The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Update 29 Combat Preview

• ACamaroGuy
    ACamaroGuy
    ✭✭✭
    ACamaroGuy wrote: »
    So what exactly will be the new usable CP? Right now I'm able to use 810 of my 1256.

Brian said on stream all acquired CP you have to date is unlocked for you to use Day 1

I get that. What will the cap be? If someone has 5000 CP will they be able to use all of those as well or will there be a cap?
    For the Empire
  • ACamaroGuy
    ACamaroGuy
    ✭✭✭
    MrZeDark wrote: »
    The way I see all of this as a quick breakdown -

PvP Perspective: (DPS/Tank)

StamDPS does more dmg to Mag
    MagDPS does more dmg to Tank
    StamDPS does less dmg to Tank

So if each armor type wearing person gets a bonus vs another, then fair is fair. Please keep in mind, Heavy Armor is used by Tanks - Since D&D and MMO early life and so on.. So a DPS utilizing Heavy to be more Tanky, is in fact sacrificing DPS. That is completely acceptable and logical, it was never intended to be exploitable in PvP.

If though you have an issue with this, you have to ask yourself - Do these changes hurt me or was I relying on a crutch to get dmg done quickly, knowing it felt exploitative? You know... those giggles you got, when you DD down a player, in 1-2 abilities. All I really see, is it balancing it out in a way that suggests both StamDPS and MagDPS will be able to exchange the same blows now. Why did I not mention Tanks? Because again, you wear heavy - you expect to loose DPS, because its logical. But before I close out my simplified PVP break down, lets not forget.. Mag, you get more Pen than Stam natively - So they get a bonus to your Light Armor, you have had a bonus to their medium for a very long time. This does not mean Stam now reigns supreme, it means Mag needs to be more conscious of their own utility and support.

PvE Perspective: (DPS/Tank/Healer)

This will be quick - Rely on your healers. You know, those players you don't 'need' anymore because you do so much dmg you skip mechanics and and zerg zerg zerg. Maybe this extra dmg we will all take, will make us realize that healers are more than POA, RO, Olo, SPC, Combat Prayer. They are people that need to feel relied upon, that are keeping HoT uptimes so your cozy in your parse - that can burst heal when that mechanic you were too slow to roll dodge / block hits you. Maybe we need to take a little bit more dmg, to feel humbled that our healers are actually good healers and not just there to make your parse look good. Maybe through more dmg, you'll find ways to be more supportive yourself.

So everyone, step back and breath. Leave your bubble of solitude, and 'muh parse'. Think logically how these things would work in a broader 'game design' understanding. As from all they said last year, and bits they have said this year. This is really only the first in many changes to come - To make you realize, If you're in a group you play as one; Tanks, Healers, and DPS. Not just a Zerg.

As if you have been reading between the lines, the reign of maximizing your DPS to get through stuff faster and faster is starting to slow down. They have already mentioned (in the past 13 months) long term idea's of Nerfing your LW, Nerfing your Crit. Given this 'more' dmg taken within armor roles - as well as if you peered at those CP's (pause in youtube to see more). You will understand, that support concepts are getting rolled on out. Keep in mind, many of these idea's are 'long-term' as they are slow rolling you. They want you to get cozy with these little changes first, before the hammer comes. They want you to know what 'good tanking' and 'good healing' is - before they make you realize what 'good dps' actually will be.

Thanks!

A healer running as a support character is trash. A healer is there to heal and add damage shields to protect you through a fight. Might be time for a healer to start looking at healer sets and tanks looking at sets that make them a tank not a support tank.
    Edited by ACamaroGuy on January 27, 2021 11:12PM
    For the Empire
  • ACamaroGuy
    ACamaroGuy
    ✭✭✭
    I have concerns about both of the combat changes but mainly the armor.

In pve the roles are designed around gear weights, gear has effects based on weight, we have passives based on weight. Tanks have to wear heavy, mag has to wear light. I dont see how this changes anything besides forcing tanks to take more mag damage and light armor to take even more stam damage along with the increased damage the receive from lower resistances already.

In pvp there already exist a large performance difference between classes wearing light armor and stam heavy builds. Yes fighting eachother will result in them taking similar damage from this change but thats also on top of the decreased resistance of light in the first place.

