiits and Cacique the Sage of Ius a Shaman mystic who has become attuned spiritually with Tu'whacca (a Redguard God) and Ius (the Animal God), after being burned severely by the escaped dragons in Elsywer, is awaiting his arrival also. Aurik is a soldier of the Daggerfall Covenant that was introduced to necromancy while in the military, even though this magicka art is not spoken of openly by most of the Military leaders. He came to Alik'r and worked with the Withered Hand before Ras Kalik intervened on their plans. After the defeat of the Withered Hand, he aligned with the Worm Cult, and is constantly adapting and perfecting his necromantic arts.

After his journey to Rimmen, Kalik heads south to Senchal, in the southern regions of Elyswer. This new adventure will also put him on a path to meet a strange Redguard man. The stranger which was infected with an untreated Peyrite disease and also was the exiled from the Order of the New Moon cult, due to his sickness. He originally joined the cult to worship Laatvulon, the green dragon, mistakenly thinking it was the Daedric prince Peyrite. This confused and suffering cultist is known as Tsar al-Bomba and he is on a path to spread the disease. He was originally infected in Orccrest while recruiting members there. Can Ras Kalik and the shaman Cacique cure this poor soul, only time will tell. Little does Tsar al-Bomba know, that his infection is tied to Vampirism, and eventually the desire for blood will take over his mind. Senchal also offers Kalik his latest love interest... Aeliah. Whom he fondly led thru battles with the Dragonguard.

After the trek thru the heat, tropical and desert climate of Northern and Southern Elyswer, Ras Kalik heads north to the cold mountain range of Skyrim. His companion friend Lyris beckons for him with a letter sent by crow...

Movárth Piquine - a former vampire hunter (now infected), within the Fighter's Guild (and a secretive necromancer) was in Skyrim working with the Morthaal Guard. On a patrol mission he was caught in Frewien's ice curse outside of Morthaal with the frozen undead. Movárth's vampiric infection kept him from becoming an undead minion to the curse. He was able to use necromantic ice-magic to encase himself safely until he was freed with Freiwen, when the Vestige Ras Kalik broke the curse.

Uri Ice-Heart - brother of Urfon Ice-Heart. The twin sons of Atli and Oljourn Ice-Heart. The Ice-Heart family are originally from Markarth but now reside on the Jerall Mountain range near Cyrodiil, with their younger sister Araki. The twins had joined the Winterborn Reachmen while living in Markarth. Urfon pushed west to Orsinium with the Winterborn Clan, leaving his family behind. Uri stayed behind with his parents and sister to live in the family cabin for safety, avoiding the Vampire plague infiltrating the Reach. After news reaches him and he hears of Urfon's death... Uri leaves and heads home and is seeking vengeance. Meanwhile, his sister has also moved on to Windhelm to join the Fighter's guild. He will visit his sister, once before going to seek vengeance and she will craft him armor mixed with ice, called Stalhrim armor. Uri fearing death, after his brother's passing, falls victim to the convincing talk of Movárth at a Nordic tavern, and will also becomes a vampire.

{time moves forward through the hour-glass}
    PS5/NA - Ras Kalik a Redguard Templar - Daggerfall Covenant • 1550+ Champion

• C0RTEX4
    C0RTEX4
    ✭✭✭
    Kalik_Gold wrote: »

IMO just release something new that works for large scale. Don’t know why this should wait while this fix old stuff, unless it’s the same team of people that work on both.

Exactly!!! When PVE was broken for the first 3 years of the game, they still released content whilst fixing all those bots and bugs why can't they do the same...

It doesn't have to be a huge thing, we just want something!!! anything!!!!
  • C0RTEX4
    C0RTEX4
    ✭✭✭

How many players can be in one campaign? 600? 900? Now, even in prime time, not all campaigns are filled.

I don't know how it is on other platforms but on PC today there was a que of 85 people waiting to get into the NON CP campaign and 73 for the CP campaign, it is like this all the time so how can you say pvp is never full?
  • C0RTEX4
    C0RTEX4
    ✭✭✭

That is 100% fact on the EU server PC, there are always ques for both campaigns and bg's, of course PVP won't have the numbers that PVE gets because it's capped at am max amount of player and isn't the driving force of the game, but even still there are soo many players that cap the campaigns on the factions, and they don't even play.

Everyday I'm in cyrodill and the same topic comes up by about 70% of the players, "We want pvp interesting", problem is that they just don't come on the forums and do what I'm doing here, addressing these issues that keep popping up since 2014 in Cyrodill.
  • ThorianB
    ThorianB
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You see hundreds out of tens of thousands online. There are more people doing crafting dailies in Vivec City in a 24 hours period than all of Cyro PVP combined in that same period. They don't put any real effort into fixing Cyro because its not worth their time. It's not a good investment. IF it was a good investment every new chapter would include, at the very least, a new BG. But its not even worth creating one BG a year.

