The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New Blackwood homes

TheImperfect
TheImperfect
✭✭✭✭✭
What does everyone think of the tiny preview of the new homes. One looks like a Daedric ruin type home and another is an Ayleid looking place?

They both look very intriguing to me. I'm particularly interested in the Daedric looking one because I love the view of Ashalmawia from the Ald Velothi Harbour house. I think the Ayleid one looks pretty big from the image unless it was only part of the picture. They both look very interesting and something we haven't had before. I wonder what or if we get new furnishings and antiquities too? I hope to get on the Pts tomorrow but I want to see the new CP system and possibly dungeons if I get the time but probably not if late UK time.
Edited by TheImperfect on January 27, 2021 2:36AM
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder what or if we get new furnishings and antiquities too?

Nothing confirmed so far, but I would guess so. How else would you furnish a Daedric ruin?

Interesting choice of themes for the new houses, definitively.

@Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Those are Q1 homes, coming with the Dungeon DLC. We don't know what houses we'll get with the Blackwood Chapter. Though based on the Leyawiin preview it will be a slightly revamped Imperial style, but nothing ground-breakingly new. And probably another Argonian house. Though I would like to see the new Imperial furnishing style. Those streetlamps in the city looked really elaborate.

I'm not interested in the Daedric ruin, as there are barely any Daedric furniture ingame, and we'll probably get something more Daedric in the Deadlands around Q4-ish or something. I'm curious about the Ayleid ruin, although if it doesn't have a nice underground section, I won't be buying it just for the open-air ruins. Here are some pictures though if people missed the announcement:
    aus2fmnqjxhg.jpg
    i4eaw8kokx7c.jpg
    Edited by bluebird on January 27, 2021 2:48AM
  • Aptonoth
    Aptonoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your right these arent the expansion but dlc. I am not going to lie disappointed a vardenfell house slot is being taken up by a deadric ruin house but no ashlander home. I get there is no hard limit but I imagine map clutter is a real thing. I'll have to wait for telvaani peninsula year. I hope for a truly gigantic telvaani estate and ashlander home.
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aptonoth wrote: »
    disappointed a vardenfell house slot is being taken up by a deadric ruin house but no ashlander home.

They could camp in the ruins?! They worship the "good Daedra" after all.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh great... more ruined homes!
    All my housing builds are available on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
    I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • Aptonoth
    Aptonoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Syldras wrote: »
    disappointed a vardenfell house slot is being taken up by a deadric ruin house but no ashlander home.

They could camp in the ruins?! They worship the "good Daedra" after all.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh my god that is neat. Very very neat now depending on how it looks I might get it and squirrel it away. Still I would like to see a crab shell home like the ashlanders live in but by the coast and with the lush coast nearby with a small area to build a daedric shrine either indoors or out.
  • SOLDIER_1stClass
    SOLDIER_1stClass
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just want Hunters Glade to return! I'd pay like 200 dollars at this point for it
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Ayleid ruins look good. I'll look closely on PTS (hopefully the house will be available there), but for now it seems like an instabuy for whatever price.
    The Three Storm Sharks, episode 8 released on january the 8th.
    One mer to rule them all,
    one mer to find them,
    One mer to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them.
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bluebird wrote: »
    Those are Q1 homes, coming with the Dungeon DLC. We don't know what houses we'll get with the Blackwood Chapter...........

Here are some pictures though if people missed the announcement:
    aus2fmnqjxhg.jpg
    i4eaw8kokx7c.jpg

That's a point, there will be more houses to come. Thanks for the pictures, it really helps.
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Zypheran wrote: »
    Oh great... more ruined homes!