I just dont think this change really fits into how we build characters in eso.

I’d say it’s been glaringly obvious for years that PvE and PvP can’t mix but the devs are dead set on developing it their way regardless.

I’m not suggesting I have all the answers but I would go as far to say a large part of the existing and old group of customers would benefit from separating the two.

I’d imagine having one character who has for lack of a better term, a PvE mode and PvP mode. There are also major changes needed to how PvP content is accessed and PvE changes to Cyrodil, IC, etc. It just seems odd because we don’t really have world PvP and we shouldn’t ever.

There should be a champion point tree just for PvE and one for PvP. When you bring your tune into Cyrodiil, just switch your champion points to the appropriate setup and change gear. Simple fix.
    For the Empire
  • ACamaroGuy
    ACamaroGuy
    ✭✭✭
    xgoku1 wrote: »
    What about players already at max CP (810)? Will there be some form of CP normalization to fit the new higher cap of 3600? Or do we need to grind to 3600 from 810?

u can already grind to 3600 its the current max lvl but u just dont get advantages if u are over 810 atm

so i think u just stay at ur lvl and need to grind the rest

I'm at champion point 1256 currently. If this game thinks it is so interesting and so time-worthy that I'm going to grind all the way up to 3,600 ZOS is mistaken. That grind will take a person over a year to complete. So for most people they're going to be inadequate in any veteran end game runs because they're champion levels are going to be too low. Going to 3,600 is a stupid idea. Should have taken it up in smaller increments, 1,800 then make another small adjustment until eventually you get up to the 3,600.
    For the Empire
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AmendmentI wrote: »
    The armor changes dont sound very well thought out...... For the most part magicka dps and tanks arent given a choice. Mag dps sets are typically light. Tank sets are typically heavy. It doesnt give a choice it just adds on bonuses and penalties to all except stam and medium armor tanks

the real question is will there be a system to change armor weights of set pieces?
  • Suna_Ye_Sunnabe
    Suna_Ye_Sunnabe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    "For players who are in the higher end of the CP scale (900+) that participate in the most challenging and demanding encounters, you will still be able to beat those encounters. Where you’ll see a difference is a shift in favoring survivability over DPS at that point. This is due to several factors we’ve already noted regarding social pressure to “catch up” in CP, bypassing or otherwise ignoring content mechanics, and reducing the gap between high-CP vs. low-CP players" ......GREAT. So even more 3 dps teams than before in dungeons? You must r e a l l y hate healers in this games, Zos. And tanks too, from the looks of those cute little armour tweaks. Oh, and light armour, you're right... It was so tanky before against stam and in open world. Good thing we take more damage now <3
    Angua Anyammis Ae Sunna
  • insignismemoria
    insignismemoria
    ✭✭✭
    ACamaroGuy wrote: »
    I'm at champion point 1256 currently. If this game thinks it is so interesting and so time-worthy that I'm going to grind all the way up to 3,600 ZOS is mistaken. That grind will take a person over a year to complete. So for most people they're going to be inadequate in any veteran end game runs because they're champion levels are going to be too low. Going to 3,600 is a stupid idea. Should have taken it up in smaller increments, 1,800 then make another small adjustment until eventually you get up to the 3,600.

If we assume the slottable stars each take 100 CP each to unlock, since there's 12 slots it takes 1200 CP to fill them and max out, power-wise. The unlocked stars will not do anything unless they're slotted, is my understanding.

After that, the "horizontal progression" comes into effect where the only thing additional CP does after that is enable you to have more stars unlocked to swap them on your bar more easily.

This is ignoring however much CP will go into the passive stars.

Of course, all this would be much easier to confirm if we could actually access the PTS today as promised.
  • Hymzir
    Hymzir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay... So they're basically re-inventing the wheel. Again. For who knows how manieth a time by now.

Now this is not necessarily bad, seeing as the old wheel was pretty shoddily designed and badly borked up. However, given the track record of such changes... Well I am not optimistic about this one being any better than any of the previous iterations.