You can tell yourself whatever you want to believe, but reality is going to keep disappointing you.
  • C0RTEX4
    C0RTEX4
    ✭✭✭

You see hundreds out of tens of thousands online. There are more people doing crafting dailies in Vivec City in a 24 hours period than all of Cyro PVP combined in that same period. They don't put any real effort into fixing Cyro because its not worth their time. It's not a good investment. IF it was a good investment every new chapter would include, at the very least, a new BG. But its not even worth creating one BG a year.

You can tell yourself whatever you want to believe, but reality is going to keep disappointing you.

But even then why not put something into pvp that will get pve players to change their minds about pvp and actually join in on the fun, this would ultimately increase the player base in pvp, new players will join the pve side anyway, and try the pvp, realise it's really good and play it making it more worth something than what it ise now, driving the game to be an even better game overall and possibly the best mmo in general for both pvp and pve, I mean it would bring more money into the game making this company happier anyway, so what's the problem in adding a little more, Like I said before they don't need to make a huge chapter size of content for pvp, just all little things here and there building it up to be something amazing later for everyone!
  • SteveCampsOut
    SteveCampsOut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    C0RTEX4 wrote: »

Other then that your asking for PVP content from a game that specializes in single player.

Wrong this game from the beginning was intended for group play, not single play.

Nope. This game took an EXTREMELY Single Player world and pasted MMO on top of it. The Elder Scrolls world has been single player since it's inception! They took the PVP 3 alliance concept from an existing MMO and pasted it onto a single player game. Try again. 3 Alliance pvp originated in Dark Ages of Camelot.

Dude I'm talking about this current game NOT previous single player games, you forget PVP in 2014-2015 was intended that the actions within pvp would impact pve and vice versa, if you wanted buffs from scrolls etc... in your trials for example, you needed to take them in your alliance and campaign in order to receive the benefits, bearing in mind PVE in those days was a lot harder than it is now considering we didn't have 100+ proc sets nor CP advantage, this all changed when One Tamriel came out! and must I add PVP was the only thing saving the game at that time, till they nerfed the hell out of the classes and switched the work to pve which caused the lag in the first place, it's only because pve was broken and full of bots that they changed the way the game is.

They took all the fun out of pvp, removed certain skill mechs and effects, removed former emp passives, removed wildlife, doors from towers, gap closing from bottom of walls, added a hammer witch only Enhance these ball groups.

Never the less this still doesn't mean that we cannot have a good level of pvp in this game nor have it be interesting, we don't ask for alot apart from good gameplay and refreshers that make the instance interesting.

I'm not forgetting anything. I was here from Beta til now. I Never rage quit once as many have, though I have un-subscribed from ESO+ because I no longer feel it's worth the price. They ruined the whole premise of 3 alliance battle when they removed the benefits for your factions being on top. They were never serious about this being a PvP game. That decision showed their cards. I've been here for all of it.

I also spent over 8 years in DAoC starting in the Beta using a room mate's account, then buying my own once it went live. The Alliance Wars, or as we called them in DAoC, Realm Wars, they had consequences! When your realm held the most keeps, you realm's player's had access to a Very HUGE and fun Dungeon and when other realms took over the war zone, they flooded that dungeon bringing PvP upon you whether you liked it or not if you were just a PvE player! ESO ruined that premise. It never lived up to the original!
    Edited by SteveCampsOut on April 8, 2021 2:40AM
    @ֆȶɛʋɛƈǟʍքֆօʊȶ ʀʋʟɨʄɛ⍟
    Sanguine & Psijic Group Beta Tester.
    Steve's Craftiness Find out what I can make for you at my Google Doc Spreadsheet.
    Pacrooti's Hirelings Website:
    pacrootis.enjin.com/

NA Server:
    Steforax Soulstrong CH782 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH782 Dragonknight AD
    Rheticia Le Drakisius CH782 Nightblade DC
    Razmuzan Thrasmas CH782 Templar EP
    Sheenara Soulstrong CH782 Dragonknight DC
    Erik Ramzey CH782 Nightblade AD
    Growling Kahjiti CH782 Nightblade EP
    One of Many Faces CH782 Sorcerer DC
    Grumpasaurus Rex CH782 Warden DC
    EU Server:
    Guildmaster of Pacrooti's Hirelings AD Based LGBT Friendly Guild.
    Stefrex Souliss CH701 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH701 Dragonknight DC
    Slithisi Ksissi CH701 Nightblade EP
    Pokes-With-Fire CH701 Dragonknight AD
    Josie-The-Pussi-Cat CH701 Templar AD
    Stug-Grog M'God CH701 Templar DC
    One With Many Faces CH701 Nightblade DC
    Trixie Truskan CH701 Sorcerer EP
    Grumpetasaurus Rex CH701 Warden EP
  • C0RTEX4
    C0RTEX4
    ✭✭✭

Other then that your asking for PVP content from a game that specializes in single player.

