The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

18k Executioner in a 35k resistance? Mag needs a executioner

UntouchableHunter
UntouchableHunter
✭✭✭✭
nU8J6X4

20210115_222326.jpg

Edit after some comments we can see mag class needs a Executioner assap.

This is game is so unbalanced in pvp and even worst for Mag class
Edited by UntouchableHunter on January 16, 2021 2:49PM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Response will come when I can see the pic lol

Edit: gotta be Balorgh + Incap + probably imperial physique

Bal would give a ton of penetration too, gotta be runnin a lot of penetration
    Edited by Waffennacht on January 16, 2021 4:46AM
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • UntouchableHunter
    UntouchableHunter
    ✭✭✭✭

Ouch I don't why we can't see the Pic.

Let me check
  • UntouchableHunter
    UntouchableHunter
    ✭✭✭✭

Imgur is not working.

Check it now :)
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You were probably at like 1k or less health so the 17k is meaningless because any damage would probably have killed you anyway.

Plus, Executioner probably got the entire 400% bonus to show such a big number. In addition, the screen cap does not show what debuffs you had on you and what buffs the other player had or their penetration.

Stay safe and have fun :)
  • UntouchableHunter
    UntouchableHunter
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hotdog_23 wrote: »
    You were probably at like 1k or less health so the 17k is meaningless because any damage would probably have killed you anyway.

Plus, Executioner probably got the entire 400% bonus to show such a big number. In addition, the screen cap does not show what debuffs you had on you and what buffs the other player had or their penetration.

Stay safe and have fun :)

How can I stay safe with this guy around 😂

Yes I agree but I never saw a Executioner landing like that. I saw 14k sometimes, but 17799...
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't you wish mag classes had a universal execute that actually did execute dmg and could also be animation canceled
  • puupaa
    puupaa
    ✭✭✭
    There may be some rare bug with the skill, according to recount addon, I hit someone with >18K actual health damage non-crit Reverse Slice once that did >11K health damage to someone next to them. No way that could happen without some kind of glitch. The person I did >11K damage to said they were running a high resist build when they complained about me hitting them with a 18K Reverse Slice.
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    High resistance does not guarantee You immortality.
  • Josira
    Josira
    ✭✭✭✭
    Syiccal wrote: »
    Don't you wish mag classes had a universal execute that actually did execute dmg and could also be animation canceled

yes please,give it the molten whip/lash spin attack animation too I love that animation
    "BlooD FReNZy TicKS aLL thE BoXes of WhaT iT mEanS tO bE a VaMpiRe"
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Got to remember that Execute deals more damage the less HP you have. And even if you only had like 200 HP left it will still show the full amount it could have dealt in the death tooltip. And if your HP was that low, he will get full use of the 400% damage increase. If that was also combined with what @Waffennacht said then those numbers are perfectly normal.
  • UntouchableHunter
    UntouchableHunter
    ✭✭✭✭

I don't wish.

WE NEED IT.

There is no fair pvp for Mag class.
  • UntouchableHunter
    UntouchableHunter
    ✭✭✭✭
    Juhasow wrote: »

Sure not, but the 18k still impressive
  • UntouchableHunter
    UntouchableHunter
    ✭✭✭✭
    Got to remember that Execute deals more damage the less HP you have. And even if you only had like 200 HP left it will still show the full amount it could have dealt in the death tooltip. And if your HP was that low, he will get full use of the 400% damage increase. If that was also combined with what @Waffennacht said then those numbers are perfectly normal.

We need this NORMAL for Mag class in pvp assap
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You possibly got hit with so little health remaining that anything would kill You at this point. You say that game is unbalanced because You got hit with 18k executioner but what difference does it make for how much it hit You when You had something like 1k health left. It's not impressive , it's expected for this ability to hit for so much when hitting debuffed target with 1 milimeter health points left on the health bar.
    Edited by Juhasow on January 16, 2021 3:25PM
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You possibly got hit with so little health remaining that anything would kill You at this point. You say that game is unbalanced because You got hit with 18k executioner but what difference does it make for how much it hit You when You had something like 1k health left. It's not impressive , it's expected for this ability to hit for so much when hitting debuffed target with 1 milimeter health points left on the health bar.

Tell that to the mag executes, oh wait
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well i've seen impales hitting in PvP for 15k+ so...

