Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Should Globin be playble race in ESO ?

• Alvar
    Alvar
    ✭✭✭
    No
    If a hemoglobin race is allowed, the PVP'ers will demand an anemia/anemic race for 'balance'.

Zos won't be able to 'balance' it properly, causing the PVE'ers to complain that PVP once again destroyed PVE.

ESO spirals further out of control.

Stop the madness.
    You can't sprint and use abilities at the same time.
  • ectoplasmicninja
    ectoplasmicninja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes, but not haemoglobin. Myoglobin is the superior protein, change my mind.
    PC NA, CP2200+. Character creation is the true endgame.
  • DreamsUnderStars
    DreamsUnderStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aptonoth wrote: »
    ES has lots of races it could make playable. I want to see Maoromer, Snow Elves not the falmer oens from Skyrim but the actual elves, reach men, half giants, naga argonian, dremora, and goblins should all be playable. I'm kind of bored with the current selection.

The snow elves are gone already, impossible. Maoromer are quite literally hateful against all races on Tamriel. Reach Men are essentially wild-nords (And have no reason to do anything not involving The Reach. Half Giants are ultra rare, seeing as Lyris is the only one we see. Naga also hate quite literally everyone. Dremora have literally no reason to assist us. Goblins are also too stupid to comprehend most quest dialogues.

If you're bored with the current selection, I would suggest finding another fantasy game to be a part of. These current races have been the only playable races in ES for 10+ years. That isn't going to change anytime soon.

WoW and FFXIV are just a couple other fantasy universes that consistently add in playable races if you're wanting to explore some options.

You're comments are both incorrect and too final. And telling them to go play something else that adds other races regularly is pretty silly. I'm sure they would be playing them if they wanted to already.

Snow Elves are not "gone" that was proven in Skyrim. They are essentially extinct as a culture and a race, but they aren't gone. Also ESO is in Skyrim's past by a few hundred years. So it is possible that if Zeni wanted to work Snow Elves into the game they could.
    As for the Maormer, as a country they are enemies of everyone else mostly because they are pirates. And again Zeni could work them into a playable race if they wanted to. There's literally nothing stopping them.
    Edited by DreamsUnderStars on February 24, 2021 3:52PM
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Wolfpaw wrote: »
    Chaos2088 wrote: »
    Why not add new races, this is an mmo and expanding on the Elder scrolls universe. Just because the single player games had the same races in three of their games, doesn't mean the franchise is stuck in that model.

They could add a whole ton if they wanted to:

When we get to explore beyond Tamriel would be abit silly to just stick with the 10 races we have.

And where would these races suddenly disappear to? Because they don't appear in the singleplayer games that happens after ESO.

ESO the mmorpg game is not part of the single player rpg game series.

Lore can be made, & adjusted parallel to the single player rpg experience.

"ESO is canon, We work closely with Bethesda to ensure that all lore in ESO is historically accurate and canon-appropriate." - quote from Elder Scrolls Online Official

The full discussion.

Matt Firor
    "So I don't have to tell you guys this, but the lore – maybe some of your readers will know this – but the lore in Elder Scrolls is never definitive, it's always told through the eyes of people that live in the world, which gives developers – not just us, but everyone that works on Elder Scrolls – certain leeway to kind of find what that person meant when they were telling the story."[4]
    One of the most common questions I get about The Elder Scrolls Online is whether its lore is considered canon in [the] broader Elder Scrolls [universe]. [Is it?]

"Yes, it absolutely is. We have one full-time loremaster that does nothing but work with Bethesda Game Studios to make sure that there's a consistent timeline, characters are consistent, naming is consistent. The timeline is [a] super important force to any lore. This is why we picked the time that we did for Elder Scrolls Online all those years ago when we started the project, was we wanted to pick a time where there wasn't a whole lot known about it, so we could at least tell our own stories with our own characters, and we do that. But yeah, when you start to bring in things like the Psijic Order and the history of the Altmer, yes, we're very much tied into the main lore. [...] [We work with Bethesda Game Studios] every day, yeah.[5]

https://elderscrolls.fandom.com/wiki/Canon

New races, like Goblin, would be fun and very profitable.

