The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Things I learned this week on ESO (II)

LostHorizon1933
LostHorizon1933
✭✭✭✭✭
This one's a bit more interactive. Treat it like a quest! Complete the objectives to win a broken stick (TM).

The theme for this week is: BALLS.

1. EVERYONE'S GOT EM

I took a break from ESO for about a year, and when I came back, everyone is being followed around by a ball. This is not that skill with the ball where it asks you to trigger combustion or flammination or something. This seems to be a pet ball, like a glowing space ball or something. What is it?

2. EVEN THE BAD GUYS GOT EM

So if you fight a Harvester, at somepoint, it will have three balls, er, launch three balls, er, somehow cause three slow moving balls to appear. These track you like a telemarketer and apparently make you ... scream? Crap yourself? No idea. Blocking doesn't work, shooting them is a waste of time. What is it? (Bonus points: what's the best counter, other than roll around, or kill the harvester quickly?)

3. SOME PEOPLE GOT A BUNCH

So, sometimes I see people in the crafting area, and they look like a holiday decoration. When I read the description for one of the sorceror skills, I was like, ok, this is, it surrounds you in spheres. NOPE, that wasn't it, not even on the morph. SO: What is it? How are these folks turning themselves into Space Lawrence Welk?

4. OFF TOPIC TOPIC

My frustration in fighting through Coldharbour was the Donuts of Death.

You know. You're fighting Daedra, and one makes a funny hand gesture, and suddenly you lose health periodically at it goes GRONK - GRONK - GRONK - GRONK, like a Rottweiler chewing on a mailman.

Again, like Ball Type #2 above: You can't block it. You can't dodge it. Apparently the only solution is to run across the room and bop them before they cast it. Some problems there:

They cast this at about the same speed your Uncle casts 'Poot'.

If you are about to bop them, chances are one of the other lummoxes is going to get in the way at the last minute, particulary the one with the world's most pathetic lightning attack. You know, where they teleport right in front and explode into fairly pathetic damage. I like to think they learned that spell out of the Coldharbour version of Reader's Digest.

So, what's that called? And what's a better counter?

5. OFF OFF TOPIC TOPIC TOPIC

Someone will probably ask, but I'm a mag templar (so I can de-gronk myself) and a mag sorceror.
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thank you for the laughs! :D

1)
    I took a break from ESO for about a year, and when I came back, everyone is being followed around by a ball.

There is only one glowing ball which is also a pet - this year's event reward pet Unstable Morpholith.

2)
    So if you fight a Harvester, at somepoint, it will have three balls, er, launch three balls, er, somehow cause three slow moving balls to appear. These track you like a telemarketer and apparently make you ... scream? Crap yourself? No idea.

I'm not entirely sure what happens when you stand in a way of Harvester's "ball" cause I never did that (or didn't notice it), but if they reach the Harvester, they heal her up. Before all those orbs come out, Harvester grabs your character - that attack is when your character screams :smiley:
    Blocking doesn't work, shooting them is a waste of time. What is it? (Bonus points: what's the best counter, other than roll around, or kill the harvester quickly?)

Just do damage to her. Kill those orbs when they appear, so that they don't reach her (or she will heal back up). There is other attack when she sends few damaging circles from the ground in front of her. You can interrupt that attack, or sidestep. These circles make your character stagger if you stand in their way.

3)
    So, sometimes I see people in the crafting area, and they look like a holiday decoration.

That is any combination of these sets: Ebon Armory, Worm's Raiment, Hircine's Veneer.

4)
    Donuts of Death

The only thing which comes to my mind is... Agony, old skill of nightblade players :) It was removed from players, but it was never removed from NPCs.

There is no counter except for already being CC immune - the beauty of this skill when we could use it too :) If you can't interrupt NPC who is casting it, your only option is to break free. You can cleanse the chewing dot as well, as you already mentioned.
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Fischblut wrote: »
    3)
    So, sometimes I see people in the crafting area, and they look like a holiday decoration.

That is any combination of these sets: Ebon Armory, Worm's Raiment, Hircine's Veneer.

And Sanctuary
  • LostHorizon1933
    LostHorizon1933
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Fischblut thanks for taking the time to answer, you've won the quest!

Here's your broken stick:

/ \

Sorry it's only ASCII art at the moment. (It was good enough for us back in the Usenet days.)

Guess they missed the chance to name set #4 Molag's Balls.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Fischblut thanks for taking the time to answer, you've won the quest!

Here's your broken stick:

/ \

Sorry it's only ASCII art at the moment. (It was good enough for us back in the Usenet days.)

Guess they missed the chance to name set #4 Molag's Balls.

Okay, you just won the intarwebs! *laughing hysterically, OUT LOUD - and now have to explain why to husband who neither plays computer games, or even knows how to turn on my machines*
    Edited by Sylvermynx on February 28, 2021 12:08AM
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @LostHorizon1933

Thank you :D
    I was not sure if you intended the post just for laughs, or if you needed true answers as well :smiley: I enjoyed reading the original post with all those awesome descriptions; I think fighting Harvesters and NPC nightblades will never be the same again :D
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As for the holiday decorations :smiley: the sets are:
    Ebon Armory
    Ebony-Armory-Set-Picture.jpg
    Worm's Raiment
    Worm-Cult-Old-Light-Glow-Robe.jpg
    Hircine's Veneer/Sanctuary
    UTYUp6G.jpg
    What happened when you wear two sets at once
    i2L7aqP.jpg
    Additionally, when you wear two sets and zone into a new instance, the orbs can sync up for a purple/teal strobing effect, as pictured here: https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/6yh1n4/does_anyone_know_what_these_orbs_and_glow_are/
    Edited by VaranisArano on February 28, 2021 12:07AM
  • LostHorizon1933
    LostHorizon1933
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @VaranisArano that solves another mystery. I'd see blue ones [bravely skipping my chance to use the word 'balls' here for comedic effect], then later red/green, and would watch these people for the lights to change color ... but they never did. Now it makes sense!
  • doomette
    doomette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now I have that AC/DC song stuck in my head 😆
  • LostHorizon1933
    LostHorizon1933
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Fischblut Yeah, I really wanted answers. These are things I think of while I'm playing the game. About noon, I realized I had a ball trifecta in play, so decided to give a quest. (Another recent thread provided the reward.)

Next week: play for the prestigious Marvel No-Prize.
  • fredthefrown
    fredthefrown
    ✭✭✭
    Donuts of death lol

Great thread