Also execute with the strongest scaling in the game is a macicka skill called radiant oppression. You wont see it hitting for 18k though because it's combined out of ticks rather then singular hit so when enemy is at 1% health 1 tick will obliterate him.
    Edited by Juhasow on January 16, 2021 3:48PM
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Radiant destruction is a bad execute, in pvp, take a split second before does any damage, cannot be animation canceled and leave you vulnerable while channeling
    Edited by Syiccal on January 16, 2021 4:03PM
  • UntouchableHunter
    UntouchableHunter
    ✭✭✭✭

Also execute with the strongest scaling in the game is a macicka skill called radiant oppression. You wont see it hitting for 18k though because it's combined out of ticks rather then singular hit so when enemy is at 1% health 1 tick will obliterate him.

15k <18k

And was in a heavy armor like the executioner? Of course not Executioner scales 400% and starts at 50% the damage is really different.

Also radian opression and impale a are not mag skills, are NB and Templar skills, no other class can use it.

So mag class still need a Executioner
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Radiant destruction is a bad execute, in pvp, take a split second before does any damage, cannot be animation canceled and leave you vulnerable while channeling

By that logic executioner is a bad execute because it can be dodged and have 5 meters range. And after recent changes executioner also cannot be animation cacelled plus takes a split of second before it hits (animation of the swnging weapon needs to touch enemy to register the hit) and due to the same changes very often it cannot be even fired despite being in range when it was casted due to how server vs client calculations were changed.

Also nice shift in discussion from executes existance to executes balance.
    Edited by Juhasow on January 17, 2021 12:57AM
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

15k <18k

And was in a heavy armor like the executioner? Of course not Executioner scales 400% and starts at 50% the damage is really different.

Also radian opression and impale a are not mag skills, are NB and Templar skills, no other class can use it.

15k=18k when enemy health is at 1k unless he have over 14k shield on that 1k health which is highly unlikely to have 1 sec after being dropped to 1k health. When You hit enemy with 25% health executioner will hit for 200% more when Impale for 300% more. The difference is that Impale can hit for 15k between 1% and 25% of someones health when that 18k executioner will require for someone to be usually under 5%. And as I already mentioned at this point it won't even matter wheter it was 15k or 18k. 18k is just nice looking number nothing more. Executioner damage starts to be higher then impale damage when it doesn't really matter anymore because enemy at this point would die even from regular ability. I've never seen definition of magicka execute saying that it has to be not tied to class skill lines.

Oh and for the record read Impulse tooltip for fire dmg additional effect. And yes I know currently Impulse is bugged but still it's an execute by design.
    Edited by Juhasow on January 16, 2021 5:30PM
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭

By that logic executioner is a bad execute because it can be dodged and have 5 meters radius. And after recent changes executioner also cannot be animation cacelled plus takes a split of second before it hits (animation of the swnging weapon needs to touch enemy to register the hit) and due to the same changes very often it cannot be even fired despite being in range when it was casted due to how server vs client calculations were changed.

It doesn't take aay the fact the executioner can be and is used by every stam build pretty much, same cannot be said for mag, there isn't a universal execution skill.
  • UntouchableHunter
    UntouchableHunter
    ✭✭✭✭

15k <18k

15k=18k when enemy health is at 1k. The difference is that Impale can hit for 15k between 1% and 25% of someones health when that 18k executioner will require for someone to be usually under 5%. And as I already mentioned at this point it won't even matter wheter it was 15k or 18k. 18k is just nice looking number nothing more. I've never seen definition of magicka execute saying that it has to be not tied to class skill lines.

Oh and for the record read Impulse tooltip for fire dmg additional effect. And yes I know currently Impulse is bugged but still it's an execute by design.

15k will never be 18k we have so many situations, I could use magma shell, be a vampire stage 4, have shield, using the set that's gives me 30% mitigation etc

You are trying to cover de difference between 15k 18k but in pvp 3k is a lot.

To use impale you must put the player in 25% healthy to even use it.

Did you see that the guy hitting me was NB and choose use a Executioner instead his NB execute?

I"m not saying NB execute is bad, I'm just saying we need a execute for Mag class like Executioner.

You are playing around saying other stuffs...

