Maintenance for the week of July 8:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance - July 8
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 9, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 43 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/662078/

Soo... Zos, when are you going to give us NEW PVP content ?

• Emmagoldman
    Emmagoldman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Katahdin wrote: »
    They cant just delete Cyrodiil and the Three Banners War or move it to some new area.
    It is part of the game world and the lore.

We already have Cyro, IC and BG. How many more ways do you want to split and dilute the PVP playerbase?

So that's......3 oh boy!!!!! So many ways to enjoy pvp!!!!!

Options
  • MeltyLotus
    MeltyLotus
    ✭✭✭
    Name a MMO that's PVP isn't broken or whatever. PvP in MMOs is always meh and most of the time they don't add new maps cause often players will just play one of two of them. They divide up the player base so much that there's barely enough for any of the modes to get play. I prefer fighting games for my PVP but that's just me. MMO PVP never works out right and there's always some lame factors to it. Doesn't matter the game.

Other then that your asking for PVP content from a game that specializes in single player.
    Options
  • Arahallris
    Arahallris
    ✭✭✭
    We need a cops and robbers Justice System like what was proposed at Quakecon 2014.

@ 52:13
    https://youtu.be/3LkeMacg-b0?t=3133
    Edited by Arahallris on April 7, 2021 1:47AM
    Options
  • ThorianB
    ThorianB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MeltyLotus wrote: »
    Name a MMO that's PVP isn't broken or whatever. PvP in MMOs is always meh and most of the time they don't add new maps cause often players will just play one of two of them. They divide up the player base so much that there's barely enough for any of the modes to get play. I prefer fighting games for my PVP but that's just me. MMO PVP never works out right and there's always some lame factors to it. Doesn't matter the game.

Other then that your asking for PVP content from a game that specializes in single player.

I found PVP in Eve to actually be really good. In order for PVP to be good, it needs to come first and PVE needs to be a necessary evil/filler when your not pvping. PVP will never be good in ESO because it is an afterthought and always will be. The PVE is what brings all the boys to the yard, not PVP.

There is no imagination put into the PVP aspect of this game by the dev team. Look at battlegrounds. They are extremely basic. They all have the same basic design. The teams aren't even remotely close to being balanced correctly half the time one team starts and play a few minutes one man down.

That tells you right there that PVP is dead in this game. You see all the love they put into crafting a new zone and then you queue for battlegrounds or go to Cyro and its like WTF is this? I was excited that ESO had battelgrounds because that was actually one of my two favorite things to do in WoW and WoW did have some awesome BGs when i played. But then i played these BGs and it was like finding lumps of coal in my stocking... and then being beat with it.
    Options
  • C0RTEX4
    C0RTEX4
    ✭✭✭
    [quote="

Other then that your asking for PVP content from a game that specializes in single player.[/quote]

Wrong this game from the beginning was intended for group play, not single play.
    Options
  • xAarionx
    xAarionx
    ✭✭✭
    I must say, the BG is disappointing
    The fact there is only No CP BG is also disappoing

And the tree teams system is completly ridiculous, more often than not 2 teams join togeter agains't the a third who they see as an "Easy target" and the experience becomes more frustrating than enjoyable

Chaos ball and domination are matches that at the most times are decided in the first minute of the game (they're actually fun when this do not happen, but, most of the times it happens)

Capture the relic is... meh

not to mention the current meta-game that makes: Use all heavy armor or be exploded

Then there is cyrodil, a place that I must say, I avoid playing, becouse the lag experience is too much frustrating, you can't combo, you cant do a good strategy. The only thing that can work is ball grouping - And ball groups only works because of the excessive lag i migh add. and I feel sad about it, because it has so much potential for fun...

Edited by xAarionx on April 7, 2021 1:23PM
    Options
  • lazywhiteseal
    lazywhiteseal
    ✭✭✭
    oof why ask for a new pvp content when current content is unstable. probably best to balance and fix problems with the current contents. isnt that why they are doing pvp tests time to time? i dunno
    i dont pvp often but when i do i experience severe lag and sometime game crash most of the time. i almost never experience any of these when i pve.
    Options
  • RPGplayer13579
    RPGplayer13579
    ✭✭✭✭
    Crafting writs that actually help in the 3 Banners War? So crafting focused characters can contribute in a small way. One example is a Provisioning Writ increases the health of your alliance NPC soldiers for 30 minutes.
    My Characters.

