The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

The 2021 Hype Begins...

• ethenya
    ethenya
    ✭✭✭
    Learned from my mistake of falling for the hype early this year and won't be jumping on the pre-order bandwagon next year. I will wait and see what others say about its performance before buying.
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    Faulgor wrote: »
    jaws343 wrote: »
    Ah, another spellcraftig tease that will amount to nothing.
    It's almost a tradition by now.
    Glad I wasn't the only one that immediately thought spell crafting.
    I mean, it looks like a magical book, kind of like the collected tomes from the original spellcrafting design. But given the history of these teasers, it's probably to do with the new dolmen daily grind for motif #156.

Could be the Mysterium Xarxes. But that could be a stretch.

(edited because I had the wrong book)

I think it is the Mysterium Xarxes. So you are not the only one with that thought.
    I suspect strongly that it is the Mysterium Xarxes.
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
  • Synthwavius
    Synthwavius
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hope that we gonna get updated character models in january
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hyped for more game breaking bugs? Nope. :/

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2250+
  • Zorgon_The_Revenged
    Zorgon_The_Revenged
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess she was smoking a Skooma pipe, dropped some hot embers in the book she was reading as she passed out, and now it's going to cause a giant forest fire. I predict a year long theme of "Don't take Skooma"...maybe.
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Wasn't Eveli a ginger? :neutral: Or at least had copperish-blonde hair rather than blonde? I hope it's not her, just for the sake of stopping ginger erasure! :smiley:
  • Finedaible
    Finedaible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Considering their year-long release format and the lack of innovation in 2019-2020, I seriously hope 2021 is not all about familiar places with similar stories and shallow content. Markarth story was great, but it brought nothing new to the table for gameplay. Antiquities is just another passive skill-line like Thieve's Guild and Dark Brotherhood before it and only serves to broaden the delivery of inventory fodder. There are some things in Antiquities that I like, but it is largely shallow in replay value.
  • Revokus
    Revokus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why so soon ? Starting the hype in december for a chapter that usually comes around may is a bit dumb.
    Edited by Revokus on December 9, 2020 12:57AM
    Playing since January 23, 2016
  • volkeswagon
    volkeswagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any idea where the expansion will take place?
  • Sju
    Sju
    ✭✭✭✭
    Revokus wrote: »
    Why so soon ? Starting the hype in december for a chapter that usually comes around may is a bit dumb.

They do the teaser every year at this time during the game awards.
  • Revokus
    Revokus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sju wrote: »

No they do this every year in january not early december.
  • Sju
    Sju
    ✭✭✭✭

Elsweyr was teased in December, Greymoor was teased in December. In January they release official trailer. Pretty sure they did the same for Summerset at the Game Awards that year too.
  • Revokus
    Revokus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Elsweyr was teased in December, Greymoor was teased in December. In January they release official trailer. Pretty sure they did the same for Summerset at the Game Awards that year too.

It states trailer world premiere in the twitter post and that has always been around the second week of january.

Last year Greymoor was announced january 16th.
    Edited by Revokus on December 9, 2020 1:14AM
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Going by what I read on here.
    https://www.thegamer.com/the-elder-scrolls-online-debut-new-trailer-the-game-awards/
    They are doing the trailer reveal for next year early on Thursday but I don't think we will get anything like what to expect in new skill lines or classes or races or whatever. But I do think its going to give us a good idea for the plot and the characters.
    So we are getting a sneak peek a lot sooner then they typically do it. Which is good because then we can find out sooner.
    PC NA
  • Calm_Fury
    Calm_Fury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rehdaun wrote: »
    All this bling and eye candy to pull our gaze away from the underlying issue that the game is still broken. Know what would get me excited? Some honest communication.
    #Hype

That is what we've been discussing in several other threads...

Their content schedule is so relentless that they are already starting to market the next patch while the last is still broken...

And don't expect that to change.

I'm pretty sure next patch will add more bugs to a bunch of bugs that will remain for Markarth, only for us to start getting the Chapter promotion right away.
  • twev
    twev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I loved one comment. Fix performance of the game besides that a teaser does not hype me. It worries me after last few patches and current patch sadly... Game is busting out the seems with issues x.x...

After the last few deliveries of bugs in DLCs and patches, I'm not the least bit hyped over a new chapter and DLCs delivering more bugs that wont be addressed.
    The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.

PC/NA, i7 with 32 gigs of ram, nVME cards and an nVidea 1060 over fiber.
    I don't play through Steam, ever.
  • Sju
    Sju
    ✭✭✭✭

It states trailer world premiere in the twitter post and that has always been around the second week of january.

I'll keep saying it, they always tease them in December, full reveal January.
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I think they also tend to have those stage events where they reveal this information. The thing is we are in a pandemic and I doubt they will be able to do such an event and given how Bethesda/Zenimax is doing more this type of thing from home now.. I can see them doing more twitch streams and news articles to reveal next year rather then doing a great global reveal with a live audience in attendance . If they are not doing the Global reveal maybe they will release the full trailer just outright this time. We are not in normal times and wewill have to wait and see. They very well could be doing it earlier then they typically do with the trailer.
    Edited by Thevampirenight on December 9, 2020 3:03AM
    PC NA
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could also say her having a nightmare is Vaermina in origin. Haven't had that prince messing things up in a while.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vevvev wrote: »
    Could also say her having a nightmare is Vaermina in origin. Haven't had that prince messing things up in a while.