Wrong this game from the beginning was intended for group play, not single play.

Nope. This game took an EXTREMELY Single Player world and pasted MMO on top of it. The Elder Scrolls world has been single player since it's inception! They took the PVP 3 alliance concept from an existing MMO and pasted it onto a single player game. Try again. 3 Alliance pvp originated in Dark Ages of Camelot.

Dude I'm talking about this current game NOT previous single player games, you forget PVP in 2014-2015 was intended that the actions within pvp would impact pve and vice versa, if you wanted buffs from scrolls etc... in your trials for example, you needed to take them in your alliance and campaign in order to receive the benefits, bearing in mind PVE in those days was a lot harder than it is now considering we didn't have 100+ proc sets nor CP advantage, this all changed when One Tamriel came out! and must I add PVP was the only thing saving the game at that time, till they nerfed the hell out of the classes and switched the work to pve which caused the lag in the first place, it's only because pve was broken and full of bots that they changed the way the game is.

They took all the fun out of pvp, removed certain skill mechs and effects, removed former emp passives, removed wildlife, doors from towers, gap closing from bottom of walls, added a hammer witch only Enhance these ball groups.

Never the less this still doesn't mean that we cannot have a good level of pvp in this game nor have it be interesting, we don't ask for alot apart from good gameplay and refreshers that make the instance interesting.

I'm not forgetting anything. I was here from Beta til now. I Never rage quit once as many have, though I have un-subscribed from ESO+ because I no longer feel it's worth the price. The ruined the whole premise of 3 alliance battle when they removed the benefits for your factions to be on top. They were never serious about this being a PvP game. That decision showed their cards. I've been here for all of it.

I too have been here from the beginning, completed about 80% of all these pve achievements, it's not fun to repeat the same trials and dungeon that are boring after the first 15 times, I played pvp from the start through out the entire game, made 6 hardcore pvp guilds, 2 trade guilds, 3 pve social guilds, and still recently joined another old social guild from Beta with their players because I feel I have alot of experience in both parts of the game to aid them, but pvp is not as bad as people think, the lag really has been reduced by a huge load, and now there are no proc sets, alot of pvp players are screaming to keep this change, but the questions still stand from the 70% of pvp players that are not here on the forums, "When will they make pvp interesting" we are not asking for a whole lot, just something to make it more fun in between the boring repetitive "End game" pve that we have here because I'm not being funny but ALOT of players in cyrodill don't even pve unless it's to make a new build for pvp.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rather than a new map, they should probably split the current one up into separate instances. Make the mile gates/bridges permanent "zoning" spots where you cross over to a new instance, maybe even add quite a few more to break Cyro up into maybe 6-8 distinct areas, none of which affect each other performance wise. They could go as far as to limit the number of players from each faction that can enter each area as well if required, whole groups denied access if there isn't enough room for the whole group.

This would limit lag in each instance and spread everyone out around the map as well, fighting in difference instances. No more full on faction stacks, as only 1/2 of them can enter the area and the other half needs to find another fight to start or join.

The whole map and zone chat should be available as is now, and alternative methods put in place to port to instances on the other side of a full locked instance, like maybe a drop down at the gate telling you that area is full, would you like to cross to this other area instead?

Anyhow, I think that might go a long ways towards solving a lot of cyro issues and make it a ton more fun to play there, as long as large battles could still be accomplished, not reduce it to 24v24 or something lame like that.
    Thought of the same myself, split the 3 faction areas a bit like how IC is divided.
    However you still have the last emperor keep fights and yes its the huge fights we remember outside weird stuff like the time I was solo defending an keep while DC and EP fought on the walls. I supplied non partisan fire support.

Still think the problem today is more an client issue than an server one. Have more performance issues in trials than in Cyrodil now.
    Changing graphic setting like particle effects on the fly would probably solve lots of it.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • StamPlar_1976
    StamPlar_1976
    ✭✭✭✭
    I highly doubt it would happen.
  • ThorianB
    ThorianB
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But even then why not put something into pvp that will get pve players to change their minds about pvp and actually join in on the fun, this would ultimately increase the player base in pvp, new players will join the pve side anyway, and try the pvp, realise it's really good and play it making it more worth something than what it ise now, driving the game to be an even better game overall and possibly the best mmo in general for both pvp and pve, I mean it would bring more money into the game making this company happier anyway, so what's the problem in adding a little more, Like I said before they don't need to make a huge chapter size of content for pvp, just all little things here and there building it up to be something amazing later for everyone!

