The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

3 hardest titles to earn in-game?

• zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Juhasow wrote: »
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    Xuhora wrote: »
    Master Angler. It isn't hard but the time it takes makes it the most difficult.

not sure if serious or not
    but i think thats wrong. everyone with enough time in hand can get masterangler. but not everyone with enough time can get trifectas in DLC trials.
    my opinion

You can practice, get better gear or more help in trials. For fishing, all you can do is use atreum (spelling) food and that's it. You can't gold out your fishing poll for that extra 1%.
    But do You really need that 1% extra of something when fishing ? When it comes to fishing requirements to "master" it are basically equal to zero and 1% from zero is still a zero.

Let's assume two players with equall skillset started to play today. One wants to get master angler second wants to get godslayer , guess which one will achieve his goal first ? Also compare amount of preparation (gear , gold , skill lines etc) , practice and knowledge both will have to get to achieve their goals.
    Master angler was pretty easy to get but pretty time consuming, watched video on second monitor, my focus was to unlock the colors first and then done the title followed.

I say getting the Black Market Mogul is almost equal grindy, one major downside is that you are limited in how much you can do in an day. You can speed this up by using significantly more time each day only going for blue and better drops.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • iksde
    iksde
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Slaughtered" because this still isn't a title in game
  • frozzzen101
    frozzzen101
    ✭✭✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »
    Anyways, I'd say

Godslayer (along with Hand of Alkosh)
    The Unchained
    True Genius

in that order

Think this is spot on. Older trial trifectas are dated. Real reason why they might be hard is getting the group for them. Haven't personally progressed vKA but I heard it's underwhelming. Unchained is rough as there's just so many places you can die and True Genius is hard both for no death and speed run reasons. I think many people are sleeping on just how hard Stone Garden trifecta is.
  • Minnesinger
    Minnesinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don´t think I have ever seen a Chaos Keeper. The title is so rare and even after one year of ranfom BGs (daily) I am far from it.
    The wind is cold where I live,
    The blizzard is my home,
    Snow and ice and loaded dice, the Wizard lives alone.
  • Flaaklypa
    Flaaklypa
    ✭✭✭✭
    If done legit, Emperor, Chaos Keeper, Godslayer are probably the hardest, and require huge time investments
  • lemonizzle
    lemonizzle
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Dynamo, similar to Dro-Mathra Destroyer but for vHOF. Seen it in game exactly once in 4 years.
    Otherwise, obviously trial titles and time consuming ones like Master Angler.
    However if there was a title for collecting every monster trophy, it would be up with angler. The droprate is ridiculous.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NEMESIS_97 wrote: »

but i think thats wrong. everyone with enough time in hand can get masterangler. but not everyone with enough time can get trifectas in DLC trials.
    my opinion

You can practice, get better gear or more help in trials. For fishing, all you can do is use atreum (spelling) food and that's it. You can't gold out your fishing poll for that extra 1%.

But every casual can get it..try godslayer with casuals..and you can fish alone..try to get trifecta trials alone...try to get help for ttt:)..for fishing you only need time..every ppl can get that...for trifectas...you need way more things..plus your huge input...countless hours on training with dummy..on actual thing..for fish..just make tea and fish

All you need is gold for the trials. But yeah if you want to earn them instead of paying for the carry titles related to trials are probably the hardest.
    Grand Overlord is another title that takes a whole lot of time especially if players didn't take advantage of the keep flipping that was going on a few years back.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kargen27 wrote: »
    NEMESIS_97 wrote: »

my opinion

But every casual can get it..try godslayer with casuals..and you can fish alone..try to get trifecta trials alone...try to get help for ttt:)..for fishing you only need time..every ppl can get that...for trifectas...you need way more things..plus your huge input...countless hours on training with dummy..on actual thing..for fish..just make tea and fish

All you need is gold for the trials. But yeah if you want to earn them instead of paying for the carry titles related to trials are probably the hardest.
    Grand Overlord is another title that takes a whole lot of time especially if players didn't take advantage of the keep flipping that was going on a few years back.