I mean, these are some fairly massive changes we are talking about here. We are gonna have to re-learn the way the game works. Again. On one had that is cool and fine and breaths new life into active gameplay, but one the other hand... Do I really wanna re-learn things from scratch again? Especially if the content will still be balanced according to the previous set of maxims? If actual power level of my characters go down, and I am no longer able to perform the things I've grown accustomed to being able to do, would that fly well with me?

At the same time though, I don't feel that just nudging the numbers a little, and tweaking a bit here and there, would be enough either. I mean, something has to change, but is this too much?

If the new mechanics actually do work in a demonstrably better fashion than the old systems did, then I suppose it ends up being a win for all. But if the new designs turn out to be just switching one set of annoyances to another set, while also dropping general power lecel of characters, forcing us to re-learn everything from scratch, and still ending up with an unbalanced system... Well that does not paint a pretty picture about the future. So I really hope the devs have thought these things through, and thought them through thoroughly. 'Cause changes on this magnitude will not go down well if they don't deliver clearly superior gameplay experience.
  • Duhne
    Duhne
    ✭✭✭
    What I like the most in ESO combat system is the dynamic of skills and counters. Armor types reinforce its diversity because you react differently based on your strengh / weakness and the ones of your opponent. As you can guess I'm interested in pvp so that's what I'm looking at here.

What I'm interested in are healthy trade off for each armor type. I like most changes but it feels that LA really need more love.

I don't care much about the proc meta issue because it will be dealt at some point. Holy no proc test, I'll pray you never end.

A few points I see in the big picture :

Raw Resistances (7 pieces) and weakness/resist
    LA : 7501 (= 11,36% mitigation) + 1% weakness against physical + 1% resist against magicka
    MA : 11199 (= 16,96% mitigation) + chuck norris no weakness mode
    HA : 14897 (= 22,57% mitigation) + 1% weakness against magicka + 1% resist against physical + 2% resist when cc immune

If all armors had the same value the passive would be more balanced.

(Concentration) passive give 4884 penetration and help to reduce the damage done gap created by resistance diff.
    MA : 11199 - 4884 = 6315
    HA : 14897 - 4884 = 10013
    So LA spend one passive for this while other armors have more on top. Like 15% weapon damage for MA that boost damage AND heals.

LA and MA have almost same crit (see below), regen and cost reduced.
    MA have speed when LA have snare effectivness and sprint cost reduce which is weaker in my opinion

Having more damage from physical attack is just too much. LA already take more damage from everything

Dodge
    LA : good to have some reduce cost here. They lifted some weight from wearing ligth
    MA : I kind of understand the buff here, dodge less but survive more when you attack & escape (and you still got cost reduction from passives, 28% with 7 pieces)
    HA : fair debuff. You're not a rolly pony

Block
    LA : heavy debuff, 12% (5-1-1) 21% (7). With how the burst damage is now, if you don't block you die even with shield and heal and it's required to avoid CC too
    MA : good buff. You can block longer but still take some damage
    HA : good buff. You block more damage but can't perma block

Heal Shield etc
    LA : unlike other armors you need much more skills dedicated to def. I feel like an epileptic under steroids (and sniffing some nirncrux) to keep up the pace to survive and have some room to launch a light attack. Heal buffed with crit passive (Prodigy : 2191)
    MA : seems more balanced. Can heal & attack or heal & move or heal & block without feeling you need to be precise to the millisecond. Buffed with (Agility) by 15% weapon damage & crit (Dexterity : 2296)
    HA : (Rapid Mending) healing received 8%, Health regen. Your 'Trump' card

Speed
    LA : you're in light but you're a nerd so you have no muscles to run
    MA : you're a *** but god you run fast
    HA : you're just a blockhead, you don't know how to run

CC break
    LA : good buff (needed since a long time)
    MA : why not some debuff here. If MA need a weakness, here seems a good spot
    HA : you're still a blockhead but you rocks

Tools
    LA : class skills
    MA : weapons, speed (Line of Sight 0v0), AoE resist
    HA : beat me, I'll regen. Health based heals