*sigh* agree
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
    streamer: http://twitch.tv/stabbitydoom
  • Aptonoth
    Aptonoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With Blackwood basically being an Argonian chapter I'm going to assume there will be two or three houses and one of them argonian. I'm definitely waiting until the next chapter before grabbing anything.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m excited for anything and everything Ayleid! :love:
  • moonsister
    moonsister
    ✭✭✭
    are they accessible on PTS yet?
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    moonsister wrote: »
    are they accessible on PTS yet?
    PTS is still under maintenance. But they should be accessibly later today / early tomorrow, and the client is already downloaded with all the data, they just haven't brought the server back up yet.
  • Taris
    Taris
    ✭✭
    Excited for the Ayleid home. Waited for it long enough.

btw there is a datamining thread in GD: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/559384/6-3-0-datamine-flames-of-ambition-dlc-on-pts#latest

seems like lots of ayleid furniture is coming too! :)
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Taris wrote: »
    seems like lots of ayleid furniture is coming too! :)
    Those are just 2 Ayleid furnishings that will be in the Ayleid Crown Crates for gems or gambling; and the special well that refills all your resources that they mentioned for parsing purposes, I expect it will be a Crown-exclusive like the Atro target dummy or the Vampire Well/Thrall pack. In Q1 patches they don't generally add new furnishing styles or much of anything except a few leftover writ voucher furnishing recipes maybe, so I wouldn't expect much Ayleid stuff tbh.
  • Taris
    Taris
    ✭✭
    Okay maybe i was a bit too excited when i saw it :D

But on the other hand why add a ayleid home but no furniture? The stuff is already in the game.
  • Aptonoth
    Aptonoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These are on the pts how come no video's about them yet? The daedric ruins are Sheogorath themed of all things so my idea to make it an ashlander home are bust. I'll have to keep waiting for a proper ashlander home or an azura house somewhere.
    Edited by Aptonoth on January 28, 2021 1:45AM
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    These are on the pts how come no video's about them yet?
    The PTS maintenance was today; they brought the servers online literally 10 minutes ago :wink:

On that note, everyone: PTS is up now! :smile:
  • SDKTJ
    SDKTJ
    ✭✭✭
    Is anyone else scared of the Ayleid home? I'm scared of the Ayleid home, 700 slots to decorate a house the size of a delve? Good luck with that.
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    SDKTJ wrote: »
    Is anyone else scared of the Ayleid home? I'm scared of the Ayleid home, 700 slots to decorate a house the size of a delve? Good luck with that.
    Depends what you want to do with it. The interior isn't that large, there is only a giant hall and a medium sized room, and a small side-room in the corridor on the first floor. Considering how chunky Ayleid furniture are, and how good a bunch of vines and statues would look there, I think you can decorate it well with a less crammed layout.
    iy6v88cna566.png

The outside area is mostly flooded or ruined beyond reasonable human use, so I think a natural garden with some pillars, statues, benches, and some plants would look best there. Of course, if you want to densely furnish every square meter of it, then yeah it's impossible. Still, I'm quite happy about the interior (only wish it was a more extensive indoors ruin like most Ayleid delves, rather than the huge openish chamber).
    gzexmtqo5psc.png
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The daedric ruins are Sheogorath themed of all things so my idea to make it an ashlander home are bust.

That's a pity, really. Where are they located, by the way? On that island north of Vvardenfell?
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The daedric ruins are Sheogorath themed of all things so my idea to make it an ashlander home are bust.
    It isn't really Shaeogorath 'themed' as such. There is 1 Sheo statue furnishing that can be freely (re)moved. If anything, the red portals and volcanic area (since the house is inside Red Mountain) give more Boethia or Dagon vibes than Sheo.

I think this house was meant more as a Chimer house than Ashlander (for that, I would have expected a yurt here and there or one of those shell-houses). But there is enough area outside around the volcano that you can set up an Ashlander village with the Vvardenfell achievement furniture. You can also expand the buildable surface over the lava by adding boulders or platforms (the ancient Elsweyr stone platform is big enough and worn enough to be a decent match I think).