Mike Snow - Imperial - Templar - One-Handed and Shield - Tank - Daggerfall Covenant - Commander.
    Catelyn Rivers - Breton - Sorcerer - Destruction Staff - Daggerfall Covenant - Telvanni Magister.
    Ashara Sand - Redguard - Warden - Two-Handed/One-Handed and Shield - Daggerfall Covenant - Heroic.
    Tormund gro-Largash - Orsimer - Dragonknight - Two-Handed - Daggerfall Covenant - Furious.
    Lysa Rivers - Breton - Nightblade - Bow/One-Handed and Shield - Vampire - Daggerfall Covenant - Brassy Assassin.

Jon Karstark - Nord - Dragonknight - Two-Handed - Ebonheart Pact - Drunk.
    Arya Sand - Dunmer - Dragonknight - Dual Wield - Ebonheart Pact - Assassin.
    Sansa Snow - Impeial - Warden - Destruction Staff/One-Handed and Shield - Ebonheart Pect - Swashbuckler.
    Jojen Reed-Walker - Argonian - Templar - Restoration Staff - Healer - Ebonheart Pact - Melancholy.
    Alys Karstark - Nord - Nightblade - Bow/Dual Wield - Ebonheart Pact - Minstrel.

Nymeria Woods - Bosmer - Nightblade - Bow - Aldmeri Dominion - Thief.
    Brandon Wings - Altmer - Templar - Restoration Staff - Healer - Aldmeri Dominion - Scholar.
    Lyanna Flowers - Altmer - Sorcerer - Sword/Destruction Staff - Aldmeri Dominion - Duchess.
    Marvolo-jo Riddle - Khajiit - Necromancer - Destruction Staff - Aldmeri Dominion - Deadlands Firewalker.
    Obara Woods - Bosmer - Templar - Bow - Werewolf - Aldmeri Dominion - Cheerful.

Options
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rather than a new map, they should probably split the current one up into separate instances. Make the mile gates/bridges permanent "zoning" spots where you cross over to a new instance, maybe even add quite a few more to break Cyro up into maybe 6-8 distinct areas, none of which affect each other performance wise. They could go as far as to limit the number of players from each faction that can enter each area as well if required, whole groups denied access if there isn't enough room for the whole group.

This would limit lag in each instance and spread everyone out around the map as well, fighting in difference instances. No more full on faction stacks, as only 1/2 of them can enter the area and the other half needs to find another fight to start or join.

The whole map and zone chat should be available as is now, and alternative methods put in place to port to instances on the other side of a full locked instance, like maybe a drop down at the gate telling you that area is full, would you like to cross to this other area instead?

Anyhow, I think that might go a long ways towards solving a lot of cyro issues and make it a ton more fun to play there, as long as large battles could still be accomplished, not reduce it to 24v24 or something lame like that.
    Options
  • Ekzorka
    Ekzorka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    C0RTEX4 wrote: »
    It's been 7+ years and nothing really new
    Are you sure that you don't speak about GW2?
    Options
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In 2022 you will get all of Tamriel as a PvP switchable zone, that's why they gave us the 5k health buff this patch to prepare for mass pvevp next year.
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
    Options
  • Vermintide
    Vermintide
    ✭✭✭✭
    Remember that time they updated the battlegrounds maps by making them all flat out objectively worse?

That tiny arena map. Who's decision was that? It has literal dead end choke points and it's somehow used for chaosball.
    Options
  • Lady_Sleepless
    Lady_Sleepless
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wish they would add new maps and games to Battlegrounds. We haven't had a new map since Murkmire. A Reachman themed one would have been cool.
    Options
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Now a new map would be a change but rather than diluting the pool would removing all the 'hated' modes and just having 1 'new' map every 90 days be the better option

ie Deathmatch only and this map it the next update...

After all 99.9999999999999999999% of all BG are played as deathmatch :wink:
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
    Options
  • SteveCampsOut
    SteveCampsOut
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wrong this game from the beginning was intended for group play, not single play.

Nope. This game took an EXTREMELY Single Player world and pasted MMO on top of it. The Elder Scrolls world has been single player since it's inception! They took the PVP 3 alliance concept from an existing MMO and pasted it onto a single player game. Try again. 3 Alliance pvp originated in Dark Ages of Camelot.

