The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Blue Bonus cards in Crown Crates..

burleighboy
burleighboy
✭✭
Can some one please explain to me how an extra card that’s the same colour as 99% of the cards you get can be classified as a bonus?
In the 30 Dwarven Crates I got 7 bonus cards..5 of which were blue.and 2 were duplicates,not to mention the 14 Bal Foyen Nix Hound cards I kept getting..the gold cards were a Banner and a Dwarven Camel..I cashed in the banner but couldn’t cash in the Camel...this is pretty much the standard outcome for me when it comes to cracking open crates.
Also wondering if the fact that I was gifted the crates makes a difference to the RNG?
Luckily I’ve got some great Guildies who are more than happy to send me crates for gold at a reasonable price,but have never gotten a Radient Apex mount in the last year and a half..the only ones I have are the ones I bought from the crown store
My usual mind set is to open the crates,cash in the crap and use the 💎’s to purchase the items I want..if I need more 💎 ‘s I just buy more crates..not in the hope of scoring a sweet ride,just the resignation that it’s the only way I’ll get what I want.
On a brighter note the fact that I can use in-game gold to buy them is definately a bonus..the thought that if I’d spent 100 hard earned Aussie dollars on the 30 crates is too horrible to even contemplate. 😨😨😨
  • rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In this type of gambling, House gets to roll the dice out of sight of player and then tell what the result was. Mobile F2P games do not use fair rng but instead optimize lootbox drops by player spending profile for max profit. Dunno what ESO does but they certainly don't publish the odds. Edit: They do publish the odds for general reward groups but odds are not same for items in same group and not always fixed for each roll.

r3ye2Dh.png
    (2021 Feb)
    Edited by rpa on February 28, 2021 7:41AM
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You can see the drop chance % of items ingame, by going to the Help menu, then Crown Store, and Crown Crates. The site https://www.crowncrates.com/ also gives useful information about which items can drop in which slot.

So for example, if you already got a Bonus card, you can kiss your Radiant Apex chance goodbye, because it can't drop from any of the normal cards. (And bonus cards drop anything Epic and Above, so even when you do get a bonus card, the odds of getting RA are almost non-existent.) In my 4 years of Crates (bought 15 or more every season), I haven't seen a single RA, so you not getting any after a year-and a half is just the same RNG. You shouldn't buy Crates hoping for a targeted Radiant imo.

That said, what you describe should be impossible - blue bonus cards? Clearly not intended. If you have any proof (like a screenshot, or a video) submit it so ZOS because bonus cards aren't supposed to drop Blues.
  • Moonsorrow
    Moonsorrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The extra cards "quality" is just random, but weighted heavily so you of course get the lower tier cards a lot, since there also are more of the low tier stuff at the loot pool, and the legendary/apex tier cards are rare drops like Aetherial Dust from resource nodes, sometimes can find 2 in same day, sometimes can go a year or 2 without finding any.

Did just win a small guild event and got 4 x Dwarven Crates as a reward..

out of the 4 crates, 3 of them had a bonus card, 3 times Apex mount from that card, two times it was the same so did get a load of gems instead. Kind of decent luck to pull 2 new Apex mounts from 4 crates and extra gems from the duplicate mount.

Yes, i am blessed by the Daedric Princes of rng. <3
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    GloomSpore Crown Crates Simulator

Flame Atronach Crown Crates Simulator

I made these for fun and also to see how many time do I have to click to get what I want...

If you want the a specific Radiant Apex then you gonna have to get some Tylenol when arthritis kicks in ;)
    Edited by WiseSky on February 28, 2021 7:41AM
    Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons
  • burleighboy
    burleighboy
    ✭✭
    Yep definately blue bonus cards..when the animation pops up for the bonus card it flashes blue around the edges..the joy of receiving a bonus card is replaced by an audible groan when you realise what colour it is😯😯😯
  • burleighboy
    burleighboy
    ✭✭
    Wisesky..ran both the simulators 15 times each..got one gold bonus card which was with the Flame crates..no bonus cards with the gloomspore..got 3 gold cards all up..momento,scroll and bannner..all in all pretty accurate when it comes to crates for me😁😁😁
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yep definately blue bonus cards..when the animation pops up for the bonus card it flashes blue around the edges..the joy of receiving a bonus card is replaced by an audible groan when you realise what colour it is😯😯😯
    That's not intended behavior, so are you really sure? Do you have a screenshot or a video? You should contact ZOS if your bonus cards rolled blues. Or, perhaps you saw wrongly - because based on Dwarven Crate loot data, exactly 0 people got blue bonus cards. https://www.crowncrates.com/dwarven Of course, perhaps ZOS recently changed the drop mechanics, but it's unlikely nobody would have noticed before.
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can some one please explain to me how an extra card that’s the same colour as 99% of the cards you get can be classified as a bonus?

The only reason I can think of is that Dwarven Crates, same as Reaper's Harvest crates, do not beheve as later crate seasons - due to their reward tiers. There is no real Radiant Apex reward tier, and "Radiants" can drop even from ordinary 4th card. So even though proper crate seasons teach us that Blue reward tier is not good enough to drop as Bonus card, in oldest seasons it might be possible :/

Starting from Flame Atronach crates, Radiant Apex became proper reward tier. Radiants can never drop from non-bonus card, and thus Bonus cards are always Epic reward tier or higher.
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fun fact - the Dwarven Gamble Crate season is infamous for rigged odds in favor of receiving a gigantic number of nix hounds. And you can see proof of that on the site someone already wisely linked to. They had something like a 25% chance of showing up from blue cards.

Stuff like this is why odds disclosure - FULL odds disclosure, not the sort of odds disclosure we're provided - is important.

One other trend you'll notice from other scam crate seasons is that odds are stacked in favor of experience scrolls over more permanent items in their respective categories by about a factor of 4x-5x.
  • Radiance
    Radiance
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just exchange Trash for Gems from Ouroboros Crates from Twitch Stream Drops and use them to buy the select few things you actually want and stop buying crown crates.
  • Gracous
    Gracous
    ✭✭✭
  • Czeri
    Czeri
    ✭✭✭✭
    The drop rates must have been lowered. I had 15 crates where not a single reward above purple dropped. That has never happened to me before. It's like the 3 top reward-tiers didn't exist...
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Czeri wrote: »
    The drop rates must have been lowered. I had 15 crates where not a single reward above purple dropped. That has never happened to me before. It's like the 3 top reward-tiers didn't exist...

Possible, but unlikely.

However, this does bring up a larger problem with unregulated gambling. When gambling is unregulated, the house can manipulate the odds as much as it wants. Gambling in video games is especially dangerous because the technology exists to target specific individuals and manipulate the RNG of that individual to exploit them. With no regulatory oversight, we as customers have no way of knowing if these kinds of things are happening and no protections against it. I don't think ZoS is guilty of any of this, but really, we have no idea one way or another.

For a relatively recent (2019) academic review of some of these technologies and patents, see here. It's kind of a harrowing read, mind.
  • burleighboy
    burleighboy
    ✭✭
    Gracous wrote: »
    Gracous wrote: »

😳😳😳😳😳😳😳