Did you ever use impulse as a execute ability? This is a joke for sure...
    Edited by UntouchableHunter on January 16, 2021 5:35PM
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

By that logic executioner is a bad execute because it can be dodged and have 5 meters radius. And after recent changes executioner also cannot be animation cacelled plus takes a split of second before it hits (animation of the swnging weapon needs to touch enemy to register the hit) and due to the same changes very often it cannot be even fired despite being in range when it was casted due to how server vs client calculations were changed.

It doesn't take aay the fact the executioner can be and is used by every stam build pretty much, same cannot be said for mag, there isn't a universal execution skill.

The same logic can be used against lot of different types of abilities in PvP You know. For example there are no universal shields abilities , there is no universal healing weapon skill line etc. Yes sherlock magicka and stamina setups are different.

Also let's wait and see how big those additional damage to low health targets on Impulse will be when they'll fix it.
    Edited by Juhasow on January 16, 2021 5:40PM
  • UntouchableHunter
    UntouchableHunter
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've never seen definition of magicka execute saying that it has to be not tied to class skill lines.

Impale is a NB ability in the assassination skill line. No other class can use it.

You brought Impulse, this is a valuable skills to discuss as a execute for Mag class. If you Wana discuss impale do it only for NB and not for Mag classes.
  • ZOS_ConnorG
    Greetings all,

After review we have had to edit or remove several posts for rule violations such as Baiting and Non-Constructive Back and Forth. Ensure when engaging in a discussion that you keep said discussion civil, constructive, and within the rules. If you see a post that is baiting in nature do not engage it with further hostility and instead report it for the moderators to review.

You are welcome to review the Community Rules here.
    Staff Post
  • UntouchableHunter
    UntouchableHunter
    ✭✭✭✭

The same logic can be used against lot of different types of abilities in PvP You know. For example there are no universal shields abilities , there is no universal healing weapon skill line etc. Yes sherlock magicka and stamina setups are different.

Also let's wait and see how big those additional damage to low health targets on Impulse will be when they'll fix it.

We have Bone Shield and Vigor Stamina based skills.

Stamina class have access to Executioner, Bone Shield and Vigor you would say that mag class have access also, but is a stamina cost ability and some scales with stamina.

So I still can see stamina class in a huge advantage in pvp for other reasons + plus this amazing skill called Executioner.

ZOS tell me why you don't give to mag class a similar ability to mag class???

Could be melee range no problem but we need it to still play pvp with our mag classes.
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s a stamina skill so it suits the agenda
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We have Bone Shield and Vigor Stamina based skills.

Stamina class have access to Executioner, Bone Shield and Vigor you would say that mag class have access also, but is a stamina cost ability and some scales with stamina.

So I still can see stamina class in a huge advantage in pvp for other reasons + plus this amazing skill called Executioner.

ZOS tell me why you don't give to mag class a similar ability to mag class???

Could be melee range no problem but we need it to still play pvp with our mag classes.

Bone shield scales of health not from stamina. , it only costs stamina to cast. That's quite a difference from what I was talking about. Side note when it was scaling from stamina on PTS it was scrapped because it was considered too strong.

Vigor is a single ability not whole skill line. That's quite a difference from what I was talking about.

Also those were just examples of the differences to give You an idea that differences exist and not everything is or has to be equall. Instead of understanding it You've just started to disect those examples , missing the point rntirely.
  • FirmamentOfStars
    FirmamentOfStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no need for magicka chars to get a similar execute as stamina toons have. PvE is already dominated by magicka thanks to ranged dps and shields, imagine they all would get a execute skill additionally to their kit in PvE.

I know this is the PvP section and I strongly disagree too, that magicka is in need of an execute ability here. Currently thanks to vate destruction staves magicka actually can fight toe to toe with stamina toons, an additional execute would make them superiour. No need for that. OP just have a strong bias towards his favourite magicka chars.
  • UntouchableHunter
    UntouchableHunter
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is no need for magicka chars to get a similar execute as stamina toons have. PvE is already dominated by magicka thanks to ranged dps and shields, imagine they all would get a execute skill additionally to their kit in PvE.

I know this is the PvP section and I strongly disagree too, that magicka is in need of an execute ability here. Currently thanks to vate destruction staves magicka actually can fight toe to toe with stamina toons, an additional execute would make them superiour. No need for that. OP just have a strong bias towards his favourite magicka chars.

Are you right this is not a pve section.

Magic will be not op with a execute. Everybody how plays pvp knows that pvp is dominated for stamina class running Executioner.

For a pvp perspective I strongly disagree of you.