Edited by SteveCampsOut on April 7, 2021 9:16AM
    @ֆȶɛʋɛƈǟʍքֆօʊȶ ʀʋʟɨʄɛ⍟
    Sanguine & Psijic Group Beta Tester.
    Steve's Craftiness Find out what I can make for you at my Google Doc Spreadsheet.
    Pacrooti's Hirelings Website:
    pacrootis.enjin.com/

NA Server:
    Steforax Soulstrong CH782 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH782 Dragonknight AD
    Rheticia Le Drakisius CH782 Nightblade DC
    Razmuzan Thrasmas CH782 Templar EP
    Sheenara Soulstrong CH782 Dragonknight DC
    Erik Ramzey CH782 Nightblade AD
    Growling Kahjiti CH782 Nightblade EP
    One of Many Faces CH782 Sorcerer DC
    Grumpasaurus Rex CH782 Warden DC
    EU Server:
    Guildmaster of Pacrooti's Hirelings AD Based LGBT Friendly Guild.
    Stefrex Souliss CH701 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH701 Dragonknight DC
    Slithisi Ksissi CH701 Nightblade EP
    Pokes-With-Fire CH701 Dragonknight AD
    Josie-The-Pussi-Cat CH701 Templar AD
    Stug-Grog M'God CH701 Templar DC
    One With Many Faces CH701 Nightblade DC
    Trixie Truskan CH701 Sorcerer EP
    Grumpetasaurus Rex CH701 Warden EP
    ESO Plus status: Canceled!
    Options
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't want a new PvP map, I want the one we have not to lag, that's all
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
    Options
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Nope. This game took an EXTREMELY Single Player world and pasted MMO on top of it. The Elder Scrolls world has been single player since it's inception! They took the PVP 3 alliance concept from an existing MMO and pasted it onto a single player game. Try again. 3 Alliance pvp originated in Dark Ages of Camelot.

Along with a lot of the original DEV team!
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
    Options
  • BisDasBlutGefriert
    BisDasBlutGefriert
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by BisDasBlutGefriert on April 7, 2021 10:28AM
    ~There’s a positive in every negative. Sometimes the positive is harder to find than other times, but there is ALWAYS one there~
    Options
  • drkfrontiers
    drkfrontiers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvP does nothing good for ESO and just adds unnecessary balancing issues. It would be better to remove it.
    "One must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star."
    ~ Friedrich Nietzsche
    Options
  • ThorianB
    ThorianB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvP does nothing good for ESO and just adds unnecessary balancing issues. It would be better to remove it.
    I agree we could turn Cyro and IC into something useful and the devs wouldn't spend so much time trying to work around pvp balancing.
    Options
  • DreadDaedroth
    DreadDaedroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not even new Battle-grounds maps :s
    Options
  • Gundug
    Gundug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No new PVP content until you fix current PVP. Plain and simple.

In order to design new content you would have to take into consideration just how things are expected to work and if things could possibly change. BGs dealt with this by being no-CP only and limited to small instances.

If we were to go by this rule for PVE, we would never have anything new, considering the things that stay broken for years, or become broken after a patch. Cyrodiil needs a major revamp and re-thinking. It suffers from remaining largely unchanged for years, and from scattering too many different types of actions over a very large space. It would be fine as is if it was possible to have thousands of players in the zone at once but we know there are nowhere near those numbers, nor the server infrastructure to support more.
    Options
  • PigofSteel
    PigofSteel
    ✭✭✭✭
    New content = New servers

Zen= haha got you. April fools...
    Options
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You would be surprised how many people play some form of PvP, usually it's both PvE and PvP so taking away one option would cause many people to leave because of boredom.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
    Options
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ThorianB wrote: »
    MeltyLotus wrote: »

I found PVP in Eve to actually be really good. In order for PVP to be good, it needs to come first and PVE needs to be a necessary evil/filler when your not pvping. PVP will never be good in ESO because it is an afterthought and always will be. The PVE is what brings all the boys to the yard, not PVP.

There is no imagination put into the PVP aspect of this game by the dev team. Look at battlegrounds. They are extremely basic. They all have the same basic design. The teams aren't even remotely close to being balanced correctly half the time one team starts and play a few minutes one man down.

