Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Should Globin be playble race in ESO ?

lelink88
lelink88
✭✭✭
I've read some lore about globin and I feel quite interesting about this race. They have civilization, not advance, but good enought to learn magic, they have tribal with shaman, warrior like other race. They not really hostile race, as we can see in Fungal grotol I, player even can mae alliance with them. They have a purpose on thier life is to find a homeland for thier poor race. I know that we can tranform to globin by doing a quest but I want to roll plating a real 1. What do you folk think about that ?

Should Globin be playble race in ESO ? 259 votes

Yes
20%
daryl.rasmusenb14_ESOSaucy_JackTheForFeeFrynthWolfpawVoidCommanderAdernathQUEZ420kamimarklelink88MettaricanaQuebraRegratebqoterRex-Umbrajad11mumblerpod88kkBreakfinityfizl101DojohodaFischblut 54 votes
No
70%
MaddjujuBlueRavenvailjohn_ESOmilesrodneymcneely2_ESOMojmirBelegnoleDarcyMardinopajAlurriawenchmore420b14_ESOxaraanlolo_01b16_ESOFaulgorGigasaxwakeyjimb16_ESOHaywire30SilafSnowstriderSotha_Silmagnusthorek 182 votes
Not concern
8%
infinouswheresbeszariathomas1970b16_ESOHidesFromSunEasily_LostTommy_The_GunblkjagMaisonNaeviusJobooAGSphantasmalDESO_NightingaleOdovacarkirgeorei91bmnobleWiseSkythe1andonlyskwexArmodenizSianTamzin 23 votes
  • Monte_Cristo
    Monte_Cristo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe a future chapter can add Goblin, Maomer and Dremora as playable races, but each is unavaliable to a particular alliance unless you got the any race any alliance upgrade. Maomer can't be AD, Goblin can't be EP and Dremora can't be DC.
  • Saucy_Jack
    Saucy_Jack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Hemoglobin, specifically.
    ALL HAIL SNUGGLORR THE MAGNIFICENT, KING OF THE RNG AND NIRN'S ONE TRUE GOD! Also, become a Scrub-scriber! SJ Scrubs: Playing games badly to make you feel better about yourself.
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Think about the lore for a moment.

Then think about running a goblin character through all the quests that exist in ESO.

One might as well run an intelligent, talking spider through all the quests. Or perhaps a frost atronach. Maybe a squirrel? It'd make about as much sense.

Would be fun for a mod, but we can't mod this game.
    Edited by Starlock on February 21, 2021 3:52AM
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Saucy_Jack wrote: »

Ack -- beat me to it!!!

That said, I hate goblin characters in general.

Eberron goblins are an exception, but they're nothing like the archetype found in rest of D&D, or in ESO.
  • GreenHere
    GreenHere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    Globins?
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    I would love a new race that isn't a dang elf or human, so yes! I'm all for this.
    Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?
  • bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not concern
    Isn't there an item that makes you look like a goblin in the game. Think it was from one of the Daggerfall starter quests on their starter island.
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    bmnoble wrote: »
    Isn't there an item that makes you look like a goblin in the game. Think it was from one of the Daggerfall starter quests on their starter island.

Shadowsilk Gem disguise from Stonefalls, actually.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • Orion_89
    Orion_89
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Starlock wrote: »

Then think about running a goblin character through all the quests that exist in ESO.

One might as well run an intelligent, talking spider through all the quests. Or perhaps a frost atronach. Maybe a squirrel? It'd make about as much sense.