o16m5vnyqi81.png
    Also, you can actually walk on the hardened lava without incurring damage, and it's quite a large area there too. There is a lot of outside space even if you want to ignore the daedric structures. Could build something fun for sure. Here's a quick ashlander village mock-up (just quickly thrown together as an example with other races furnishings - obviously you'd want to use the ashlander yurts and boundary-totems and thrones and such, I just can't get those on NA character copies).
    That's a pity, really. Where are they located, by the way? On that island north of Vvardenfell?
    sbauca5ejn2d.png
  • seecodenotgames
    seecodenotgames
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like there's plenty of building space. It's almost a shame I already built my evil lava submarine base in Bastion.
    Houses on PC EU (newest first)
    • 62. Sand Castles (Fogbreak Lighthouse) - A literal life size sand castle
    • 61. Riften Meadery (Old Mistveil Manor) - A new meadery has opened outside Riften
    • 60. Helene's Writing Room (Golden Gryphon Garret) - A small room for Helene to get some quiet writing time
    • 59. Picnic at Pelin (Black Vine Villa) - Based on the lore book Picnic at Pelin (A Horror Story)
    • 58. Almalexias Temple (Forsaken Stronghold) - A Dunmer Tower with a shrine to the three
    • 57. Pirate New Life For Me (Highhallow Hold) - A pirate tavern where they gift you loot
    • 56. Woodvine Cathedral (Agony's Ascent) - A living cathedral thriving in the Deadlands
    • 55. Dark Elf Town House (Quondam Indorilia) - A small and cosy town house on the edge of Mournhold
    • 54. The Secret Tower (Exorcised Coven Cottage) - A hidden mage tower in the swamps on the Hag Fen
    • 53. Knight Club (Frostvault Chasm) - A disco in a dwarven mineshaft
    • 52. Dwemer Cave City (The Erstwhile Sanctuary) - A lost dwarven city has been found deep underground
    • 51. Alinor Gryphon Aerie (Colossal Aldmeri Grotto) - A place where gryphons are trained
    • 50. The Charred Towers (Doomchar Plateau) - Deadlands themed fortress with two towers and custom furniture
    • 49. Argonian Sea Town (Tel Galen) - An Argonian sea port
    • 48. Daedric Princess Tower (Seaveil Spire) - An underwater tower dedicated to the Daedric Prince Meridia
    • 47. Fargrave Observatory (Ossa Accentium) - An observatory in the portal realm of Fargrave
    • 46. Hundings Beach House (Hundings Palatial Hall) - Beach house and hottub
    • 45. Crystal Gardens (Snugpod) - Enchanted Gardens with crystalline trees
    • 44. Dawnlight Health Spa (Princely Dawnlight Palace) - Our spa waters are revitalising and ready to heal your aching body
    • 43. Mountainside Retreat (Pariah's Pinnacle) - An orc mountainside hall with an amazing view
    • 42. Volcanic Vile Villa (Kushalit Sanctuary) - A private hollowed out volcano for all your mad alchemist needs
    • 41. Arenthian Water Temple (Strident Springs Demesne) - A relaxing water temple outside Arenthia
    • 40. Woodland Cottage (Ald Velothi Harbor House) - A house in a tree, but not a treehouse
    • 39. Winter Snow Meadhall (Enchanted Snow Globe Home) - A winter meadhall has opened to get everyone in the festive mood
    • 38. Fire and Ice Hotel (Elinhir Private Arena) - An new hotel has opened with an ice bar and a lava room
    • 37. City of Princes (Pantherfang Chapel) - Citadese is under attack from a dragon invasion. Prince Tarvia is leading the escape through the sewers.
    • 36. Dark Brotherhood Home (Stay-Moist Mansion) - A Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary found beneath an Argonian village
    • 35. Volkihar Courtyard (Velothi Reverie) - A castle courtyard modelled on the famous Volkihar Castle in Skyrim
    • 34. Rada's Summer Getaway (Potentate's Retreat) - A Redguard mansion with a dark vampiric secret in the basement