That tells you right there that PVP is dead in this game. You see all the love they put into crafting a new zone and then you queue for battlegrounds or go to Cyro and its like WTF is this? I was excited that ESO had battelgrounds because that was actually one of my two favorite things to do in WoW and WoW did have some awesome BGs when i played. But then i played these BGs and it was like finding lumps of coal in my stocking... and then being beat with it.

Eve is just on a whole other plane compared to all these other PVP games. Up there with DAoC and SWG. None of these kids will ever know the feeling of sweating your bones off trying to mine a worm hole in low sec, and suddenly seeing ships appear on your D-scan. They won't ever know the glory days we were lucky to experience man.
    Options
  • drkfrontiers
    drkfrontiers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mayrael wrote: »

You would be surprised how many people play some form of PvP, usually it's both PvE and PvP so taking away one option would cause many people to leave because of boredom.

Actually I can't argue with that - it would be just nice if the two systems did not have such a huge impact on each other.
    "One must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star."
    ~ Friedrich Nietzsche
    Options
  • C0RTEX4
    C0RTEX4
    ✭✭✭

Dude I'm talking about this current game NOT previous single player games, you forget PVP in 2014-2015 was intended that the actions within pvp would impact pve and vice versa, if you wanted buffs from scrolls etc... in your trials for example, you needed to take them in your alliance and campaign in order to receive the benefits, bearing in mind PVE in those days was a lot harder than it is now considering we didn't have 100+ proc sets nor CP advantage, this all changed when One Tamriel came out! and must I add PVP was the only thing saving the game at that time, till they nerfed the hell out of the classes and switched the work to pve which caused the lag in the first place, it's only because pve was broken and full of bots that they changed the way the game is.

They took all the fun out of pvp, removed certain skill mechs and effects, removed former emp passives, removed wildlife, doors from towers, gap closing from bottom of walls, added a hammer witch only Enhance these ball groups.

Never the less this still doesn't mean that we cannot have a good level of pvp in this game nor have it be interesting, we don't ask for alot apart from good gameplay and refreshers that make the instance interesting.
    Options
  • Veita
    Veita
    ✭✭✭
    I think the most important thing would be to finally fixy the lag and servers in general and all problems that are tied to it.
    And if that is achieved, then - imo - they should add another big cyrodiil-like map - for instance in a Daedra realm to have basically no limits in design and then make those maps switch every campaign, so all pop is permanently focused on one map but we sitll have rotation in content.
    Options
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ThorianB wrote: »
    I agree we could turn Cyro and IC into something useful and the devs wouldn't spend so much time trying to work around pvp balancing.

A recent poll on the forums here put PVP towards the top of the activities list of what most people do in this game. Higher than most PVE activities actually... I think only questing beat it out. Trials, Dungeons, Housing, etc... all way less popular.

I realize that many players who are strictly PVE don't like to hear that, but as a GM of a 500 person Social/Trade PVE guild, we have had to schedule at least 4 events a week in Cyrodiil now to meet our members wishes. WAY more people than you realize enjoy PVP in ESO, it is actually super fun, incredibly profitable (over 1 mil/mo), and with the exception of the lag, a complete blast. If they fix the lag, I wouldn't be surprised if most players played there at least a few times a month..
    Edited by Kwoung on April 7, 2021 8:39PM
    Options
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvP players hate to hear this, but the very nature of having PvP in a game like this is to be low maintenance content wise.

PvP is PvP. Doesn't matter what terrain or castles are around. I don't think it would improve at all just because it was in a new zone. The best thing they could do is to split Cyrodiil into 3 maps. I'd have a lowbie campaign of the OG full cyrodiil like we have now. Then I'd have 3 maps based on either the post war, or deep into the war splitting Cyro up into AD/EP/DC zones. Each could have different rule sets and would allow players to enter and participate in campaigns in all of them at the same time through the week/month and earn rewards in all three if they wished. As for what the rules would be, that'd be up for brainstorming IMO, but Could have something like castles are destroyed and it's more about controlling camps/sites and open warfare or something else a bit different than what we have now in Cyrodiil.

But I think smaller zones would make the currently smaller pops not feel as small and help with lag.

Either way, I think fixing issues with lag, class and set item balance, and how empty cyrodiil often feels would do more to help than adding new maps/content. In fact, splitting up pvp pop into a new area would make it feel worse IMO.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
    Options