I agree. I would rather them turn Cyro into a normal PVE zone or zones and then do something like have PVP be something you do in " pocket realms" using oblivion portals. I would do a whole thing where guilds could own pocket planes and battle each other for those planes and even take them from each other or some such. I could definitely come up with some interesting PVP for this game. Cyro and IC are a lost cause IMO and BGs need a complete rework to make them interesting.

Maybe they will take advantage of oblivion portals for PVP and some guild space or maybe it will be an opportunity they waste. It's probably going to be the latter, we know that.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't know how it is on other platforms but on PC today there was a que of 85 people waiting to get into the NON CP campaign and 73 for the CP campaign, it is like this all the time so how can you say pvp is never full?

There is an event happening so some of the players in Cyrodiil are there doing the town dailies for rewards.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't believe this at all. I believe they are trying to improve Cyrodiil. They don't want part of the game to be broken. The problems really started when they moved things from player side to server side to prevent cheat engine from working. Since then they have been trying a variety of things to help alleviate the lag that created.
  • C0RTEX4
    C0RTEX4
    ✭✭✭
    kargen27 wrote: »

There is an event happening so some of the players in Cyrodiil are there doing the town dailies for rewards.

Event or not, I’m in cyrodil all the time and the factions always cap out! It doesn’t matter what event, you forget there are players that don’t even care for the events and just do them for the exp buffs and then go back into pvp to level cp.

• nryerson1025
    nryerson1025
    ✭✭✭✭
    shorten the map of the second 30 day campaign imo, make it a mini cyro, something more suitable to its population. update the way keeps are taken, anything really to freshen up pvp imo
  • Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Couple of questions derived from posts in this thread:

Is diluting the player base a bad thing if the system can't even handle the number of players trying to play the single map we have now?

Isn't Questing also considered PVE?

Would you still be here questing if the game only had the quests this game launched with?

In all honesty I got burned out on PvP in the first year of this game.

Personally I would love to see someone implement a massive Deathmatch rather than AvAvA. Kind of like an UT match on steroids. No one cares if they die as long as your at the top on kills. It would be easy to do just turn on friendly fire and break the map into zones. Instead of the 20-30 player limit from days of old it could be glorious with hundreds competing at once.
    Each person for themselves.

(Edit: you could run week long matches and the top 20, 50, (pick a number) for number of kills would get rewards)
    Edited by Casdha on April 8, 2021 4:09PM
    Proud member of the Psijic Order - The first wave - The 0.016%

• kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Casdha wrote: »
    Couple of questions derived from posts in this thread:

Is diluting the player base a bad thing if the system can't even handle the number of players trying to play the single map we have now?

Isn't Questing also considered PVE?

Would you still be here questing if the game only had the quests this game launched with?

In all honesty I got burned out on PvP in the first year of this game.

Personally I would love to see someone implement a massive Deathmatch rather than AvAvA. Kind of like an UT match on steroids. No one cares if they die as long as your at the top on kills. It would be easy to do just turn on friendly fire and break the map into zones. Instead of the 20-30 player limit from days of old it could be glorious with hundreds competing at once.
    Each person for themselves.

(Edit: you could run week long matches and the top 20, 50, (pick a number) for number of kills would get rewards)

Diluting the PvP player base could be bad. As mentioned earlier battle grounds already has long queue times outside of peak hours. Cyrodiil for the most part has only one active campaign outside of peak times. Cyrodiil is suppose to be large scale battles. Taking population from that would hurt the players that want the large scale fights. Adding more large scale content doesn't solve the lag and other problems and divides the population unnecessarily.

Questing is PvE. In Cyrodiil it is also PvP.

Unfair question. PvE needs new content to survive. PvP is more dependent on player behavior to create continued interest.

I agree it would be fun to have PvP events. For instance that entire area (not entire zone) where we entered the arena to kill the pig and steal his apples could be a good place for a week-end of killing each other. I think it would need to be a separate instance you choose to load into. Your suggestion of hundreds competing probably runs into the same problem Cyrodiil has. There would be lag and all the other things that drive players away. Creating an instance in a Public Dungeon that is PvP for a week would be fun. The Public Dungeons have choke points and objectives could be created for group play.

I think new permanent content for PvP would be a mistake. Special PvP events in areas that already exist but are not PvP areas once a month that lasts a few days could work well though.

And I still think we should be able to allow free for alls in our homes. No rewards or achievements just killing each other for fun and bragging rights.