I think it is possible even to add dremora or other Molag Bal's daedra, but only if the game starts in Coldharbour. How? Just like High Kinlord Rilis (Banished cells II dungeon) got xivilai body. Let's imagine that Mannimarco kills us and traps our soul as he should, but then something goes wrong and we get the daedric body instead of copy of ours.
  • Aptonoth
    Aptonoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    ES has lots of races it could make playable. I want to see Maoromer, Snow Elves not the falmer oens from Skyrim but the actual elves, reach men, half giants, naga argonian, dremora, and goblins should all be playable. I'm kind of bored with the current selection.
  • WhereArtThouVampires
    WhereArtThouVampires
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    Aptonoth wrote: »
    ES has lots of races it could make playable. I want to see Maoromer, Snow Elves not the falmer oens from Skyrim but the actual elves, reach men, half giants, naga argonian, dremora, and goblins should all be playable. I'm kind of bored with the current selection.

The snow elves are gone already, impossible. Maoromer are quite literally hateful against all races on Tamriel. Reach Men are essentially wild-nords (And have no reason to do anything not involving The Reach. Half Giants are ultra rare, seeing as Lyris is the only one we see. Naga also hate quite literally everyone. Dremora have literally no reason to assist us. Goblins are also too stupid to comprehend most quest dialogues.

If you're bored with the current selection, I would suggest finding another fantasy game to be a part of. These current races have been the only playable races in ES for 10+ years. That isn't going to change anytime soon.

WoW and FFXIV are just a couple other fantasy universes that consistently add in playable races if you're wanting to explore some options.
    Edited by WhereArtThouVampires on February 21, 2021 6:21AM
  • rynth
    rynth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Personally something new is always good.....at least for the most part. I think it would be great to add some of the more darker/evil raced races. Heck who is to say that among the more evil races there isn't a good person among them. Anybody who has read Forgotten Realms will know of the dark elves and remember that Drizzt was a good person along with his father and they were born of one of the most evil races.

Besides adding these races doesn't hurt anything or anyone and only adds to the game and draws new/old players back. The nay sayers are majority the same people who are against anything new or changes for simple fact they are "negative nancies".
    When asked what he would do for a Klondike bar. Grand Moff Tarkin said "why I would blow up Alderaan."
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Only Templar Globins and they sing:

Put your left Globin
    Put your left Globout
    Put your left Globin
    And shake it all about
    Do the Pokey Pokey
    And turn yourself around.
    That's what it's all about.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Why goblins? Give us Maormer.
  • Athan1
    Athan1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I was here to make the same joke
    Athan Atticus Imperial Templar of Shezarr
  • TwinLamps
    TwinLamps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Why not. If woodelf is playable.
    Awake, but at what cost
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Starlock wrote: »

I vote Squirrel. Mr Nutter Butter.
    x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017.
    Melbourne Australia - the land of Potato Internet.WTB ESO OCEANIC SERVER
  • Stahlor
    Stahlor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to play mud crab!
  • phantasmalD
    phantasmalD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not concern
    I'd prefer Minotaurs first :B
    rynth wrote: »
    Besides adding these races doesn't hurt anything or anyone and only adds to the game and draws new/old players back.

It hurts the immersion and the internal logic of the game. When a race is established as universally reviled, extinct or labelled unintelligent by the general population and ruling class, then you can't really plop them into the already established quest chains.

A random farmer would not react to a goblin the same way he would to a Redguard and wouldn't ask for help from one.

Most likely race to be added would be Maormer as there are already established friendly encounters with them and they are similar enough to other elfs to not draw too much attention, but still would not expect them to be added anytime soon.
    Edited by phantasmalD on February 21, 2021 6:57PM
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    TwinLamps wrote: »
    Why not. If woodelf is playable.

Better be careful what you say about Bosmer...
  • Seminolegirl1992
    Seminolegirl1992
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No

I came here looking for this comment specifically. You did not disappoint.
    @Seminolegirl1992 PC/NA CP 2400+ PVE, PVP, RP, Housing: Tel Galen, Fair Winds, Moon Sugar, Grand Psijic, Forsaken, HOTLC, Bastion, Ravenhurst, Gardner, Alinor, Hakkvild's, Gorinir, Kragenhome, Hundings, & more- feel free to come see!
    Former Empress | Swashbuckler Supreme | Godslayer | Gryphon Heart | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Dro-m'athra Destroyer | Dawnbringer
  • WeerW3ir
    WeerW3ir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    how could you guys forget myoglobin? we need that too as a subrace.
    Edited by WeerW3ir on February 21, 2021 10:34AM
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not concern
    Will wait for next PTS round... no further racial changes means that ZOS does not know how to balance racial passives and maybe even has some agenda against some other races. So far they literally buffed strongest races this (next) patch and nerfed weakest one to be even more weak, this time drastically weaker than the others.