Good luck paying gold for godslayer.
  • Weesacs
    Weesacs
    ✭✭✭✭
    Outside the ones found in trials, and with over 40k achievements myself, I find the following the hardest:

- Chaos Guardian
    - Chaos Champion

I still need these ones. Happy to be proven wrong with everyone's screenshots 😂👍
    Edited by Weesacs on November 27, 2020 7:04PM
    High Elf Templar
    PS4 - EU - DC
    Over 37,500 Achievements!
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But I have never, ever seen any Count/Countess. https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Countess The prrequisites for this are just so high, that either nobody seems to bother to try it or nobody cares enough to wear the title. Admittedly, it does not require skill, just money!

You can make well over a million a month by just doing writs on 5+ characters and selling some of the mats. So about a years worth of writs gets you enough gold for that achievement.
    shades.gif

• code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Murkmire Prepper :trollface:
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Any title involving a trial. Why? Without Discord even casual social guilds won't let you participate during a slow learning run of the trial.

Thats one thing i like from playing on console
    Chat are built into the game
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As for the Chaos BG titles, over the years I've seen:

Chaos Keeper: about 5, including me

Chaos Champion: 1, who confessed to having been incredibly lucky to get it

Chaos Guardian: 0
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    Murkmire Prepper :trollface:

Especially when you're a non-quester :smirk:@code65536
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • LightYagami
    LightYagami
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jierdanit wrote: »
    Technically probably "Emperor" as there are only max 4 players on each Server who can have this title at once (not Former Emperor).

Only if the emperor can keep the title for a long time and the title was not during the starting of an empty server..

Talking about "former" emperor, I met many chevron Former Emperors and killed a lot of them. They obviously don't even have basic ideas of PvP but they already got the title.

The "Former" Emperor title can be farmed by low skill players helped by a guild group during the staring of a low population empty server. It's really a shame.

I honestly think that Emperor title should not be earned only based on total scores. There should also be something like a military medals system, for example in addition to taking all the keeps of the inner ring by your alliance and you being the highest scores person, you need to take 50 keeps, kill 1000 enemies and revive 100 teammates before earning the title (I just made up some arbitrary random examples, pls don't be too serious about these numbers).

A simpler fix may be that during the first few hours, no Emperor will be crowned, to avoid farming during the starting in low population servers.
    No improvement on Cyrodill servers -> no ESO plus renewal.
  • Oliviander
    Oliviander
    ✭✭✭✭
    Some titles need persistance and some need skill
    And getting all furnishing recipes is really hard (I still need 20 of them)
    And now I am collecting the BoE sets wich might even take longer

but this achievement really got on my nerves:

The Murkmire Prepper

I couldn't stand repeating each of this dumb quests 25 times.
    I gave up at 50 and at 100 (but finally finished it in the meantime)
    I really yhope they never do somthing like this again.
  • Starlight_Whisper
    Starlight_Whisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Master Angler...just too boring
  • agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well, I guess I'll be controversial.

The trial achievements aren't that difficult to obtain if you think outside the box. You could join a guild or trial group and "get good" of course, but equally you can buy a carry to pick up any of these titles. Job done.

I think the harder to achieve titles are some of the originals that were aimed at the player completing a lot of the content. Master Angler, for sure. Master Monster Slayer maybe. Tamriel Anchor Destroyer. Tamriel Skyshard Hunter. Those sorts of achievements. These require you to put in some serious hours personally, and to experience the game at its broadest level, PVP, PVE, the whole thing.

Of course, Emperor is still probably that hardest if you have a life outside gaming ;-)
  • nukk3r
    nukk3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    agegarton wrote: »
    Of course, Emperor is still probably that hardest if you have a life outside gaming ;-)

Even if you don't there are people who have more free time on their hands and they don't like to share. I see the same people in top 10 for months and when someone gets crowned they don't want to step down, for the next guy in the line. This generates a lot of drama in zone chat.
  • SammyKhajit
    SammyKhajit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Eats all Recipes. My main is getting indigestion but every day there is another one to eat...
  • caperb
    caperb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definitely the unchained and these trial trifecta's. The unchained first because your input is 1/4 instead 1/12.

