The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Do you like transparent mounts?

SickleCider
SickleCider
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Like gloam wolf, psijic exemplar, purple jello legion zero charger, etc.
✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨

Do you like transparent mounts? 121 votes

Yes
19%
Spr0utlingTheForFeeFSotha_SilCloudtraderHidesFromSunameandorwDzZralphylaurengroober13TheImperfectSshadowSscaleDrathlyZyvaUntilValhalla13AptonothkmkastlScritchelHlanuAlutorablktauna 23 votes
No
51%
lembry_ESOaipex8_ESOVehlirNirntrotterLarsSAektannSorakaStreegamitebaNikaljaElo106Lady_Sleeplessesp1992Juhiz85Smitch_59MyrnhielThe_LexTheDragonIrenieOutLaw_NynxRupzSkooma 62 votes
Some
29%
delta_mysticGalenopajDanikatRadianceSnowfaerieLivvywinterscrolls229prerb18_ESOYoWombatAdernathInaMoonlightsix2fallZorrinFreakin_HytteLadyNalcaryaFischblutMinyassaGhostrunner24kinguardianKiyakotari 36 votes
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Some
    I like the one from Summerset CE, don't really care about the others.
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    To me they don’t feel fitting as mounts, at least not in ESO, not for a corporeal rider. All the more so if armor/clothing clips, as do robes and gowns. Of course you wouldn’t be able to sit on the mount that way in such outfits, but a transparent mount only serves to highlight the issue!
  • Alutora
    Alutora
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    I do like them, but not to that extend to spend cash. If I managed to get one, cool. I did happen to get the ghost elk (don’t really remember the actual name) and I did use it a lot at some point. I do like them loads better than mechanical mounts.
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Some
    mBITWkz.png

I don't like this, but it looks hilarious and makes me giggle :D

As for their body texture, I prefer mounts like those from Psijic Crates. They don't simply have transparent body - they have waves of light moving over their bodies. It is very satisfying to watch, reminds me of lava lamps.

URKVz7m.jpg

Gloam Wolf, for example, has simple transparent body - so for me, it only looks good at night (thanks to his subtle purple glow):

WpMHKvm.jpg

How he looks during the day :'(

Vr2O5yt.jpg

I made this picture back when this wolf was released:

btCxEOk.jpg

You can see how white wolf has thick parts of white light over his body, while black wolf is simply transparent :o
    Edited by Fischblut on March 15, 2021 10:40PM
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Sure. It's just a video game.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some
    I like some of them, but I'm not going to like or dislike a mount just because it's transparent, it also depends on how it looks overall.

I bought the ghost deer and the only reason I'm disappointed by that is shortly afterwards a ghost indrik was available in-game which is almost identical. If I'd known that was coming I'd have saved my money. But I still use both, it just feels a bit redundant now.

I like some of the others too, but not enough to pay the cost, deal with gambling mechanics and whatever other barriers ZOS put in the way. The Summerset CE horse doesn't fit any of my characters and I don't like the way it's constantly leaking red whisps. I got the yellow version from a free crate and that's ok, but I wouldn't have paid for it. I'd probably have gotten the gloam wolf if it didn't involve buying huge numbers of crates to get the gems.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fischblut wrote: »
    mBITWkz.png

I don't like this, but it looks hilarious and makes me giggle :D

As for their body texture, I prefer mounts like those from Psijic Crates. They don't simply have transparent body - they have waves of light moving over their bodies. It is very satisfying to watch, reminds me of lava lamps.

URKVz7m.jpg

Gloam Wolf, for example, has simple transparent body - so for me, it only looks good at night (thanks to his subtle purple glow):

WpMHKvm.jpg

How he looks during the day :'(

Vr2O5yt.jpg

I made this picture back when this wolf was released:

btCxEOk.jpg

You can see how white wolf has thick parts of white light over his body, while black wolf is simply transparent :o

Oh, nice comparison pictures, and congrats on the polar wolf! Omg, the skirt. 🤣

As someone that has the Gloam wolf I have to say that you're absolutely right (and I agree about your overall assessment of transparent mounts). I love Nocturnal themed things, purple, and wolves, so naturally I got him! But he seems incomplete. :( Poor guy.

