The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Do you like more micromanagement with CP 2.0?

• remosito
    remosito
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, I like to spend my play time with more gameplay and less micromanagement
    remosito wrote: »
    RogueShark wrote: »
    RogueShark wrote: »
    This is actually the only part of the new CP system I'm not a huge fan of. I wish, mostly/especially with the green tree, that there were more things set passively rather than needing to be slotted. God help me the day I forget to slot meticulous disassembly or whatever and go on a huge survey refining + decon spree with my fishing crap slotted on accident. xD

On the, "bright," side... meticulous disassembly currently does nothing if you already have extraction maxed out. (It appears to add a hidden +1 to the refinement/decon passives, but if you already have 3/3 extraction it does nothing.

Well now I'm just sad. :(

be happy. it was fixed in 6.3.4 and niw gives an rstimated 12.5% boost to temper drop rate from refinement.

I was testing this on 6.3.4. Prior to that, having it equipped would prevent you from receiving any upgrade materials. So, "fixed," in the sense that it technically works. But all it seems to do is apply a hidden +1 to your extraction passives, with the passives still capping at +3.

incorrect.

has been tested on latest patch with 800k mats. and i works and est. increase is 12.5%

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/562770/meticulous-disassembly-still-broken-in-6-3-4-for-jc-other-craft-not-tested#latest
    Edited by remosito on February 26, 2021 11:34AM
    ShutYerTrap (selectively mute NPC dialogues (stuga, companions); displayleads (antiquity leads location); UndauntedPledgeQueuer (small daily undaunted dungeon queuer window)
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I hate micro-managing. Not my style at all. Thankfully there are add-on coders — I hoping they’ll come up with add-ons that make this new system easier. I feel bad for the folks using platforms with no add-ons.
  • Sahidom
    Sahidom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sahidom wrote: »
    The "micromanagement" is deceptive wording. There are several useful stars with limited active slots; Sure you could get into micro managed state to *** active slots every detail of your gameplay.

ESO is a graphical combat system with mini games under the umbrella of the entire game. The CP 2.0 system does offer several options to enhance your primary gameplay with the character.

It's a system where you can't always have your icing on your cake i.e. limiting being able to deal great damage, soak damage and heal awesome. The want to do all the above under the phase let's not micromanage our CPS resists the want to adapt into the CP 2.0 system. I anticipate those who allocate to their primary gameplay won't notice this micromanagement terminology, as a hindrance.

you havent much looked at the green tree i venture.

I have looked at the Green tree. At first the crafting nodes costed a lot, yet they adjusted them. It's the mini-game tree for all the non-combat activities. It buffs the Thieves, Assassins guilds as well as the crafting side of the game. Stars to assist material farmers... ZOS listened to the people's request to have RP and non-combat stars. What's the primary purpose of the character? That's the question ZOS presented to everyone. It's a reasonable one.
  • JanTanhide
    JanTanhide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I like to spend my play time with more micromanagement and less gameplay
    I really like the new CP system. Sure, it's going to take some time to figure out completely and go through my 30 plus characters setting up but that's fine with me.

It has a lot to offer to build a character to a very specific role. I've already spent a good amount of time on the PTS with the new CP system so it won't be that tough to get it all done when it goes Live.

Like the changes!
  • BalticBlues
    BalticBlues
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The "micromanagement" is deceptive wording. [...]
    It's a system where you can't always have your icing on your cake.
    The CP 2.0 MICROMANAGEMENT issue for the GREEN TREE is REAL.
    This is why I started the poll with a QUOTE from a tester.
    This is why the wording of the poll is PRECISE.

People who want to achieve the SAME crafting results with CP 2.0 as with CP 1.0
    have to change their active green stars SEVERAL TIMES PER DAY
    sometimes even SEVERAL TIMES PER HOUR.

This is why players of CP 2.0 currently MUST DECIDE if they
    EITHER are happy with A LOT OF MICROMANAGEMENT and therefore LESS GAMEPLAY time
    OR have to SACRIFICE CRAFTING RESULTS to KEEP GAMEPLAY time.

I personally would prefer MORE GREEN PASSIVES so that
    ACTIVES ONLY should affect MISSIONS (fighting, harvesting, questing etc.)
    not pure crafting decisions back at the crafting TABLES.

Players already are spending much time at the crafting tables. Enough is enough. Compromise:
    Players should not need to think about changing CPs every time they come back to the tables.
    Players should only have to think about changing CPs depending on their next mission.

This way players would need to adjust GREEN CPs ONLY when their MISSION CHANGES.
    This way GREEN actives would be like BLUE AND RED actives which also define ROLES (MISSIONS).
    Agreed?

Edited by BalticBlues on February 26, 2021 3:13PM
  • Scardan
    Scardan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scardan wrote: »
    I can so easily adapt my gameplay around it
    [...]If I miss out on some things, c'est la vie.
    This sounds like you must be incredibly rich (or ignorant, sorry).
    However, most Average Joes are not.