    • 33. Cascadia Wine N Dine (Sweetwater Cascades) - Vineyard and meadery with two restaurants and a chapel
    • 32. Walled Kitchen Garden (Amaya Lake Lodge) - Fresh produce and cut flowers for sale. Hot food served in a family restaurant.
    • 31. Luckycat Summerhouse (Lucky Cat Landing) - A khajiiti villa with spa and dining
    • 30. Helene's Boutique (Water's Edge) - The famous dressmaker has opened a new dress shop in town
    • 29. Alinor Garden Party (Mathiisen Manor) - A party in the flower gardens of a Altmer noble's manor
    • 28. Markarth Bath House (Stone Eagle Aerie) - A relaxing spa and bath house with an arts and craft centre
    • 27. Treeboat house (The Gorinir Estate) - No one know how an imperial ship ended up in the treetops
    • 26. Varlaisvea College (Varlaisvea Ayleid Ruins) - An ancient library has been discovered deep inside an Ayleid ruin
    • 25. City on the Moon (The Orbservatory Prior) - Moonbase with housing and an inn under the stars
    • 24. Lakemire Water Gardens (Lakemire Xanmeer Manor) - Relaxing hanging gardens and a fish restaurant beneath the Xanmeer
    • 23. Hircine's Hunt Club (Hunters Glade) - A relaxing villa for werewolves to feast in the ever refilling hunting grounds
    • 22. Lost Dwarven Kingdom (Shalidor’s Shrouded Realm) - A lost Dwemer king's palace has been found in a mage's pocket realm
    • 21. Replaced with 54. The Secret Tower
    • 20. Topal Fishing Resort (Grand Topal Hideaway) - A resort in the middle of a fishing lake on a private island
    • 19. Castleton Manor (Alinor Crest Townhouse) - The home of Lord Castleton and his daughter Sonja
    • 18. Cave of BBQ N Ribs (Earthtear Cavern) - A secret rocky dome, hosts a BBQ and ribs restaurant
    • 17. Who Lived in a Shoe (The Ample Domicile) - There was an old reach witch who lived in a shoe
    • 16. Dwemer Party Tower (Hall of the Lunar Champion - Lion's Cradle) - A dwarven flying tower repurposed for parties
    • 15. A Taste of Alinor (Sleek Creek House) - A small piece of Alinor beside a creek
    • 14. Lava Submarine Base (Bastion Sanguinaris) - An evil vampire alchemy lab, accessible only via a lava submarine
    • 13. Spirit-tree Library (Wraithhome) - A library built atop an ancient forest within an ancient Daedric ruin
    • 12. Golden Beach Palace (Thieves' Oasis) - A dwarven inspired Redguard beach resort
    • 11. Mad Scientists House (Cyrodilic Jungle House) - Workshop and garage with an experimental De-lore-ean
    • 10. Big Toy House (Antiquarian's Alpine Gallery) - Two life sized doll's houses and a inn beneath the stairs
    • 9. Icy Falls Inn (Forgemaster Falls) - Two Nord lodges on a lake, serving mead and fresh fish
    • 8. Blue-ice Palace (Stillwaters Retreat) - Solitude, but on a frozen lake
    • 7. Mushroom Manor (Coldharbour Surreal Estate) - Dunmer house built from giant mushrooms
    • 6. Vampire Academy with wine bar (Daggerfall Overlook) - Come for the nibbles; stay for eternity
    • 5. Three Pillows War (Grymharth's Woe) - Re-enact the three banners war with pillow forts and floof balls
    • 4. Treefern House (Moon-sugar meadow) - Giant treefern treehouse
    • 3. Artaeum Theatre/Opera housel (Grand Psijic Manor) - Tiered Balcony
    • 2. Imperial Bridal Suite (Linchal Grand Manor) - Wedding venue with bridal suite extension
    • 1. Dragonguard Penthouse (Jode's Embrace) - 3 Extra floors, with indoor conservatory and top floor gym
  • Aptonoth
    Aptonoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It isn't really Shaeogorath 'themed' as such. There is 1 Sheo statue furnishing that can be freely (re)moved. If anything, the red portals and volcanic area (since the house is inside Red Mountain) give more Boethia or Dagon vibes than Sheo.