In my experience definitely not:
    - Master angler. It doesn't take as long as people want it to sound. Yes it is a very long grind, but by no means the longest.
    - Grand master crafter: why is this even a title?
    - Solo arena titles: can be cheesed easily, though that isn't even needed.
    - Former emperor: maybe the hardest on my definitely not list. Can be cheesed, but is usually hard to get. I got mine during the start of a PC EU Vivec campaign, and for that I had to play the whole night and day after. Is only achievable if you have a day off or another source of free time.
    - Grand Overlord: achieved by just playing the game. Takes much longer than master anglers but you literally have to do nothing for it except playing the thing you enjoy.
  • Odovacar
    Odovacar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My opinion and it shouldn't be a surprise really...

Godslayer
    Gryphon Heart
    The Unchained (only one I have on this list and it was super tough for our group)

Tick Tock Tormentor as well.
  • Faiza
    Faiza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weesacs wrote: »
    Outside the ones found in trials, and with over 40k achievements myself, I find the following the hardest:

- Chaos Guardian
    - Chaos Champion

I still need these ones. Happy to be proven wrong with everyone's screenshots 😂👍

I really want Chaos Keeper and tbh it's gonna be at least a decade lol.
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't find titles in ESO all that engaging.

• El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    zvavi wrote: »
    Fang lair trifecta because you can't defeat 3rd boss without group member crashing

Zaan at Scalecaller Peak laughs at you puny mortals.
  • imnotanother
    imnotanother
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I have seen severaly Godslayers in Game, Severaly Master Anglers, and even the occasional former Emperor.

But I have never, ever seen any Count/Countess. https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Countess The prrequisites for this are just so high, that either nobody seems to bother to try it or nobody cares enough to wear the title. Admittedly, it does not require skill, just money!

@Zodiarkslayer I represent the Count title very proudly. Dropped like 12 million when housing came out to get it lol. I also have Master Angler and Grandmaster Crafter.
    PS4: NA - AD PSN: imnotanother (Artell Lyeselle)
    Stamina NightBlade 810+ CP - PvP/Trials/Dungeon Ready
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are all trial Trifectas, people can quibble over which is the most difficult. Anyone can get GO, emperor, master angler, with enough patience. Trifectas take 12 great players (and a stable server).
    Edited by Oreyn_Bearclaw on December 3, 2020 7:19PM
  • Lady_Titania
    Lady_Titania
    ✭✭✭
    This question should be broken down a bit as it is too vague. A good way to ask this question is:
    What is the hardest title to get via group content?
    What title is hardest to get via questing?
    What title is hardest to get in pvp?
    What is the hardest title to get via crafting?
    What title takes the longest to achieve?

Depending on what one is looking to achieve, the answer will obviously be different per person.

perfect trial run titles
    Emperor
    Grand master crafter
    Master angler
    Tamriel conqueror
    Tamriel skyshard hunter

Anyone with these achievements has put in alot of work. Don't discredit time, effort and dedication. :smile:
    Edited by Lady_Titania on December 3, 2020 7:24PM
  • Vlad9425
    Vlad9425
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jierdanit wrote: »
    Technically probably "Emperor" as there are only max 4 players on each Server who can have this title at once (not Former Emperor).

Only if the emperor can keep the title for a long time and the title was not during the starting of an empty server..

Talking about "former" emperor, I met many chevron Former Emperors and killed a lot of them. They obviously don't even have basic ideas of PvP but they already got the title.

The "Former" Emperor title can be farmed by low skill players helped by a guild group during the staring of a low population empty server. It's really a shame.

I honestly think that Emperor title should not be earned only based on total scores. There should also be something like a military medals system, for example in addition to taking all the keeps of the inner ring by your alliance and you being the highest scores person, you need to take 50 keeps, kill 1000 enemies and revive 100 teammates before earning the title (I just made up some arbitrary random examples, pls don't be too serious about these numbers).

A simpler fix may be that during the first few hours, no Emperor will be crowned, to avoid farming during the starting in low population servers.

You’re right the Former Emperor title has lost so much of it’s prestige because of empty campaigns. Disabling Emp on campaigns that can’t keep at least 1 bar population might be an effective solution.
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not going to quote what others said, so will just quote the person who started it, other wise we get a big long wall.

I agree. It's the most difficult I believe because most of us don't have the patience to do it. Not that it's hard dexterity wise, but hard mindful wise. Patience is a virtue.

For people who say it's not hard, how come you don't have it? Just one button pushing? Where is your master angler. OH you don't have one? Then yeah, it's the hardest one to get. :)
    Edited by Davor on December 3, 2020 8:18PM
    Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"