Crit resist
    You can think at first glance, no main difference here between armor types.
    But if you look a little more into it, the more squishy you are the more you have to invest in crit resist, the less options you have to invest your traits on something else

low armor + low crit resistance : you're an exploding watermelon. Juicy proc target for bombers
    high armor + low crit resist : fine but got some surprising high hits
    low armor + high crit resist : take some damage but no surprise
    high armor + high crit resist : congrats, you're a living stone

AoE
    LA : zerg AP food
    MA : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0d0u2836zY + MA skill 20% reduction + Dodge 10% reduction (5 pieces), 14% (7)
    HA : it itches

Crit done
    LA : (Prodigy) 2191 Should be power trade off for wearing light but MA still beat it
    MA : (Dexterity) Have more crit with 7 pieces (2296) than LA and not much less with 5 pieces (1640) or 6 (1968)
    HA : who's crit

If I summarize LA should be better in a few things (not necessary all)

crits : magicka could have more crit like stam have more weapon damage

toolkit : at the beginning, class skills and CC were more for LA/magicka and weapon more for MA/physical with some in between for both. But there's more stam class skills now (even more true with new classes). Magicka and skills are still usable by MA (sorc streak, templar cleanse, NB cloak etc). So class skills tend more to be the class identity stuff for all roles. That's good but magicka still not have 1 hand and rune or other staff.

shield : sorry, bad joke. But you can still wrap yourself in a pretty bubble to escape life. Health cap, armor resist applied, cost and mag regen and skills too diffrents on classes is quite a mess. It makes it a difficult answer for balance at this point.

Physical damage is already more strait and easy to use (buff without target, direct damage, more strait ult, finiser, heal over time) while magicka is less straitforward (buff need target, longuer burst to build [target debuff + DoT], ult easier to counter and heals/shield need better reaction).

I see a lot of good stuff in the new horizontal CP 2.0 and most of the new armor passive. Keep the good work
  • NordJitsu
    NordJitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I’m really excited for all these changes.

The armor is what has me most worried, but I get what you’re going for and I hope it works. Choice of armor was so important in Morrowind, my first elder scrolls game.
    @NordJitsu - Guild Master (Main Character = Hlaalu Idas)
    GREAT HOUSE HLAALU
  • Env_t
    Env_t
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler hello! can we have new CP exp formula please?
    id like to know how curve changed comparing to line, please
    Edited by Env_t on January 28, 2021 8:51AM
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rehdaun wrote: »
    Who else thinks the champion bar will be great for PC players where they can use an addon to quickly change what they have slotted while totally screwing over us console players? We've already seen it with gear, forcing us console plebs to run only a single set throughout the while dungeon/trial in most situations.
    Firstmep wrote: »
    Rehdaun wrote: »
    Who else thinks the champion bar will be great for PC players where they can use an addon to quickly change what they have slotted while totally screwing over us console players? We've already seen it with gear, forcing us console plebs to run only a single set throughout the while dungeon/trial in most situations.

Probably the first that popped into my mind when I saw the bar yeah.
    And this is coming from a pc player.
    Just another reason to have multiple load outs as a base game option.
    Essentially a built in build creator.

We need different bar layout outs we can select and us for different situations and not manually have to find and change out each skill. Like One bar layout for dps, farming, crafting, healing, PVP and so forth.

Please give use different skill bar we can load and select and even rename for quicker focus.

For an example I want the Master Gatherer or Meticulous Disassembly skill in one of my 12 slots but in between times when farming/crafting waiting on a dungeon or BG but when queue hits I would like to quickly change out bars and not each skill one at a time because sometimes you enter and the activity has started or group members run ahead and put you in battle before you can quick change everything you need to.

Stay safe and have fun :)

PS, Forgot to add thanks for the advanced UI update. Now please work on skill timers and better buff/debuff timers for console peasants. The same goes for sets with timers for proc or certain conditions to use.
    Edited by Hotdog_23 on January 28, 2021 11:07AM
  • Tigor
    Tigor
    ✭✭✭
    Hello,

Also some questions:

In the current state the champion points are disabled in some PvP zones. Does that mean that there are less calculations made, or does that mean that the results of the calculations are not used in the passives? We nowadays experience in the No-CP campaign a lot of performance issues linked to the current state?