I doubt it, the thing is the cat is out of the bag. its like Dragons all over again basically. Its been this way since the Reach pts. Its possible Vaermina could be in there somewhere. But this is clearly going to be Dagon's show.
    There is a very good reason why several of us, are thinking that book is the Mysterium Xarxes. It was a hunch I was thinking towards when I saw the book then I saw a post on this tread where someone was saying it might be the Mysterum Xarxes.

Then I seen on the news article about the trailer on that one site I linked above. That many feel the same way, and speculating that its the Mysterium Xarxes. Its leaning heavily towards being Dagon next year. Like I said cat is out of the bag. That was the term they used when people figured out it was going to be Dragons last year. Ironic since its happened again.

PC NA
  • Sju
    Sju
    ✭✭✭✭

I think they also tend to have those stage events where they reveal this information. The thing is we are in a pandemic and I doubt they will be able to do such an event and given how Bethesda/Zenimax is doing more this type of thing from home now.. I can see them doing more twitch streams and news articles to reveal next year rather then doing a great global reveal with a live audience in attendance . If they are not doing the Global reveal maybe they will release the full trailer just outright this time. We are not in normal times and wewill have to wait and see. They very well could be doing it earlier then they typically do with the trailer.

They will show the Markarth trailer like they usually do with the last DLC, and then transition to the '21 teaser, just like last year.
    https://youtu.be/AfeR8KaQWRs
    Edited by Sju on December 9, 2020 3:46AM
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cant wait to get 6 crashes in a 2 hour span and some game breaking bugs. I play bcz nothing better is out there but ESO never committed or went far enough in anything. Its good enough but at this point it really is not.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looking forward to hearing more about next year. Thx for bringing this to our attention.
  • Czekoludek
    Czekoludek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magic books as next magicka weapon skill line? That would be dope but with current performance I'm skeptic. See you in CP2077 everyone!
  • ealdwin
    ealdwin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A few thoughts:

Cyrodiil
    I mean... it's not certain, and we only have the Akaviri Potentate crates and the mention of Skingrad in Markarth to go off of, but... it feels pretty certain. Usually the land area is easier to guess ahead of time since they like dropping a bit of a hint for players to find.

Dagon
    So far, all we have concerning Dagon is the datamined of the model of Dagon and the name "Badlands" being in the DLC menu on the pts (https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6961663#Comment_6961663). Now, this could be pointing towards Dagon as the primary antagonist for the next chapter. But, it could just as equally be part of a dungeon DLC, or some other usage. A model alone is not enough to be certain. Now, the name is something a bit more concrete, but as pointed out in the linked thread, could just be a misnomer.

Vaermina
    We have an elf (presumably Eveli, but not certain) shown sleeping in a troubled manner, as if she was having a nightmare. Nightmare's are Vaermina's sphere, so... It's nothing certain for now, and definitely not a lot to go off of, but maybe the troubled sleep is a clue. It's worth noting that there are no book artefacts connected to her. She does have the Skull of Corruption which can create evil clones though... so something interesting.

Meridia
    The book is shown with a golden glow. Could that golden glow have something to do with Meridia? We know that she is often associated with golden light, and since the planemeld ended, there have been suggestions that something is off or wrong with her. Could we see Meridia make a return as an antagonist. (If Meridia really is Merida???). Or could we see the return of Darien, if he's still trapped in the Coloured Rooms.

The Book
    What is this book? Why is there an elf lying by it? There certainly seems to be some significance to it. Books just don't glow, even in the Elder Scrolls universe, unless there is something special about them (or you haven't collected it yet). If Dagon is involved, it could be the Mysterium Xarxes. Though, the golden glow, again, could be dealing with Meridia. We've seen glowing parchment connected to her and her dealings before. Maybe it's a tome about her, belonging to her, or a message from her. Or, even though she doesn't have a book connected to her, Vaermina's disciples in Skyrim do have a book about the Dreamstride (both a state and Vaermina's realm). Bit of a stretch, but hey, we're all pretty much making bits of stretches here.

Basically, all we have are small hints, with a bit more leaning towards Dagon. But again, nothing is certain. And nothing may be what it seems.

I'm personally still holding out for the Battlespire being introduced. The gateway to all the Oblivion realms and all that.

Guess we'll know on Thursday.
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    giphy.gif
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • Starlight_Whisper
    Starlight_Whisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah, another spellcraftig tease that will amount to nothing.
    It's almost a tradition by now.

Never give up hope! We got necromancers and dragons anything is possible
  • BalticBlues
    BalticBlues
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The teaser looks like a gamer girl with just another crash in ESO.
  • NEMESIS_97
    NEMESIS_97
    ✭✭✭
    Hope for year long focused bug fixing and graphic improving story...with fixing old bugs and newly surfaced..that would be best chapter..maybe daedra comes and save server issues..or uncle sheo magically fixing cyro...or just year long without new bugs event
    Edited by NEMESIS_97 on December 9, 2020 10:59AM
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    We had a year-long about vampires... a situation that needs to get fixed. So that girl is obviously buffy the vampire slayer, with the slayermanual! We're going vampire hunting next year! :smiley: