Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New CP system is horrible and might kill the game

• Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So, I am fairly new and just below 600 CP. I started ESO in July. Is there an advantage to grinding CP now before the new system goes live and grinding gets harder? If so, how long until it goes live?

Wouldn't recommend grinding CP now, I think chances are good that the system how it is right now will either not hit the live server at all or gets changed one patch later. You need to know that we already had the exactly same thing: When CP got released there was no cap and it didn't work, people did quit and they introduced a cap one patch later. And that wasn't enough, they even made diminishing returns to be stronger a few patches later.

It just baffles me because releasing an infinite progression system (lets be honest, only very few people will hit 2,7k CP, in reality it's an infinite progression system for the majority of the players) is so anti ESO and the complete opposite of what the game used to be for the past years.
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a first look today, with the same build from live and some rough playing around with CP, some of my stats (esp crit chance) were worse than live, but it was just a first look, and I didn't get everything. What I didn't like was the interface, not intuituive, not streamlined, and very time consuming. Also, I don't like how they can't all be automatically reset like you can do now.
  • preevious
    preevious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, so, I did a test on the PTS, installed for that purpose.

Since the atronach seems busted, I parsed the 3mil dummy.

if breach is bugged on the dummy, I'm not affected, because I don't use eledrain at all., so, the test is somewhat accurate.

I did 30k DPS. On live, same conditions, rotation and build, I'm a bit higher (35k+)
    With sustain issues. Sustain seems almost worse this patch.

It's bad, but not THAT bad.
    I'm a bit sad, since I just broke the 80k DPS wall on the atro, but I'll live, if it were to go live like this.

• Zulera301
    Zulera301
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remove CP altogether, increase all stats to account for differences between CP and non-CP, and reintroduce vet ranks (with vet ranks made account-wide), or remove vet ranks altogether, while converting all gear and materials above level 50 to level 50.

Boom, problem solved, no more archaic champion points system.

Coming from a player with 1831 CP.

you're joking right? the veteran ranks were even more archaic and useless than the champion point system. removing them was one of the best things this game ever did.
    Shortly after the formation of the Ebonheart Pact, a Nord woman was given a tour of the Tribunal Temple. When later asked about the experience, she seemed upset. Suffice to say, the Dunmer were not pleased to hear this, and thus they inquired further.
    "Well," the Nord frowned, "the priests were very angry and unwelcoming. They kept shouting things at me like "you can't drink that mead in here!" and "somebody stop her, she's running naked!" and "we can't catch her; she's covered in grease!""
  • Troodon80
    Troodon80
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    preevious wrote: »
    Ok, so, I did a test on the PTS, installed for that purpose.

Since the atronach seems busted, I parsed the 3mil dummy.

if breach is bugged on the dummy, I'm not affected, because I don't use eledrain at all., so, the test is somewhat accurate.
    It's not just the dummy. It seems to be everything (including dungeons, overland, etc.), and it also seems to be all forms of resistance debuffs/modifiers, including Crusher, Minor/Major Breach, and, potentially, though there is little way to test for it (my own tests are inconclusive where I simply remove the passives; I'm getting varying results each time with or without the passives while testing damage on each hit from Crushing Shock. Three hits with the passives give 990 damage each; but without the passives I get 970, and with 1 step of the 2 step passive, I get 1027 (how am I getting more from fewer passive steps?)), your Penetrating Magic destruction staff passive, allowing you to bypass 10% of the enemy's resistance. Until the resistances are fixed on PTS, there are no realistic comparisons to be made.
    Edited by Troodon80 on January 29, 2021 2:05AM
    @Troodon80 PC | EU
    Guild: N&S
    Hand of Alkosh | Dawnbringer | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart
    Deep Dive into Dreadsail Reef Mechanics