The New Champion System (NCS) UP29 will result in campaigns in which we can only choose from alliance and non alliance locked? Even when lvl 50 players don't have enough champions points, they could temporary be provided to them.

Is it possible to have a depiction of the new constellation star's here? It would help to understanding the NCS better. I am to busy for joining the PTS.
    Edited by Tigor on January 29, 2021 12:02AM
    GM - Decimation Elite - Ebonheart Pact - Ravenwatch EU/PC - aka Tigor (AR50), Leopard Tank (AR50) , Captain-Caveman (AR50), Tigors Claw (AR50), -Bud Spencer (AR38+)
  • UrbWzrd
    UrbWzrd
    ✭✭
    Simply, I hate nerfs, no matter what is the reason behind it. So the approach to nerf Crit because it shines a lot and make it blunt like others is not a good approach. Technically it may, but definitely not psychologically. I am not a min/maxer but an RPG player. And RPG is all about progression, being stronger, better. So when you nerf Crit and others, my already not performing well Wood Elf / Werewolf Stamblade with Berserking Warrior gets nerfed too, which is the opposite of progress.

So a more humanly approach should be to shine the blunt ones like the already shining ones, not the opposite.

Another min/max vs RPG issue; I have one and only one character; a wood elf night blade. I don't have neither desire nor time to create and level up another character. I play the game a little over a year and wood elves and the night blades are by far the weakest links. And you didn't do anything to change this.

While a ~CP200 sorcerer or templar can easily gain the title flawless conqueror, I struggle to complete veteran Maelstrom each and every time. I wonder why balancing the races and classes are never in your agenda.

You always underline how you care about casuals but the defense against weakness of night blades always "how an end user / elite class it is" and "we should master the class to make it shine". So I have to spam aedric spear if a casual and brag how good a player I am.
  • Ryuvain
    Ryuvain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UrbWzrd wrote: »
    Simply, I hate nerfs, no matter what is the reason behind it. So the approach to nerf Crit because it shines a lot and make it blunt like others is not a good approach. Technically it may, but definitely not psychologically. I am not a min/maxer but an RPG player. And RPG is all about progression, being stronger, better. So when you nerf Crit and others, my already not performing well Wood Elf / Werewolf Stamblade with Berserking Warrior gets nerfed too, which is the opposite of progress.

So a more humanly approach should be to shine the blunt ones like the already shining ones, not the opposite.

Another min/max vs RPG issue; I have one and only one character; a wood elf night blade. I don't have neither desire nor time to create and level up another character. I play the game a little over a year and wood elves and the night blades are by far the weakest links. And you didn't do anything to change this.

While a ~CP200 sorcerer or templar can easily gain the title flawless conqueror, I struggle to complete veteran Maelstrom each and every time. I wonder why balancing the races and classes are never in your agenda.

You always underline how you care about casuals but the defense against weakness of night blades always "how an end user / elite class it is" and "we should master the class to make it shine". So I have to spam aedric spear if a casual and brag how good a player I am.

Nightblade is a top class though.
    That one khajiit obsessed with werewolf behemoth and vampire lord. Lady Thorn is bae, dont @ me.
    Werewolf behemoth=vampire lord>blood scion>werewolf>vampire.
  • gui
    gui
    Soul Shriven
    xgoku1 wrote: »
    What about players already at max CP (810)? Will there be some form of CP normalization to fit the new higher cap of 3600? Or do we need to grind to 3600 from 810?

I highly hope it will be fast af to level up to around 2500cp because there is no way endgame players from both Pvp and Pve have the will to grind like that, maybe give 3 cp level per level ???? idk but it has to be faster because this is unbearable atm
    main role is a tank
    can play dd
    learning heal
  • mook-eb16_ESO
    mook-eb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    personally I want light, medium, and heavy armour to effect speed and stamina drain.
    Edited by mook-eb16_ESO on January 30, 2021 2:47PM
  • Extrawelt
    Extrawelt
    ✭✭✭
    When you´ll gonna increase the cp cap at 3600 on PTS?
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    they werent kidding when they said "destruction comes to tamriel" . this needs baby steps and a better explanation. also if this has been in the works for awhile they should have increased CP gain earlier to prepare the player base.
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When will update 29 go live please?
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    personally I want light, medium, and heavy armour to effect speed and stamina drain.

I think that would help PVP balance a lot because movement speed and stamina sustain are both important to survive.
    Also, it seems logical that you run faster and consume less stamina the lighter your gear is.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mojmir wrote: »
    they werent kidding when they said "destruction comes to tamriel" . this needs baby steps and a better explanation. also if this has been in the works for awhile they should have increased CP gain earlier to prepare the player base.

Agreed and increase group xp again because everyone is going to be farming like crazy from here on out. Nothing worse than losing xp because you have more than three players in your group. But I do believe they need to advance these points in stages and not all 3600 at once. Maybe 500 points every two or three months or something. At least people can grind a few days wuth xp potions and catch up without devoting their entire life and playtime just farming points to be relevant. Also zos needs a lot of double or triple xp days events to help. I'm really angry that they are not doing a proper conversion though. It's just wrong that all that extra xp was for nothing. It's almost enough to make me quit the game. I've played since beta and level capped, but don't have near the amount of cp to have a really good build after U29 hits. I guess march will be the deciding factor.
    Edited by LadyDestiny on February 5, 2021 1:28PM
  • albumoculus
    albumoculus
    ✭✭

8th of March, next month.
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭

8th of March, next month.

Thank you very much, couldn't find the date anywhere, unless I missed it (knowing me).
  • Merllow
    Merllow
    ✭✭✭
    Duhne wrote: »
    What I like the most in ESO combat system is the dynamic of skills and counters. Armor types reinforce its diversity because you react differently based on your strengh / weakness and the ones of your opponent. As you can guess I'm interested in pvp so that's what I'm looking at here.

What I'm interested in are healthy trade off for each armor type. I like most changes but it feels that LA really need more love.

I don't care much about the proc meta issue because it will be dealt at some point. Holy no proc test, I'll pray you never end.

A few points I see in the big picture :

Raw Resistances (7 pieces) and weakness/resist
    LA : 7501 (= 11,36% mitigation) + 1% weakness against physical + 1% resist against magicka
    MA : 11199 (= 16,96% mitigation) + chuck norris no weakness mode
    HA : 14897 (= 22,57% mitigation) + 1% weakness against magicka + 1% resist against physical + 2% resist when cc immune

If all armors had the same value the passive would be more balanced.

(Concentration) passive give 4884 penetration and help to reduce the damage done gap created by resistance diff.
    MA : 11199 - 4884 = 6315
    HA : 14897 - 4884 = 10013
    So LA spend one passive for this while other armors have more on top. Like 15% weapon damage for MA that boost damage AND heals.

LA and MA have almost same crit (see below), regen and cost reduced.
    MA have speed when LA have snare effectivness and sprint cost reduce which is weaker in my opinion

Having more damage from physical attack is just too much. LA already take more damage from everything

Dodge
    LA : good to have some reduce cost here. They lifted some weight from wearing ligth
    MA : I kind of understand the buff here, dodge less but survive more when you attack & escape (and you still got cost reduction from passives, 28% with 7 pieces)
    HA : fair debuff. You're not a rolly pony

Block
    LA : heavy debuff, 12% (5-1-1) 21% (7). With how the burst damage is now, if you don't block you die even with shield and heal and it's required to avoid CC too
    MA : good buff. You can block longer but still take some damage
    HA : good buff. You block more damage but can't perma block

Heal Shield etc
    LA : unlike other armors you need much more skills dedicated to def. I feel like an epileptic under steroids (and sniffing some nirncrux) to keep up the pace to survive and have some room to launch a light attack. Heal buffed with crit passive (Prodigy : 2191)
    MA : seems more balanced. Can heal & attack or heal & move or heal & block without feeling you need to be precise to the millisecond. Buffed with (Agility) by 15% weapon damage & crit (Dexterity : 2296)
    HA : (Rapid Mending) healing received 8%, Health regen. Your 'Trump' card

Speed
    LA : you're in light but you're a nerd so you have no muscles to run
    MA : you're a *** but god you run fast
    HA : you're just a blockhead, you don't know how to run