I have the Meridian wolf, too, which is just a more complete package. It has the swirls of light you noted, and despite being transparent there's a layer of glister on it that reacts to light in the environment. It's VERY well done.

And uh, the glow it emits doesn't sometimes bug out and disappear like the Gloam wolf's does. That's a sidebar issue but I've been sending in tickets about that from day one and they still haven't fixed it.
  • winterscrolls229prerb18_ESO
    Some
    Experience says that any cosmetic needs to match your character more than anything else.

More the question does the mount suit your character.
  • Aptonoth
    Aptonoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes we need more ghostly mounts its kind of shocking the only ghost mount is an elk. You would have thought a transparent spirit crate for Halloween would have been a shoe in.
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aptonoth wrote: »
    Yes we need more ghostly mounts its kind of shocking the only ghost mount is an elk. You would have thought a transparent spirit crate for Halloween would have been a shoe in.

There WAS a horse, but it was available for a mere blink.
  • B0SSzombie
    B0SSzombie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some
    I like the ones that look spectral/ghostly to begin with. Like the Psijic Mounts and their Radiant equivalents.

It looks off when you have a Transparent version of a Mount that isn't designed transparent initially. The Dragonscale Mounts being the biggest example. I think the normal Apex Mounts from those crates look great, but the Radiants look mediocre. They look like limited edition Funko Pops or something.
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    I do not like them. How can one even ride on something that is not really manifest at all?
  • khaoticfury
    khaoticfury
    ✭✭
    Yes
    the reason i like them, is i always struggle with the idea of pulling an entire mount of my pocket. Just seems more realistic and logical to "summon" a mystical mount than to poof a fully armored warhorse into existence.
  • Nirntrotter
    Nirntrotter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I dislike disco mounts in general, but everything that looks like a floating saddle is especially ridiculous for me.
    Grand Warlord Arodel, Gryphon Heart
    <Serenity>
    AD MagDK, *2014, PC-EU | 49k+ achievement points
  • Kiyakotari
    Kiyakotari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some
    Lugaldu wrote: »
    I do not like them. How can one even ride on something that is not really manifest at all?

Well, I mean, we also regularly fight spirits in this game. By that logic we should just be spending our questing time sitting around having tea and crumpets and chatting with our new buddies, Mirri and Bastion, ignoring those annoying but insubstantial ghosts making noise down in the mine with us, before heading back to those skittish villagers and collecting our duly-earned gold.
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kiyakotari wrote: »
    Lugaldu wrote: »

Well, I mean, we also regularly fight spirits in this game. By that logic we should just be spending our questing time sitting around having tea and crumpets and chatting with our new buddies, Mirri and Bastion, ignoring those annoying but insubstantial ghosts making noise down in the mine with us, before heading back to those skittish villagers and collecting our duly-earned gold.

I have so many questions about some of the really dark implications about the spirit world in this game.

Killing ghosts, for one thing. Let's assume our weapons are enchanted and we're deconstituting spirits. Weird that there's a lootable corpse but that's a sidebar issue. Are we just going around destroying souls willynilly? Are all those ghost bandits and what-have-you we encounter just gone forever when we're done with them? That's messed up, man.

Speaking of messed up, soul gems. We're trapping souls and using them to fuel our weapons and resurrect ourselves. You know how many soul gems I have? Thousands. Every player toon in this game is a dark necromancer to surpass any NPC villain. We are all monsters, history's greatest monsters! Why are we the protagonists?!

Catch me derailing my own thread with Ghost Thoughts.
  • Moonsprite
    Moonsprite
    ✭✭✭
    Some
    I like the Psijic ones. I also the ghost elk.
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Some
    It depends on how glowy they are. If they are really glowy like the Psijic apexes, I think they're nice. I do not like the ghost mounts that are just white and transparent, and the gloam stuff only looks good at night.
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Not at all. Edit: To be fair, I don't even like glowy or flashy mounts. The only mount I use with effects of any kind is the frostbane horse (Not to be confused with the one made of ice).
    Edited by Nord_Raseri on May 1, 2021 9:11PM
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes, love them. They are quite unique.
  • Starlight_Whisper
    Starlight_Whisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Ghost Indrink