So, no point in adding new races. Have you seen how new (paid) classes (Warden & Necro) are like compared to base game ones ? Those two are in S or S+ tier in every class tier list lol.

Expect the same "balance" with every new "paid" race.
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    rynth wrote: »
    I think it would be great to add some of the more darker/evil raced races. Heck who is to say that among the more evil races there isn't a good person among them.

The problem is not that an individual from an "evil" race might not be friendly (I don't even think that in the TES world there are humanoid races who are all completely evil - TES doesn't rely on this stereotyping), but how would the average citizen of Tamriel react if someone from an "evil" race approches him? Imagine there's suddenly a sload on your doorstep, or a goblin, or a lamia? I think it would only work with races that aren't too far away in their appearance from other, already common races. Maormer might be possible.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More cosmetics, sure. But please no actual new playable races. That would be a balancing mess and makes little sense in the lore with the available races.
    If ESO was set in the first Era, then Kothringi, Minotaurs and Lilmothiit would have been cool as playable races, but then we would have to deal with magic not being taught to the public and actually being very rare and scary whenever we encounter it. That would also be cool, but it would be a very different experience from what we are used to from the Elder Scrolls.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • Icy_Waffles
    Icy_Waffles
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Nah. They are. Lesser. *laughs in any kind of elf*

On a serious note I think the gem is enough. As a playable race it doesn’t really fit to me for ES.
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Globin, the proteins that bind/transport oxygen? or Globen, a spherical object/race? Like pac-man?
    Edited by Nord_Raseri on February 21, 2021 5:05PM
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Yes.

I want to see a lot more non human/elf races added.
  • Daemons_Bane
    Daemons_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    Would be a fun mod for a single player title.. this game was not made for it though.. it would not work.. the story has been written with the existing races, the ones we can use that is, in mind..
  • Aptonoth
    Aptonoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Aptonoth wrote: »

The snow elves are gone already, impossible. Maoromer are quite literally hateful against all races on Tamriel. Reach Men are essentially wild-nords (And have no reason to do anything not involving The Reach. Half Giants are ultra rare, seeing as Lyris is the only one we see. Naga also hate quite literally everyone. Dremora have literally no reason to assist us. Goblins are also too stupid to comprehend most quest dialogues.

If you're bored with the current selection, I would suggest finding another fantasy game to be a part of. These current races have been the only playable races in ES for 10+ years. That isn't going to change anytime soon.

WoW and FFXIV are just a couple other fantasy universes that consistently add in playable races if you're wanting to explore some options.

Nah the Maoromer have a few members in the dragonguard in southern elswyr. They can totally be not evil if they want too. Remember black marsh was always "completely uninhabitable" so it was a convenient excuse to not go there in games. Just like before Skyrim it was nothing but snow and mead and no one wanted to go there. It needs lore to be developed and added. All the things I listed can all easily be added as the lore supports them being there. Also I said Naga Argonians not Naga the snake people. Snow Elves I think could easily be alive all they would need to do is be hidden away deep in some underground dwemer city and trying to make a comeback and could be a threat/allies. There is no reason to content or race deny and even an official email poll from last year had an option for stuff people would love to see and a new race was an option.

I think the only race that should never be playable is the rare exceptions like Dwemer.

Edit
    I also find it funny you say Dremora have no reason to help humans but in the Blackwood cinematic trailer there is Lyraneth helping mortals lol.
    Edited by Aptonoth on February 21, 2021 8:09PM