It's funny to see the naysayers in this thread...enjoy your lore friendly crown store items, I think Dwemer boxes are coming tomorrow.
    Edited by Wolfpaw on February 24, 2021 4:10PM
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    SHOUTED FROM THE RAMPARTS.. YES!!!!!

look goblins are just another kind of ORC (think subrace). Yeah they tried to retcon ORCS to be elves, but that was a Tolkien ripoff. ORCS are goblinken.

I'd love the cannon story to be that a former slave goblin turned out to be the savior of all Tamriel from Molag Bal.

In a worse case, just let me make a bosmer or smaller slightly misshapen ORC.. or sell me a polymorph and be done with it.

I was VERY unhappy when they changed the goblin disguise to prevent me from removing my helmet.

#goblin4life
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No

In a worse case, just let me make a bosmer or smaller slightly misshapen ORC.. or sell me a polymorph and be done with it.

It's getting worse and worse here, now we are also put on the same level as misshapen orcs - as if the comparison between Bosmer and goblins wasn't bad enough...

• SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Globular globins globally transporting oxygen
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • WeerW3ir
    WeerW3ir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this topic is gold :smiley:
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Lugaldu wrote: »

It's getting worse and worse here, now we are also put on the same level as misshapen orcs - as if the comparison between Bosmer and goblins wasn't bad enough...

I know right? Orcs are fine, except certain wood orcs, but being compared to goblins and misshapen orcs? Thrice blasted children of dreck-sifting, root-munching, bread-baking sots is what they are! May their ears be stuffed with whirlifly larvae, and their bow-hand bitten by rabid stoats ...
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Lugaldu wrote: »

I know right? Orcs are fine, except certain wood orcs, but being compared to goblins and misshapen orcs? Thrice blasted children of dreck-sifting, root-munching, bread-baking sots is what they are! May their ears be stuffed with whirlifly larvae, and their bow-hand bitten by rabid stoats ...

Hey now show some Goblin love. They did work with the Altmer, fight side-by-side with Orcs, & create durzog mounts through magic!
  • kamimark
    kamimark
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Races I want added:

- Gobbo
    - Skeleton (as seen in Shadowfen)
    - Ogre
    - Maomer
    - Dremora
    - Reachmen
    - Pahmar-Raht
    - Argonian sub-races

Most of these can wear standard armor. Harpies, Senche-Raht, Alfiq, and Naga are interesting but would be very limited in armor. But maybe that's good, only helmet, chestplate, gauntlets, and jewelry would be a good challenge.

The monster races would have totally different faction than the humanoid races. Humanoids would be yellow or red, but outlaw dens would be fine. They'd be yellow or green with other monsters, and take missions to fight humanoids. Even if there's not a lot of quests written for them, they'd be something different to do.
    Kitty Rainbow Dash. pick, pick, stab.
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    kamimark wrote: »
    Races I want added:

- Gobbo
    - Skeleton (as seen in Shadowfen)
    - Ogre
    - Maomer
    - Dremora
    - Reachmen
    - Pahmar-Raht
    - Argonian sub-races

Most of these can wear standard armor. Harpies, Senche-Raht, Alfiq, and Naga are interesting but would be very limited in armor. But maybe that's good, only helmet, chestplate, gauntlets, and jewelry would be a good challenge.

The monster races would have totally different faction than the humanoid races. Humanoids would be yellow or red, but outlaw dens would be fine. They'd be yellow or green with other monsters, and take missions to fight humanoids. Even if there's not a lot of quests written for them, they'd be something different to do.

A fourth Cyrodiil faction of mercs and outcasts just to disrupt & hunt - no keeps or emp. Yes please.
  • JoeCapricorn
    JoeCapricorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Goblins are so stinky and weird!

Of course I'd want to play as one.
    I simp for vampire lords and Glemyos Wildhorn
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, but not haemoglobin. Myoglobin is the superior protein, change my mind.

I would, but this is a family friendly forum.

And I still want to play a sload in "atronach" armor so that it can have a proper humanoid shape
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis