The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

CLOSED THREAD

• martinhpb16_ESO
    martinhpb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm very disappointed to see the range gank play-style being nerfed in this way.

Cyrodil is riddled with a small clique of copycat builds as it is and this just takes another element of variation out of pvp

I have been playing this style since beta and to be honest its driving me from the game
    Edited by martinhpb16_ESO on May 17, 2021 8:33AM
    At least the spelling is difficult for you.
    Hew's Bane*
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snipe cast time is ridiculous and half the time I'm lagged out and just running around in full draw that I can't get out of. Now the stun will be permanently gone? They keep reducing the nightblade toolkit and its frustrating.
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • HowellQagan
    HowellQagan
    ✭✭✭
    @blktauna and everyone else: this is still a bug report thread. Try giving feedback in the PTS section since that's where the changes are live.
    That annoying dude on PC-EU.
  • martinhpb16_ESO
    martinhpb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    blktauna wrote: »
    Snipe cast time is ridiculous and half the time I'm lagged out and just running around in full draw that I can't get out of. Now the stun will be permanently gone? They keep reducing the nightblade toolkit and its frustrating.

This was a total stealth nerf - funny how a bug manifests and part of the 'fix' was to nerf the mechanic on ranged only
    Hew's Bane*
  • HowellQagan
    HowellQagan
    ✭✭✭

This was a total stealth nerf - funny how a bug manifests and part of the 'fix' was to nerf the mechanic on ranged only

@martinhpb16_ESO How is it a stealth nerf if it's in the patch notes? The change is only out on PTS, the live game version still doesn't have the bug fixed where both stun and stealth bonus damage was disabled (about which this thread was made). Go and check PTS v7.0.0 patch notes.

@ZOS_Adrikoth Please lock this thread, since the bug is being fixed with Blackwood and this isn't a feedback thread. Thank you.
  • martinhpb16_ESO
    martinhpb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@martinhpb16_ESO How is it a stealth nerf if it's in the patch notes? The change is only out on PTS, the live game version still doesn't have the bug fixed where both stun and stealth bonus damage was disabled (about which this thread was made). Go and check PTS v7.0.0 patch notes.

@howellqagan Because on live, ranged stun from stealth has gone. Stun from stealth was bugged. It was fixed and nerf on stun from ranged was a new thing.

**Fixed an issue where the guaranteed Critical Strike and bonus damage from attacks made while hidden in crouch would fail on many attacks. It will now properly grant a guaranteed Critical Strike on your next Direct Damage attack, deal 46% bonus damage if a Ranged attack (now Magical and Martial, rather than only Martial), 275% bonus damage if a Melee attack (Magical and Martial, rather than only Martial), and Stun the target on Martial or Magical melee attacks.**
    Edited by martinhpb16_ESO on May 24, 2021 5:17PM
    Hew's Bane*
  • HowellQagan
    HowellQagan
    ✭✭✭

@howellqagan Because on live, ranged stun from stealth has gone. Stun from stealth was bugged. It was fixed and nerf on stun from ranged was a new thing.

**Fixed an issue where the guaranteed Critical Strike and bonus damage from attacks made while hidden in crouch would fail on many attacks. It will now properly grant a guaranteed Critical Strike on your next Direct Damage attack, deal 46% bonus damage if a Ranged attack (now Magical and Martial, rather than only Martial), 275% bonus damage if a Melee attack (Magical and Martial, rather than only Martial), and Stun the target on Martial or Magical melee attacks.**

Go re-read what you replied to.
  • Vanionator
    Vanionator
    ✭✭
    It's too bad that an entire build has been affected by this change. There are alternatives, but I won't post them in case they get nerfed.
  • Ringod123
    Ringod123
    ✭✭✭
    Vanionator wrote: »
    It's too bad that an entire build has been affected by this change. There are alternatives, but I won't post them in case they get nerfed.

You think thats bad? wait until you realise EVERY SINGLE ranged ability has had its range halfed while the tool tips remain the same, either a very badly done ninja-nerf or a huge bug that should easily have been caught before this tragedy went live.
  • HowellQagan
    HowellQagan
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Adrikoth @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Please lock thread, fixed in Blackwood patch.
  • ZOS_Volpe
    ZOS_Volpe
    admin
    Greetings,

We're going to go ahead and close this thread as per the request of the OP.

Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.