The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

New Blackwood homes

• volkeswagon
    volkeswagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We shall see but I tend not to like non traditional housing. If it looks like a tomb or dungeon it's always a pass. From the pictures above they don't look very condusive to decorating
    Edited by volkeswagon on January 29, 2021 1:52AM
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    We shall see but I tend not to like non traditional housing. If it looks like a tomb or dungeon it's always a pass. From the pictures above they don't look very condusive to decorating

I have the PTS installed and I visited both homes. The Ayleid home looks similar to your bog standard Ayleid delve. Its ruins, huge and I personally found nothing of interest in it. It's cooler color scheme makes it feel cold, uninviting.

The other home, the flame one, looks like the Pools of Fire in Stonefalls. It uses some of the same assets. Feels like some evil place of worship more than a homestead. I personally do not care for it.

I am not feeling confident at all with the future of ESO. Between the whittling down of what it means to be a healer, or even a tank now with the new armor passives. The devs disconnect from the community, the dreary, bleak environment of Oblivion coupled with what is going on IRL just seems like a recipe for disaster. Right now people need comfort and familiarity and my impression on the PTS is none of that.
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm really liking both homes after visiting on the pts.
    The Ayleid home is really, really enormous in scope but at the same time has rooms that are reasonable to decorate. You could focus on certain areas if you like clutter but I think anyone could make something of the home. I was on with a khajiit so decided to experiment with furnishing in a mix of khajiit and Ayleid and it worked exceptionally well. I particularly love the large upper room which I made a more Ayleid style library. I can't help thinking a necromancer might like this home because of the vertical openings in the wall of that room. You could put in books or plants and I'm sure lots of things. The view from the topmost level is impressive and the very natural surroundings make it feel very pretty. I love the pools at the top. I think Argonians would be very at home here, never being far from water. There is a lot of space available to work with like the cave part outside or it can be left as a natural feature.
    The Lava home is magnificent and so much fun. I think portalling about just makes it so cool and convenient. The scenery with lava flowing and ash pads is really varied and interesting and there is ample indoor and outdoor space without it being overwhelming. Again it provides a good choice for building and decorating. The architecture is beautiful and befitting the lava. I love the postings above explaining the history/future of the setting. I previewed the home furnished and it comes with a lot of dunmer furniture which is probably what I would have picked although I might have chosen different pieces and placements. I didn't try furnishing it yet but I did try a vampire piece in there and it went really well. I think the Alinor style would probably work too in the dark wood furniture. I'm not always that adventurous in my choice of furniture though so I can see people using a lot different furniture. I'm interested in this home for my Ashlander character but I'm not sure about Sheogorath but perhaps she just lives there in spite of or perhaps she could be a follower. I haven't fully fleshed out her story yet. At the moment she resides in Bouldertree refuge. I think you could have fun and go crazy with this home since it's a Sheo home, get out the lettuce and thread.
    I just wish I had a limitless budget but I'm going to have to make some decisions. Thankfully homes sometimes return and I have so many left to decorate.
    I would have posted pictures but my screenshots are on PC and this is from my mobile phone in bed. I may do tomorrow if they look OK, not checked yet. If anyone has videos of the homes to share that would be helpful.
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ayleid home has a number of similarities with Psijic villa, but will be easier to decorate.

First, it is not underground ruin, it is a huge building (intact inside, not ruined) between two hills (you can walk from the roof on the tops of these hills).

Second, there is similar main hall (throne room, high fane, etc.), but there are no wing rooms. The back room of the psijic villa is moved upstairs in ayleid ruins and has an exit to the roof with 3 mer-made pools.

Third, you have very big (and rather ruined) yard with the beach, sea and a few trees. Here it is much more filled with existing structures than psijic, so it will need less decoration.
    The Three Storm Sharks, episode 8 released on january the 8th.
    One mer to rule them all,
    one mer to find them,
    One mer to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them.
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elara Northwind posted videos of the homes on this thread.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/559612/new-houses-on-the-pts#latest
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The basic khajiit look in the Ayleid home:

a1ibbyruh4ag.jpg
    4mmamgn3yzxc.jpg
    eaxz87xkjznv.jpg
    uke4zhrpx61w.jpg
    tc31pqzw8wzx.jpg
    df9xkun7npss.jpg

• VilniusNastavnik
    VilniusNastavnik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Went onto PTS, they are big.. like.. very very big. Id rather houses that are large enough to do things with, but not so astronomically large that you need to cordon off entire areas because they are empty.
    Active Toons:
    NA - VilniusNastavnik - Magsorc DPS - Altmer
    NA - Ko'h Nehko'h - Stamblade Archer - Khajit
    NA - Arwyn Winterlight - MagPlar Healer - Breton
    NA - Urog Blackfang - DK Tank - Orc
    NA - Elen Windsong - Stamsorc DPS - Bosmer
    NA - Eats-Strange-Fungus - Magden HealzTank- Argonian
    NA - Harwyn Northwind - MagWarden DPS - High Elf
    NA - Raises-Many-Families - Necro HealzTank - Argonian

Picture of my Active Toons.

Obligatory ESO Fashion website plug: Vil's Portfolio
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Went onto PTS, they are big.. like.. very very big. Id rather houses that are large enough to do things with, but not so astronomically large that you need to cordon off entire areas because they are empty.

I normally feel that way, if it’s a house house, some place you want to furnish to be lived in, worked in, etc. With ruins large spaces with statement pieces, maybe small amounts of smaller furnishings or clutter here and there, seems very fitting IMHO. :)
  • VilniusNastavnik
    VilniusNastavnik
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I normally feel that way, if it’s a house house, some place you want to furnish to be lived in, worked in, etc. With ruins large spaces with statement pieces, maybe small amounts of smaller furnishings or clutter here and there, seems very fitting IMHO. :)

I mean, it works as a guild house, or maybe even a archeological dig site / museum, I suppose.
    Active Toons:
    NA - VilniusNastavnik - Magsorc DPS - Altmer
    NA - Ko'h Nehko'h - Stamblade Archer - Khajit
    NA - Arwyn Winterlight - MagPlar Healer - Breton
    NA - Urog Blackfang - DK Tank - Orc
    NA - Elen Windsong - Stamsorc DPS - Bosmer
    NA - Eats-Strange-Fungus - Magden HealzTank- Argonian
    NA - Harwyn Northwind - MagWarden DPS - High Elf
    NA - Raises-Many-Families - Necro HealzTank - Argonian

Picture of my Active Toons.

Obligatory ESO Fashion website plug: Vil's Portfolio
  • Inaya
    Inaya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neither of them interest me, ruins and dungeon looking style is not for me, but yay for everyone who has been waiting for something like this!
  • volkeswagon
    volkeswagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like houses with warm colors and wood and sand not cold stone with the feel of a dungeon. Gonna be a pass on the new homes. I think Blackreach is gonna be poorly received as the swampy lands of Shadowfen and Murkmire are some if the least favorite zones from a environment standpoint. Should have went with the hammerfall region.
    Edited by volkeswagon on February 5, 2021 2:06AM
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They are both much too big and gloomy.