CC break
    LA : good buff (needed since a long time)
    MA : why not some debuff here. If MA need a weakness, here seems a good spot
    HA : you're still a blockhead but you rocks

Tools
    LA : class skills
    MA : weapons, speed (Line of Sight 0v0), AoE resist
    HA : beat me, I'll regen. Health based heals

Crit resist
    You can think at first glance, no main difference here between armor types.
    But if you look a little more into it, the more squishy you are the more you have to invest in crit resist, the less options you have to invest your traits on something else

low armor + low crit resistance : you're an exploding watermelon. Juicy proc target for bombers
    high armor + low crit resist : fine but got some surprising high hits
    low armor + high crit resist : take some damage but no surprise
    high armor + high crit resist : congrats, you're a living stone

AoE
    LA : zerg AP food
    MA : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0d0u2836zY + MA skill 20% reduction + Dodge 10% reduction (5 pieces), 14% (7)
    HA : it itches

Crit done
    LA : (Prodigy) 2191 Should be power trade off for wearing light but MA still beat it
    MA : (Dexterity) Have more crit with 7 pieces (2296) than LA and not much less with 5 pieces (1640) or 6 (1968)
    HA : who's crit

If I summarize LA should be better in a few things (not necessary all)

crits : magicka could have more crit like stam have more weapon damage

toolkit : at the beginning, class skills and CC were more for LA/magicka and weapon more for MA/physical with some in between for both. But there's more stam class skills now (even more true with new classes). Magicka and skills are still usable by MA (sorc streak, templar cleanse, NB cloak etc). So class skills tend more to be the class identity stuff for all roles. That's good but magicka still not have 1 hand and rune or other staff.

shield : sorry, bad joke. But you can still wrap yourself in a pretty bubble to escape life. Health cap, armor resist applied, cost and mag regen and skills too diffrents on classes is quite a mess. It makes it a difficult answer for balance at this point.

Physical damage is already more strait and easy to use (buff without target, direct damage, more strait ult, finiser, heal over time) while magicka is less straitforward (buff need target, longuer burst to build [target debuff + DoT], ult easier to counter and heals/shield need better reaction).

I see a lot of good stuff in the new horizontal CP 2.0 and most of the new armor passive. Keep the good work

To make my magician not so one-shot in light armor, I use a large pool of mana (like all sorcerers) for shields and the crit rate in pvp is always low enough and starts running in the ring of malacata in light armor, now the damage began to give out much better. But what prevents you from taking this ring in heavy armor, so as not to suffer from a passive loss of crit chance) This wonderful ring opens up new horizons for absolutely everyone
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This also brings us back to the baked-in stats for players levels 1-50, and more specifically, damage output. Those changes combined with CP-value adjustments will result in changes in DPS output. With the baked-in weapon and spell damage, max Magicka and max Stamina, many players will see an overall increase in their DPS output in the lower spectrum of CP (EG 100-300 CP). Around 300 CP, we wanted to ensure that a baseline of DPS was capable to complete all DLC dungeons on Normal, as that’s also when those dungeons open up in the Activity Finder.

A little late to the party, but as I was rereading this it occurred to me to wonder:

Is this a typo? Unless something has changed without notice, norm DLCs open at level 45 while vet DLCs open at CP 300. If you're not ensuring that players can take on norm DLCs at level 45 and vet at CP 300, you're not balancing for the right level.
  • eternalshockcable
    eternalshockcable
    ✭✭✭
    Hi ,

I can't say I'm a fan of the new armor changes but here's what I can tell you.

Without any negative effects of wearing medium armor, you're pretty much guaranteed to have a new meta of medium armor stamina characters in Cyrodiil.

You can offset this by adding the following..

MEDIUM ARMOR:
    • Increase Damage taken from Direct Damage Attacks by 1% per piece (add your notes here of various examples)
    • but Decrease damage taken from Area of Effect attacks by 1% per piece (add your notes here of various examples)

-Enjoy
  • Jackarallious
    Jackarallious
    Soul Shriven
    i really love how things seem obvious in regaurd to armor and cp.11k hours seen my warden wade deep in mud a bit,mines a long learning curve hahha.only issue is cp change cost .but milions later im used to it