I think this house was meant more as a Chimer house than Ashlander (for that, I would have expected a yurt here and there or one of those shell-houses). But there is enough area outside around the volcano that you can set up an Ashlander village with the Vvardenfell achievement furniture. You can also expand the buildable surface over the lava by adding boulders or platforms (the ancient Elsweyr stone platform is big enough and worn enough to be a decent match I think).

o16m5vnyqi81.png
    Also, you can actually walk on the hardened lava without incurring damage, and it's quite a large area there too. There is a lot of outside space even if you want to ignore the daedric structures. Could build something fun for sure. Here's a quick ashlander village mock-up (just quickly thrown together as an example with other races furnishings - obviously you'd want to use the ashlander yurts and boundary-totems and thrones and such, I just can't get those on NA character copies).
    sbauca5ejn2d.png

I thought the statue was permanent in that case this looks way more promising now. I'm still not entirely sold on it as this style of deadric architecture isn't what I envision for an Azura themed or one of the "good" deadra. I'll consider it though.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SDKTJ wrote: »
    Depends what you want to do with it. The interior isn't that large, there is only a giant hall and a medium sized room, and a small side-room in the corridor on the first floor. Considering how chunky Ayleid furniture are, and how good a bunch of vines and statues would look there, I think you can decorate it well with a less crammed layout.
    iy6v88cna566.png

The outside area is mostly flooded or ruined beyond reasonable human use, so I think a natural garden with some pillars, statues, benches, and some plants would look best there. Of course, if you want to densely furnish every square meter of it, then yeah it's impossible. Still, I'm quite happy about the interior (only wish it was a more extensive indoors ruin like most Ayleid delves, rather than the huge openish chamber).
    gzexmtqo5psc.png

I LOVE that main room — and the pools! I had been trying to make over Mathiisen Manor in Aylied fashion and getting frustrated with light passing through walls and floors so now I’ll just relocate everything to this more perfect location — when can I buy? :joy:
  • Aigym_Hlervu
    Aigym_Hlervu
    ✭✭✭✭✭

o16m5vnyqi81.png
    sbauca5ejn2d.png

What a familiar place that Kushalit Sanctuary is! If it is the place I'm thinking of, it can be a Sheogorath themed one, indeed, Bluebird. Assalkushalit, a Daedric shrine dedicated to Sheogorath and located on the northern slope of Red Mountain is a place of the Nerevarine's possible passage in 3E 427. The house will be located inside the Ghostfence in 741 years, below is it's picture from future. Does the Kushalit's interior somehow correspond to the one of the Assalkushalit's one?

800px-MW-place-Assalkushalit.jpg
    359px-MW-map-Assalkushalit.jpg
  • SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

o16m5vnyqi81.png
    sbauca5ejn2d.png

What a familiar place that Kushalit Sanctuary is! If it is the place I'm thinking of, it can be a Sheogorath themed one, indeed, Bluebird. Assalkushalit, a Daedric shrine dedicated to Sheogorath and located on the northern slope of Red Mountain is a place of the Nerevarine's possible passage in 3E 427. The house will be located inside the Ghostfence in 741 years, below is it's picture from future. Does the Kushalit's interior somehow correspond to the one of the Assalkushalit's one?

800px-MW-place-Assalkushalit.jpg
    359px-MW-map-Assalkushalit.jpg

Yes! I came here to mention that- this is the exact same structure as the Daedric shrines in TES III, though typically for the "bad" Daedra, with few exceptions.
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

o16m5vnyqi81.png
    sbauca5ejn2d.png
    Yes, the ingame lore description of the house specifically says: 'The recently abandoned Sheogorath shrine that locals call Assalkushalit features a statue to the Mad God within its stony hall. Whether you revere this Daedric Prince or want a home nestled in Red Mountain, this portal-ridden sanctuary can be yours!'
    9iin5uoijvd0.png
    But apart from that 1 removable statue there is nothing Sheogorath-like about the place, if people don't want it to be. All Chimer ruins in ESO use the same models so it can be whatever people would want. People can just use the outside to build something custom as well, as the overland area is much larger than the interior.
    lhz2w8gqka7h.png
    p825flyyrbmc.png
    b7af0u18nanj.png
  • Aigym_Hlervu
    Aigym_Hlervu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great "house", indeed. Thank you, @bluebird! Looking at the Vvardenfell global map you have attached, I also see they've additionally reconstructed something on the slopes - those two new foyadas and some new stronghold at the place you are there? It looks like to be Tureynulal, though it should be in a bit different location. Perhaps, some old ruins that won't make it to the Third Era. I only hope they won't reconstruct something else that has been existing there for years, and I'd prefer not to mention it here..
    Edited by Aigym_Hlervu on February 2, 2021 11:33PM