Example: There is an active for refining. Refining is giving you gold materials.
    For most people getting these gold materials is essential for their gameplay.
    However, how often do you refine? Once per week, fortnight or month?

Answer: You refine so rarely, you certainly do not pick this active for regular gameplay.
    Result: This active is not any adding any meaningful gameplay option. It is just adding another layer of micromanagement where you must not forget to activate this active once per week/fortnight/month, or you will bite into your chair when you do.

Nope, he must not. This passive works well for somebody who does it very often in large quantities, he will full profit from it. Somebody who refines mats 1 time in month will not see a difference. It is not worth to micromanage for him. Calculate the chances, you will see it too.

frequency does nit matter at all. quantity alone matters.

I refine every 3 month or so. 50-100k+ mats.

with 100k difference is 62.5 gold tempers. A few 100k gold...

Both matters.
    Let's be extremely precise in our use of terms.
  • renne
    renne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kurat wrote: »
    The "micromanagement" is deceptive wording. There are several useful stars with limited active slots; Sure you could get into micro managed state to *** active slots every detail of your gameplay.

ESO is a graphical combat system with mini games under the umbrella of the entire game. The CP 2.0 system does offer several options to enhance your primary gameplay with the character.

It's a system where you can't always have your icing on your cake i.e. limiting being able to deal great damage, soak damage and heal awesome. The want to do all the above under the phase let's not micromanage our CPS resists the want to adapt into the CP 2.0 system. I anticipate those who allocate to their primary gameplay won't notice this micromanagement terminology, as a hindrance.

https://github.com/CyberOnEso/JackOfAllTrades

Green tree is no longer a problem.

Cool. How do we use this on console?
  • BalticBlues
    BalticBlues
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    renne wrote: »
    Cool. How do we use this on console?
    Exactly. It is the same old story, again and again:

ZOS creates an initial bad design.
    PC community fixes bad design by addon.
    Console players stay with bad design.

I almost wish there was a green CP active to access the Clown Store.
    Then this green micromanagement design could be fixed soon.
    ZOS, please DO NOT RELEASE the green CP micromanagement HELL on CONSOLES.

Edited by BalticBlues on February 27, 2021 11:13AM
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I like to spend my play time with more micromanagement and less gameplay
    Just give me 3 slots to fill out my CP load outs with and I'll be good.
    PvP needs more love.
  • honey_badger82
    honey_badger82
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think it would be far less micro managing with the 2.0 system if we could at least slot 5 stars which still forces you to choose. Even 6 would make for considerable restriction, especially if they expand the system as they stated they would. It seems like they put 4 down because the current cp system has 4 passives you can activate when spending enough points in each constellation... but that was in 9 constellation making a max total passives you could have 30 (120, 75, 75 per color). Now we get 12 (only 8 really related to combat) and no way to have easy preset on console. With our active class, weapon and other abilities we get 6 to slot and 6 more on 2nd bar we can swap freely, even in combat.

Really tanks have it the worst, if you want/ need the extra health and armor then you have to pick which of the 3 damage reduction passives you want to ignore as well as several other really great to have as a tank slotable stars. Since everyone will now take increased damage it's a hard pass to give up those mitigations for other slotables. Now do solo content with your tank and you will have to swap out most of your stars so you can do more damage. And if want to be any sort of hybrid... not with this cp system. You are either a tank, a healer or dps or just plain gimped for anything in between.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really tanks have it the worst, if you want/ need the extra health and armor then you have to pick which of the 3 damage reduction passives you want to ignore...

Health and Armor are red. Damage mitigation stars are blue. Yeah, tough choice there.
  • Kittytravel
    Kittytravel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The changes to combat active CP allowing only certain ones to be active at a time are certainly welcome and can further create counters in the meta rather than having an all-sweeping combat improvement by having capped CP.

But the for-fun ones are just simply a dud. Is it really that calculation heavy to give someone higher profit margins on stolen items or better value items in chests? While certainly the sneaking one can be easily moved out of the Craft tree I'd say the slottables should really just be restricted to combat since that is most certainly where the heavy calculation issues exist at.

Otherwise people will be swapping their CP with addons to maximize the effects and we'll be left with heavier server load anyways as someone changes their craft CP slots every 30 seconds as they loot chests, safeboxes, sneak, thief, kill, craft, gather, etc.
  • honey_badger82
    honey_badger82
    ✭✭✭✭
    Really tanks have it the worst, if you want/ need the extra health and armor then you have to pick which of the 3 damage reduction passives you want to ignore...

Health and Armor are red. Damage mitigation stars are blue. Yeah, tough choice there.

Yes your right, I did not have my laptop right there in front of me however my point still stands. As a tank in red tree I need the health and for sure the armor. That leaves 2 spots or does it? I use damage shields to help stay alive so there is one more slot pretty guaranteed to be taken. That leaves 1 spot to play with, do I want more recovery in all 3 resources? less damage when immune to CC? health restore while building ultimate to drop war horn? a free roll dodge (since it now costs more in heavy armor)? a free breakfree? All great things to slot for a tank.
    Now blue tree... 3 stars for the 3 different damage resistances and 1 star for armor with shield or frost staff equipped. And now there is no more slots left. But wait I could really use the extra stamina, after all I use it to block, roll dodge, breakfree, cast taunts and other skills and run... which also cost more now for us tanks. Meanwhile there are easily several more blue slotable stars that are good for a tank and almost no choice to pick them because 75% of my slots are for damage mitigation and one for more armor that I really, really need since they nerfed heavys armor passive.
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thinking about this issue some more. Maybe ZOS should change the green CP side completely to passives only, and only allow the red/blue CP sides to contain actives. This would have us switching 8 actives in total as well, so at a core a much simpler system as well.

This is my one major issue with the new CP system, and I hope ZOS fixes it before it goes live.
    Edited by Sarannah on March 4, 2021 10:52PM
  • StamPlar_1976
    StamPlar_1976
    ✭✭✭✭

Aaaaannnd......what about us on consoles?
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Aaaaannnd......what about us on consoles?

You guys get the short end of the stick, unfortunately.

Yes your right, I did not have my laptop right there in front of me however my point still stands. As a tank in red tree I need the health and for sure the armor. That leaves 2 spots or does it? I use damage shields to help stay alive so there is one more slot pretty guaranteed to be taken. That leaves 1 spot to play with, do I want more recovery in all 3 resources? less damage when immune to CC? health restore while building ultimate to drop war horn? a free roll dodge (since it now costs more in heavy armor)? a free breakfree? All great things to slot for a tank.
    Now blue tree... 3 stars for the 3 different damage resistances and 1 star for armor with shield or frost staff equipped. And now there is no more slots left. But wait I could really use the extra stamina, after all I use it to block, roll dodge, breakfree, cast taunts and other skills and run... which also cost more now for us tanks. Meanwhile there are easily several more blue slotable stars that are good for a tank and almost no choice to pick them because 75% of my slots are for damage mitigation and one for more armor that I really, really need since they nerfed heavys armor passive.

You take the health if your health is low, you don't take it if you're already comfortably above 35 unless you want it. You take the armor if your squishy, but if you're hitting cap without it, you don't take it. You take the recovery stats if that looks like something you want... but, you might not.

Hitting mitigation cap on your armor stat is still pretty easy.

For bonuses while CC immune? That's more of a PvP thing. If you get CCed in PvE as the tank in endgame vet content, you're probably dead. So having increased movement while you're floor tanking, and the group is wiping is a lot less appealing.

The thing about this patch is that tanks and DPS are now a lot closer together in durability. But, as the tank, you're still going to want to chase block mitigation early. That's useful.

Now, the red tree turns downright toxic when you put it in a PvP context. If someone CCs you, you can now hulk out to a horrifying degree. I get that they're encouraging a risk reward to CCing a player, but if you're looking at stars that grant you automatic breakfree, and other bonuses, for your PvE tanking setup, you're not supposed to run that.
  • Random_Zombie
    Random_Zombie
    ✭✭✭
    This green tree is an absolute nightmare. How is swapping a bunch of slottable passives out constantly any fun for anyone? Is that really more immersive than just have them always active? I am not understanding the appeal at all. I mean, is anyone seriously just going to commit to 4 slottables and just let that be your 'build'? There's no RP involved here. You literally just burn all your cp into the ones you're going to use then swap them out every time you switch content... Who thought this was a good idea?
  • Sahidom
    Sahidom
    ✭✭✭✭
    OP and others. I eat my own words. The green tree is a problematic. I was wrong and didn't realize how much I have to switch active stars on my characters.
  • deleted221106-002999
    deleted221106-002999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No to micromanagement.

The gui is awkward and clumsy requiring multiple operations in order to swap stars around and it's not exactly the clearest interface to use either. They've obviously gone with a visual concept which results in poor, unclear stylistics over usability.

Then there's the cool-down, introduced to save the servers from players attempting to avoid the badly designed interface and play as they had without penalty just before the update dropped.

Perhaps we should consider using the F1 in-game bug reporter to register how awful this is; maybe with enough volume they'll.......probably just do something worse. :(

• Ascarl
    Ascarl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OTHER: I don t care about micromangement and still fell fine.

BTW i hate biased polls.
  • Hurbster
    Hurbster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't think too much was thought was placed into how the green tree works.
    So they raised the floor and lowered the ceiling. Except the ceiling has spikes in it now and the floor is also lava.